• Published 17th Oct 2012
  • 2,585 Views, 61 Comments

A Transdimensional Family Trip - CaptainSanchez



The Hooves family is about to visit their Patriarch's home. Not town, not planet, but universe.

  • ...
2
 61
 2,585

The End... Kinda

A Transdimensonal Family Trip

Chapter 5: The End... Kinda

Edited by Rain-M24

It has been six weeks now since they have come to this universe, and they had already adjusted perfectly. Ditzy had insisted that the family stay in London so that Dinky and Sparkler could go to school, much to the dismay of the girls. The entire family, except Dinky and Sparkler, had been trying to get jobs, so as to keep up the illusion that they were a "normal" family.

***

"So, boys, how'd the job search go?" asked Ditzy to the Doctors, as they entered the two-story house that the group now lived in. The two time-travelers looked at each other, and Raggedy spoke to his counterpart.

"Turner, I think you'd best be the one to tell her," he said, his grin undeniable. "After all, it was your idea that we try UNIT." The Doctor agreed with Raggedy, since Ditzy would want to hear about this, and she trusted him more.

"Well, you see Ditzy," he said, turning to his wife. "UNIT's current commander, Brigadier Haines, is quite familiar with my work as UNIT's Scientific Advisor. Because of that, he was thrilled to learn that there were two of me looking for a job. He was even happy to learn that we already had assistants. He did, however, require that at least one of us be present for any matters requiring our attention, so Raggedy and I decided that it would be best if we lock up our respective TARDISes for a while. That means we won't be able to go traveling very often, and I'm so sorry for that." As he said the last couple of sentences, he seemed to take on a sudden interest in his shoes. Seeing her husband's obvious dismay, Ditzy laughed.

"Muffin," she began, wiping a fictional tear from her eye. "That's probably a good thing, considering that you tend to get sidetracked, and we can't afford to ruin Dinky's education. I mean, I'll probably have to join a gym, what with how much less running I'll be doing, but it's still for the best." The Doctor hugged his wife, happy that she was being so rational.

After 17 years of marriage, he still couldn't believe that Ditzy was so... great. Very few of his Companions had ever enjoyed his company more than the whole saving-entire-planets-throughout-all-of-time-and-space thing. Then he realized something.

"Ditzy?" he asked his cross-eyed wife, releasing her from the hug.

"Yes, Doctor?" asked Ditzy, noticing worry on her husband's face.

"I can't drive. I don't have a license, and even if I did, I don't have a car," the Doctor said, his face contorted with worry. "I haven't needed one in a very long time, you see. So... how are we going to get to work ?"

The End

Author's Note:

Hello, everyone! I hope that you've enjoyed this Trip. This chapter was never meant to do any more than inform you of what the Hooves (now Turner) family is going to do in the Whoniverse. It's short for a reason, people (besides, I know nothing about English car brands, and didn't want to embarrass myself)! Angry about the cliffhanger? Don't be! I shall post a sequel story entitled "Almost Normal," this idea was borrowed from GentlemanJ's "Journey of Graves" series. The second story will be posted soon, don't worry. I'm even going to put a link to Trip on Almost Normal's first chapter, so that new readers can easily get caught up with the story.

Comments ( 24 )

:pinkiecrazy: Simple fanfic.... I like it.
i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/9/28/KGe4svBK30Oj0TpTgz3-WQ2.jpg

:moustache: Please keep up the good work my good sir.

*NOTE: THERE IS NO STEAMPUNK IN THIS STORY, THAT WAS JUST THE ONLY IMAGE I COULD FIND SHOWING A HUMAN HOOVES FAMILY*


Ummmm,then would you kindly post the source of the pic then? pretty please? since well,you're right,this is pretty muh the only pic the shows Derpy,Dinky,Amethyst Star and Dr Hooves/Time Turner together as humans.

I have learned that Unit's Commander in 2006 was Emily Chaundhry, but... screw it. I'm still using Haines in the sequel.

Awesome story man it was the best doctor story I have ever read

1820691yeah they always have the doctor like defeat discord with the mane 6 but this is the doctor derpy and their kids it is amazing!:heart:

1636494 I did. I'd really like to get someone to make a more accurate picture, but that hasn't worked out so far.

Nice ending :)

Oooooohhhhhhhh :twilightblush: now i feel stupid :derpytongue2:. Oh and i prefer Sky not princess too formal i hate formal crap :rainbowwild:

:heart: That was a super great story :rainbowlaugh: :rainbowlaugh: :rainbowlaugh: :rainbowlaugh: this is to give you an idea of how hard i laffed when the Doctor met Rose, River and Jenny and cant wait to read Almost Normal :pinkiehappy:

2148762 Then don't. The first chapter is on my FanFiction account. I assume you know how to find the link to that.

4317105 dammit i decide to do it myself my going on fanfiction search your name and i start reading it then you post a link :derpytongue2:

4317121 well i just read the full chapter and all i can say is "I don't even" :facehoof:

4317134 Did I only post one chapter?

4317148 oh i didnt see the 2nd one

1469144 Like Peri's five different fates, or how Ace might have become a Time Lady.

Comment posted by CaptainSanchez deleted May 19th, 2014

4415270 Even the doctor has a few contradictory events. His entire 8th regeneration is just a big mess of redone timelines and alternate fates. Even now, the 11th was supposed to die on trenzalore, but he doesent, so what does that say about the GI or impossible girl storylines

4515172 That the Time Lords intervened, as they are sworn never to.

go to your search engine, type in dr whooves steampunk, and hit images. most of the pictures are from deviant art. or you can type in mlp steampunk, and youll get better set of images.

6264581 Because it's the only image I could find of the four of them as humans.

Login or register to comment