• Published 29th Mar 2023
  • 769 Views, 54 Comments

Friendship is Magic: Jurassic Park - Triple B Studios

  • ...
4
 54
 769

Chapter 17: Quick Save

George passed the Gallimimus Gift Shop featuring a whole assembly of toys and various collectables with the ‘Jurassic Park’ logo. He soon entered a darkened restaurant, the Cretaceous Café, following the source of the flickering light. A candle burned at a table just in the corner.

John Hammond sat alone at the table. A bucket of ice cream in the middle, and he was eating a dish of it, staring down morosely. George drew up to the table and Hammond glanced up at him. His eyes were puffy, his hair messed up – for the first time seeing him, George could see the fire had diminished from his eyes.

“They were all melting,” Hammond said.

George nodded in understanding as he took his seat. There was a pause for a few minutes between the two, until Hammond broke it.

“You know the first… attraction I ever built when I came down from Scotland?” Hammond explained. “Was a Flea Circus, Petticoat Lane. Really quite wonderful. We had a wee trapeze, a roundabout – a merry-go – what you call it?”

“Carousel,” George answered.

“A carousel – and a seesaw,” Hammond nodded, reminiscing. “They all moved, motorized of course, but people would swear they could see the fleas. ‘I see the fleas, mummy! Can’t you see the fleas?’. Clown fleas, high wire fleas, fleas on parade…”

While the old man trailed off, George looked on. He wasn't sure what state the elderly man was in, but he kept quiet as Hammond rambled on.

“But with this place, I – I wanted to show them something that wasn’t an illusion, something that was real. Something they could… see and touch. An aim not devoid of merit.”

“But you can’t think through this one, John,” George shook his head. “You have to feel it.”

Hammond chuckled and briefly smiled before it fell.

“You’re right, you are absolutely right,” Hammond nodded. “Hiring Nedry was a mistake, that’s obvious. We’re overdependent on automation, I can see that now. Now, the next time, everything’s correctable.”

“Mr. Hammond…” George closed his eyes.

“Creation is an act of sheer will,” Hammond continued. “Next time, it’ll be flawless.

“Mr. Hammond, you’re still building onto that Flea Circus,” George argued. “It’s all an illusion. But instead of removing yourself from said illusion, you’re just adding onto it by what you’re doing on this island.”

“Mark my words, George. When we have control again, we –” Hammond began.

George silenced Hammond by pointing his finger at him.

“You see that? That right there—that’s the problem. You never had control; that’s the illusion,” George said. “Like the others you brought here, I too was overwhelmed by the power of this place. But… I made a mistake too. I didn’t have enough respect for that power, and it’s out now.”

George spread his arms.

“Look around, Hammond. Our people are trying their best to get here and you’re just sitting here trying to pick up the pieces! But you’re failing to realize that there’s nothing worth picking up.” George sighed before continuing. “The only thing that matters now are the people that are hopefully still alive. Dr. Grant, Dr. Sattler, Dr. Malcolm, Lex, Tim, Carter, Regis, Weller… even the equestrians… John, they’re out there, where people are dying.”

There was a long pause. For a moment Hammond avoided his gaze. But eventually, he did look up at him, and even George could see that his face was different. After saying his piece, George reached out and took a spoon out of one of the buckets of ice cream and licked it.

“It’s good…” George nodded with a smile.

Then finally, the unhappy irony of what Hammond was about to say finally hit home.

“Spared no expense.”

Applejack’s world blurred around her as she charged mindlessly past an endless expanse of trees. The tyrannosaurus bellowed tremendously from behind. The mighty behemoth crashed through the jungle, branches cracked and snapped beneath its bulk. Each methodic footstep made the floor shake, intensifying the already overwhelming situation.

Applejack ran madly through the dripping wet thickets, her face strained with panic. Her natural instincts had taken over, leaving her with no choice but to flee. There was no fighting or hiding; running was her only option. Applejack became increasingly disoriented and lost, straying far from her friends back at the main road. Applejack refused to look back, but she could still sense the dinosaur’s presence.

The T. rex roared with seismic force as it barreled after her through the forest. The rising humidity smothered the cow-mare, her legs bowed, she had been running for what felt like hours and her body was failing her. Applejack proceeded to sprint through the forest, jumping over logs and rocks.

Her vision’s pulse by their throbbing heart-beats. Hundreds of animals were squawking and screaming, tearing apart the treetops as they fled. They were intoxicated by their adrenaline. The crusaders had never exerted herself so vigorously in their lives.

Applejack perceived the conclusion of the forest a few meters beyond a cluster of trees. She came to a halt at the edge of a precipice, and her heart was pounding with trepidation. She peered over the edge and the sight that greeted her was nothing short of breathtaking. The river rushed nearly sixty feet below. The opposite river bank was a waning moon surrounded by mangroves.

The ferocious howl of the tyrannosaur reached Applejack’s ears. She finally glanced over her shoulder towards the end of the forest where the bushes were being smashed through. The sight that met her eyes was that of the tyrannosaur. its jaws spread wide, and its teeth glinting in the moonlight.

Applejack looked back down at the river below and leaped off the cliff. She screamed as gravity wrenched them down. Applejack caught a glimpse of the sky as she fell; charcoal clouds covered the sky as icy needles of rain pecked her face.

It was then that Applejack saw the tyrannosaur had lost its footing and was falling in after her.

Applejack screamed and knifed into the icy water with a frosty splash. She plummeted akin to a stone and slowly bobbed to the surface. Applejack broke through the muffled silence of the water and heard the loud scream of the tyrannosaurus. A shadow fell over the river and the T. rex crashed in with the force of a falling boulder. The river surged and Applejack was dragged underwater towards the thrashing behemoth.

The current pulled Applejack into a whirlpool around the tyrannosaur’s swinging skull. Applejack kicked, and the T. rex caught her in its sights. It snapped at her, cracking its jaws shut just as Applejack was dragging beneath the waves. The world turned muffled and dark. Applejack’s eyes opened to see the tyrannosaur’s short arms slashing feebly.

The T. rex’s head burst beneath the waves and its jaws slammed shut a foot away from Applejack. Bubbles jetted from between its teeth. The force rolled Applejack backwards and she caught a glimpse of the behemoth’s kicking legs.

Applejack kicked to the surface and gasped for air. With her lungs refilled to the brim, she reached for her Stetson, placed it back on her head, and turned towards the shoreline with a kick. The second Applejack reached the shore, she sprinted forward and ran deeper into the forest. She dodged tree after tree, and jumped root after root.

At last her strength began to fade. Her sprinting became a gallop, her gallop a trot. Finally, she had to stop completely. She was panting like crazy. Her chest rose and fell as each breath she took burned through her lungs.

She was tired… so tired.

“Hey!”

Applejack snapped her head up. A black man was hanging on a branch with one hand. His other hand outstretched towards her. The man donned blue jeans, a red crew neck sweatshirt, his feet encased with brown boots with the laces tied together in a loose bow, and his black braided hair hung loosely in a ponytail.

Applejack blinked in surprise. She recognized this man: it was Andre Weller.

“Come on, take my hand!” Andre shouted.

Applejack leapt in the air and wrapped her hoof around Andre’s hand. She wrapped her arms around the man’s neck, and Andre began climbing up the tree. Once they reached the top, Applejack pulled her arms away and set her hooves down.

From far below, she can hear the T. rex roaring from far away.

Applejack shifted her gaze and saw Nedry sitting six feet away from her. He was shivering from head to toe, and Applejack noticed some weird foam on his shirt. His eyes were widened and his pupils purely white. It was almost as if the chubby man’s eyes rolled behind his head.

“What in tarnation?” Applejack was shocked. “What happened to ya..?”

Andre sat down close to Applejack and glanced at her.

“We were attacked,” Andre replied, turning his gaze towards the whimpering fat man. “Attack by some dinosaur; I don’t know what kind it was, but it spat at him and caused him to go blind. We both managed to escape but I didn’t want to continue forward with the possibility that it might find us again. So… that’s why we’re up here.”

Applejack parted her lips to ask, until she and the two men went silent upon hearing a powerful thump.

“W-What was that..?” Nedry stuttered, his tone gripped by terror.

“Shh!” Andre hissed, briefly bringing his finger over his lips before pulling it down.

Applejack and Andre shifted their gaze at the trees’ edge. Something was breathing heavily from over the precipice. The sound was akin to wind rushing through a cave. Applejack and Andre peered over the trees’ edge and caught their breaths when they saw the T. rex standing next to their tree.

The twenty foot tall behemoth slowly circled the clearing. The earth’s floor shook with each methodic footstep. Applejack and Andre felt their minds retract into a primordial lizard’s brain, one only of sensation and reaction. They couldn’t comprehend what they were seeing.

The footsteps stopped and the behemoth hesitated. Applejack and Andre held their breath; hopefully it won’t look up. The air shifted towards the trio, so they were downwind of the beast. It couldn’t smell them, but Applejack was struck by a wave of stench thick with decay and rot. She choked back bile.

If they were downwind, they might be safe. Applejack couldn’t conjure anything other than the hope that they might be safe. All other thoughts had left her.

The tyrannosaurus pushed its snout through the clearing and into the canopy. Its maw hovered high above the forest floor. Stripes of moonlight were painted across its leathery skin. The jaws were big enough to swallow a man whole, and the teeth were like serrated blades.

The behemoth lifted its head and sniffed the air. Its powerful chest chugged with each breath like a mighty engine. Nostrils flexed open and close on the bulbous end of its snout. A deep growl rumbled from the creature’s chest, and the tree tops shivered.

The creature stride deeper inside the jungle and walk away, into the depths of the forest.
Applejack and Andre watched in silence as the tyrannosaur moved through the jungle, as agile as a bird, away and into the darkness. The footsteps gave way to silence.

After a few minutes, the jungle returned to life. Applejack and Andre listened to the nocturnal animals, familiar animals, and the pair exhaled. Their eyes glared white and their entire bodies were shaking. While Andre crawled back to where he originally sat, Applejack stood up and looked around; there weren’t any other towering monsters or other predators nearby.

As long as they stay high up in this tree, they’ll be safe.

For now at least.

Tim Murphy gradually regained consciousness. He was laying in the Land Cruiser with his cheek against the car door handle. The desire for sleep overwhelmed him, but as he shifted, the pain in his cheekbone against the metal door reminded him of his current state. His entire body throbbed with pain, particularly his head, which pulsed with a relentless pounding. The intensity of the pain only heightened his longing for sleep.

He pushed himself up on one elbow, opened his eyes, and retched, vomiting all over his shirt. He tasted sour bile and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand. His head throbbed; he felt dizzy and seasick, as if the world were moving, as if he were rocking back and forth on a boat.

Tim groaned, and rolled onto his back, turning away from the puddle of vomit. The pain in his head made him breathe in short, shallow gasps. And he still felt sick, as if everything were moving. He opened his eyes and looked around, trying to get his bearings.

He was inside the Land Cruiser. But the car must have flipped over on its side, because he was lying on his back against the passenger door, looking up at the steering wheel and beyond, at the branches of a tree, moving in the wind. The rain had nearly stopped, but water drops still fell on him through the broken front windshield.

He stared curiously at the fragments of glass. He couldn’t recall how the windshield had broken. Nor couldn’t he remember anything except that they had been parked on the road and he had been talking to Dr. Grant when the tyrannosaur came toward them. That was the last thing he remembered.

Tim clasped a hand over his mouth. He felt sick again, and closed his eyes until the nausea passed. He was aware of a rhythmic creaking sound, like the rigging of a boat. Dizzy and sick to his stomach, he really felt as if the whole car were moving beneath him. But when he opened his eyes again, he saw it was true—the Land Cruiser was moving, lying on its side, swaying back and forth.

The whole car was moving.

Tim tentatively rose to his feet. Standing on the passenger door, he peered over the dashboard, looking out through the shattered windshield. At first he saw only dense foliage, moving in the wind. But here and there he could see gaps, and beyond the foliage, the ground was—

Tim’s eyes grew large and his stomach plummeted.

The ground was twenty feet below him.

Tim stared uncomprehendingly. His legs began to shake. The Land Cruiser was lying on its side in the branches of a large tree, twenty feet above the ground, swaying back and forth in the wind.

Oh man, Tim thought, how am I gonna get down?

Tim stood on his tiptoes and peered out, trying to see better, grabbing the steering wheel for support. The wheel spun free in his hand, and with a loud crack the Land Cruiser shifted position, dropping a few feet in the branches of the tree. He looked down through the shattered glass of the passenger-door window at the ground below.

Oh man, oh man, Tim thought, oh crap, oh crap.

Another loud crack—the Land Cruiser jolted down another foot.

He had to get out of here.

“Tim!”

Tim paused.

Was… was that Twilight’s voice?

He heard multiple footsteps and looked down. Three shapes approached below him. A smile graced upon Tim’s lips when he recognized them. Twilight, Dr. Grant, and Dr. Malcolm glanced up at Tim. They looked happy to see he was okay but also worried.

“I’m here, Mrs. Sparkle!” Tim called, waving his hand.

“Just hang in there, Tim!” Twilight returned. “I’m gonna get you down!”

“How?!” Tim was confused.

From below there was a flash and the lavender blur vanished. In an instant, Tim was assaulted by a bright light that prompted him to shield his eyes. But the light faded as quickly as it had appeared. He brought his arm down to his side, and was shocked when he found Twilight Sparkle standing next to him.

“Hey… are you okay?” Twilight asked, concerned.

“I threw up…” Tim answered weakly.

“That’s okay,” Twilight nodded understandingly. “Listen, just grab onto me. I’ll get us down.”

Tim raised one finger to internally tell Twilight to wait. He climbed through the shattered front windshield into the Land Cruiser and found the night-vision goggles, and the radio. The radio was broken and silent, so he left it behind. But the goggles still worked. He put said goggles over his head, almost without thinking.

Eventually, Tim crouched down and placed his hand on Twilight’s back. Before Tim could prepare himself, his world was engulfed in a flash of purple light. One moment, he and Twilight were high on top of the tree, and in a flash he was now standing before Dr. Grant and Dr. Malcolm.

Grant got down to one knee and placed his hand on Tim’s shoulder.

“Hey Tim… are you alright?” Grant asked, his tone laced with concern.

“Could’ve been better, Dr. Grant…” Tim replied weakly.

Grant, Twilight, and Malcolm stared at Tim with concern. Tim’s nose was swollen and painful; the trio suspected it was broken. His right shoulder was badly bruised and swollen. But his legs seemed to be alright, the kid could walk. That was the important thing.

A terrible realization dawned on Tim.

Lex was not among the trio.

“Hey, wait a minute… where’s Lex?” Tim asked, his face strained with panic. Grant raised both of his hands.

“It’s alright, your sister’s okay,” Grant reassured Tim. “We left her in Carter’s care. Come on, we’ll take you to her.”

Tim flicked his goggles on. He saw the reassuringly familiar phosphorescent green image. Wearing the goggles, he saw the battered fence off to his left, and walked toward it. The fence was twelve feet high, but the tyrannosaur had flattened it easily. Something pale by the side of the road caught Tim’s eye. It was Lex’s baseball.

Tim followed the trio and started to hear someone whimpering. It was faint, and it was coming from somewhere farther up the road. A smile graced his lips once he finally saw Lex.
She was curled up inside a big one-meter drainage pipe that ran under the road. She had her baseball glove in her mouth and she was rocking back and forth, banging her head repeatedly against the back of the pipe. It was dark in there, but he could see her clearly with his goggles. She seemed unhurt, and he felt a great burst of relief.

Carter was also sitting inside the pipe. She had her Stetson hat back on her head. Her hand firmly placed on Lex’s shoulder, gazing at the little girl with genuine concern.

Twilight stepped up to Lex and smiled.

“Lex, we found your brother. He’s right here.” Twilight said, gesturing her head at the boy. Lex didn’t respond.

Tim walked past Twilight and stood outside of the pipe.

“Lex, it’s me. Tim.” Tim whispered gently. Lex didn’t answer as she continued to bang her head on the pipe.

“Come on out.”

She shook her head no. He as well as everyone else could see she was badly frightened.

“Lex,” he said, “if you come out, I’ll let you wear these night goggles.”

She just shook her head.

“Look what I have,” he said, holding up his hand. She stared uncomprehendingly. It was probably too dark for her to see. “It’s your ball, Lex. I found your ball.”

“So what.”

Tim tried another approach. “It must be uncomfortable in there. Cold, too. Wouldn’t you like to come out?”

She resumed banging her head against the pipe.

“Why not?”

“There’s animals out there.”

Tim blinked bewilderingly at Lex. That threw him for a moment. She hadn’t said “animals” for years.

“The animals are gone, sweetie,” Carter reassured her.

Lex still didn’t move. They heard her banging again. Tim sat down in the grass outside the pipe, where she could see him. The ground was wet where he sat. He hugged his knees and waited. He couldn’t think of anything else to do.

“I’m just going to sit here,” he said. “And rest.”
“Is Daddy out there?” Lex asked.

“No,” he answered, feeling strange. “He’s back at home, Lex.”

“Is Mommy?”

“No, Lex.”

“…Applejack?”

Tim blinked in surprise. He stood upright and looked around; he couldn’t find the cow-mare anywhere.

“Now that you’ve mentioned it… where is Applejack?” Tim asked, shifting his gaze at the two adults and lavender equestrian.

Twilight frowned at the ground.

“Applejack led the tyrannosaurus away,” Twilight replied, looking back at Tim. “It all happened while you were unconscious.”

Lex glanced at Twilight over her shoulder.

“Will Applejack be okay..?” Lex asked, looking at Twilight with hopeful eyes. Twilight shifted her gaze towards Lex and smiled.

“Yeah, Applejack’s been through worse. If there’s one thing I know about her, it's that she’s a brave pony,” Twilight replied. “So don’t worry Lex, I’m sure you’ll see her again down the road.”

Lex stared at Twilight for a moment. She briefly glanced at the dirty pipe floor before finally exiting out of said pipe. Shivering with cold, and with dried blood on her forehead, but otherwise all right. Carter trailed after Lex and stood upright beside her.

Carter turned at Twilight.

“So what now?” Carter asked.

“Well, our first priority is to get ourselves back to civilization,” Twilight replied.

“And we’ve got to tell them about the ship.” Grant added.

“We’re the only ones who know?” Tim inquired.

“Yes. We’ve got to get back and tell them.” Grant answered.

“Then let’s walk down the road toward the hotel,” Malcolm suggested, jabbing his thumb down the hill. “That way we’ll meet them when they come for us.”

Grant cupped his chin and hummed in thought. He considered that idea, and he kept thinking about one thing: the dark shape that had crossed between the Land Cruisers even before the attack started. What animal had that been? He could think of only one possibility: the little tyrannosaur.

“I don’t think so, Ian. The road has high fences on both sides,” Grant said. “If one of the tyrannosaurs is farther down on the road, we’ll be trapped.”

