• Published 17th Mar 2024
  • 194 Views, 0 Comments

The Twilight Objective - Deer Poni



Twilight Sparkle is engaging in an experiment. What comes next is the event of this story. A mission is sent to Mars, in order to establish a Settlement suitable to house enough people for a self-sustaining population..

  • ...
 0
 194

A Grand Opening: 4

.

“No!” I respond; as I am initiating the tube with the touch of the index-finger, of my right hand.

“How dangerous could she possibly be?” I put forth.

“You never know!” my Companion points out; “We don't even know in which state she was, as she was placed in here!” she continues.

“She looks so peaceful..” I suggest; “you did take a picture?” I continue.

Not that she had a camera, but she does not need one.

“Consider the event recorded!” she announces.

Not that she would not have recorded everything, already; every last detail, she would ever see, hear or feel.

She had already sent the records to the shuttle. At least, the shuttle has the records; no matter what becomes of me, or if I may ever leave the facility within which I now stand.

“I could stand here, right here; just watching her like this, all day!” I proclaim.

“Yes, you could!” she responds, with a giggle; “She is so peaceful...” she continues.

At first, nothing had happened.

The internal light, illuminating the peaceful form of the Pony named Twilight.

This scene could not last, can not last forever; we had broken the seal, initiating her revival. The retrieval of the person, held tightly within the stasis field of the Cryo-tube.

There is a noise. A sound. It's a beeping, identical to that of a Heart Rhythem monitor one may encounter at the Hospital. How ominous! Yet, nothing happens, everything is still.

The noise grows louder, faster. There is another noise, as if a breather or breathing aid had been aiding in her revival.

While she had been still, she had been far too still even for a lifeless form.

With the rhythm implied, one could see her chest rising and falling; just as one could sense the beating of her heart, even if it is not recognized as a Human heart. Yet, a heart is a heart.

While the sound of the monitor continues to monitor her health; the sound of her breathing slowly change from that of an aide, to that of a person actively taking her breaths. For a moment, maybe as long as a minute; there is a hint of wheezing, laboured breathing.

The moment passes, then everything returns to the still state; though she is clearly alive, almost as if she had just been asleep.

For how long had she been sleeping? Who knows.

A perceived chill pulses out from the core of the cryogenic tube, the pulse only noticeable for a brief moment; then it is gone, and the room starts to feel warm.

Once the pulse had passed, its effect had ebbed out; her form starts to take on more saturation, her colours going brighter and deeper.

“When I stand here, observing her; it almost feels, as if I had been watching my daughter!” I now mouth.

“At least, this is not the morgue..” she responds; “there is still a chance, she may wake up to greet us!” she then concludes.

No, this is indeed not the Morgue..” I conceed; “feels more as if she had been in an incubator!” I suggest.

“In that case; where is your husband, I can't see him in the room!” she concludes, almost as if in gest.

“At least; my Daughter seems to be well, even if she doesn't resemble me very much!” I put forth.

“Since we already agreed on her name, we don't need to consider what to call her..” she opines.

“Twilight...” I breathe, as I continue to watch her waking up.

Her breathing and heart rate has stabilized; all her vital signs are within expected parameters, no cause for concerns.

Her eyes flicker, as if she is recognizing my voice; or possibly, her own name.

Well, why shouldn't she recognize her own name? What could possibly have lead to her being placed here, not remembering her own name?

Just as this is not the Morgue, it is not the Trauma Ward either.

Actually; this is not part of any Hospital, of any kind.

Maybe, just maybe; this is the Cryogenic chamber, like in the films.

Our little Twilight Sparkle is about to wake up. She had just returned to the land of the living; entering the time and space, where I could greet her together with my companion.

< --- --- --- >

< --- --- --- >

< --- --- --- >

< --- --- --- >

< --- --- --- >

< --- --- --- >

< --- --- --- >

Author's Note:

A New Day

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment