• Published 9th Oct 2012
  • 1,448 Views, 17 Comments

Luna and the Guard - blackdragonepic



Luna gets a special somepony

  • ...
5
 17
 1,448

A Change of Position

Shining Armor was walking around checking up on all of the guards that were stationed around the palace. Normally he wouldn’t have worried but for some reason he couldn’t get himself to fall back to sleep and for a lack of something better to do and not wanting to wake up cadence he decided that he might as well do this. He was almost finish, having checked around the palace he found everything in order all of the guards were at their posts and they have all had a uneventful evening.

He now approached the last post that he had yet to check: Princess Luna’s quarters, normally he wouldn’t have even have bothered because it was so far out of the way but because he had done everywhere else and it was his job, he now made his way toward the room. From what he saw, he was certainly glad he did decide to stop by because what he saw did not please him.

First thing he noticed was the First guard passed out on the floor, which he could understand slightly but it was still unacceptable and second was that the second guard was missing entirely, it was as if he had just wandered off. He approached the guard sleeping on the floor wanting answers before he heard a voice which was male call out “That’s it!” in a frustrated tone. That came from the Princesses room! He thought he charge towards the door fearing the worst and was about to charge in sword draw when he heard something he didn’t expect. Laughter.

Shining carefully approached the door and opened it slowly so as not to make a sound, It was hard to be able to sneakly open such a big door. However he managed it and peered in, He found that the laughter belonged to princess Luna who was now doubled over on the floor in joyous fits and what she was laughing at was the missing guard that laid on a twister mat looking like he had just preformed a impossible yoga move and was struggling to untangle himself from the ball that he was in “we are never playing twister again.” Starry stated. It now seemed that the princess had finally managed to collect herself from the floor and still giggling she walked over and prodded a few places before the tangled up pony untangled himself ending up sprawled across the floor panting.

“How did you manage to get yourself so tangled up in… well, yourself? Anyways. Well it doesn’t matter, so what do you want to play next?” She said holding up three different board games “can we just rest for now I’m kind of sore” Starry asked “Nonsense! The fun must be doubled!” she said gave a small nuzzle to Starry picked out a game from the three and levitated Starry who was still lying on the floor into a chair on the other side of the room.

Shining Armor watched quietly from the crack in the door before silently closing it. It all made sense now, he though as his mind pieced together the puzzle that laid before him. Trotting off knowing that he would have an even harder time getting to sleep he decided to leave his actions to tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shining Armor sat at his desk, not what a normal pony would expect a captain to do. No. most thought his job was just ordering ponies around but actually he had to do quite a bit of desk work in his job as everything that was related to security had to go through him before it could be done. Honestly all of the work was rather tiring but still he worked away at it. A knock sounded out.

“come in” Shining armor said with a rather flat voice only to find Princess Luna walk in and say “you have requested my presences captain. What doth thou want with me, I am rather tired at the moment.” Shining put down the document he was reading over, “yes Luna I would like to talk to you about the guards that are stationed outside your room”. Shining said looking at the Princess “Yes? What about them?”.

Luna’s mind took a curve when he had mentioned that, she had not been expecting to have to deal with this at the moment “ I decided to take a stroll last night and when I walk past your room I happened to notice that things seemed a little out of place what with the one guard sleeping on the floor and the other tangled up in a ball of his own limbs in your chambers.” Shining said waving a hoof in the air nonchalantly.

Luna had to resist the urge to laugh as she thought of the way their twister game had ended last night but was able to keep her composition, she struggled for a moment trying to think of what to do and after a few minutes it dawned on her. “And so what if it was like that, I am a princess and with very little to do I need to find some way to entertain myself. Besides it’s none of you business of who I do and don’t like”. Shining sent the princess of smug smile “oh so you like Starry now” he said remembering his name when he check who was guarding there earlier.

That got blush from Luna realizing what she just said “well… it’s um… not like that” Luna said trying to hide her now reddish cheeks. Shining smiled and held up a hoof “now I’m glad that you’re not as bored at night and I’m even happier to hear that you have also found someone that you like” he said earning a larger blush from Princess. “However there is a reason those guards are there and even if they are almost never actually called into duty it’s still important that we have them in case they are. So might I suggest that Starry be transferred to your personal guard?” he asked. Luna stopped for a moment personal guard what does he mean by that? This was not what I had been expecting so Luna gave him a questioning glance.

“A personal guard is much like a personal assistant they stay by your side most of the time and guards you in case any harm comes your way. However the use for personal guards has diminished so in times when you not in mortal danger. I thought you could use him for other things perhaps” he finishes with a smile on his face. Luna thought about this for a moment but like before she could not turn down this opportunite. “Yes I think this is an excellent Idea, you can transfer him at the first chance” she said and began to walk out of the room.

“oh and one more thing Luna” The Princess turned around to see Shining with a large smile on his face “have fun with you special somepony” Luna gave him a large blush and quickly blurted out “ oh no I assure you it’s nothing like that”. This only caused him to give her a sly glance “oh please, my wife is princess cadence. Do I need to remind you what her cutie mark is? I have gotten very good at spotting two ponies in love and you and Starry certain have something between you” He finished.

With that he looked back down to do the rest of his work. Leaving Luna to contemplate what he had just said “was there really something between us” she silently. Asked herself In fact the more that she thought about it the more that it made sense, the way they laughed together, the way she sometimes gave him a gentile nuzzle, the look he would sometime flash her and the strange feeling she sometimes got when they were together. Yes there was certainly something between them and now that she noticed that she had feelings for him she wasn’t just going to let them float around on the surface.

She smiled things were going to get interesting.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Starry was mulling over his new job in his sleep, he had received his orders about 3 hours ago from a messenger. It seemed that he was now Luna’s personal guard, all of the details and instructions. He was to report to her chambers at around the time that he would normally be and he was to accompany her anywhere she went, with a few exceptions or unless told otherwise.

So it seemed that the Princess wanted them to continue their activities without him leaving a post unguarded because this allowed them to go anywhere she could possibly want without question of bringing him along. This would also be his last night in that room as well because he would be moving to a room that was much closer and one of the few that are actually on the same floor. He mulled this as he soundlessly slept not hearing the door open and close; instead he continued to sleep but was soon woken up by one of the many maids in the palace.

“Excuse me sir, but it’s time to switch rooms” the maid said, Starry nodded got out of bed and pick up a small bag that contained his few belongings and walked out of the room to which the maid began to erase his presence there with her cleaning. He slowly walked up the many stairs that separated him from his new room, his hoofs made a clop with each step on the floor and he snuck a glance out the window. Oh great it’s just late enough in the day that I won’t be able to get any more sleep but long enough to make the coming night a very long one.

Finishing walking up the stairs Starry approached his new quarters wondering what to expect when he pushed open the door. The room was much more luxurious than his last, It contained a large bad with about six pillows on it the dresser was ornately carved which depicted flowers blooming along the sides. It also had a small round table which was able to seat 4 and had a center peace which depicted ponies dancing in a forest.

The bathroom was a on a whole different level when it came to class, there was a large tub which boarded on pool size and had gold trim, the shower which was rare in any place had a large shower head with side jets for a surrounding clean. Finally there was a sink with a large and expansive mirror and the sink also had a golden trim to it.

Starry set his bag down and quickly sorted his things before walking to the large window that over looked Canterlot sighing from the position of the sun he knew it was pointless to try to sleep because if he over slept he would almost certainly be late. So He sat in a chair and tried to think of something to entertain himself for the next four hours.

Luna sat on her bed reading a book she had just gotten out from the library indulging herself in it briefly glancing at the door waiting eagerly for Starry’s arrival. Eventually the small clock hit its mark and as if they were synchronized a knock sounded out. “Come in” she said eagerly and then Starry walked in with a freshly washed coat and man shining.

