• Published 7th Jan 2024
  • 355 Views, 11 Comments

What Can Go Wrong? - TheKing2001



After Rarity, Applejack and Rainbow go out of town for some trading business or whatever so I offered to watch their sisters.

  • ...
0
 11
 355

Day One

“Are you absolutely sure you got this darling?”

I groaned and resisted the urge to slam my head against the wall of my house repeatedly. Rarity, Applejack and Rainbow stood in the hallway giving me a concerned look.

I had agreed to watch after Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom and Scootaloo while their older sisters (and role model) went out of town for a week. And for some reason, the three keep asking me if I got it. And don’t even get me started on Pinkie and Fluttershy. Those two are constantly asking if I need help.

“Yes, Rarity for the nine hundredth time, I got this. I’m from a magical world of talking ponies, I’m pretty sure I can control three teens for a week,” I said flatly as they all looked at each other. “They’re just three kids, it’s not gonna be difficult or anything.”

“Have you meet mah sister?” Applejack asked and folded her arms. “Ah love Bloom and all, but she’s a handful.”

“And so can Scoots at times,” Rainbow added as she leaned against my wall. “I know I’m me and all, but if you need help, Fluttershy and Pinkie are a call away.”

“I’ve literally helped defeat three sirens who took over the school. Three girls are gonna be a piece of cake compared to that.”

The three gave each other doubtful looks again as I rolled my eyes.

“Look, do you trust me?”

“Of course darling! Otherwise we wouldn’t have agreed to let you watch them. It’s just well, they are a force to be reckoned with when they are all together. Don’t even get me started when Sweetie Belle is alone,” Rarity said with a shudder and handed me a bag of pills. “Bed time is eight for Sweetie, here are her bedtime medications because she has trouble sleeping. Do not let her cook or your kitchen will burn down.”

“Okay.”

“Apple Bloom goes to bed at the same time. Do not let her have apple juice after seven thirty or she goes crazy.”

“Same with Scootaloo,” Rainbow added. “Apple juice is fine but bed time is firm.”

Applejack opened the door and three blurs rushed inside the house as I raised an eyebrow slightly.

“Hey girls!” I grinned as Scootaloo kicked her shoes off into the corner.

“Woah,” Apple Bloom said as she looked around in awe. “Ya live here?”

“Was that a pool in your back yard?” Scootaloo asked curiously as Sweetie Belle set her shoes down gently and neatly, no doubt Rarity’s influence.

“How did you afford this place?” Sweetie Belle added.

“Girls!” Rarity announced and they all looked at her intently. “Sunset is gonna be watching you three for us for a week. You are to be on your best behavior. If she tells us you three girls did anything wrong, you will be grounded. Am I one hundred percent clear Sweetie Belle?”

“Yes Rarity!”

“The same goes for you Apple Bloom and ah mean it,” Applejack said sternly. “One mistep and ah will make ya clean out the pig pen of all the manure.”

Rarity turned slightly green as Apple Bloom grimaced and I chuckled.

“Same with you Scoots. You’re awesome, I know you will be on your best behavior. Now let’s hit the road!” Rainbow Dash cheered as she shoved a protesting, startled Rarity out my door as Applejack paused to look back at me.

“If ya need help, Fluttershy is just a few houses down. Have a good week Sugarcube,” Applejack tipped her hat as I started shoving her out my front door.

“Yes, yes Applejack I understand. You three have a good week, don’t let Rarity get cold at night, love you fam stay safe,” I said as I shut the door and locked it. I made out Applejack blush as she strode to her car and it disappeared down the curve as Rainbow waved. “We don’t need any help from Fluttershy or Pinkie, now do we girls?”

I turned around and looked around in confusion at the empty space behind me where Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom and
Scootaloo had been standing.

“Girls?”


I finally found the three upstairs looking at my shelf of stuff from Equestria as I smiled faintly.

“Beautiful, isn’t it?” I asked knowingly as Sweetie Belle jumped. “It’s an Equestrian Lilac. It’s scent calms us down and promotes peace. Took me a bit to find one when I visited after the Battle of the Bands but it’s worth it.”

“Pretty!” Sweetie Belle declared as she sniffed it. “I like the smell.”

“Me too.”

“What is this?” Scootaloo asked and held up a rock as I smiled.

“That’s a rock from my home town. It’s very rare to find, forms underground in a egg like thing. Only a few dozen are found every few years. Princess Twilight and I went looking for them.”

Scootaloo gave a nod as she gently it set back down on the shelf as I pointed a tree branch.

“That tree grew in the back yard of the house I lived in as a filly. Of course, it’s owned by somepony else now but I pulled some strings,” I chuckled as Apple Bloom examined it.

“Thank ya kindly for agreeing to look after us. How did you get a place like this?” Apple Bloom asked curiously as I shrugged. “In high school, no less.”

“I brought all my bits here. So I decided to get a house like I had back in Equestria. It’s been my home for God knows how long at this point. And yes, I have a pool. You three have been gone almost all summer otherwise I’d have let you swim in it. It’s been pretty hot this summer.”

“Dang right it has,” Scootaloo complained as I opened a door in the hallway. “I’ve only been here for two weeks after camp and all I’ve worn is my tank tops.”

“So has Dash. This is my spare room where you girls will be sleeping. I’ll be making sure you girls are asleep before I go to bed. And yes, you can watch TV as long as it’s appropriate. I got some movies over there-”

“Movies!” Sweetie Belle shouted as she and Apple Bloom rushed to my book cases full of movies as I gave them confused looks. “She has Beauty and the Beast!”

“The Lion King!”

“All the Batman movies!” Scootaloo exclaimed as she joined them. “Wow.”

“Thanks, I think?” I mused as they all grinned widely.

“We love movies!” Sweetie gushed as she continued examining the rows of movies. “I didn’t know you had so many!”

“Well, when I first came here I didn’t really know much but one thing I did know was movies and books. It took a me a long time figure out how to get a DVD player to work, let alone my TV but once I did, I was watching movies for months to help learn about this new world. Humans have an entirely different sense of humor compared to ponies.”

Sweetie Belle hugged my waist excitedly as I gave her a startled look. I knew the girl was super friendly like this but I’ve never really had it happen to me.

I hugged her back as she squealed.

“You’re so awesome!” Sweetie announced happily as I blushed faintly. “Do we really have to go to bed at eight?”

“Don’t tell your sisters this but I’ll let you stay up till about nine thirty. As long as you take your medicine at nine. And as long as you three behave, you can stay up till nine every night. Just promise to clean up any mess you make and don’t touch anything from Equestria, my keys, streaming area or my guitars. And my room is off limits, got it?”

“Got it!” The three girls said in unison.

“And don’t get in the pool without me there to supervise. Now come on, I ordered pizza while I was looking for you three. Bring your bags upstairs while I go downstairs and wait for it to get here.”

“Yes ma’am!” Scootaloo saluted as the trio raced down the stairs and I chuckled.

“The girls were so exaggerating when they said these girls were a handful. Puh-lease, they all seemed very sweet. This is gonna be a piece of cake like I said.”

I started walking down the stairs as I listened to the three laugh with a smile.

What can go wrong?