• Published 14th Apr 2024
  • 104 Views, 5 Comments

Buenas Pilipinas - CortezDude



The life of twins living in the Philippines are about to meet new friends from another world.

  • ...
 5
 104

Mall Hangout

Author's Note:

This POV will be Maggie's

The Next Day
7:50 AM

Like any other day, it was just another day to start the morning up bright and early. After using the bathroom, I headed downstairs and it turns out my twin brother, Luke beat me there first. We had a chat whilst eating our breakfast and he told me that we need to do a bit of groceries for our little merienda eatery since some of the ingredients are starting to run out. I wrote down a list on what we need to buy and afterwards, we headed towards the car with Luke on the wheel as we headed towards the mall.

Every Filipino and other foreigner visiting our country knows that no trip is complete without a bit of shopping in some of the best malls in our country especially when one of them is the biggest one in the Philippines called SM Mall of Asia in Pasay. But here in Subic, we have some good malls too. Not that massive but still big to have many stores to go and browse or do shopping and it's just like they say: "You shop till you drop".

After parking the car in Harbor Point mall, we decided to withdraw our money and head towards our first destination which is the most important thing of all: buying the ingredients we need. We got ourselves a cart and bought everything on the list I wrote before we left and after heading back to the car to put our groceries in the back, we decided to hang out and do ourselves a little hangout at the mall. We decided to check on a bookstore when all of a sudden, we heard some voices that sounded all too familiar. And what familiar if you may ask? Well....

It was those same ponies from yesterday.

"Kumusta na po kayo!" said the Earth Pony mare if i recall her name was Citrus Delight with a cheerful singing voice.

"Hey, let's go there!" the bat pony stallion named Bright Crescent (Yes! I remembered his name) pointed at the bookstore where me and Luke were.

And with that, the four ponies entered the bookstore and whilst doing that, I nudged Luke in the shoulder and he looked at me as I pointed with my lip on what I was pointing and to his surprise were the ponies we saw from yesterday. Those Equestrians kept looking at some of the books that are some covered in plastic while others weren't and when they saw us, their eyes grew wide and their ears perked along with their bright, shiny smiles grew big too as they headed towards where we were in order for them to say hello to us again.

"Hi there!" Citrus Delight chirped up in excitement. "We didn't think we'd see two familiar faces again!"

Luke chuckled, "And we didn't expect to see you guys again. So what bring you guys here?" he asked them.

"Well, we wanted to hang out at the mall since we've visited some of the places in our first destination: Manila." said Melodic Nimbus" We've already visited some of the well know landmarks in the country's capital and yesterday, we visited some of the best destinations here in Subic, Zambales before we met you guys in your eatery!"

"You did?!", we exclaimed in unison on what we heard from them.

"Yes siree!" Clockstruck Hour told us in delight. "And we have some proof to show you twins." he handed us a phone fit for Equestrians like themselves as we looked at them. "There were so much beautiful places that we went whilst we were there like historical buildings, museums, libraries.....

He continues rambling about it while me and Luke were looking at the photos And holy shit, we did not expect them to have good shots at our country. The first batch of photos was when they were in Manila and there they were at places like Intramuros, Luneta Park, Manila Zoo, Manila Ocean Park, National Museum, Manila Bay, and more. The next batch of photos is when they were in Subic yesterday as he told us that they were staying in a hotel during their visit in our country and what we saw is that they were in Ocean Adventure, Zoobic Safari, President Ramon Magsaysay's House, Adventure Beach, and finally Subic Bay

"Wow!" said Luke in a surprised voice. "That's a ton of landmarks you fellas visited."

"Thank you." Citrus Delight told us as Luke handed the phone back to Clockstruck and that's when she told us something. "Oh, we'd better get going then, see ya!"

They headed towards the door and when they did that, it attracted the attention of a family that consisted the parents as always and their two children with the oldest being their son and the youngest being their daughter and that said daughter of theirs saw those ponies, she exclaimed in delight, "Mommy! Daddy! Kuya! Tignan ninyo, o. Mga kabayo!"

Me and Luke watched some videos of unfortunate Equestrian tourist being helplessly chased by young kids especially little girls due to the fact they are cute and cuddly as well as them looking like they got out of a fairytale dream. So now, we watched as the parents nervously wanted to just leave whilst the ponies allowed the siblings to cuddle them and somehow, it attracted attention to some mallgoers too. I looked at my watch and the time read 12:10 PM and we realized that we were hungry so we left the bookstore not before Luke bought a book and when we left the bookstore, we decided to eat at an 8cuts where I ordered a Chick 'Wich with Onion Rings and a Strawberry Fields Milkshake while my twin brother ordered a Cheeseburger with Salt and Pepper Wings, Fat Fries, and a Royal Tru Orange Soda. When we were done eating and paying the bill, we left the mall and headed straight to our home and brought the groceries inside in order to begin our restocking again.

It took more than a lot of minutes but in the end, we were done and soon enough, it was time to open our eatery and when that happened, many customers entered and guess who were the first ones to order?

If you may have guessed about those ponies we met, then your answer is correct, Reader! Those same ponies were the first ones to order and this time, they were going to do take-out in which the ponies wanted to try our sorbetes ice cream and they gave us their orders: Clockstruck wanted a chocolate one, Melodic wanted to try an ube flavored one in a pandesal, Citrus wanted a queso ice cream, and last but not the least, Bright wanted a mango one in a cup. I told them it's a total of eighty-eight pesos. They gave us a one-hundred peso bill and I gave the total amount of their change which is twelve pesos in coins and Luke got to work straight away with quick precision in which he gave them their orders at once. They left the eatery ready to hail a taxi that will take them back to their hotel.

When it was already closing time and whilst we were cleaning the place up, I couldn't help but think about the new changes in our world. It makes you wonder what is reality and what is fantasy considering the fact that we have creatures from a magical land like ours only different and yet here they are in the flesh and blood of everybody's eyes and some are close friends while others....well....not so much.

But I have to remember that this real and there's nothing that can change forever.

Can you say that I'm crazy for this new change? The answer is a big "Yes!"

And I don't want it to change forever and ever.