“Then should we wait here?” Tim asked.
“Yes,” Grant replied. “Let’s just wait here until someone comes.”

Carter glanced at the narrow road.

“I honestly don’t think anyone’s coming,” Carter said, turning her gaze back at Grant. “And do you guys really want to stand out here in the open? How do we know that the tyrannosaurus wasn’t the only one that got loose?”

“I’m hungry,” said Lex.

“Me too kid, me too,” Malcolm said.

“I hope it won’t be very long,” Grant said.

“I don’t want to stay here,” Lex said.

Grant blinked upon remembering something.
“Say, that thing you did earlier Twilight, was that magic I assume?” Grant asked, looking at Twilight curiously.

“Oh, yes that was my magic,” Twilight replied. “The one I used earlier to get Tim down was teleportation magic; it’s a transfer of matter or energy from one point to another without traversing the physical space between them.”

“Well, uh, that’s quite interesting.” Malcolm said.

Carter parted her lips to curiously ask the lavender unicorn but shut it immediately when she and the others heard someone coughing from the bottom of the hill.

“Stay here,” Grant said. He ran forward, to look down the hill. Malcolm, Twilight, and Carter trailed after him.

“Stay here,” Tim echoed, and he ran forward after him.

Lex followed her brother. “Don’t leave me, don’t leave me here, you guys—”

Carter clapped her hand over Lexs’ mouth. She struggled to protest. Carter shook her head, and pointed over the hill, for her to look.
At the bottom of the hill, Twilight saw Ed Regis, standing rigid, unmoving. The forest around them had become deadly silent. The steady background drone of cicadas and frogs had ceased abruptly. There was only the faint rustle of leaves, and the whine of the wind.

Lex started to speak, but Carter pulled her against the trunk of the nearest tree, ducking down among the heavy gnarled roots at the base. Tim, Malcolm, Grant, and Twilight came in right after them. Carter put her hands to her lips, signaling them to be quiet, and then she slowly looked around the tree.

The road below was dark. The branches of the big trees moved in the wind, filtering the moonlight through a dappled, shifting pattern. Ed Regis was gone. It took Grant and Twilight a moment to locate him. The publicist was pressed up against the trunk of a big tree, hugging it. Regis wasn’t moving at all.

The forest remained silent.

Lex tugged impatiently at Carter’s shirt; she wanted to know what was happening. Then, from somewhere very near, they heard a soft snorting exhalation, hardly louder than the wind. Lex heard it, too, because she stopped struggling.

The sound floated toward them again, soft as a sigh. Grant thought it was almost like the breathing of a horse.

Grant looked at Regis, and saw the moving shadows cast by the moonlight on the trunk of the tree. And then Grant realized there was another shadow, superimposed on the others, but not moving: a strong curved neck, and a square head.

The exhalation came again.

Tim leaned forward cautiously, to look. Lex and Carter did, too.

Malcolm gulped down a lump in trepidation.

They heard a crack as a branch broke, and into the path stepped a tyrannosaur. It was the juvenile: about eight feet tall, and it moved with the clumsy gait of a young animal, almost like a puppy. The juvenile tyrannosaur shuffled down the path, stopping with every step to sniff the air before moving on.

It passed the tree where Regis was hiding, and gave no indication that it had seen him. Grant and Twilight saw Regis’s body relax slightly. Regis turned his head, trying to watch the tyrannosaur on the far side of the tree.
The tyrannosaur was now out of view down the road. Regis started to relax, releasing his grip on the tree. But the jungle remained silent. Regis remained close to the tree trunk for another half a minute.

Then the sounds of the forest returned: the first tentative croak of a tree frog, the buzz of one cicada, and then the full chorus. Regis stepped away from the tree, shaking his shoulders, releasing the tension. He walked into the middle of the road, looking in the direction of the departed tyrannosaur.

Regis let out a collective sigh. The coast was clear, hopefully now he can—

Regis yelled in surprise as he was suddenly knocked flat to the ground. He scrambled to his feet, but the tyrannosaur pounced. Pinning him with its hind leg, ensuring that its tiny prey couldn’t escape.

Regis sat up in the path shouting at the dinosaur and waving his hands at it, as if he could scare it off. The young dinosaur seemed perplexed by the sounds and movement coming from its tiny prey. The juvenile bent its head over, sniffing curiously, and Regis pounded on the snout with his fists.

“Get away! Back off! Go on, back off!” Regis shouted at the top of his lungs, and the dinosaur backed away, allowing Regis to get to his feet. “Yeah! You heard me! Back off! Get away!”

Regis retreated backwards away from the dinosaur. The juvenile continued to stare curiously at the odd, noisy little animal before it. However, when Regis had gone a few paces, it lunged and knocked him down again.

It’s playing with him, Grant thought.

“Hey!” Regis shouted as he fell, but the juvenile did not pursue him, allowing him to get to his feet. He jumped to his feet, and continued backing away. “You stupid—back! Back! You heard me—back!” He shouted like a lion tamer.

The juvenile roared, but it did not attack, and Regis now edged toward the trees and high foliage to the right. In another few steps he would be in hiding.

“Back! You! Back!” Regis shouted, and then, at the last moment, the juvenile pounced, and knocked Regis flat on his back. “Cut that out!”

Upon watching the scene unfolding far from her, Twilight’s eyes widened when she realized: it’s gonna eat him!

Twilight leapt out of the foliage in a spring and sprinted towards Ed Regis and the dinosaur. Grant and the other’s shouts went deaf ears to the lavender unicorn. Her horn lit up, magic shrouding around it, and she teleported herself off from the road—standing beside the terrified Ed Regis. Before Regis could even react, Twilight teleported herself and him away from the snapping jaws of the juvenile. The pair reappeared before the group as Regis fell to his knees while Twilight had fallen on all fours, breathing heavily.

Twilight lifted her head to gaze at Regis. Her lips parted but no words were uttered. Her eyes flickered, her vision began to blur and she promptly fell to the ground, unconscious.

“Mrs. Sparkle!” Shouted Tim as he and the group gathered around her.

His night-vision goggles slipped from his forehead and landed on the ground with a metallic clink.

The juvenile’s head snapped up, and it looked toward the top of the hill.

Malcolm immediately got down and picked Twilight up in his arms. He hurriedly retreated backwards, not taking his eyes off of the juvenile.

“Come on, come on, come on! We gotta get out of here!” Malcolm hissed. “Now, now, right now!”

Tim picked up his goggles as Carter grabbed both the children’s hands and began to run.

Comments ( 6 )

Twilight leapt out of the foliage in a spring and sprinted towards Ed Regis and the dinosaur. Grant and the other’s shouts went deaf ears to the lavender unicorn. Her horn lit up, magic shrouding around it, and she teleported herself off from the road—standing beside the terrified Ed Regis. Before Regis could even react, Twilight teleported herself and him away from the snapping jaws of the juvenile. The pair reappeared before the group as Regis fell to his knees while Twilight had fallen on all fours, breathing heavily.

Wow, first Nedry and now Ed Regis. On one hand, it’s positive that they made it out alive. But on the other hand, I’m still getting that feeling neither of the two won’t escape death a second time.

So the coward lives to repent, does he? I'm sure Lex is gonna be pissed at him.

I’m really loving this story! :pinkiehappy: Though I have to ask is Twilight just nerfed in this AU?

11828678

I wouldn’t say she’s nerfed. There’ll be an explanation as to why she passed out in future chapters.

11828678

11828784
Twilight is still a Unicorn in this fic, so her magic isn't on the same level as the Alicorn we're familiar with.

Oh Author, my Author, wherefore art thou my Author?

Login or register to comment