• Published 3rd Sep 2023
  • 6,285 Views, 335 Comments

The Crazy Adventures Of Two Siblings Who Hate Each Other In Equestria. - deadpansnarker



You've heard the story before, right? The guy who wakes up as Twilight Sparkle one day in Ponyville and has to adapt.Well what about if his younger sister accompanied him as Spike, and he knows next-to-nothing about the show whilst she's a crazy fan?

  • ...
29
 335
 6,285

Chapter 12: A Day With Daisy.

Hi there! My name is Daisy! Pleased to meetcha! Unless you’re Florian or any of her crew, in which case you can turn around and p*ss off right now.

See, Big Brother? If I say ‘bad words’, my tongue isn’t gonna turn blue. It just happened that one time, when I was just finishing off that raspberry flavour Slush Puppie. You won’t fool me again!

I know lots of worse words than that too, but because I’m such a good girl I won’t repeat any of them here. (Well, not ‘til I’m 10 anyway).

Anyway, I suppose you’re wondering why I’ve interrupted Darren’s, or ‘Twilight Sparkle’s’ as he’s known to those lucky enough not to have lived with him before, private little weird head diary… or even how I figured he was keeping one in the first place.

The answer to both questions is simple. Never underestimate a nosy little sister’s ability to sniff out when her Big Brother’s got a secret, and all those times he sorta looked away from me and seemed to be talking to nobody in particular, I kinda figured something loopy was going on.

How selfish, trying to keep you all to himself! He’s already tried this trick before, you know… in an actual, real, genuine written account of his life with me and Mum in a journal hidden not-so-well under his bed.

Ikr? I couldn’t believe he could write properly, let alone put together readable sentences in a daily record, but here we are.

Needless to say, I wasn’t gonna let him get away with this, so I waited ‘til he left his door unlocked one day during one of his regularly scheduled bathroom breaks to ‘borrow’ it for some ‘studying’.

To cut a long story short, it wasn’t as exciting as I thought it’d be. Just a bunch of moaning about being single (totally his fault), certain drugs not being legal (very naughty), how much of a nuisance I was (charming) and what he’d ever do to Dad if he ran into him again (totally agreed with this part tbh).

So, in the hour before he discovered his diary had been grabbed without permission and came bursting into my room to snatch it back (how rude) I learned practically nothing that I didn’t know already…

…That my Big Brother is a ‘severely emotionally-constipated individual who seeks solace in pointless pursuits in order to shut out the very real trauma which gnaws away at his psyche every day.’

(Btw, I thought of that unbelievably complex diagnosis all by mistake, and not by listening in on one of Mum’s favourite daytime hospital soap operas. Honest.)

So yeah, I knew he had major problems. He was struggling at school, his only friend had gone far away never to return and more than half of his time was spent in that grotty, smelly bedroom.

So what did I do next? Tease him even more, of course! Isn’t that what little sisters do best?

Especially as that was my source of therapy, seeing as the ‘nice’ old lady Mum took me to see to ‘help’ me with my own issues did nothing but fake-smile at me all the time like I was a baby, scribble a lot of stuff I didn’t understand down in a notepad and answered all my questions with more stupid questions.

At least the free lollies she gave me at the end of every ‘session’ were delicious. They improved my mood much more than her terrible pretending-she-cared act, so it was worth sitting through an hour of nonsense each week for the free sweets. Mmmmm!

Oops, sorry… perhaps I’ve gone on too long. People are always telling me I always have lots of interesting things to say, but I overdo it sometimes. ‘TMI,D’ my friends text me, but I think that’s because I can type much quicker than them, with both thumbs at once! Jealous, or what?

Such a skill is beyond me right now (having no thumbs as a dragon doesn’t help, but pretty sure my screen would be scratched beyond repair before then anyway) but at least I can keep in contact with you, my new invisible buddies!

Hey, where are you going? D-Don’t leave me all alone! I promise I’m just as much fun as Darren, and besides I know much more about this world than he ever did! Check out all the pony toys in my room! My official subscription to the magazine! The results of my online quiz, when I was reliably informed I had at least an 80% match with Rainbow Dash…

Still not good enough for you, huh? Alright, let’s try this: you do realise that by leaving me here by myself, you could get in big trouble? I am only nine years old so don’t forget, and as responsible adults it’s your job to make sure I stay safe in an ‘unfamiliar environment’.

Hee Hee, that visit by the policeman to our school is proving to be useful after all. Now if I can get them to stay with me, instead of following my Boring Boastful Big Brother around, I won’t need him at all and I won’t feel really, really sad and guilty that I… HEY!!

I didn’t give you permission to read my thoughts… you may have gotten away with that sort of cr*p with Darren, but I’m calling the shots here; and I say stay out of my head. Got it? Great, let’s get a move on shall we? Places to go, ponies to see, and…

Huh? You want to know where we’re gonna go first? If we’re actually going to look for a way back to Earth, do I think I’ll beat my alicorn brother? And why do I come across as a ‘self-entitled spoiled little brat’?

Wha… who said that?! That’s it, you can go. Everyone else can stay. Remember: you’re talking to a child here, so control yourself!

Y-You don’t even know me! Only what my lying Big Brother has told you! So before you judge, maybe you’d like to hear my side of the story first about certain things…

And if you don’t care, I’m gonna tell you anyway. This is my chapter, and I can say whatever I like. So there. :p

Because we’re short on time though, and because I’m wasting precious minutes I could be spending on exploring Ponyville, I’ll try and squeeze it into one paragraph. Are you ready? Cos I won’t repeat myself.

