• Published 22nd Nov 2023
  • 140 Views, 3 Comments

Twiggled Ever After: A RariTwi Exquisite Corpse - SigmasonicX



Princess Twilight has been captured by an evil duchess and her friends come to the rescue. But what is the real truth?

  • ...
 3
 140

7. Epilogue (SigmasonicX)

The throne room of Château Branché was in ruins. Wayward blasts of magic charred wood and shattered stone. Sunset, Starlight, and Rarity stood panting, while Rainbow Dash laid face-down in a crater with her arms and legs bent. They faced a figure who reared back, gripping her face while laughing crazily, holding the Staff of Sacanas with her other hand.

Between breaths, Rarity said with a light laugh, “I never expected Pinkie Pie to be this tough.”

“Really?” Sunset said with a smirk. “I saw this in her the whole time. I really regret not bringing balloons to distract her this time.”

With a wild grin, Pinkie twirled her staff… then suddenly her face turned neutral and she stopped, the staff flying out of her hands.

Rarity, Starlight, and Sunset looked at each other blinking, then turned back to their former assailant.

“Pinkie, dear, are you alright?” asked Rarity.

Waving her arms in circles, Pinkie replied, “Yup, all good here!”

Getting up from her crater, Rainbow Dash rubbed her head and said, “Pinkie, what the hell happened to you?”

Pinkie’s mouth turned into a three and she said, “You see, there was a complicated chain of chaos magic possessing people. Trenderhoof summoned Discord’s magic into Trixie, so she was the main possessee, then she possessed Trenderhoof, and then he possessed Trixie in turn, and then Trixie possessed me, and then I possessed Trenderhoof!”

Sunset scratched the top of her head. “Why were you all possessing each other?”

Pinkie waved her hand dismissively. “Oh that’s way too much to get into! But anyway, looks like Trixie’s possession got cleared up, and now everyone’s fixed!”

Starlight grunted. “You really expect me to believe all this? That everything’s all fine now?”

“It does sound like the fighting stopped outside,” said Rarity, holding a hand to her ear.

Starlight looked at the smiling pink woman warily for a while then sighed. “Alright, fine. Someone besides her take the staff, and let’s regroup with the princess.”

“What about him?” Rainbow said, pointing her thumb at Trenderhoof, splayed out on his throne.

“Leave him,” said Starlight. “The full story will be hard to explain to the public, but if he’s found at the center of it all, he’ll be the fall guy—which is convenient because it really was all his fault.”

Pinkie blinked. “Fall Guys? What?! I love Fall Guys!” Dashing up to the officer, Pinkie shook her violently. “I wanna be the fall guy!”

Sunset pulled them apart and held Pinkie at arm’s length. “Let’s just go back to the base.”


“So that’s how it is,” finished Sunset.

Twilight hummed. “Well, given all that, it’s strange that the chaos magic would send its lynchpin right to us.”

Sitting next to the princess on the base’s couch, Trixie gave a toothy grin and waved her hand dismissively. “Well obviously Trixie couldn’t be kept out of view for long.”

“I think it’s more likely that the different chaos magic victims weren’t following any overarching plan and themselves lost track of who the lynchpin was,” said Sunset.

Starlight leaned over and examined Trixie with narrow eyes. “So you aren’t the Trixie I know, then?”

Trixie fluttered her eyes and crossed her legs. “Oh, but I’ve certainly known plenty of Starlights, if you know what Trixie means. And Trixie is willing to know more.”

Starlight grimaced. “Yeah, I think I’ll stay a one-Trixie girl. Anyway, if there’s more than one Trixie…” She looked at Twilight. “Does that mean there’s more than one of everyone? Like more than one Princess Twilight?”

Rarity giggled and fanned herself with her hand. “Oh goodness me, if there was another Twilight in our world, I would have never thought about leaving.”

Twilight and Sunset both looked at Rarity with wide eyes.

Rarity smiled. “And it looks like you caught my meaning. Yes, now that I’ve found a world with a Twilight, I can’t even imagine leaving her.”

Rainbow’s eyes widened. “Woah, are you sure, Rares? Don’t you have, like, a whole dress empire? And a little sister?”

Rarity scoffed. “My businesses run themselves at this point, it’s barely a challenge. Human clothes, on the other hand, will be a whole new test for me! And it’s not like I can’t visit with Sunset’s help.”

Twilight shot up. “Also! Going into Trixie’s mind and interacting with the chaos magic gave me some interdimensional insight. I’m sure I can figure out a way across worlds too.”

Rarity motioned to the princess. “See! It’s fine.”

Sunset hummed. “Well, I suppose I can’t disapprove of the choice, but you’re making dimensional travel sound more casual than it is. There’s a real chance it’ll be years before we get a stable connection to this world again.”

Twilight stepped forward. “How long will the current connection last?”

“Another few days.”

The princess grew a determined smile. “Then I better do this now.”

Twilight took Rarity’s hand and looked into her eyes. “Rarity… it’s only been a day, but everything I experienced that day—no, the very moment I met you, showed me that I want to spend the rest of my life with you.” She knelt, making Rarity gasp and making everyone else widen their eyes. “Rarity, will you marry me?”

It didn’t take long for her to respond, “Yes! A thousand times yes!”

They embraced and kissed, and kissed, and kissed, but just as everyone else started leaving to give them space, Twilight broke it off to say, “Wait! So, uh, I want all of you at the wedding. Well, if I can get one ready before you have to go.”

Pinkie shot up between the lovers. “Oh you don’t have to worry about that! Parties are my thing, and I still have a bit of chaos magic, so…”

She snapped her fingers.


Just as quickly as the city found itself in strife due to Trenderhoof’s riots, they were quelled by a sudden wedding of their princess to a strange but charming outsider. To say this came as a shock to the queen was an understatement, but she was soon convinced by the true love her daughter had found.

Damage lingered, but Duchess Muffins used her underworld connections to quell any opportunism on the part of criminal organizations and redirect them to the city’s support. Soon, Canterlot was better than ever.

Eventually, it was time for the visitors to go. Pinkie wanted to be the fall guy so bad that they made her one alongside Trenderhoof. By all accounts, she was quite happy, but she was still discreetly released in time for their departure.

Trixie never showed up when it was time to leave, forcing Sunset, Rainbow, and Pinkie to leave her behind. Rumors said she died when a young boy told her she wouldn’t be able to cast the self-destruct spell and she proved him wrong, but Rarity thought not even Trixie would do that… probably.

Years passed, and finally Twilight developed a way to stabilize a portal between her world and Rarity’s old one. They had a fantastic life together, and would have far more happy years together.

Even so, Rarity and Twilight looked back fondly on the day they met… even if they couldn’t quite agree how it went.

Author's Note:

There were several issues with this Exquisite Corpse with people finding themselves unavailable, resulting in this rushed resolution, but ultimately I'm satisfied with the results. The next Exquisite Corpse will return to being a new story, but there are some surprises planned for it.

Comments ( 3 )

Abrupt ending yes, but still delightful stuff to be had. I always appreciate Best Pony in over her head, regardless of her species. Thank you all for a delightful read. Feel free to drop me a line if you're looking for volunteers for the next one.

11757980
Thanks for reading all of these, and for your interest in participating, but it's organized through Monochromatic's Discord server and I'd prefer to keep it localized to there.

Login or register to comment