• Published 9th Oct 2012
  • 1,448 Views, 17 Comments

Luna and the Guard - blackdragonepic



Luna gets a special somepony

  • ...
5
 17
 1,448

A Fear of fire

It was a seemingly average day in canterlot… well for normal ponies. For those in the palace it was a different story, especially those in the main dining room as a very strange scene took place.

“PLEASE spare me princess lun…” Starry began but he was cut off. “nay you shall! Eat you brussel sprouts!” the night Princess declared forcing Starry to eat the third last brussel sprout that he was trying so desperately not to consume. “please?” Starry said trying a different tactic by mustering up a puppy dog face that would turn foals everywhere green with envy.” As he wiggled under Luna’s magic grip that was pinning him to the floor

“hhmmmm” Luna said tapping her chin Starrys ears perked up “I Think that I can let you…” she paused for a moment allowing Starry’s hopes to soar before saying “nah” and forced down the last of Starry’s most hated vegetable . Starry gave out a *blech* as the last one went down his throat, because in his mind they were the bane of his existence and he hated them more than any other food.

Starry was released from the magical grip which allowed him to rise to his all 4’s, Regain his surroundings Starry Identified the door should he have to bolt if Luna should decide that he had to have more of the unsavory vegetable. After regaining his settings Starry looked at Luna who was now sitting down looking at him with a very disapproving look “was all that really necessary? Can’t you just eat your vegetables without me forcing you to?” Luna said.

“Vegetables aren’t the problem. Its brussel sprout that are, it’s like they were made just for the purpose of being disgusting” Starry said defensively. Luna shook her head “Anyways… we have much to attend to” she said picking up and heading for the door. Starry followed up behind her as she walked past the door guards “We will be doing something different tonight”. “and what is that” Starry asked curiously “ we shall discus that when we get there it will be different from the usual activities I can assure” she said and they continued walking down away leaving the door guards standing there.

Once the princess and Starry were out of sight the one guard looked at the other “usual activities?” The one guard asked. “I have no idea” the other guard replied before the first guard reached a conclusion on their activities.

“Well… I hope they use protection” the first guard said causing the other guard to face hoof.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luna and starry had just made it back to Luna’s room after the short trot form the dining room, When the guards opened the door for them Luna happily ran forward and be taking out books from a small shelf at the side and placing them on her bed.

“So? What did you mean when you said “something different” earlier Starry said looking at Princess Luna. “MAGIC TESTING” she said with joy, “magic testing?” “yes magic testing”. Starry raised an eye brow “what do you mean why are you doing it?” he asked “well first of all you are my guard and a unicorn, and I want to make sure that you have at least some skill with magic. Besides I will all so be studying on a few thing tonight, it’s been so long and I bet there are tons of new spells out there just waiting for me to master them. However I ramble prepare yourself to be tested.” Luna replied.

She jumped up onto her bed and reach for one of the many books that lay strewn across it. “Let’s begin.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Starry grunted under the strain as he lifted up the metal ball in front of him with his magic, he certainly wasn’t accustom to doing this kind of work with magic. Normally it would be lifting small objects briefly with the occasional heavy object. The only acceptation was his sword which he practiced with both magic and hoof but that was much lighter than this ball.

Starry gave one last strain as he lifted the balls and put it down before collapsing on the ground from the magical strain and exhaustion that he was now feeling. “well… that was ok. But it will take some work” Luna said looking up from one of her text books “We should do this more often as well as you should do some exercises that will increase you magical power but for now, it my turn” Luna said grinning as she spoke the last few words

Putting her book down she jumped into the middle of the room “let’s begin.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“um Luna maybe you could use something other than…” Starry said but his mouth was sealed shut with a short and quick spell. “I thought that might come in handy” Luna said looking at the now Silenced Starry “now enough complaining, I must concentrate.” Starry looked at Luna a best he could as he hovered above encased in her blue aura, while she simultaneously levitated 2 of the spheres he had earlier and was also doing other fine tasks.

This was all much to Starry’s dislike as he hovered dangerously over Luna squirming a bit not to mention that he was now also unable to speak. All this making it so he could only watch as Luna tried out complex spell while have to maintain her focus and keep Starry in the air. Apparently she needed him for it rather than something else because levitating a living thing that moves and breaths is different than levitating an inanimate object (although starry never noticed the difference).

“There that’s enough of that” Luna said before putting Starry down on her bed and releasing the spell that held him in the air taking off the mouth restraint spell. “Now that that is finished I’m going to be doing some element specific magic” she pulled a chair out from the table across the room. “I have a general knowledge test set out there, It has four sections; math, English, history, and science. You have two hours. No magic, only hoof writing” Luna finish.

Starry winched, before proceeding to the table with the test on it. Laid out was a twenty page test on the left side there was 2 pencils and one pen on the right there was an abacus, and an eraser. Starry picked up the abacus and examined it before looking at Luna and looking back at the abacus. He decided against telling her that he had no idea how to use it.

So he sat down before opening the first page and beginning.

