• Published 23rd Mar 2024
  • 191 Views, 2 Comments

After School Pickup - Horizon Sky



School has just ended for Flurry Heart and she is ready for her father to pick her up.

  • ...
0
 2
 191

After School Pickup

Where is he, Flurry Heart thought to herself while waiting outside of Crystal Prep High school. It was a warm spring day in the Chrystal Empire and standing outside of Chrystal Prep did not bother Flurry in the slightest, although she was alone. Her friends have already said their goodbyes and gotten onto their busses to leave. The few students that stayed afterwards to get picked up by their parents have already left. Except her, she was still waiting. Waiting for her father to pick her up after school.

Is he in traffic, Flurry thought. In the past her father was always early to pick her up from school on time. He would do his best to be the first parent waiting before school ended, even leaving work early to pick her up. He always made sure to miss all the traffic that would oppose him while driving. He even knew which roads to take and when depending on the time of day. Something he most likely learned while being the ‘Captain of the Royal Guard’. But would traffic stop him this late.

Maybe work is running him late today, Flurry thought while she stared at the school's Buckball yard court. Her father has been working later hours than usual to prepare for the upcoming 'Equestria Games'. Apparently this year is the tenth anniversary for Uncle’s Spikes heroic deed in melting a giant ice cloud she was told. All the Crystal Ponies would want to celebrate this occasion because it is not the first time Uncle Spike saved the Empire apparently. So maybe some type of special celebration or ceremony would be held for this, and planning for those kinds of things do take time. But is shouldn’t take her father’s time that much, that’s what planners are for.

Could he be in a emergency meeting, Flurry thought when the noon firehouse alarm went off. There have been rumors in the high school halls that King Sombra has returned agian to Equestria and is wanting to take over the Crystal Empire once more. This being his fourth time coming back and third attempt to take over the Crystal Empire. But when Flurry asked her father in the past about these rumors he would just laugh and tell her that "If he did come back then he better return from where he came. Equestria is no longer the same." whatever that means.

Perhaps Aunt Twilight made a visit, Flurry thought while staring at a cloud that resembled a book. Aunt Twilight has shown up to the Crystal Empire unannounced a few times just to escape the hardship that is being the 'Princess of Friendship'. But most of her visits are just lounging in the Crystal Empire castle for a week, only to read for the whole time. When Flurry asked her one time why she makes these trips, Aunt Twilight would say that "Every now and then I just need a break from my royal duties and relax, you know" and then procced to ask Flurry to get her a family meal of hayburgers as a 'Mid-day snack'.

Is this punishment, Flurry wondered while watching a raven land on the school's roof. Just last week her mother found her wearing gothic make-up in her room with a matching attire. Shocked at her daughters strange faze in life, Cadence gave Flurry a long sit down on proper cosmetical appearance for a princess and told her to never wear that strange style ever again. Flurry begged her mother to not tell her father of her 'dark side' so the punishment would not increase on her part. But that secret costed her to throw out all the gothic products she owned. That is the ones that her mother saw her using. There is some still safe from her mother’s knowledge that Flurry hid well in her room. But was it hidden well enough from her father and what if he found it this time instead. Would this be a punishment for it.

What if he got in an accident, Flurry eyes widen as a loud crash sounded nearby from a dumpster being closed. Her father is not known to be a slacker in the family for driving. From his guard training he has developed a driving sense that steers him clear from any accidents that could happen. In fact he jokes about having a sixth-sense for car crashing, being able to read them minutes before they happens. Something that has been proved in the past, and a joke that never amused Flurry.

What if, - the thought started in Flurry's mind - What if Dad did get into an accident while coming to pick me up from school. In fact since he is so busy prepping for the ‘Equestria Games’ that he asked Aunt Twilight for some help. She came over to help today but she actual had urgent news for Dad telling him that King Sombra did return and is marching to the Crystal Empire right now with an army. And during their meeting they went to my room to see if King Sombra snuck into the castle but they actual found the rest of my gothic make-up kit that Mom didn’t know of and started to drive to the Crystal Prep to ground me. And during the drive while Dad was busy not getting into a crash with cars King Sombra popped out of nowhere to attack the car he was driving causing him to get into a crash! And the Crystal Empire is under attack right now and where all going to die!. And…and…and.

Flurry's mind stopped racing with this crazed thought once a notable fact popped in her mind. The noon firehouse alarm went off. Meaning it is only mid-day. Aunt Twilight always arrives in the Crystal Empire in the evening due to the train taking so long. The guard would be at full force now to stop King Sombra if he were to attack. Traffic would not be bad because everypony would still be work. Her father would still be at work!

Then it clicked in Flurry’s mind.

"Did he forget I had a half day today?" Flurry mumbled to herself.

Comments ( 2 )

A cute little story. Love the twist at the end. :twistnerd:

Also, first!

Sorry for the double post. Stupid phone.

Comment posted by Okie Brony deleted March 31st
Login or register to comment