• Published 24th Sep 2012
  • 7,607 Views, 474 Comments

Not so Friendly Prank - chaos2012



Pranks are funny, to a certain degree.

  • ...
30
 474
 7,607

Hello Auntie

Dear Aunt Celestia,

I wanted to send you this message to thank you for the gifts you gave us for our Anniversary last week, We really loved them. Especially box of Saddle Arabian chocolate. The flavor was wonderful! (Just so you know, you should replace the pieces you took out, Auntie. Almost half the box was gone before we even opened it.)

I also wanted to send this letter to let you know I am coming back to the castle tomorrow for the big meeting that is happening. I just hope Shining can manage the Empire up here on his own. He gets so worked up just like he did back as a private. Ha ha. I guess some ponies just don't change.

I hope to be there by noon or earlier. See you Soon!

With Love, Mi Amore Cadenza

PS: Can you keep Discord out of my room this time? last time he stuck a baby cragadile in my tub.

Cadance smiled as she set the quill down on her desk and reread the letter. "Alright, I think that's good enough."

In a wisp of her blue aura, the letter disintegrated and flew out the window towards Canterlot Palace. Turning to her right, the pink alicorn smiled seeing the pony she married walk inside. "Shining, there you are."

"Hey honey, nice to see you too." Shining responded as he came over and gave his wife a quick kiss. "How are you?"

"Good. Actually have to go get ready now."

"Huh?" shining raised his eyebrow as his wife began to trot towards their bedroom down the hallway. "Where are you going?"

"I have to go back to Canterlot for the annual political summit, remember?"

Shining Armor just gave a blank expression like a colt that didn't study for the test. "Uhh... no?"

"Well, it starts tomorrow and goes on for three days, so I need you to run the entire empire while I'm gone."

"Well... be careful Cadance."

Cadance stopped and turned around at the warning Shining gave her. Something about it just made her feel off. "What do you mean 'Be careful'? is Something wrong?"

The white unicorn scratched the back of his head with his hoof as he thought of how to word his sentence. "Well, some of the guards back in Canterlot still keep in touch with me just to let me know how things are. Lately, they said it has been... Weird."

Cadance lifted an eyebrow in curiosity. "Weird?"

"Yeah. They said Discord has been making a lot of big jokes and pranks around the castle lately."

"Aaaaaand... How is that weird?"

"That's not it. They said the princesses are all doing it too. Even Twiley supposedly got Luna the other day."

the crystal princesses face seemed locked like a statue for what seemed like a full minute, not even blinking once. Shining began to grow concerned about what the heck was wrong with her. "Honey? you... okay?" before he could come any closer though, she burst out laughing. "What-what's so funny?"

"T-t-Twilight is pranking!? HAHHAA!" Cadance was laughing so hard she was tearing up. "That is so good! I have always wondered when she would grow a joking sense of humor! Maybe this visit will be fun!"

Shining simply let his jaw fall open as his wife spun around and happily hopped down the hallway. "But... what if you get pranked bad?"

"Cadance turned her head and gave a surprisingly sinister grin. "Well, maybe they should meet the pony who got the entire Canterlot High Hoofball team then."

Just hearing that statement sent a chill crawling up Shining's spine as his memories kicked in. "That wasn't funny! I still have sore spots from that glue in my helmet!"