It wasn’t going well an hour had passed already and he was only on the seventh page and he was sweating. This test was evil, Starry had decided it. If he looked into the dictionary to help himself with the English part he was sure he would find it as an example for evil. EXPECIALLY THE HISTORY SECTION. It included historical events that actually happened but the events were spread across the last 2000 years.

The fact that he knew about some of them was a miracle, but knowing them enough in detail to answer the questons. Starry sighed and continued to fill out the test as best as he could, hoping that he wouldn’t do to badly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“what did you use to hold the pencil? Your ear?” Luna asked causing Starry to rub the back of his head in shame “hoof writing was never my strong point, as soon as I was able I started using magic I used it to do all the stuff I write” replied Starry.

“Anyway. 55%” Luna said as she finished marking the test causing Starry to head desk, “well. At least I will have something to do other than just play games. I can also do some much. Needed. Tutoring.” Luna finished putting the test away. “well it’s a good thing that you are finished however. I’m going to start doing some magic that I will need you for to make sure I have total control over the next few elements” Luna said.

Starry nodded, while he didn’t like being the princess’s guine pig, but he had no say in the matter, besides after they had done this tomorrow they could get back to playing games. “Come over here and stand so that your left side is facing me” She instructed and Starry obeyed. Luna reached over to her side table and grabbed a jug of water that was sitting upon it taking it careful she moved it over Starry’s back and began to tip the water jug over careful and briefly allowed water to flow out. Water came down on starry and began to trickle down on his back Starry was surprised however when he didn’t feel his coat getting wet.

He turned around to see what was going on to find that Luna was controlling the water to such a degree that she was able to move the water around him without getting his coat soaked, First she formed a perfectly smooth coating over his back and stomach then she brought it over he mane before bringing it back into the jug. “wow” Starry said amazed that one could form water so close to his hair that It was touching but still keep him dry. “Let’s continue” Luna said pouring the entire jug onto the floor, the water splashed down before forming a thin layer under Starry.

The layer sat still for a moment before it began to run up his legs and coated his entire under side, Starry examined himself before Luna told him to stand still and look forward. He complied and started to look at the wall in front of him before he felt himself begin to rise. Lifted up by the water equally on all parts of his body he was lifted up and he rotated three times before he was set back down.

“Now how is that, For water elemental control” she said braggingly causing Starry to nod his head in agreement that it was impressive but also rolling his eyes at her bragging. “On to the next element” She said “which would be?” “fire” Luna answered. Starry’s body tensed up “can we skip that one” Starry asked his voice a little shaky “Absolutely not now stand still”.

Luna reach to her bed side and grabbed a candle bring it to her front and placing it down, she ignited her horn with magic and she moved her hoof over the flame. The fire leapt up to her hoof causing Starry to start to shake a little, the flame spread across the bottom of her hoof and she spread it to her other fore hoof with a touch. Holding her hoofs out in front of her the fire shot up into the air coming off of her hoofs creating quite a show.

Luna moved her hoofs towards Starry and he shut his eyes as they made contact spreading small points of fire on to his back which flickered and stayed not spreading out. Starry glanced at his back wishing for the whole thing to end quickly, but Luna had other plans. The fire flared up on his back spreading out across his body the sudden flare caused Starry to start, his eyes turning into pin pricks and he jumped away from Luna screaming “fire!” causing Luna to rise up in surprise.

“Starry! Calm down” she yelled frantically trying to get him to stop freaking, the fire wasn’t going to hurt him. When Luna took the fire onto her hoofs she changed it in to a fire that was artificial in the fact that it wouldn’t burn but instead turned anything that it normally would into a deep shade of purple. Starry didn’t know that as she tried to tell him to calm himself so she could put him, instead he freaked out for about ten seconds before darting into her was room jumping into her shower and turning it on full blast.

After putting himself out just before Luna could enter he reached out with magic closed and locked the door. Luna blinked at the sudden barrier before her and knocked on it “starry are you in there” it was a dumb question. She already knew the answer but it was more of looking to get a response rather than an actually answer. When none came, Luna press her ear up to the door hoping to hear something even though she could have just opened the door with magic she preferred not to because there was a reason Starry had locked the door. He had gone crazy as well, meaning something was up she didn’t think that this was just a fear of fire.

After listening hard she thought she could make out the soft mournful sound of crying, it was a faint sobbing but she could hear it, so she quietly unlocked the door and proceeded in. Sitting on the floor of her shower was Starry facing away from the door, sobbing softly and completely soaked. She came up behind him and asked “Starry? Are you ok?” Starry turned to look at her his eyes a little red. “It’s ok Starry. Your fine, the fire wasn’t going to hurt you” Luna comforted sitting down beside him and pulling him into a hug “yes it was. It was going to burn me” Starry said in a shaky and afraid voice.

“ssssssssshhhhhhhhhh, its ok” Luna continued to comfort, they continued like the for a few minutes before Luna spoke “alright, well I can’t have you catching a cold. Here dry yourself off with this” she said handing him a towel. Starry took it and dried himself off before stepping out of the washroom with Luna “what happ…” “I don’t want to talk about it” “Starry you know you can…” “I said I don’t want to talk about it”.

