• Published 30th Aug 2022
  • 231 Views, 10 Comments

Deuces - IronTitan



When a good 'ol southern boy gets thrown into the middle of a world at war with Z's he'll help with 2½tons of cold American steel.

  • ...
11
 10
 231

Chapter one

The meeting

"So y'all er' tellin me y'all need me to drive my happy ass to where y'all said, an' bring your princess here to the safe zone ah helped y'all make".
Boss looked around at the six mares he wound up helping build a wall for some protection until they could upgrade it later.

"Yes that is correct John, but it's important that they get here safe we don't want them getting infected". Twilight spoke up to the man sitting on the truck bed.

"Sugarcube here's the deal, you help us, we help you an' ah know the perfect thing for you". Applejack looked at him a bit annoyed, but grateful he had save her, family, and friends.

He sat back, and raised an eyebrow at the anthropomorphic mare, and nodded his head showing he was listening.
"Since your Deuce, or whatever it's called, is better built, and equipped to get them here safely, mah' family is willin' ta give you three bottles of our family's hard cider deal"?

He thought for a second, then looked at the rest of the mane six, after contemplating the situation he sighed.
"Fine but sparkle butt needs to make me more ammo for the .50 cal, and the M60, but I want something to be made known after you get the cure. I want a plot of land for myself, and open trade to any country, and town for my crops".

Twilight looked at the others, and shrugged before answering him.
"If you get the princess back safe, and sound I'll talk to them about it, and the ammo as you call it is waiting for you already.

Boss nodded his head, and around his truck, and got in the driver seat wondering how he ever found himself in the situation, or on this planet for that matter.

Several hours earlier•

Boss drove through the city to the nearby forest he made a small base of operations in with some booze he got from an abandoned store, and medical supplies.
He looked back at his little raid, and knew his plan he was driving home after he got his trailer hooked up.
He turned on the radio listening to a country station he liked humming wordlessly along as he drove to a place in the city he had secured.

He hummed along with the song as the monster of a truck drove down the streets the snow plow on the front tearing through cars, and the undead.
He never figured out what really happened, the whole dead rising from the grave thing, maybe it was an infected burger, or some shit he didn't care.

Nearby forest half a hour later•

He pulled up to his little trailer, and called out to his dog.
"Winchester come ere' boy".

He watched as the chocolate labrador ran up to him tail wagging the femur that he pulled off of an undead in his mouth.
"Atta boy Winchester, now get in the truck we need to move now".

Winchester barked at Boss once, then jumped into the open truck door, and sat in the passenger seat.
Boss shook his head, chuckling to himself, as he loaded up everything he could into the back of the truck, then the trailer.
When he had everything he needed set up, and the trailer hooked up he drove off through the forest.
He plugged his phone into the auxiliary plug, and played some music after every station on the radio had only white noise he listened to music, and drove smoking a joint made from some of the plants he had in his trailer.

They didn't get halfway out of the forest when he noticed something odd the truck was shaking very bad, he checked the mirrors, but the tires were fine, and so was the trailer he tried to hit the brakes, but they wouldn't work he tried to cut the engine, and it wouldn't turn off, he tried to cut the steering wheel to the thing wouldn't budge as they began barreling a tree.
The next thing he knew there was a blinding light, then he slowly began to blackout.

•Meanwhile in Equestria•

The beautiful equestrian sun was shining, the sky was clear, but there was one problem that most of Ponyville were reanimated monsters standing outside Ponyville General Hospital trying to get in while the rest tried to keep them out.
"Twilight darling, are you sure this will work"?
The fashionista stood in the back with her horn glowing, cutting some shirts of a few stallions, and colts had volunteered to be used as bandages for any injured.

"Of course rarity if I'm correct this spell should allow us to cure everypony"
Twilight spoke to Rarity, as she remembered every detail of the spell.

"Well y'all better be quick ah don' know how long we can keep the doors closed".
Applejack stood with Big Mac, Applebloom, and a few other ponies struggling to keep the doors shut.

When Twilight was ready she gave everyone a warning before starting the spell.
"Ok get ready everypony here goes nothing".

The spell fired up, then there was a blinding light, then nothing, but silence ended when the undead had returned to trying to break in until they heard something growl, and not just growl there was music with it, and a loud screech followed, then the sound of the infected ponies leaving the Ponyville general assumingly heading towards the sound.

•John P.O.V•

Boss finally came too, then saw someone in front of him, he slammed the brakes, and cut the wheel left the side of the large truck screeched to a stop in the middle of the town he looked around as the music played in the speakers.
At some point it changed to something else.
The faded tan paint on the large machine stood firm as a rock the loud, heavy engine sat in idle as it ran.
The behemoth sat vibrating as the man sat in the cab with his dog looking at the place seeing blood, and some dismembered bodies laying around for all to see

"Where th' fuck am I?"
He hopped out of his truck the spurs he was wearing making a light jingling as he stepped from the cab the speakers still playing the song.

He looked at his surroundings, and saw he wasn't in the forest anymore. If anything he was in a very colorful town, but the color that seemed to be favored was red.
He took a better look around, then saw something it was group of people, but the way they moved seemed familiar, then one of them turned towards him, and he saw they were infected, and were trying to get to some survivors, now John being the god loving, red blooded American he was, he pulled up a large machete he had found, and started walking to the approaching hoard his spurs, and the leather soles of his large boots maked a clink, and tap as he approached.

Taking a good deep breath in when he saw them walking away from the building he stopped, and waited for them to get within a further distance of the building fully satisfied that if he goes down, then at least they have time to escape.
He watched the slowly upcoming monsters approach him one lingering to far ahead of the rest right into range of him.
When the time was right it lunged at him, and in one swift, and practiced motion he brought the blade of his machete up, and right through the things head with a sidestep the body crumpled behind him the blade now slick with fresh blood.

"Come on you undead fuckers I'll take ya'll with with me straight to hell!"
He let out a loud hearty yell, and ran straight into the group swinging his blade with full intention to make stop these things from hurting anyone ever again even if it kills him.
He cut off limbs, and heads the sharp blade cleaving flesh, and bone like a knife through water.

There were close calls where they would scratch through his shirt, and deep into his flesh, or they would almost get close enough to bite him, but he held his ground, and kept fighting through thinning them out slowly, but surely hacking down the original group of twenty down to a mere eight was quite helpful.

One almost got the drop on him if it wasn't for Winchester jumping out of the truck, and biting the thing on the leg severing some of it's flesh, and tendons in his bite taking it to the ground John raised the thick broad blade one last time before bringing it down on the things head killing it the last one of the small group his body soaked head to toe in blood, and sweat.

Winchester wagged his tail as he was pet, and praised blood dripping from his mouth.
"Atta boy Winchester come on let's check that place out first I need a gun I'm to tired to swing this thing again".

Winchester let out a bark, and ran up tu o the truck John stumbled over, but made it he turned off the music, and the truck was he grabbed his old M-ninetyseven shotgun, grabbing a couple belts of various shells he walked over to the building to investigate.

After a short walk he got to the building checking the place he walked up to the door, but was stopped by his dog, who started barking like crazy at the door.
He figured there maybe one that managed to infiltrate into the place he gave the door a strong kick to no avail assuming it was locked he raised the gun to his shoulder stepped back, and fired off a few shots in random places the twelve gauge 00 buckshot tearing through the door before he even tried looking in through the door he brought his foot up again, and slammed it into the door this time almost taking it off it's hinges.

He kept his gun raised high as we looked in to his shock he didn't just see people, but they had tails, horse looking ears, and hoof like feet some with horns, or even wings hell one of them looked like they had both. He saw a couple laying on the ground in pain from wood shards, and buckshot in them, others were on the ground covering their ears, or the children looking ones were cowering in fear as a small fear stood in defensive stances

"Well son of a bitch I ain't in Kansas no more".
He kept the gun up, and looked around some, then gave a whistle his dog walked up to his side as he gave another whistle, then began to sniff around the place sniffing every person in the room.

The residents of the place watched the tall thing standing in front of them as it brought a bloody hand to it's mouth, and whistled the dog ran up, and stood at it's side, then it let out another the dog lowered it's head, and began sniffing everyone, and everything in the room as the apparent stallion stood in the door way with the strange tube in his hands knowing if it could damage the door to the hospital the way it did they didn't want to find out what it would do to one of them.

Twilight watched in pure fascination as to what this male was, what it was holding, and why he was covered in blood.
Before she could decide to try, and say something maybe even ask him something she saw a cyan blur flying up to him before she could call off her friend she saw it's head turn to the pegasus mare, and the tube shifting in his arms.
And the wooden end moving from his shoulder out towards her incoming head.

Author's Note:

So I've been sitting in this one a bit, and I think everyone will like this one, so please enjoy.

Comments ( 10 )

Very hard to get through Applejack's accent. Accents are best handled with a lighter touch. Word choice rather than phonetic spelling, etc.

Also, I thought (hoped) this would be a brilliant parody of the "human soldier in Equestria" silliness. I was disappointed to see that it's a straight-up attempt at that over-worn trope.

I was hoping it would be something like "Hey, Mr. Human," Sweetie Belle said, eyes glistening with tears, "can you help us get five tons of Filly Scout cookies to Canterlot before the Coluratura concert?" Cannonball Run-parody or something.

Heck, maybe I'll write that...

I thought it would be other z

Eldorado
Moderator

You can't have copyrighted song lyrics in your story. You can embed YouTube videos if you absolutely must include the songs, but you can't write out the lyrics.

11347478
I appreciate the heads up, but on a side thing what I have is actually legal because it's not all of the lyrics only a small portion, and I changed most of it voiding the Copyright thing because in order to avoid copyright you have to change 30% of the words to void it.
But i appreciate the info.

11347438
Yeah sorry this is like I said a old one that in all honesty i wrote when i was going through my zombie phase, so sorry if it's cliché.

11346989
Yeah I was actually thinking about that accent thing, but I was using a voice thing for this, so yeah.
And as I told the other guy this is a old one I came up with a long time ago while I was going through a zombie fanatic phase.

Eldorado
Moderator

11347521
Site policy doesn't allow for it, regardless, unless it's so substantially changed that it hardly even resembles the original in anything but structure. The lyrics must go if you want the story here.

11347538
Then I'll be sure to make it my top priority to fix that thanks for the heads up I'll make the corrections ASAP.

11346989
Sorry took me a while for this, but after a lot of stuff before being able to come back, and work on this I decided to take your example to heart, and go with a different approach. Not the same idea of course that's your idea not mine, but I'll be going a different route and to be honest I don't want to continue the zombie thing it brings back some past trauma for me for this character.
But thanks for the awesome feedback.

Login or register to comment