• Published 7th Oct 2023
  • 776 Views, 37 Comments

Give them a push - Aurora_Glow



Flurry Heart was annoyed. Her Uncle Sunburst and Auntie Starlight were acting weird around each other. Maybe she can do something about it? She was her mother’s daughter after all.

  • ...
2
 37
 776

Confessions

"FLURRY HEART!" an enraged Starlight yelled from inside the bubble. She banged on the side of the bubble loudly. "Let us out RIGHT NOW! What's gotten into you?"

Flurry Heart only shook her head. "Nuh-uh," she said, sitting on the floor stubbornly. "You two are gonna admit you like each other. I tried being like Mommy the entire day, but none of it worked! I'm taking matters into my own hooves!"

Sunburst and Starlight could only glare at her through the bubble. "Wait," Starlight said. Something clicked in her head. "The spaghetti, the game Pinkie came up with, the mistletoe, that was all you wasn't it?" Sunburst gasped and face-hoofed.

"Of course," he groaned. "We've been played by the daughter of the princess of love." Flurry said nothing. only grinning at the trapped ponies. "Maaaaaaybeeeeee..." she said, giggling, before a frown framed her face. "But none of it worked."

Starlight tried to blast the bubble with magic, but it was no use. The bubble wouldn't budge. "How did she get so good at shield spells?" Starlight grumbled. "She's only five! She doesn't even have a cutie mark!" Sunburst sighed. "Shining Armor's been teaching her, plus she's an alicorn. But I didn't know that she had gotten this good," he answered. "And I don't she's gonna let us out unless we talk. About our... umm... crushes apparently." The stallion blushed.

Starlight sighed. Looks like there was no delaying the inevitable now. "Well the thing is Sunburst..." Starlight said. She looked down, her ears touching her head. The mare avoided Sunburst's curious gaze. "I kind of... have a crush on well... you... I guess I... well... I guess I like like you..."

Starlight didn't have the strength to use the "l" word yet. Finally gaining the confidence to look Sunburst in the eye, she expected him to be aghast. To be disgusted. To be angry. What she didn't expect was for Sunburst to smile at her. And not just a tiny smile. Sunburst was full on grinning, his face threatening to split into two.

"Really?" he asked, unable to believe his ears. "The thing is Starlight... I kind of... like like you as well..."

Starlight turned deep pink from her muzzle to the tip of her ears. Sunburst likes me as well? she thought, unsure. But... but I almost destroyed the world! How can he ever like me the same way!

"You... like me as well?" Starlight said shyly. "Even after I almost destroyed our entire world by messing with time and also started a cult?" Sunburst chuckled. "But look at you now! You're a princess's former protégé, and you're a trusted member of the faculty of one of the most famous schools in Equestria! I'm just a crystaller... Not to mention school drop out..." Sunburst said.

Starlight turned a deeper shade of red. "You're a royal crystaller. That's a title that not many have held in the past," she said, putting a reassuring hoof on his. They both turned even darker at the contact, but unlike the many times before, neither pulled away.

Sunburst cleared his throat. "So umm Starlight?" he asked. "Will you be my... umm... marefriend? I'd understand if you didn't want to and—"

He was cut of by Starlight putting her mouth to his, kissing him. Sunburst paused for a moment, surprised by the gesture, before he started kissing back. The kiss was slow and sweet like honey. Neither pony wanted it to end.

Flurry smiled and awwed when she saw them kissing. She had succeeded! Slowly, she got rid of the bubble, releasing her two victims. Who were still kissing.

Starlight smiled into the kiss. After a few more moments, she finally pulled back. "Yes," she said. "Yes. I'll be your marefriend." Sunburst smiled and pulled Starlight into a hug. She didn't resist, and the two stayed in that position for a while.

Flurry walked up to them, looking a bit remorseful. "I'm sorry I trapped you two in a bubble," she said sadly. "I couldn't help myself! I wanted to make you two confess your love, and I wanted be just like Mommy and make her proud! Plus, Auntie Applejack said that you should always be honest and you two were definitely not honest!" Flurry said it all very quickly and in a breath.

Sunburst and Starlight untangled from their hug. Starlight pat Flurry on the head gently. "Breathe Flurry," she chuckled, before her expression changed to a much stricter one. "I hope you know it's very wrong to trap ponies in magic bubbles little filly. Even if you want what's best for them."

Flurry nodded earnestly, and Starlight's face softened. Flurry did have the best intentions at heart. And she's learned her lesson from the looks of it. Smiling, she crouched down. "That being said, thank you Flurry," she said.

The alicorn looked at Starlight in shock. "You were a very smart little matchmaker. I would never have confessed my feelings without you," Starlight continued. "But remember next time don't trap ponies in giant bubbles to make them confess their love. Okay?" Flurry nodded happily, then gave Starlight and Sunburst a big hug.

Sunburst smiled, and pat Flurry on the head. His smile widened when he felt Starlight lean on him and nuzzle him. "I thank you too as well Flurry," he said, putting a hoof around the filly.

Their giant hug was interrupted when the sound of the front door opening was heard. "We're home!" came Twilight's voice.

The three ponies dashed down, eager to see Twilight and Cadance after the long day.

"Mommy!" Flurry said, giving her mother a giant hug. Cadance chuckled. "Hi sweetie. Did you have a nice day?"

Flurry nodded. "I made Uncle Sunburst and Auntie Starlight become a couple!" she said, puffing out her chest proudly. "You did?" Twilight asked with glee, looking at Starlight.

"She did," Starlight said in confirmation. She quickly told them all about their interesting day.

"Then last but not least, she created a giant bubble to trap me and Sunburst so that we would finally confess our love. That plan finally worked," Starlight finished. "So yeah. Me and Sunburst are dating now." She and Sunburst both blushed at the last sentence.

Cadance looked at them, but surprisingly, she wasn't shocked. Neither was Twilight. Instead, Cadance smirked, looking over at a pouting Twilight.

"Pay up," Cadance said, holding out a goof. Twilight grumbled before taking out a few bits and placing them onto her waiting hoof.

Sunburst and Starlight stared at the whole exchange, surprised. "You bet on us?" Sunburst asked.

Cadance laughed. "I bet Twilight that my daughter would come up with plans to get you two together, but my dear sister in law disagreed," she explained. "Looks like I was right."

She looked at Twilight victoriously, who grimaced. "Never make bets about with the princess of love," she grumbled. "Especially ones involving her daughter..."

"Well Flurry always talked about how she Sunburst and Starlight are always blushing around each other. She thought that they were perfect together, didn't you Flurry?" Cadance said, nuzzling Flurry. "With both of them babysitting Flurry today, I just thought that Flurry might take advantage of it. Speaking of which, where did you learn about all those little tricks honey?"

Flurry giggled, giving her mother a huge smile. "I learnt them from you! I wanted to be like you for the day and help ponies fall in love!" The others all chuckled, and Twilight gave her niece a hug.

"Well Flurry, I think you did I wonderful job," she said. Starlight laughed. "Well, that aside, since me, my new coltfriend and Flurry saved up some cupcakes for you, care to eat them?"

Twilight's ears perked up. "Well I don't know about you Cadance, but I'm famished. Let's go!" she said, heading to the kitchen. Cadance and Flurry giggled and followed.

Starlight shook her head, chuckling, amused. She felt a hoof wrap around her, and smiled when she looked at Sunburst. "Come on. We should go as well," he said. Starlight smiled and gave him a peck on the cheek, making him blush.

Outside, Celestia's sun was setting, casting a pink glow onto the castle. Starlight caught sight of the beautiful view from one of the windows.

"Let's wait a bit and just enjoy the moment," she said, sitting in front of the window and enjoying the sunset. Sunburst smiled and sat down beside her. Starlight leaned on him, and he put his hoof around her shoulder.

Starlight let out a contented sigh.

Life was good.

Author's Note:

Well that's the end of this fic! I edited the previous chapters a teeny bit to make the story more smooth, but it's nothing major. It's mostly just a mistake here, or an a few extra words there. Also, I have absolutely no knowledge about lovers kissing. My only source of information comes from books, fanfics and TV shows. I tried my best describing it, but I still think it seems a bit off.

To the people who read till the very end, thank you. This story is one of the first slightly longer stories that I wrote, and I'm grateful that you endured through it. I know there are lots of ways I can improve, and I'm planning to do so in the future.

Comments ( 10 )

11717742
Happy to help out!

Comment posted by Aurora_Glow deleted Oct 14th, 2023
Comment posted by Aurora_Glow deleted Oct 14th, 2023
Comment posted by Aurora_Glow deleted Oct 14th, 2023

Nice! Good work, sweet lil fic :3

Downright adorable story. Yeah, I'm rather fond of the Starlight/Sunburst ship myself. Probably one of my favorite straight ships in the entire franchise - along with Flurry/Pound and the assorted officially canon straight ships (as for Spike, I'm evenly divided between Ember and Gabby, but for Ember, I'm evenly divided between Spike and Thorax). And, yeah, I can completely understand about generally ignoring Season 9 (well, aside from a minor AU version that has THE REAL Grogar teaming up several of the Mane 6's greatest enemies [the writers seriously dropped the ball on that "Discord in disguise" nonsense], but even that would be sans Celestia and Luna retiring).

But, anyway, the dialogue, characterizations and general wrap-up were well done and I'm definitely looking forward to more of this.

11723460
Thank you! Glad you enjoyed the story!

Cadance laughed. "I bet Twilight that my daughter would come up with plans to get you two together, but my dear sister in law disagreed," she explained. "Looks like I was right."

Like mother like daughter lol

Aww that was a really cute story so flurry heart still trapped up inside the bubble both of them were pretty shock about this why is she doing this then she admitted that she tried to get them to admitted how much they really love each other and despite that odd tactic for the little one it both Sunburst and starlight admitted to each other how much they really care for each other they even share a kiss which that's pretty nice and she let them out and apologize for everything what she pulled and just in time Cadence and Twilight came home and apparently they knew what was going on and betting on them wow but again this was really nice I like it keep out the good work

Login or register to comment