• Published 14th Apr 2024
  • 104 Views, 5 Comments

Buenas Pilipinas - CortezDude



The life of twins living in the Philippines are about to meet new friends from another world.

  • ...
 5
 104

Bakasyon

Author's Note:

This POV will be Luke's

8:00 AM
Subic, Philippines

The morning rays hit my eyes as I groan in tiredness. Usually, I'm a morning person but today, well....let's just say I'm not much of a morning person. Oh shit! Where are my manners? I forgot to tell you my name.

My name is Luke Santos. I'm 24 years old just like my twin sister, Maggie.

Our parents on whom they're names are John and Minerva had just moved into a new home and decided to let us twins have our family's home instead. So we were a bit happy on that but also a bit upset that they decided to buy their dream house near Subic Bay and that they also had to take our younger triplet siblings: 2 boys and 1 girl on whom their names are Millie, Kenny,& Andres. Though we were upset by the change, we were already adults and now it was up to us to take care of this house like they've taken care of it when we were young.

We may be different but sometimes, we like the same things such as cooking, reading, organizing, and others as well. I work as a marine biologist at Ocean Adventure whilst Maggie works as a zookeeper at Zoobic Safari.

However, it was our break and we decided that we still want to work, so we set up a small eatery that serves only merienda, which was perfect due to summer heat of April and with Holy Week over, we decide to let customers cool down with our country's traditional desserts like Halo-Halo, Mais Con Yelo, Samalamig, Ice Candies,& Sorbetes (we actually made our own Sorbetes cart which is bigger than most of it when it can hold 10 flavors).

But we weren't ready for what's about to come this day.

Maggie was working on the counter whilst I was preparing the food that the customers were about to eat when we heard some loud voices. "Guys!" said a female voice which is almost like a mall girl. "Let's try and eat here."

"Traditional Filipino desserts?" another voice came but this one was a male's voice that sounded like a bit chill and laid-back. "Yeah we can try that."

"We've been into so many restaurants lately that we never bothered trying the small ones." A third voice said and this one was another female but a different tone than the first female voice.

"There's no bother in trying the small ones". A fourth and final voice came and it was another male but the tone was mysterious. "So all in favor of trying this one?". The 4th one asked.

"YES!!" They all replied in unison.

The voices died out and what we saw was nothing out of the ordinary. Four ponies! As in four ponies which consist of a unicorn stallion, a Pegasus mare, an Earth Pony mare, and a bat pony stallion. All which they entered our store and headed towards the counter.

"Holy shit!" Maggie silently cursed. "Now that's something you don't see everyday".

"This just got interesting". I thought in my mind.

About those ponies if I may say so myself

It was not long ago that we heard in the news at the UN in America that the a purple alicorn named Twilight Sparkle on whom she called herself the Princess of Friendship was also the current ruler of Equestria ever since her successors, Princesses Celestia and Luna stepped down as rulers and she was their successor in line. She made a grand speech about wanting to spread the Magic of Friendship not just in her world but to our world as well. Leaders from around Earth listened to this and agreed to the motion that they will open portals for them whether it's for finding jobs, schooling, or just vacation stuff like that.

Since then, so many changes were seen in the world. Ponies and other creatures from Equestria have been visiting every country and ever since then, so many pictures were seen online. I've honestly seen a few of them such as a pony family that consisted of unicorns and Pegasi in South Africa having a wilderness tour in both land and sea. Another picture, I've seen were ten creatures in the forms of a griffon, a hippogriff, a yak, a zebra, a changeling, a kirin, a Diamond Dog, an Abyssinian, an Ornithian, and a dragon taking a picture in Disneyland at California, USA. But to be honest, we've only seen glimpses of them in person but to go face-to-face in front of them was well....a bit complicated.

Upon reaching in the counter, the bat pony stallion took out a Filipino phrasebook and looked at us whilst looking back at the book at the same time. "M-Magandang uh...uma-umaga p-po, ginoong at binibining-"

Maggie raised her hand to stop him. "Okay lang po". She said "It's fine with us that you don't speak Tagalog that much, we mostly speak English in here."

"Wait!". said the Earth Pony mare. "So you speak Ponish? Sorry! I mean English?"

"Yeah". I said due to the fact both Ponish and English are like the same which of course stumped both great minds of Human Science and Equestrian Mages alike. "It's much better to speak English than Tagalog especially when our mother tongue is basically English". I told them until I realized something. "Oh pardon me! Where are our manners? My name is Luke Santos".

"Maggie Santos". She said her name whilst we shook their hooves as a greeting gesture.

After shaking hooves and hands, it was their turn in greeting. "So now we know your names, it's time you meet ours!" said the bat pony stallion as his friends bunch together. I knew they were going to do this knowing about their nature. "I'm Bright Crescent!" I take a good look at him: He had a light brown coat with a mane and tail of the colors, orange and dark blue along with cerulean eyes and a cutie mark of a crescent moon.

"My name is Citrus Delight". Said the Earth Pony mare who had a light strawberry pink coat with a mane and tail of the colors, blue and pink along with light pink eyes and a cutie mark of two orange slices with a rainbow on the center. It reminded us of some fruits that can be used for a good fruit shake

"The name's Melodic Nimbus and it's a pleasure to meet you both!" the Pegasus mare said. She had a dark magenta coat with a mane and tail of the colors, light green and cyan along with yellow-green eyes and a cutie mark of a lyre.

Which left us with the last pony. "And I'm Clockstruck Hour". Said the unicorn stallion with a light tan coat with a mane and tail of the colors, red and black along with orange eyes and a cutie mark of an hourglass.

So when introductions were finished, they decided that they want a picture of us so we decided to do that and afterwards, Maggie decided to break the silence. "So what are your orders then?". She asked them.

"Oh yeah! We forgot about that!" exclaimed Bright Crescent to his shock. "Alright then, we've made up our minds and I will say the orders. We'll have two regular size halo-halo's, two regular size mais con yelo's, and two large samalamig of the flavors, strawberry and mango."

"Alright, that'll be two hundred twenty pesos." Maggie told them. Citrus Delight handed them the amount which is three hundred pesos and in return, she handed them eighty pesos back. "Keep the change". She said in delight.

They went to their vacant table as I started out preparing their orders with quick precision with the samalamig drinks already finished quickly, I easily made it quick yet careful with the halo halo's and the mais con yelo's. The choice of evaporated milk and condensed milk we choose is Alaska Evaporada and Alaska Condensada because it's like their jingle: "Wala pa rin tatalo sa Alaska!". When it was finished, I went over them and handed out their orders to them. "Here you go!" I told them

"Salamat po." said Citrus Delight. While some new customers were waiting patiently outside waiting for their next sitting. We watched the four ponies eat and it was somehow romantic after they finished two of the most popular Filipino desserts in the Philippines, we watched them both having fun with their samalamig, the unicorn and the Pegasus in the strawberry drinking together like it was romantic for them while the Earth Pony and the bat pony eating the jelly mango just like the scene in Lady and the Tramp where Lady was eating the spaghetti noodle with Tramp whilst the chefs sang for them. After eating, they left considering the fact that they were somehow the last customers here in the first place. We decided to clean up the mess afterwards knowing that it was 5:30 pm and it was time for us to close.

"Something tells me we may see them again". I thought silently.

But little did we know that it wasn't the last time.....