• Published 17th Oct 2012
  • 2,585 Views, 61 Comments

A Transdimensional Family Trip - CaptainSanchez



The Hooves family is about to visit their Patriarch's home. Not town, not planet, but universe.

  • ...
2
 61
 2,585

The Captain

A Transdimensional Family Trip

Chapter 4: The Captain

Edited by Rain-M24


 "Raggedy, who are you looking for?", asked The Doctor to his counterpart. Raggedy looked up from his map of London, surprised to hear his name. Nobody in this universe calls me Raggedy, so who just called me? When he saw the Doctor, his eyes lit up.


"Well, lookie here. It's Turner!" exclaimed the top-hatted Gallopfreyan. "What are you doing here, Turner?" Oh, that's right. The psychic link doesn't work when we're from different dimensions thought The Doctor, stroking a beard that he didn't have to signal contemplation.


"Well, Raggedy, I'm on a family vacation; Well, it's more of a trip, since I doubt that we'll get back. Anyway, Time Turner was my alias in your universe. Here it's Dr. John Smith, Ph.D, not MD. Well, I suppose I do have a medical degree, but I got it in 1887. I doubt that medical license is still valid, and I can't quite renew it with a degree from the 19th century. I'm beginning to ramble, though, aren't I?", asked/explained/said the Doctor. Raggedy was still getting used to being on the receiving end of one of those speeches, so he laughed a little.


"Well, John," began the Time Charger, "I'm willing to bet that the Captain will be thrilled that We've found you, or rather, that you've found us." Dinky was confused by this statement, as she hadn't been told of any Captains in her father's past. Of course, if Raggedy meant who The Doctor thought he meant, it would make perfect sense that he wouldn't have told Dinky about him.


"You don't mean Jack, do you?" asked the Doctor to Raggedy, hoping that his daughters wouldn't have to meet the flirtatious, living point of fixed time that was Captain Jack Harkness. Raggedy was too giddy to respond to that, so Cole decided to do so in his stead.


"Well, Johnny, it's either him or a Time Lord, which do you think is more likely?" asked the formerly blue woman. The Doctor chuckled at this, and decided to explain about Jack on the way to meet him. Good thing, too, since Sparkler wanted to know why her father had kept a Captain whom he'd clearly done quite a bit of traveling with out of his stories.


"Well, girls," began The Doctor. "I suppose I should tell you about Jack. He's, well, immortal. He flirts with just about everyone he meets, and he likes guns. He really likes guns. With that bit of information out of the way, I'm going to tell you about how I met him..."

***


"Doc, is that you?" The entire time-traveling family looked up to see the source of the question, a handsome "young" man in a grey greatcoat. The young-looking man jumped from the alcove atop which he had been standing. He shook the Doctor's hand, before noticing Ditzy. "Doc, who's this young beauty?" he asked,turning to the blonde woman. "Hi, Captain Jack Harkness. Tell me, beautiful, who are you?" he asked, flashing one of his grins and putting out a hand. Ditzy giggled a bit, seeing that her husband's descriptions of Jack hadn't been very far off-base.


 "I'm Ditzy Doo, The Doctor's wife, and I've got to say, it seems that my husband didn't exaggerate when he described you" replied the postal worker, shaking the soldier's hand. Jack looked at the Doctor, incredulous.


"Well hello Ditzy D--" Jack started. Wait, I can't possibly have heard that right. "Wife?", asked the immortal. "Doc, I didn't think you had it in you. Would you mind if I--" Jack was cut short by The Doctor's glare. How could a glare cut off his sentence, you ask? Clearly you haven't seen this glare. This glare could stop a whole legion of Daleks in its tracks.


"Yes, Jack, I do" said the Doctor, in that scary tone he gets sometimes, you know the one. Dinky and Sparkler found this whole scene humorous to no end.

TO BE CONTINUED IN CHAPTER 5: THE ENDING… KINDA

Author's Note:

Well, this chapter was pretty short and pointless. Eeyup, just wanted to write a new chapter.