• Published 17th Oct 2012
  • 1,866 Views, 10 Comments

The Last Human in Equestira - Shilverow



After a LONG rest the last human is awoken and is ready to see how the world has changed.

  • ...
2
 10
 1,866

(Pilot) Awakening

Luna walked into Celestia’s room to speak with her sister. She found Celestia sitting by her window staring into the sky. “Sister?” Luna said. Celestia jumped in surprise, she hadn’t noticed Luna had walked in. Celestia going back to her usual calm attitude responded “Oh it’s just you. Is there something you need?”

Luna smiled “Are we not allowed to just want to speak with our sister?” Celestia giggled “Of course you are. But you would not take time off from your morning nap unless it was something that needed my immediate attention.” Luna looked confused “Sister it’s already evening.” Celestia returned with a confused gaze “It is? I must have lost track of time.”

This made Luna worry “You’ve never lost track of time before. What’s going on?”

Celestia looked back out at the sky. “Oh Luna. I’m not sure. I just feel something is coming, but what could it be?”


Back at ponyville the mane six had gone to a large open range by the mountain. Rainbow Dash had called them there to show off her new trick that she had been working on for months. Everypony but Fluttershy was there. Rainbow was at standing a good distance away for the others so she could concentrate.

“I hope this new trick is worth it. I had to cancel my trip to the spa to make it.” Rarity said in her usual snobby yet not snobby way. Apple Jack responded “I’m sure it’ll be great. I mean Rainbow usually learns new tricks in a couple a days, but this one took her a while. I’m interested ta see what kinda trick made er take so long.”

Twilight Sparkle waiting patiently for the show to begin joined the conversation. “I’m sure no matter what it is we’ll love it. Rainbow is our friend after all.” Pinkie Pie excitedly said “Well I made sure to bring the cake in so we could celebrate Rainbows accomplishment.” Rarity look around “That’s a marvelous gesture but, where’s this cake?” Pinkie said happily “I ate it on the way here.” Everypony put their hooves to on their heads and gave out a sigh. “I’m not even surprised at that.” Twilight said in a disappointing tone.

Twilight notices Rainbow is getting ready to take off. “It looks like she’s about to start.” She looks around for Fluttershy. “Oh where’s Fluttershy? Rainbow will be disappointed if she misses this.” Apple Jack turns toward where Rainbow Dash “Well if she doesn’t see it than that’s her lose.”

Rainbow took off at and astonishing speed. “We’ll just have to fill her in later right now our attention should be on Rainbow.” Rarity said. Rainbow flew high into the clouds out of sight from the ponies. “Here it comes.” Twilight said getting exited.

Rainbow shot down out of the cloud, but instead of her usual rainbow trail following her there was what looked like a storm cloud, the same kind the Wonderbolts had. Except RD’s had rainbow lightning bolts coming out of it. Everyponies jaw dropped to the floor. Except Pinkie who was jumping up in the air and screaming with joy. Rainbow landed right next to her friends.

“Well what do you think? I’m amazing aren’t I?” Rainbow said in her usual confident manner. Everypony rushed to talk to her. Twilight started to say “Rainbow that was amaz-“ but was cut off by Pinkie who was jumping around them “I know right. First she was all like flying normally, than she flew into a cloud, and then she did the. Um the. Um theeeeeeee.”

Rainbow smiled and said “Rainbow Blot.” Pinkie’s eyes grew and her voice got high “THE RAINBOW Bolt! Oh did you guys see that.”

Rarity still had an astonished look on her face. “Yes I saw it. Still working on believing though.” “Well shoot. If I didn’t see it with ma own eyes I’da thought it was impossible.” Apple Jack said praising her friend.

Rainbow boastfully said “Yea I doubt anypony but me could pull it off.” Twilight got curious “So how’d you do it? I’d love to study it. I’ve never read about anypony else doing a move like that. You could be the first in history.”

Rainbow began to blush but still showed off her pride “Well if it’s for you guys I could do it once or twice more. How bout it?” Everypony excitedly said yes.

Rainbow began to start again, bolting off the ground and into the sky. She went to into the clouds once again, and emerged with the Rainbow Bolt behind her. But while she was flying something got in her path. It was Fluttershy and she was flying at Rainbows normal speed while looking quite panicked.

It was too late to turn, they ran head first into each other. “AAAAAHHHHH!!! OUF!” After they collided they came hurdling down into the ground. All the other ponies rushed over to where they landed to see if they were all right.


Rainbow Dash started to get up after a few seconds of lying on the ground. “Oooowww” She moaned. “My head hurts like crazy. Was that Fluttershy I ran into? She must have landed around here to.” A soft voice came from below Rainbow Dash. “Um I’m down here.”

Rainbow Dash was standing on top of Fluttershy whose face was in the dirt. Fluttershy asked “Um could you please move…if that’s ok with you that is…” Rainbow quickly got off the shy mare “Oh my gosh Fluttershy are you ok?” Fluttershy put her head up “Oh I’m fine. Are you ok Rainbow Dash?” Rainbow was still a bit conserved for her friend “Don’t worry about it I’m fine. What kind of stunt pony would I be if I couldn’t take a little crash.” Fluttershy smiled “That’s good to hear.”

Rainbow remembered how fast Fluttershy was going when she ran into her. “You looked like you were in a hurry. Is something wrong?” Fluttershy then got a look of panic on her face again “Oh yes I almost forgot because of the crash. I found a-“ Fluttershy was cut off by Twilight, Rarity, Applejack, and Pinkie suddenly rushing in to check on them. Twilight spook up “Oh my gosh are you two ok? That was some crash.”

Rainbow waved them off. “Don’t worry we’re totally fine.” Rarity looked shocked “Nonsense. Look at your coats and manes their completely ruined.” Applejack rolled her eyes “I don’t think that’s much of a Rarity.” Rarity scold at Applejack “Says you. Fluttershy understands, right Fluttershy?” Fluttershy sternly said “We don’t have time for any of this I have to tell you all what I found.”

Everypony was shocked by how forward the usually timid Fluttershy was being. “So what did you find?” Twilight asked. Fluttershy then looked slightly puzzled as to what she should say “Well it’s kind of a… um it’s uuuhhh… It’s a thing.” Applejack looked confused “A thang?” Fluttershy nodded “Yes. A thing.”

Everypony looked at each other with confusion than turned back to Fluttershy. “What kind of thing?” Rarity asked. Fluttershy rubbed her chin and thought “Well it’s… sort of big, oh but not really big. It kind of looks like it’s a statue, but it feels… alive.” Pinkie jumped in excitedly “Alive? Do you think it likes parties? Oh we can just ask it, but what if it doesn’t know how to talk than how would we be able to ask it, we could just ask him to nod his head, but what if he doesn’t understand what w-“ “PINKIE!” Twilight Screamed. Pinkie pie got quite.

Twilight cleared her throat “Why don’t we just go see this, um, “thing.” Fluttershy would you please take us to where you found it.” Fluttershy looked happy “Certainly Twilight. Oh but we must hurry I think it gets lonely.” “Lonely? How do you know?” Rainbow asked. Fluttershy looked confident and said “I just know.” Rainbow shrugged “Ok than, whatever you say.”


The mares being led by Fluttershy arrived at a cave in the side of the mountain. Rainbow got confused Wait a minute. I spent all my time practicing here, I know it forward backward and upside down. And this cave wasn’t here a few days ago.” Fluttershy answered “Oh yes, one of my bird friends told me about that. It just appeared overnight. Quite storage don’t you think.”

Twilight became curious “well nothing’s going to happen if we just sit around outside. Let’s check it out. Fluttershy.” Fluttershy went in and everypony else followed.

A look of shock and fear could be seen in the mares’ eyes as they gazed at what Fluttershy had brought them to see. A strange figure on its knees with front hooves spared wide and head dropping to the floor. It looked like it was made of some strange metal, and had chains coming out of it and going every which way like a random spider web until they connected to the walls.

Rarity broke the silence “Well it certainly is a… Thing. I can see why you came to a loss of words when trying to describe it.” “I know right. Twilight what do you think of the thing.” Fluttershy asked. Twilight examined it. “I don’t know what to think. But it’s not a statue.” “It’s not?” Rainbow asked.

Twilight began to explain “No I don’t think so. Look at it. It looks like somepony encased something in this strange metal, and besides that there are chains hanging from it. Why would you need to chain up a statue? Something or somepony is defiantly in there.” Fluttershy held her head up high “Like I said it’s alive.” Then she quickly lowered her head. “Well I can’t be certain if it’s alive or not but it was defiantly alive at some point.” Twilight said.

Applejack walked up to it and looked at it for a second “Ay Twi can’t ya just do some fancy spell er somthin to… I don’t know release it?” Twilight thought for a bit “I don’t know if we want to release it. I mean from the looks of it whoever sealed it here must not have ever wanted it to get out.” “I agree with Twilight it could be dangerous.” Rarity said.

Rainbow flew around it and looked around “But look at it. I feel bad for it I mean it just looks so… sad.” Applejack nodded “I agree. Ain’t no pony should have to be sealed off like this. We need to help it.” Fluttershy poked her head up “I would like to free it. Um if that’s ok with you guys.”

Twilight thought for a second, and turned to her pink friend who had been glaring at the thing for sense they got there. “Pinkie you’ve been unusually quiet, what do you think.” Pinkie smiled and said “Oh we should defiantly let it free. I know I’d feel all sad if I were it. And we could even though it a party to make it feel welcome.”