I didn’t ‘wish’ us here, all I prayed that night was that ‘I Wish My Brother Could Understand Me’. The library fire? Totally an accident, how was I to know dragon’s had such sensitive noses? I guess I could’ve been more helpful in guiding my brother around Equestria, but if he didn’t mess things up so often maybe I’d have more faith. The flower incident? How was I to see that thing coming? A dandelion as a sacred object? PUR-LEASE.

I don’t like mean shouty old ladies like Mayor Mare or the owner of the dog next door that won’t let me feed her stupid pooch anyway, so screw them. It’s Princess Celestia I want to talk to, which is why in that letter I sent her earlier via dragon post I added, along with wanting a ride to Ponyville with my brother…

Oops, now that would be telling, wouldn’t it? I know most of you are still on Darren’s side, and I don’t want you blabbing my special plan to him if you ever come across him again now, do I? You think, just cos I’m a kid, I’m that easy to fool? Nice try, suckers!

Enough talking already. I’m starving. All I’ve had to eat so far is that crummy jewel Rarity gave me while I waited for Big Brother to get his makeover, and considering the big baby nearly drowned me afterwards in her tears I’m not gonna give her too much credit for that.

They don’t call her ‘Worst Pony’ for nothing, you know. That’s one thing me and Florian can still agree on. She’s definitely not getting her scrunchie back now, though. That lying, cheating, sack of sh… (funny that Big Brother always tries covering up his curse words ‘round me, when I probably cuss more than him when he isn’t here. LOL)

Recognising where I was (wonder how Dozy Darren is coping without his super-intelligent sis to guide him; not my concern) I follow the road to Sugarcube Corner, stopping to glance every so often at familiar buildings and passing ponies who seem equally as surprised at my appearance. Guess they don’t get many little girls LARP-ing as baby dragons ‘round these parts.

There’s Bon Bon, probably off on another daring mission. Poor old Lyra, not knowing the truth ‘til Season Five. I can relate… it was months after Dad left I finally found out… E-Erm, let’s change the subject.

Oh hi Matilda… wonder if I should warn her before she makes the biggest mistake of her life by marrying that grumpy old fogey? Girl, you deserve so much better… somemule with hair, for a start.

Maybe I should try and switch up a few things while I’m here to make them better. We’ve already changed canon a lot since arriving, so why not… huh?

Who’s that group of ponies, walking and flying together? Rainbow Dash, Applejack and Rarity… this early in the series? Where are they going? Towards me? What could they possibly…

“We’d like a word with you, Sugarcube.” Applejack didn’t seem her usual welcoming self. A bit too frowny, if you ask me.

“Yeah, now we’ve got you all alone.” I don’t know why Rainbow Dash seemed so cross. I wasn’t the one who called her that name she hates so much earlier.

“Indeed, darling. We have questions…” Worst Pony pouted in that really annoying narcis… vain way she does, and honestly I don’t care what she thinks about anything.

Still, they’d caught me off guard, and it was all I could do to stammer in return… “I-I was just gonna go into Sugarcube Corner for a snack and m-maybe a chocolate milkshake…”

“Not to worry, dear. We’ll treat you. All we need in return is some answers.” Worst Pony made what sounded like a kind offer on the surface, so why do I feel scared somehow…

“What a good idea, Rarity! I’ve been wantin’ to try the Apple Turnover here for a while. Or the Apple Tart. Hmm… decisions, decisions…” Guess who said that. No seriously guess, because I’m not telling you. Silly.

“Wait. A dragon that likes sugary treats and milkshakes?!” Rainbow Dash seemed a bit confused, and maybe I shouldn’t have blown my cover like that, but oh well. Big Brother has messed up regular as clockwork since arriving here, so I was entitled to my own little slip-up.

“Y-Yeah. My doctor told me I’ve got too much glass in my diet, so I’m taking a break from gems. Especially ones found deep underground. G-Go on, after you.”

The three puzzled ponies looked at each other, shrugged and went into the cafe before me. Guess I lucked out, as their lack of knowledge of dragon anatomy seems to have let me off the hook for now.

“Now comes the tricky part though…” I said to myself before following them in. I could’ve easily ran away, but why miss out on a chance to hang out with half the Main 6? I mean, I wish it was under different circumstances (like, me being a pony rather than a tiny reptile), but I’ll take what I can.

Besides, unlike my ‘mature and responsible’ Big Brother, I always face up to my mistakes… hang on, whatdya mean you’ve got plenty of examples in previous chapters when I haven’t?!

Shush. Just shut up!! If you love Darren so much, why don’t you go back to him? A giant monster is probably using him as a toothpick for their appetiser by now anyway, so he needs your help a lot more than me.

Go on, get lost. I don’t need you anymore. I’ll be hanging out with my new ‘cool’ pals (sans Rarity), who won’t patronise me for being a child, won’t accuse me of stealing things without any proof…

And won’t be a bunch of meanies about me every time I open my mouth! Yes, I know what you think about me, what you’re telling your friends… w-well, you ought to know what I think about you.

Guess what? I’m not gonna tell you. HA! *Sticks tongue out & slams door. Hard.*

Author's Note:

It's been a while hasn't it? In my defense, life sometimes throws you curveballs, such as a family member falling seriously ill over Christmas, starting a new job, then getting stuck in a couple of one-shots... :rainbowderp:

Anyway! I'm finally back now, and in the intervening time I've been away I've also been working on where exactly I want this story to go, so that should come through in the next few chapters. :rainbowdetermined2:

Hope things are okay with you regardless, and see you next time... :pinkiehappy: