• Published 23rd Oct 2023
  • 371 Views, 0 Comments

The Legend Ends - 654_nosneb



William, our maybe not that favorite human hero, appears in the g5.

  • ...
 0
 371

Chapter III - Many Questions, Few Answers

Darkness. As far as my eyes were able to see, all I could see was darkness. It was easy for me to understand that I was dreaming. I stood up, and lighted up my sword. There wasn't very much to see; I was just standing on top of a black floor.

Now I was fearful. I remember these kind of dreams; this one was very similar to the ones Owlen used to cause me. I looked around in search for those green and red eyes but I find none. Now more calmed. I started to calm myself down.

"Hello?" I asked. "Is somepony here?"

"Of course, silly!" a cheerful voice said, waking me up. I opened my eyes and saw a purple unicorn mare with blue mane and purple eyes. "You're William, right? My name's Izzy! Izzy Moonbow!"

I still felt very tired, but I was much better than yesterday. I rose from my slumber as quickly as I could and sat on the sofa.

"Who... who told you that?" I asked her, still half asleep.

"Sunny." replied she. "We're all gathered at the kitchen to eat breakfast; I wanted to wake you up so you can get something to eat!" She walked some steps away, giving me enough space to stand up.

I took her opportunity and immediately stood up.

"Woah!" the purple unicorn exclaimed. "Sunny was right! You do walk on your hind legs!"

I took several deep breaths before continuing. I needed to calm myself. The nightmare was repeating itself again and I wasn't prepared for it.

"Where is she?" I managed to say.

"At the kitchen." Izzy said with a smile. "Everypony is there with her. They surely have a lot of questions for you, especially Sunny and Zipp... most of them are from Zipp, actually."

Great! I almost forgot that I promised them that I'll answer all the questions that they have.

"Ok. So where's the kitchen?" I asked her.

Izzy escorted me to said place in no time. When I entered, I saw Sunny cooking something on a frying pan and Zipp sitting by a table. The kitchen itself was very impressive; it wasn't as big as Canterlot's castle's kitchen, but it was surely bigger than a standard one. It was very clean and neat as well.

Apart from the ponies that I already met, I saw two more: one was as purple (perhaps a little bit less) as Izzy; she was a pegasus mare with a dark purple mane, and green eyes. Her wings were way more fluffy than any other pegasus I've seen before. The other pony was a light amber-coated earth pony stallion who had a blue-colored mane.

"Oh! I'm glad to see that you're awake!" Sunny said, smiling. "I'm sure that you already met my friend Izzy. This is Hitch," she pointed a hoof to the stallion, "and this is Pipp." She ended pointing the same hoof to the purple pegasus.

"So this is the 'human' you told me about." Hitch said. He walked towards me extended a hoof and said: "I'm pleased to meet you. What's your name?"


\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\


I was excited about this. William, the human I discovered last night while following Sunny, was finally awake. I was about to wake him up earlier, but Sunny insisted that we should let him rest and wake up at his own pace. However, about ten minutes later, I had to stop Sunny from waking him up. We ened up agreeing that neither of us should wake him up unless it gets really late.

The others didn't mind his presence in our home that much (after we explained them what was the weird creature sleeping in the living room). Izzy acted fine, and just wanted to have him as her new friend; Hitch was the pony that worried the most, but eventually calmed down when Sunny told him that he wanted to leave the brighthouse on his own, and just stayed because of her insistence; while my sister Pipp... acted as usual. I'm pretty sure that, once William is able to give answers to the questions that Sunny and I have for him, she will do everything in her power to convince him to do a video with her.

"William." he responded to Hitch. "You act surprisingly less surprised than what I expected."

"Well, that's because Sunny..."

Hitch couldn't finish what he wanted to say. My sister ran towards the human (phone on her hoof) as fast as her other three legs allowed her, and started recording.

"Good morning, Pippsqueaks!" she exclaimed with her usual enthusiasm. "Today, I'm with somepony, or should I say... somecreature, very unique. His name is William, and he..."

Note for later: apparently, when humans get angry, their eyes can change to red and green.

William magically grabbed her phone in a blue aura (which I don't know how he did, since he has no horn) and almost slammed it in the floor. He contained himself in the last moment though, and he left the phone on the table as his eyes returned to be blue.

"What's wrong with you!?" he angrily screamed to my sister as she started to shiver in fear. "I'm not an attraction that you can display to your fans whenever you want! I'm barely in the mood to be here to begin with!"

His breathing was fast and loud. He closed his eyes and tried to calm down. His breathing started to be calmer.

"I... I'm so, so sorry, William." said my sister. "I didn't mean to offend you."

"It's ok, Pipp." he responded. "I... kinda exceeded myself there."

Sunny, who was very happy that the incident didn't go any further, started to serve the pancakes. We all sat down and started to eat. But when William took his fist bite, he immediately started coughing.

"Are you ok, William?" I asked him.

"Yeah, yeah." He coughed a bit more and then asked: "Are these pancakes alright? They taste very weird."

"What do you mean?" Sunny asked him. "These are the same pancakes that I've been making since I was seven. They have eggs, flour, sugar, milk, and hay."

"Oh, right. I forgot to tell you that humans are unable to eat hay, Sunny. If you don't mind, I can do my own breakfast."

"No, no no!" Sunny replied. "I can make you some hay-less pancakes on my own if you want."

"Don't bother yourself, Sunny. I'm more than capable of..."

Sunny didn't listen to him. She immediately stood up and rushed once again to the stove. The expression on the human's face was priceless. I'm no expert, but I'd swear that he's very uncomfortable with Sunny's excessive hospitality.

"Well," he eventually said turning his face towards me, "while Sunny is cooking, I think that I could answer some questions that you might have, Zipp."

"Really? Great!" I exclaimed. "Well, first of all, I'd like to know everything you know about your species."

He proceeded to tell a very condensed tale about who he is and how was the world 21000 years ago. William was very ambiguous about certain details; perhaps he didn't think that I really wanted to know EVERYTHING about humans. His otherwise short tale ended up being an extensive explanation on how human society used to work.

"Hm... It seems like humans had a technological level that was very similar to modern pony technology."

"Yeah, I saw your cellphone yesterday." he responded. "Do you have something like cars or planes as well?"

"Well, a car seems pretty useless for a pony." Sunny said while cooking the first pancake. "I mean, we do have trolley cars that travel throughout Maretimebay, but mainly just for convenience or fun. A plane, on the other hoof, is far more useful, especially for non-pegasus ponies. They're pretty rare though. Apart from our own, I haven't seen too many of them around."

"Wow! You have a... Wait, did you say Maretimebay?" William asked puzzled. "Aren't we at Canterlot?"

"Canterlot!?" said Sunny. "I wished we were. That legendary city has been lost to ponykind for centuries. What made you think that we were there?"

"I traveled through time, not through space." was his reply. "I did it at Canterlot, I expected to reappear at Canterlot."

"Well, the vault in which you were in seems like a magical space of some sort. It seems like a normal door, but it has a whole room inside." I pointed out. "Did you vanish inside that vault?"

"Yes."

"That's it! The vault was at Canterlot and, during the thousand years in which you were absent, the vault was removed from said city and was found by Sunny's dad (a very persistent ancient history researcher). Not being able to open it, he just left it inside his basement, and now, you appeared. Sounds logical, right?"

"Wow. You're very good at deducting things!" William exclaimed. "That sounds very plausible."

"What can I say? I'm a self-proclaimed professional detective."

After Sunny finished cooking and he finally got to eat his hay-less pancakes, Sunny started to bombard him with her questions.

"Do you know why Equestria divided itself?" And: "Why did you time-travel?" Were her first questions.

A very interesting exchange of information was made. He had no clue about why Equestria divided itself into the three pony races again, neither did he know that that even happened. He got very uneasy when he found out. Fortunately, Sunny managed to cheer him up when she told him about how we reunited the pegasi, unicorns, and earth ponies again.

"So, you're telling me that..." spoke William. "YOU'RE AN ALICORN!?"

"No! Well, yes. Well... not quite. It's complicated." was her reply.

The human's incisive questions started. It seems that he knows more about alicorns than Sunny, me, or any other pony that's currently alive. An earth pony that can transform into an alicorn at will (well, maybe not at will for Sunny yet, but she's getting there) sounded like nonsense to him.

We kept talking for about an hour or so. Nopony seemed to be interested in asking questions to the human, just Sunny and I.

"But I'm sure that you'd have to be mentioned somewhere!" Sunny insisted. "I mean, I'm well aware about characters as Spike, Starlight Glimmer, and even Flurry Heart! How could my father have missed you from his research?"

"Well, first of all, I don't know anything about Flurry Heart, but Spike was Twilight's companion since she was a little filly and Starlight stayed in the past to do other things; I'm pretty sire that she did something significant after I went gone."

"I have an idea!" Izzy exclaimed out of nowhere. "How about you use your magic in order to go back into your past?"

"It's not that simple, Izzy." William replied. "Time is like the current of a river. Swimming with the current on your side (traveling to the future) is very easy, while swimming against the current (traveling to the past) is nearly impossible to do. Only Starlight's time-travel spell could do that, and I don't know where could it be."

"Wait, you said that that dark purple alicorn stole the time-travel spell," I spoke up, "so why aren't we living under her rule. We even returned magic to all ponies and nothing has happened. How is that possible?"

"Well, that... is also a thing I can't explain."


\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\


101010101010100010

101010101010010101

Analyzing...

Subject 01 has arrived to year 23022 again... as expected.

Initializing TME (Techno-Magical Emperor).

...

"How interesting!" I thought to myself. "William is awake! Let's keep up with my plan. The first thing I'll need is a new body. But where could I get a new one? I know! Canterlogic seems like the right place to start."

Author's Note:

Here's chapter III. Since I've just finished school (a sad thing for me, but I'm fine), expect new chapters more often.
Enjoy :D


As always, I accept suggestions.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment