• Published 26th Aug 2022
  • 209 Views, 2 Comments

Does Ponyville Ever Cross Your Mind - BrushyBill1881



A Twilight x Rarity Romance: Inspired by the song "Does Fort Worth Ever Cross Your Mind" by George Strait, released 1984

  • ...
 2
 209

Does Ponyville...Do I Ever Cross Your Mind?

The city of Canterlot was full of light. Every shop in the downtown was bustling with excited ponies getting their Hearth's Warming outfits for the year. Two ponies walked out a of building shaped like a massive carousel, and behind them a white unicorn mare locked the door and put up the closing sign. Rarity sighed with relief, happy that she was done for the day. "Heavens, what a busy time," she shook her head as she approached her desk, "I haven't even had time go through the week's mail." Piled high on the desk was a stack packages and envelopes that had been delivered through out the week. "Guess now is as good a time as ever to get to it."

Rarity turned off the lights in the front and sat with a small light on her desk. There was a Hearth's Warming present from her sister Sweetie Belle, a holiday card from Pinkie pie, and a plethora of greetings cards from her clients and friends. She came to the last letter in the pile. There was no return address on it and no name. "Odd," Rarity thought out loud. Using her magic she carefully opened the envelope and pulled out the paper, the first line read 'Hello Rarity.' The unicorn gasped and dropped the letter. She recognized the handwriting immediately; it was that of Twilight, her old marefriend.

Rarity stared at the piece of paper on the desk for several minutes. Her heart was swirling with confusing emotions, one part hurt and anger, the other part was sad and hopeful. She stood up from her desk and walked away. "Why would she write to me? It doesn't make sense." Looking back at the desk brought out he angry emotions. "She wasn't even there when I left. I was alone, why wasn't she there? She's the one who told me to go." The sad emotions crept in. "Why did she tell me go?" Finally the hope appeared and she walked back to her desk. Taking a deep breath she opened the letter back up and began to read.

"Hello Rarity,
You know, hot Ponyville cider isn't very good for saddness, haha. I have tried it night after night. I've been thinking about you. In another town for Hearth's Warming and I was wondering if Ponyville ever crosses your mind? I mean like a Ponyville Hearth's Warming." The first few sentences confused Rarity. She was expecting a 'how are you etc.' She returned to the writing.

"I know you're probably confused at this point about why I am writing. Well I have been thinking about the night you left or more like I left you. I know I burned a bridge and I'm sure you have as well in your spare time. But thinking about that made me realize I have good memories with you, and those don't fade so easily." Rarity let smile escape her lips.

"She's rambling," she giggled.

"You left me here to be in Canterlot, but I now know that I had hurt you at the time by telling you to go. I'm wondering selfishly now if it makes a difference but. Does Ponyville, no do I ever cross your mind?" At the bottom was Twilight's signature and the sentence "Because you are always on my mind." Attached at the bottom of the letter was the picture of her and Twilight all dress up for Hearth's Warming. Rarity put down the letter and stared at the picture. The happiness she felt when staring at it was more than she had felt since moving her business to Canterlot. Rarity brought the picture close to her and sighed happily.

"She still thinks of me."

Ponyville

It had been several week since Twilight had sent her letter to Canterlot, and ever since she had not been able to focus on anything. Hearth's Warming was a week away and she had hardly decorated the library. It was around noon that she was putting up red ribbons and some holly leaves when their came a knock at her door. Twilight jumped rushed to the door hoping it was the mail. She opened the door and was blinded for a second by the sun shinning off the snow. Her eyes adjusted and saw the mail pegasus standing there with a single envelope.

"Thank you!' she squealed, quickly took the letter and closed the door. Upon looking at the letter her heart immediately sank. She held the same envelope that she had sent out; on it was a big stamped 'Return to sender.' Twilight sighed.

"I knew it would probably be to good to be true." She placed the letter on her desk and began to climb the stairs to her room. Right as Twilight reached the top step there was another knock at the door. She didn't want to go back down, she assumed it was just more mail. Again came a knock. She waited for the mail to just be pushed through the slot, but again came the knocks. The purple mare rolled her eyes and walked down the stairs. "What could be so important that it can't wait?" She opened the door blinded again, "What did you forget?" she grumbled. A sweet voice responded.

"You darling." Twilight's heart stopped. She looked harder as her eyes adjusted. Standing before her was Rarity wrapped in a scarf topped off with a hat.

"R-R-Rarity," her name stumbled out of Twilight's mouth. Rarity smiled at her.

"Can I come in?" Twilight could only nod and stare as the white unicorn walked in. Rarity took off her hat and scarf and turned to face Twilight.

"How are you darling?"

"How am I? I send you a letter 3 weeks ago you respond with a return to sender then just show up? I don't know how I feel!" Twilight cried.

"Twilight...didn't you read the letter." Twilight's eyes looked over to the envelope and Rarity's eyes followed. Slowly Twilight floated it over to her self and opened it up. It was the letter she had sent. She peaked up at Rarity for second then back to the letter. It was all the same, but at the bottom was a kiss mark and next to it was written one word 'Yes'. Twilight let the letter slowly flutter to the floor as she stared at Rarity. Their eye's were locked in to each other's. Finally Twilight asked,

"Why are you here Rarity?" Rarity smiled sweetly at her and walked towards her.

"Because, darlin," she got close and whispered in Twilight's ear, "I'm feeling inspired."

Author's Note:

Hello Y'all
Sorry it took me so long to finish this one. I hope it inspires you all to also think on the past and how we may change the present with what we learn. Does Ponyville ever cross your mind? As always thanks to all who read and if there is a ship you want to see let me know!
See you all in the next story!
-Brushy Bill

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment