• Published 24th Sep 2012
  • 7,607 Views, 474 Comments

Not so Friendly Prank - chaos2012



Pranks are funny, to a certain degree.

  • ...
30
 474
 7,607

Wrong place at the wrong time

Coming through the doors of the castle, the purple alicorn trotted into the shining corridor. Her golden horseshoes clacked against the tile as she made we way towards a guard standing by a doorway. The stallion turned when he heard the approaching pony, immediately standing at attention. "Princess Twilight. I see you made it on time.

Twilight smiled happily. "You know, old habits kinda stick. Always made sure I was on time when I was a student."

The guard pony couldn't help but grin a little. He had been a guard since Twilight was just a filly and first came to the castle. It still amazed him how he had watched this pony grow into a young mare and then become one of the princesses. "Yes princess. I do recall that."

Giggling, Twilight trotted past him towards the door and pushed it open. Inside led to the royal dining hall of the castle where several plates were spread across the table. To her surprise however the seats to the table were empty. "Excuse me, but wasn't princess Celestia supposed to be here?"

"The princess had a small delay this morning and will be a few minutes late." The guard replied. "She sent her apologies and said she will be here as soon as possible."

"Oh, well okay then." She looked back at the table and shrugged her shoulders. "I guess I will just wait here then."

"Are you sure you want to sit here? I can call for you when she arrives."

"No, it's alright. Thank you."

Nodding, the guard turned around and walked back to his post, leaving Twilight alone in the room. She trotted over to the table and pulled one of the seats out. Before she sat down in it however, she noticed the large golden chair at the end engraved with the sun in the center of the cushion. 'Huh, princess Celestia's chair.' She said to herself.

Twilight trotted over to the massive seat, admiring the size of it as it stood up above her. It was over a foot taller than the dark midnight blue seat adjacent to it despite Luna's chair already being six feet tall. Curious, the purple alicorn put her hoof on the cushion and applied some pressure. To her amazement, the cushion was perhaps the softest and most comfortable material she had ever felt, molding around her hoof like jelly. Intrigued, she felt it a little more, completely mesmerized at how comfy the seat was.

'I wonder how much she spent on this thing.' She giggled to herself. Wanting to experience the feeling, Twilight hopped up into the seat and sat down on the mat. She immediately felt the seat mold around her like a bean bag chair. "Wow, this is so soft and-

BOING!

Twilight screamed as the chair blasted her off the ground and smashed her head through the ceiling. Seconds later, a blue flash of magic appeared in the room. "Ha! You thought you were funny before when-

"Oh crap..." Luna muttered.

The blue alicorn stared up at the purple body hanging down from above. Twilight propped her hooves against the ceiling and tried to pry her head out from the drywall, but she didn't budge an inch. "Help! Somepony get me out of here!" She screamed out in a mix of shock and anger.

Luna's embarrassment showed through the bald spots on her cheeks as her skin turned a bright red. She sat still for a moment before turning about face and walking out of the dining hall. "Maybe I should go check on the guards shift."

Twilight continued to push back against the ceiling, her neck stretching like a giraffe as her head remained stuck in the hard material. "Somepony get me the buck down!"

Suddenly, a hard tug on her tail ripped her free from the top, causing her to squeak out in fright as she fell down to the ground. Shaking her dazed head, she looked up to her former teacher that stood up above her. "Princess Celestia, what the buck is going on!?"

Celestia rubbed the back of her head in embarrassment, "I think I should have told you what was going on lately."

---


"What do you mean you all prank each other now?" Twilight questioned.

Celestia let out a small sigh. "Like I explained, we all agreed that if one does a prank on another, we have the right to do one in return."

"That just sounds... Crazy." Twilight frowned as she took a sip from the cup of tea she was levitating. "Why would you act like Discord? I thought you said you didn't like his jokes?"

A blush crept across Celestia's muzzle as she thought back to her mane disappearing from her head. "That's... A story for another time."

Twilight grunted to herself. lWell, what should happen to Luna after what she did to me? Aren't you going to talk to her?"

"I could, but perhaps it would be best that you confront her about it."

Before she said anything else, Twilight cast a large grin. "Of maybe I could do a prank back now."

Celestia cocked an eyebrow at the statement. "Excuse me?"

I mean, if you all do pranks, why shouldn't I do one? That will be the perfect way to make us even!" Her grin disappeared at the blank stare she received from her mentor. "What's wrong? Isn't that what you would do?"

"Well, yes Twilight. It's just... I don't think you have that kind of personality for that."

Twilight tilted her head. "Personality?"

Celestia shrugged her shoulders. "I should say... Humor."

"What?" Twilight frowned. "I can be funny." She looked around for something to prove her point before noticing the crown on her head. Lifting it up, she levitated it upside down and placing it back on her head. "See, look! I can be funny!"

Celestia stared at her former student, resisting the sudden urge to just Facehoof herself at the attempt.