• Published 27th Apr 2024
  • 290 Views, 20 Comments

Equestrian Ranger - TheGunslinger12



A Texas Ranger and his partner find themselves in Equestria after a bounty went south. Escaping their pursuers and arriving in Appleoosa, how'll Equestrian life change them and the ponies around them?

  • ...
1
 20
 290
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 6 )

Mandatory big iron comment, something about Texas Red and one fatal slip.

Why is it always "big unknown creature, must lock up" with the ponies? My pet peeve rears its ugly head again! :fluttershbad:

11905930
In fairness, they came in riding horses. Being a nation of equines, I don't think they'd ever take seeing horses well.

11905948
I was moreso referring to the Rangers themselves! But my gripe is with the trope in general! Be it in books, or action movies, or whatnot. It's always when an unknown creature or beast, or anything else considered abnormal shows up, and the public defence force or military immediately tries to subdue and capture/kill it, without trying to comprehend or understand it! I think it makes for bad writing and creates unnecessary conflict!

11906190
In a lot of cases I will agree with you, but I'm fine letting it slide this time. A lot of violence and uncertainty is in the air- of course they're going to keep being afraid. A lotta ponies died, good and bad. They'll be out of jail next chapter if we keep seeing things from the Rangers' perspective.

I have to read more!

Login or register to comment