Twilight rolled her eyes “Of course you’d want to throw it a party. If I can just undo it’s head maybe we can question it and find out if it’s safe to let free.” Applejack nodded “I think that’s a great idea. Well whatcha waitn for, fire up that horn a yers so we can have a nice chat with it.”

“Alright everypony stand back.” Twilight’s horn glow, along with the head of the thing. After a few seconds the casing began to crack. Everypony got excited. Than all of the sudden the casing on the head broke off, and long sliver hair fell from the things head and dropped down to the floor. It didn’t move, not even a little bit.

Twilight lowered her head to get a better look at it. “Um hello there I’m Twilight Sparkle It’s nice to meet you.” No answer. Twilight became concerned “Are you… alive?” The things head slowly began to rise it’s head, its hair coved most of its face but one eye showed. An eye that was as blue as the azure sky. Everypony was exited and scared as to what this mysterious thing might say or do.

”Mumble mumble mumble. ” The thing said. Twilight moved a bit closer but still kept her distance “I’m sorry what was that. You need to speak up.” The thing spoke again “Come closer.” Pinkie without hesitation jumped forward and put her ear right up next to the things mouth. The thing spoke “Does my breath stink?”

Everypony else was confused but Pinkie again without hesitation answered. “Out of ten I’d give it about a six.” The thing tilted its head “Really? You’d think after all this time I’d be worse. I guess I just have naturally good breath.” Rainbow came closer “How long have you been down here anyways.” The thing thought for a second “Uuuuhhhh not sure. What month is it?” “It’s October.” Rarity answered. The thing quickly replied “I’ve been here 2,478 years.”

Everypony got wide eyed with shock and yelled “WHAT!” a few moments of awkward silence fell. Fluttershy broke it said “Oh that’s quite a long time I hope you weren’t lonely.” The thing responded “Na. Well a little, but at the sacrifice of what little sanity I had left, it was no problem.” Twilight cleared her throat to begin interrogation “Ehem. Might I ask what your name is?” The thing looked puzzled “My name? Oh my name, which one should I choose I have so many. Tell you what why don’t you guys give your names and then I’ll pick one that fits in.”

Everypony looked a bit confused but went along with it anyways. “I’m Apple Jack. Snice to meetcha.” The thing replied “Like wise.” Rainbow flew close to the thing “I’m Rainbow Dash the greatest flier in ponyville and future member of the Wonderbolts.” “That’s quite a lengthy name.” The thing said. Rainbow tried to correct him “No it’s-“ But was cut off by Pinkie. “And I’m Pinkamena Diane Pie, my friends just call me Pinkie Pie, which is everyone.” The thing let out a light laugh “You sound like you’d throw a wicked party.” Rarity raised her chin to the air “I am Rarity. Charmed to meet you.” The thing moved its head like it was bowing “The pleasers all mine.” Fluttershy lowed her head “Um hello my name is um… Fluttershy.” “That’s a pretty name.” The thing said. Twilight stepped toward the center of everypony “As I said before I am Twilight Sparkle. Does this help you pick a name?”

The thing began to think “Let me think. How aboooouuuut, Shade.” Twilight looked confused “Shade?” Shade spoke “Yes Shade has a nice ring to it don’t you think.” Twilight got a disappointed look on her face “Did you just make it up?” “No…” Shad averted his gaze. “Maybe… yes.” Shad lowed his head. Twilight smiled “Well it’ nice to meet you Mr. Shade-“ Shad cut her off “Just Shade thank you. Mr. Shade was my father’s name.” Twilight looked confused “But I thought you just made that name up right now.” Shade returned the same confused look “Yes I did. But how is that relevant to what we’re talking about?” Twilight became flustered “But, you said. Oh never mind… Why don’t you answer a few of our questions?” “I would but I’m a bit tied up right now.” Shade looked at his chains. Pinkie suddenly broke out in laughter “Ha tied up. Get it because he’s actually tied up with chains.”

Applejack tried to be the voice of reason “Why don’t you undo the rest of him. He seems like he’s a nice guy.” Shade smiled “Yes I agree with Apple Jack. I’ve been in this thing for 2,478 years now and honestly I’m kind of sick of it.” Twilight pondered for a bit. “Well… Ok just give me second.” Twilight’s horn began to glow again and this time the rest the metal thing that surround Shade began to glow as well. A few cracks began to form and after about 8 seconds the metal thing had broken shattering everywhere as the chains fell to the ground. Shade had pale skin and was wearing a black cloak that looked beaten and worn. His left arm looked burnt from the tip of his hand to about half way up the forearm.

Shade let out a sigh of relief “Oh finally that thing is gone…” Shade didn’t move his body out of the position it was in. He was slightly wiggling but his pose still didn’t change. “It seems I am in another predicament.” Rainbow got close “What’s Wrong?” Shade began to explain “Well you see I haven’t moved in a LOOOONG time and the cartilage in my bones… Well I basically have none so I can’t move from this position.” Applejack rubbed her head “I don’t understand. What’s cartilage?”

Shade went into teacher mode “Cartilage is what makes it so you can move bones. Now how do I explain, it’s like when a person dies they go into rigamortis, I basically have that.” Applejack still looked confused. Shade sighed “Do you know anyone that’s really old and can’t move their bones that well?” Applejack nodded “Eeyup. Granny Smith can barely move sometimes.” Shade smiled “It’s like that but much much worse.”

Twilight jumped into the conversation “Is there any way to fix it?” Shade grinned happily “Yea I can fix it myself. It’ll take a bit though. Now let’s see I haven’t done this sense I got stuck in here.” Shade began to glow but not like unicorn magic glow. His was like gold energy seeping out of him. (It looks like the regeneration stuff form Doctor Who. If you don’t know what that looks like here’s a picture. http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m59ke0795M1rvgxklo3_1280.jpg )

Twilight was amazed and in aw “I’ve never seen that type of magic before. What are you doing?” Shade got excited at the chance to explain what he was doing “I’d expect you never to have seen it before seeing as I’m the only one who can do it. As for what I’m doing, I’m playing God with my body.” Twilight only became more confused “Playing God?” Shade only smiled and said “Yes I’m recreating parts of my body so that I’ll be able to move again.” Pinkie jumped with excitement “O if you’re recreating yourself you should think about making it so you look more like a pony. You don’t look anything like one right now.”

Shade giggled at that remark “Well that makes sense seeing as I’m not a pony.” Pinkie tilted her head almost completely sideways “Than what are you?” Shade prepared to drop some knowledge “I’m a-“ and was immediately cut off by Pinkie. Wait wait don’t tell me I wanna guess. You’re a griffin, no a zebra, a dragon, a goat, a donkey, a changeling, or are you whatever discord was?” Shade smiled “None of the above. I’m human.” “Aw shot that was my next guess.” Rainbow looked confusingly at her pink friend “Really?” Pinkie just hoped around and said “No my next was a parasprite.”

Rarity decided to but in “If you don’t mind me asking. What is a human, I’ve never heard of one before.” Shade tilted his head and began to ponder “Hum how do I explain what a human is… A human is a human.” Rarity looked disappointed “That doesn’t help.” Shade glared at her “Hey this is difficult. Why don’t you try explaining what a pony is?” Rarity put her hove to her chest in confidence “Well that’s easy a pony is… A pony is a pony.” She lowered her head in defeat. Shade gave a victory simile “Excuse me Mr. Shade-“ Shade cut her off “Lose the Mr.” Twilight cleared her throat “Um Shade I’ve read through thousands of history books and I’ve never once herd of a human.” Shade began to look serious “Yea there’s a good reason for that.” Applejack leaned forward “And that is?” Shade went back to his fun personality and began to stand up. Raising one knee and putting his hand on it to help in up. “Now now.” Shade stood all the way up and brushed off his cloak “Who starts a story at the end? That’s quite boring. So why don’t we leave this cave and I can explain everything after oh I don’t know… Some new clothes, a haircut, and maybe something to eat.”

Twilight nodded “Alright those sound like perfectly reasonable request. Come along everypony lets show him around Ponyville.” “Hold on. Did you just say everypony.” Twilight was confused “Yes? Is there something wrong with that?” Shade slightly giggling to himself “No no everything is fine.” Twilight was still confused but decided to let it go “Well… As I was saying. Let’s go.”

Comments ( 10 )

You need to re-write this story. Because according to site rules, this is one of the types of stories you can't publish here:

Stories in chat or script format. This includes stories in which characters speaking is indicated similar to this: "TWILIGHT: I sure do love books!"

So basically, you need to rewrite it so it's not in script format.

1455879 Thank you very much for informing me of this. I never did like reading rules anyways, just figuring it out along the way is usually how I do it. But I guess I can't apply that logic here. I shall read over the rules and have a rewritten version in oh maybe a week give or take a couple of days.

I like it. Tracking.

Seems like it would be good if it was not in script so watching till the new version is out.

Good story, but the format gives me a headache. Hope to see a new chapter soon!

Hi

I shall ... then beat you with... and I'd stand over you laughing sorry for the ... but i didn't want to get graphic and give.you nightmares also I'd do it if you ruin this so far so good just.don't write like this name-blahblah yadayada other-hmmm...

You will need a proofreader

1478573 Are you offering?

1533174 I would, but I'm occupied with school.Sorry about that.Anyway your story is worth reading but you know how there are grammar-nazis on this site, so I thought I should advise you to get a proof-reader.

How's this one? I can rewrite it again but I don't really want to. But still give an honest opinion.

Login or register to comment