Luna looked a Starry for a moment before sighing “alright but you’re going to sleep here tonight” Luna said. Starry looked back and her confused “why” “My reasons are my own, however it is getting close to the end of your shift so go now and get your pajamas” Luna instructed before Starry replied “I don’t wear pajamas.”

Luna looked at him “what do you mean you don’t wear pajamas?” “I mean I don’t wear pajamas” Starry said back. “You must wear pajamas! Now go get you pajamas!” Luna said refusing to believe that he didn’t wear pajamas “I don’t wear pajamas! I don’t own a pair of pajamas” Starry continued. Luna blink “fine” she huffed and disappeared into her giant closet. Starry stood there before shaking his head, sometimes Luna was the most amazing mare even though he would never admit it, and sometimes she made no sense and obsessed over small things.

“AHA I have found them” he heard from the closet and soon Luna emerged carrying a deep blue and teddy bear covered pair of foal sized pajamas. Starry bursting out into laughter “Luna there is no way that I am even going to fit into those let alone actually wear them while sleeping” but his laughing stopped when Luna’s horn came to life and the pajamas expanded with a *pop* to his exact size. “Luna. I don’t care how much you want or try to get me to wear those pajamas there is no way I am ever putting those on”.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“I hate you so much right now” Starry said looking at himself in his new pajamas in the mirror “but you’re so adorable” Luna said with a squeal hugging him like he was and oversized teddy bear, he even gave a small squeak when she squeezed him. “this wasn’t in the royal guard description” Starry complained “but it was in the “Luna’s personal guard/ friend and playmate” agreement” Luna said with a smile.

“You made that up”

“Nope. look” Luna said and she pulled out an official looking booklet and handed it to Starry and Starry started to read it. “rule number one, you must always eat your brus… nope not doing this. I quit my job, let me go so I can go create a nation of non brussel sprout eaters” Starry said still being clung onto Luna like an oversized stuffed animal. Luna hefted him out in front of her like he was a puppy dog and held him under his fore leg joints with immense alicorn strength with him facing her she said “But that’s the great part, you can’t quit. Your job. Will last. Forever!” She said dramatically before pulling Starry back into a hug and laughing like a maniac.



Shining armor had been asked by Luna earlier to deliver a report to her about events she was planning, and now while he approached the room he didn’t expect what he would find. Opening the door slowly the first thing he saw with the rest of the room hidden behind the door was the Pile of Starry’s guard uniform on the floor right beside and he heard Starry say “Noooo, please let me go”. Shining’s eyes widened as he took all this in, and he couldn’t close the door fast enough.

Shining armor was Desperately hoping that he didn’t need to tell Celestia that Luna needed that talk. Back in the olden days the nobles would be able to request somepony so that they could please themselves with, but now you couldn’t just say you wanted somepony and get them. Shining knocked on the door and was asked to come in and was some what relieved when he heard Starry say “Help, she treating me like an oversized plushy” Starry complained from her hug of doom.

Shining burst out laughing and trotted over to them closing the door behind him “Hey Starry, great pajamas” He got out before continuing to laugh, Luna however was not amused. “Captian” she said sternly causing Shining to straighten up a bit “in my closet, I have a pair of rainbow coloured pajamas that covered with flowers and it can be locked on with a spell if needed” Luna said menacingly “I wonder how the captain of the royal guard would look if he was teleported into the barracks wearing that. you know, it was originally made for a foal as well. Maybe a diaper would complete the look” Luna finished her threat smiling. Nopony made fun of Starry. NOPONY.

Shining pupils went down to pin pricks almost disappearing from his eyes “here’s that report you wanted, nice seeing you BYE” Shining said in about a second before dropping a folder turning tail and running for his dignity. Luna picked up the folder finally releasing Starry from her grasp and setting him down on a pillow next to her sitting down on a couch and going over the report. A servant delivered their dinner and they ate together at the table that Starry had written the test on.

After a while it was beginning to get early in the morning and Starry sat down as stayed there for a little while before Luna got up from the couch and said “alright. Bed time” Starry stood up and asked “Right where exactly will I be sleeping?” “on my bed with me” Starry blushed. “Oh come on, it’s not that big of a deal” Luna said jumping onto her bed. Starry reluctantly followed laying down on the far side bed and shortly fell asleep. Luna of course still had to lower the moon so she stayed awake however there was one thing that she wanted to do, she got up and walked over to the now sleeping starry and said softly “Now, lets see what is in your dreams”.

Comments ( 7 )

that seems a bit.....invasive

1944839
?

sorry, I don't know what you mean. please explain.:applejackconfused:

1944938

the whole going into peoples dreams thing. Just seems like a horribly disrespectful invasion of privacy to me is all. love the story though.

I really like this story so far but I was wondering if u could make them longer?

2434968
the chapters hmmm, I don't know. I suppose I could but I like to keep it around 2,000 words and I end it when I feel like it should but I guess I could.

Thanks a bunch! :scootangel: it's just cus I like to read long stories and this one would be a good read but great job dude! :twistnerd:

Great story, its hard to find clean stories out there involving romance.

Login or register to comment