He walked over to her bed and stood at the foot “So Princess Luna what do you have planned for tonight?” he asked to which she answered “there is no need for you to call me princess, Luna is just fine. As for what is planned well…. That would spoil the fun” getting up from her bed she walked over to her open balcony and beckoned him. Once he got to her before he could do anything she picked him up flung him over her back and spread her wings “wait what are you… No. AAHHHHHHHH” he yelled as she dove off of the balcony leaving him clinging to her for dear life.

At the last moment Luna swooped upwards and began to hover above the garden before settling on a small picnic blanket and levitating Starry off her back and onto the ground. “Well that was um… interesting now let’s not do that again please” he said before looking around him and realizing the set up.

“um… Luna what’s all this for?” he asked “well that’s a silly question. It’s for us. I thought that all of the work your doing you haven’t had enough time to enjoy the night sky, and it’s also been a little bit since I had a good night of star gazing. So I had the servants set out some snacks as well as a meal.” She finished.

Starry looked around him, at one side of the blanket there were two plates set out with some lettuce, carrots, and fruit on them sitting next to each other. Scattered behind the two plate were an assortment of other snacks like cookies, chocolates, as well as gummies. To drink there was a small bowl of punch with two glasses set together; there was also a bottle of wine set aside with two wine glasses. Other than that the setup was made so that two ponies would sit side by side with goodies surrounding them, the wine was place strategically in front of them just a little behind where the two plates were, As well it seemed that aromatic scents had been hidden somewhere as light dreamy smell wafted up Starry’s nose.

He sat down taking in everything before Luna reached over put a hoof under his chin and raising it to bring his gaze to the night sky as he took in the brilliance. It seemed like Luna had taken extra care in arranging the night sky tonight as it wasn’t just constellations it also had nebulas creating infinite beauty as they coloured the night sky. He gazed at the shifting image while stopping every now and then to take something to eat.

Luna smiled as she watched him, everything was going exactly as planned all the preparation that she had done was now worth it. Everything was going according to plan. Luna took a little while to enjoy her labor as well, she really had done a good job tonight in taking the time to put out the nebulas, but she lowered her gaze to the stallion beside her. She handed him a glass of wine which he accepted and sipped at while Luna drank hers.

Then her opportunity shined in front of her; without taking his eyes of the sky, Starry reached out for the cookie plate. Luna silently pushed the plate aside and place her hoof there pretending that it had been there the entire time causing Starry to place his hoof on top of Luna’s. Starry looked down at his hoof as it rested on top of Luna’s, he wanted to move it off but something was stopping him it was as if his leg had now become 5 tons.

cuddle before looking up once again at the night sky. After a while of gazing she looked back at starry only to see that he had fallen asleep, his head lay down on the blanket with the most innocent look that you could possibly imagine made Luna giggle.

She reach over and very carefully placed him on her back and flew him back to his room. . She was about to walk out before she heard him say something “Luna” he said she stopped in her tracks and looked back expecting to see him looking at her but instead she saw him still sleeping in the same position before. He said her name once more in a tone of longing. She walked over to the side of his bed looking down on him with his head poking out of the blankets wrapped tightly around him and she gave him a warm motherly kiss on the fore head before heading back to her room.

~~~~~~~~~

About 30 minutes before.

Princess Celestia walked up the stairs to Luna’s room to see how her little sister was doing, it had been a while since the two had had a real good talk with each other. Also she hadn’t seen Luna so concentrated before when they met to raise the moon and lower the sun when she had brought out the night sky. She had done a wonderful job.

Celestia walked up to the door the guards keeping a disciplined look forward and she knocked on the door. When she heard no answer she knocked again. Still no answer. That’s weird she thought she pushed the door open to reveal an empty room. She looked around curiously wondering where her little sister was, when she spotted a book on her bed. Levitating it over to her she looked at the cover “romantic dinners for new relationships, for her.”

Now what would she have this for.