• Published 31st Dec 2022
  • 215 Views, 4 Comments

The CMC and the great shut-in caper - PennyDreadful



The CMC prepare for Nightmare Night, and do their best to help a local weirdo find himself. Contains worldbuilding rambling.

  • ...
 4
 215

footnotes

[1] Twilight was rather infamous for her fastidious keeping of the library. Typically all was well, but if she was understimulated for a while… Well, more than one slow-reading pony had been rudely awakened at the exact crack of sunrise. (“The Princess has officially started the day at that point! Not rude!”)

[2] Pinkie wasn’t very good with the new candy moulds yet.

[3] Due to amusing circumstance, Princess Luna had the full stage the first year she returned. Cherilee, hoping to spend the night on a date, had asked Rarity to fill in for her, and the dressmaker had been all too pleased to accept. However, ‘Nightmare Rarity’ failed to show, as she had gotten far too wrapped up in repairing and bedazzling the well-worn Nightmare Moon costume, thus leaving the visiting princess to unknowingly take the job of frightening the foals.

[4] Vegetables plural. Equestria is not married to the pumpkin-based jack o’ lantern in the way others are. Certainly, they’re popular, but the origins of the tradition are a bit stronger. Wandering the streets of Ponyville on Nightmare night, one would be likely to see Jack o’ lanterns made of Pumpkins, but a great multitude also carved out of apples, turnips, potatoes, squash, and other-such vittles. Sugarcube corner, as always, had a joyous display of carved sugar-beets and sweet potatoes… which were guaranteed to go missing one by one over the course of the night as mischievous foals and peckish ponies filched little nibbles that slowly added up, and certain pink-coated fiends took less little ones.

[5] Daring Do was always popular, and she was joined this year by the pony in the hockey mask from that one horror panto that had done the traveling show circuit recently. There was also, as usual, a lot of Princess Twilight Sparkle costumes… but Ponyville was, reasonably, notably bereft of the years most popular group costume: Sexy elements of harmony.

[6]

Comments ( 4 )

Masterpiece
...I haven't even read it yet.

I'm glad to see another Gaijin Hikikomori like My self.

Why does this story not have more love? Seriously, it's very underrated.

Is this a bad time of the year for stories on FIMfiction or something?

11472434
Beats me. I presume it’s because I uploaded it with no cover image and a bad title.
Also it’s a Halloween story and I uploaded it on New Years. That might have something to do with it.

this is so underrated :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment