• Published 7th Jan 2024
  • 355 Views, 11 Comments

What Can Go Wrong? - TheKing2001



After Rarity, Applejack and Rainbow go out of town for some trading business or whatever so I offered to watch their sisters.

  • ...
0
 11
 355

Morning Of Day Three

I stifled a yawn as I rolled over in bed, pulling the blankets up closer around me. It may be hot as fuck outside, but being wrapped up in warm blankets was the best feeling on earth.

“Careful Sweetie Belle,” I faintly made out Scootaloo talking and I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes, looking at the door. “You remember what happened last time you used the microwave.”

“I forgot to take the spoon out once! Once! And I never hear the end of it,” Sweetie Belle grumbled and I tensed up. “Besides, we aren’t using the microwave. We’re using a stove.”

“Lawd have mercy,” Apple Bloom said and I pictured her shaking her head. “Ah got a bad feeling about this.”

I gave a shrug and buried my face in my pillow. If she had Apple Bloom and Scootaloo there, it shouldn’t be that bad. Right?

I heard a crashing sound followed by the smoke detector going off and I shot up in bed, throwing the covers off. I yanked a shirt and a pair of sweatpants on, not even caring that they are dirty as I ran to the door.

I stood in the kitchen doorway with wide eyes, staring at a Apple Bloom shutting the stove off with Scootaloo facepalming as Sweetie Belle stood staring at the stove with a pan on the floor.

“What in Celestia’s dappled flanks just happened in here?” I asked as the three spun around.

“Oh morning Sunset! I was trying to make you breakfast and coffee in bed because you’ve been super nice to us,” Sweetie Belle grinned as Scootaloo nudged a black....thing on a plate.

“Tried is the key word here,” Scootaloo commented as Sweetie shot her a dirty look.

“What is that?” I asked curiously and poked it.

“Well, it was toast with eggs and sausages,” Sweetie admitted as she blushed and my eyed widened. There’s no way in Equestria that used to be toast, let alone eggs or sausage. “Are you gonna try it?”

I’m not gonna lie, trying that was the thing I wanted to do least but Sweetie gave me puppy dog eyes that I couldn’t refuse so I nodded.

“Ah’ll be praying for ya,” Apple Bloom said as I picked up a fork and stabbed a sausage. With a sigh, I took a bite and resisted the urge to gag.

“You don’t like it, do you?” Sweetie asked as I forced myself to swallow.

“No it’s uhm very good! Keep practicing,” i encouraged and forced a smile.

“See, I told you two she would like it!” Sweetie snapped as she turned away.

“I did,” I lied and Sweetie Belle grinned. “Why don’t you three go in the living room while I make you three breakfast too?”

“Okay!”

The three ran out of the kitchen as I slowly stared at the mess.

“Sweet Celestia,” I muttered as I threw away the “breakfast” Sweetie made and covered it with other garbage. “How can one girl cause so much chaos? She and Discord would get along freaking great.”

I gave a low groan as I went to work on cleaning the insane amount of dishes those three had managed to create.

How they did this at ten am, I’ll never know.


I crossed my legs as I laid on my chair near my pool, idly watching the three girls.

“Hey,” I lifted sunglasses slightly to look at Fluttershy and Pinkie walking up the to gate and unlocking it.

“Hey Fluttershy,” I waved lazily as I examined her floral swim clothing and I gave her a grin. “Looking hot. Yo Pinks.”

“Shush you,” Fluttershy blushed as I laughed as she sat on the chair next to me. “You remind me of Rainbow Dash with you sunglasses. You look nice yourself.”

“How’s it been going with them?” Pinkie asked curiously and gestured to the three girls.

“Pretty good. Sweetie Belle tried making me breakfast in bed,” I answered and the two grimaced. “It was an experience in itself but I appreciate the gesture. It was nice of her even if most of it was unedible.”

“Yeah she means well,” Pinkie admitted.

“Agreed one second. Scootaloo! Don’t shove Apple Blooms head under water please!” I called out and she gave me a thumbs up. “You girls should have seen my kitchen. It was like a tornado went through there. A Sweetie Belle tornado.”

“I remember when she tried baking with me once. It was well, unique,” Pinkie grimaced as she tossed her shoes in a pile near my door. “Love that kid to death, all of em but they are a handful, even for me.”

“Now that’s a shocker,” I gave her a smug grin. “You watch the Cakes kid all the time and they’re crazy! How they do half the shit they do is beyond me. I don’t even want to imagine if they have kids in Equestria. A unicorn Pumpkin Cake or pegasus Pound Cake honestly is my nightmare.”

“Mine too,” Fluttershy agreed as Pinkie jumped in the water. “Don’t you have a date tonight?”

I glanced at her over my sun glasses, setting down my alcoholic beverage as I raised an eyebrow slightly.

“Yeah with Sweet Leaves. She dropped off pizza to my house the other night and asked if we could so I was figured screw it. I’ve been single for a few years now so might as well try to change that,” I explained as I took another sip of my alcoholic lemonade. “She told you? It’s not a prank, is it?”

“No. She’s actually very excited about it, she called me at three am about it. But don’t tell her I told you other wise I may die,” Fluttershy warned me as she gave me what I like to call The Look.

“Yes ma’am. Just stop Looking at me like that please,” I begged in mock fear as she rolled her eyes and I snickered. “I plan to get tan as hell. Gotta show off after all.”

“Your body is already nice,” Fluttershy pointed out. “I don’t see why you need to get tan.”

“Paying attention to my body, now are we?” I asked with a teasing grin as Fluttershy blushed. “Whatever would Sweet Leaves think about that?”

“It’s not like that. Just uhm she talks about it a lot. It’s a bit uncomfortable but I did agree to be there for her,” Fluttershy admitted as she shifted on her chair. “I could use tan, maybe people would actually like me then.”

“Hey,” I set down my beer and glared at her. “You’re hot in your own way. Shy is cute these days. I heard something about Roseluck being interested in you, same with Bulk Biceps. Apparently Rosie has some competition.”

“O-oh dear,” Fluttershy hugged her self as I smirked. “I’ve only ever spoken to Bulk.”

I gave a nonchalant shrug in response.

“A lot of people notice you. Especially since you helped take me down,” I answered with a neutral tone. “Fluttershy taking down the big bad Sunset Shimmer with magic? You got on a lot of people’s radar with that. Hell, you all did.”

“I’m not sure if I like being on people’s radar for taking you down. Makes you sound like a dog,” Fluttershy commented with a scowl as I chuckled.

“In that case, my bark is just as scary as my bite,” I teased as she snorted. “I know that was cringy and cliché, don’t remind me or tell anyone. Especially not Sweet Leaves or Rainbow Dash.”

“No promises. Do you actually like Sweet or are you just trying to convince yourself you do?” Fluttershy asked as I paused.

I didn’t entirely know that answer. Sweet Leaves was a fairly nice girl from I heard and knew from my freshman year when I followed her for blackmail. She pretty much keeps to her self but can be pretty aggressive if someone comes after her friends, much like Baton Switch. Lyra, Vinyl, Roseluck, Rainbow and Trixie.

I’m surprised they haven’t formed a group chat yet. I’d pay to see how long they could tolerate each other in it.

“Yeah, I think I do,” I answered finally as we watched Apple Bloom climb out of the pool and dry off with a towel speckled with apple designs on to no ones surprise really.

Fluttershy gave me the largest smile I’ve ever seen on her face as she squeezed my hand.

“In that case, I hope it goes well for you both.”

I internally hoped the same.

Author's Note:

It's actually kinda a nice change of pace to write the CMC getting along with Sunset tbh.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment