• Published 17th Mar 2024
  • 195 Views, 0 Comments

The Twilight Objective - Deer Poni



Twilight Sparkle is engaging in an experiment. What comes next is the event of this story. A mission is sent to Mars, in order to establish a Settlement suitable to house enough people for a self-sustaining population..

  • ...
 0
 195

Prologue: 1

.

Twilight was hopping in place, excited.

The discovery would be a groundbreaking breakthrough of rarely seen scale.

The magic involved, a means to stop time itself, even if just on a very limited space. There had to be a shell, confining the effect or it would collapse in on itself.

This far was actually working as intended.

Only, there is an unforeseen side-effect she could not have imagined. You simply have to take the plunge, before you can see where it will lead.

Maybe she should not try it out, on her own; but she had none other to chance it on, so she had to do it on herself.

While she could have chosen a larger container, she had felt it better to limit it, as much as possible. Just enough space for one Pony should be the ideal size. Or, so she had theorized.

Naturally, she had hidden the entire project in the basement; she did not want to be disturbed or distracted by anything.

She had gone to great length to hide the project. She had set up a small room with a bed, and an adjacent dining room and kitchen. She had then instructed Spike to cook for her, leaving the meal in the improvised dining room.

Furthermore, she had instructed her owl; Owlowiscious to take any messages to her; forwarding them, in the form of letters she could respond to, in her own time.


.

Much reading had been done, and she had indeed enjoyed it Royally.

Many tests had been performed, and she had thrown herself at the project with enthusiasm like never before.

There had been progress, break throws aplenty; before the project could be concluded, and the contraption finally constructed.


.

The contraption looks like a cryotube, even if the significance had escaped her at the time.

However, the interior had proven to be surprisingly comfortable. Well, why not? Why bother making it uncomfortable, when it would as well be comfortable.


.

Once the initial excitement had died down, the exhaustion had hit home.

Everything had worked. No issue on the horizon. Well, why should there be?

Rather than going to bed, she had stepped into the cramped space, as if it had been her bed.

Only once inside, she closed the lid and fell asleep; the magic sprang into motion, abruptly taking effect. With that, she had been placed in limbo.

If ever the chamber was to be opened, she would wake up the moment the seal was broken. At least; that had been the original intent.

When this would be, not even Celestia knows. Or, even Pinkie Pie or Discord.

Hopefully; Spike would find her, maybe just a few days later.

The 'when' is less important in this case; what is important now, is where.

At least; Twilight was to be seeing things, experiencing things no Pony was ever expected to...

Author's Note:

Previous Chapter: Prologue
Next Chapter: Settling In