• Published 18th May 2023
  • 366 Views, 0 Comments

Snuggly dreams come true - NoOneKnown



A brilliant mare named Source Code is requested to report to Princess Luna's castle for...a rather unusual reason

  • ...
 0
 366

A little bit of affection

For about 3 months an Institute for the Newest Technology has been operating. It was founded to develop the Equestria in modern technologies, starting with electrical engineering and electronics, through mechatronics, and ending on IT.

The chief of an entire institute is a brilliant mare named Source Code. She quickly ranked in an academic and scientific hierarchy so both princesses agreed that she was the most competent pony to coordinate the entire institute.


The workday at the institute was almost over. Source Code was in her office, she just finished a large project, but she still had a project protocol to make.

Finally it's done - she thought while taking a sip of tea - that's what I call a job well done! I just have to make the protocol, and a whole weekend of doing absolutely nothing is ahead of me!

Suddenly, there was a knocking on the door.

"Come in!" - she said

The door opened. But what surprised her the most was who entered her office - it was Princess Luna.

"Oh. Your Highness! I didn't expect your visit" - Source said - "if I may ask, what brings you here?"

"Source Code, I know you are extremely busy, but could I bother you with one thing?" - the princess asked

"Of course, anything!" - Source said

"I need you to report to my castle after your shift" - Luna said

Source Code was, to put it lightly, really worried. She was afraid she did something bad that angered the princess, who, aside from being one of the rulers of Equestria, was also Source's boss.

"B-but w...why?" - she asked trembling

"Let's say it is something important, even top priority" - Luna answered. Then she levitated a scroll to the mare - "and that is the permission to enter the castle. Show it to the guards and they will know where to lead you."

"Alright, I understand" - Source agreed, opening the scroll to see the content

"Oh, and just one thing - it's a secret meeting, so do not tell anyone that I requested you to report to my castle" - Luna said

Source just nodded in agreement.

"Very well! So see you later" - the princess said and left Source's office.


Source Code finished the protocol, though it was difficult because she couldn't focus. All her thoughts were focused on why did the princess command her to go to the castle, she was scared that she might have done something so bad she'd be fired from the institute.

But it was also her sworn duty to obey the rulers as a chief of the royal institute, so she had to do what she's been told by a princess, whether she liked it or not...

Finally, she arrived at the Canterlot Castle and two royal guards approached her

"Excuse me" - the guard said - "do you have permission to enter?"

"Yes, I do" - Source answered, opening her saddle bag and pulling out the scroll Luna gave her

"Mhm, I see" - the guard told to himself

"Everything's correct. Follow us!" - another guard commanded

The mare entered the castle and two guards escorted her through the hallways. Finally, they arrived at the doors which seemed to lead to Princess Luna's private library.

The door opened and revealed Princess Luna

"Oh, Source Code! Come in!" - Princess exclaimed and looked at the two guards - "thank you for escorting her, now return to your posts" - she ordered

They both saluted and walked away when the doors were shut.

"We have something to talk about..." - the Princess mused

Despite being scared of being fired, Source asked - "About what? If it's about that incident with short-circuit in one of our laboratories, that wasn't anyone's fault - the materials were just..." - she started but was interrupted by Luna.

"Oh, the reason I called you here is completely not related to your job. But I must admit that we were right about choosing you to be a chief of this institute, you're excellent at doing your work" - Luna said smiling at the mare. - "But I want to talk with you about another thing"

"Sure, what is it?" - Source asked, the fear of possible events that may happen was even bigger

"You know I can travel between the dreams of other ponies just to make sure no nightmares trouble them" - she started - "And I went to your dream some time ago to see you dreaming...about snuggling with me..." - Luna giggled covering her muzzle with a hoof

Source's face went from scared to more embarrassed, she knew she's been caught on dreaming about snuggling with her boss

"Well..." - Source said stuttering - "I-I may have dreamt a-about h-hugging a-a-and snuggling with you...multiple times" - her ears flopped in shame

"Interesting..." - Luna said, more to herself rather than to Source - "how about...I hug now, in the real world" - she spread her front hooves to sides in an inviting manner.

This question echoed through the mare's mind. Why would the Princess want to give her a hug? Or maybe it was a test to get her fired from her chief position at the institute?

"Um, sorry to ask, but is it a test, or something?" - Source asked

Luna just giggled again - "Yes, it's a test to find out how fast can you come to me and get a hug. But it will be absolutely fine if you don't want it - I'm not going to force you to do something you don't want to do"

Source wasn't sure what to do, something felt strangely off. But she decided to approach the Princess.

Once she was close enough to Luna and Source was just a few inches away from the princess, she felt the princess' hooves wrap around her and pulling her in an embrace.

"There you go!" - Luna exclaimed - "is it not better than just dreaming of being hugged by me?"

Source froze. She couldn't believe that one of Equestria's rulers and the ruler of the dream realm was hugging her. But she decided to go with the flow and hugged back the princess.

"I see you enjoy this" - the princess said, stroking Source's mane

"I...really like this. It's way better to be hugged in real life" - Source replied

What surprised Source Code was when Princess Luna teleported them both to Luna's chamber. They both laid down on a bed, with Source Code being a little spoon.

"I will be honest with you" - Luna paused for a while before she resumed speaking - "I was kind of looking forward to this moment, just you and me in a hug"

"But why?" - Source asked confused

"Because aside from being a princess, I'm also a living pony who, just like you, and like everyone else, needs some affection"

"That makes sense. And why did you choose me to snuggle, it's not because I don't like it, I'm just curious" - Source stated

"It's for two reasons - one is..." - Luna stopped for a moment, before whispering into the mare's ear - "...that you're beautiful..."

Source Code blushed. She never thought her looks were even remotely good, and now the Princess told her that she's beautiful.

"...and the second reason is your personality. While other ponies with comparable skills or knowledge to you are often just impolite, arrogant, and looking down on others, you are completely different - modest, caring and friendly" - Princess Luna said and nuzzled Source's ear, making it twitch gently

"Yeah, I'm just treating others like I want to be treated." - she explained

"You're a good pony" - Luna said and gave Source a peck on the cheek

There was another brief moment of silence before Source Code spoke

"I still can't believe this is happening in the real world. Did I fall asleep in my office?"

Princess Luna giggled and gave Source a playful squeeze - "No, this is the real world. You're really snuggling with me"

"Um..Would that be okay if I turned around to face you?" - Source asked

"Of course!" - Luna replied

Source Code quickly turned around and her eyes met Luna's own

"Hello" - Luna said smiling and covered the smaller mare with her wing

Source just smiled and yawned, burying her face into Luna's soft chest fur

"Are we sleepy?" - Princess asked

"Yes, it's been a tiring day. But if I fall asleep then sorry" - she replied

"It won't be a problem, I'm not going to force you to stay awake" - Luna said

Source Code just smiled again and blissfully closed her eyes. In a no time she drifted off.

Sleep well Source, you deserve it - Luna thought

Author's Note:

Well, it's been a long time since my last fanfiction, so the beginning is good, but the closer to the end of this fanfic, the worse it might get

If anyone cares, the reason why haven't I written any fanfic until now was because I was too busy - I had school, qualification exams, driving lessons, work, and now demanding studies, etc., but also I had severe mental issues I needed to deal with

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment