• Published 14th Apr 2024
  • 104 Views, 5 Comments

Buenas Pilipinas - CortezDude



The life of twins living in the Philippines are about to meet new friends from another world.

  • ...
 5
 104

Pasko

7:53 PM
December 25

Everybody around the world knows about this one date, and it only means one thing: Christmas, and in this archipelago, they celebrate it the Filipino way. The Santos twins like to do it differently and ever since they woke up on that morning, they were bombarded by tons of greetings in the Messenger app via their phones. However, they didn't go to today's evening mass and you may ask, why? Well it's because they've already went to mass on Christmas Eve, so there was no need to go to church anymore. While most Filipinos do what they call, "Simbang Gabi" or Night Mass in English, the twins prefer not to due to the fact that the lines are massive and it's quite hectic if to say so themselves.

Luke and Maggie we're busy setting up the table and using the money they earned during summer with their eatery, they have managed to order some food in their nearest fast food restaurants whilst their family will bring their homemade food like Lechon Kawali, Pancit Canton, Crispy Pata, anything Filipino and they'll do it considering the fact that their parents' cooking still beats going outside to eat and like what Dorothy Gale said in the 1939 film The Wizard of Oz: "There's no place like home!".

After preparing the table, the guests had arrived and the first ones to greet them were their parents and their younger triplet siblings as they traded hugs, manos, and kisses to each other whilst they placed their home-cooked meals on the table, next came their relatives which consisted their aunts, uncles, cousins,& grandparents from both sides of their family which they too traded kisses, manos, and hugs along with one occasion having their cheeks pinched by their grandparents from both sides of their parents, making a bit embarrassing to say the least, then came some of their friends at their old school and college in which they greeted in hand shakes, hugs, fist bumps, shoulder pats, and the like.

It seemed like everyone was ready to tuck in until the doorbell rang, so the twins decided to answer it and who couldn't have thought when they opened the door, they were in for a real treat this Christmas; It was none other than their four pony friends and they brought along their own friends from different Equestrian races with them to celebrate this holiday.

"Ay!!", exclaimed Maggie in excitement, "Oh my God, it's good to see you guys again!"

"It's good to see you twins once more before we leave next year", Melodic said with a chuckle.

"Wait! You guys are leaving for tomorrow?", Luke asked in a surprised tone.

Clockstruck nodded, "Some of us are heading back to Equestria while some of our friends remain in here to continue earning money for themselves and to others as well. So we might as well join you guys for this years Christmas and Hearth's Warming Eve and can you believe it? Double this festive season with us and yourselves! May we come in?", he asked afterwards.

"Come on in, then!", they exclaimed in unison.

The Equestrian group entered and the twins introduced them to their family, relatives, and old school and college friends. Of course, they were all shocked to see that Luke and Maggie made friends with these Equestrians and that some were seeing them in the flesh and blood. The twins noticed that when they greeted, they were using "Po", "Opo", and "Mano Po" along with the traditional hand blessing and they knew one thing; the group had learned more from their culture and got used to talking with them in Tagalog via the phrasebook upon observation after their greetings to them.

"Okay, everyone! It's time to eat, so wash up before we start.", Maggie told them in an instant and suddenly, everyone was doing that and when it was done, they headed towards the table and said their blessings and afterwards, the feast began with everyone grabbing food along with the Equestrians getting food appropriate for their diet, the herbivores got Filipino-based vegetable meals, the carnivores decided to get some food that contained a ton of meat, and the omnivores went all mixed food, with the sounds of the joyous chewing and laughter mixed in the air of the Santos Twins' house.

Once everything was cleaned up after eating, they decided to have a bit of chat, a few games, and even letting the four tourist ponies let the younger ones pet them so that they can show the little ones that they are harmless. Suddenly, someone announced that it was time for presents and that caused everyone in the house to be excited for it. Some of the gifts were toys, books, clothes, and sometimes cheap or expensive jewelry as well as others. When it was the tourist ponies' turn, they turned towards the twins and handed out two rectangle-shaped presents to them.

"Here you go, you two. Our presents to you twins who we first met last summer!", Citrus told them.

"What is it?", Luke asked them with curiosity.

"Guess we'll have to open it and see it for ourselves, bro.", Maggie told him.

Without asking anymore questions, the twins decided to open the wrapper and what they saw surprised them in an instant. The presents turned out to be photo albums and when they opened it, they could see the photos of their pony friends along with their Equestrian friends and what also amazed them is that there were also photos of themselves with them too. These ponies worked hard in creating these special presents for them they almost can't speak due to it.

"So....do you like it, you two?", Bright curiously asked them.

"Like it?", they asked in unison before they gave them their answer, "No, we love it!"

The ponies cheered in delight on the gift that Luke and Maggie received from them as they tackled the twins in order to give them a massive hug and in return, they gave them back the hug to the group. Everyone who was watching can't help but be touched by their hearts on what the twins received from their equine friends and it was something that they'll never forget.

When it was already getting late, everyone headed back to their destinations but not before the ponies and their other Equestrian creature friends decided to give one last hug to Luke and Maggie as well as promising them that they will see each other again someday, and the twins returned the favor that they would also love to see them too and visit Equestria some other time. After leaving, the two humans decided to look at their gifts before calling the holiday off.

The twins never thought that they will be friends from otherworldly lands and it was a memory they will never forget, and even though they may not be able to see them sometime again, the memories with these Equestrians will live on forever, and their country, The Philippines is a country they will cherish no matter what. "Mabuhay Pilipino at Mabuhay Pilipinas!"

Author's Note:

So there you have it, if you like this story, then please leave a like and if you don't like it, then don't like it then and don't even think about putting hate on this story I made! :ajbemused: :flutterrage: :twilightangry2:

Other than that, thanks for reading! :raritywink:

Story Notes HERE

Comments ( 4 )

He-hey, you finally got your story up and posted, congrats.

11878079
Thanks a lot, pal!

11878083
Be sure to also like it, too!

Login or register to comment