• Published 3rd Oct 2022
  • 412 Views, 2 Comments

A Day of Fun - Silver_Cloudsky27



A day of fun in the rain for Rainbow Dash and Rarity as a way for Dash to get back at her friend for what happened at the mansion.

  • ...
1
 2
 412

In The Rain

The weather in Ponyville was sunny as Rarity bought fabrics, sewing materials, and food that should be enough for a whole week. She carried them with her magic as she headed home. During her walk, the seamstress noticed a couple of pegasi gathering storm clouds for their weather schedule for tomorrow.

She wasn't sure what it was going to be exactly, but she was going to ask her friend, Rainbow Dash. She was up there helping the other weather ponies, as well.

Rarity was quite impressed by her friend for despite having a complicated and tiring schedule for the Wonderbolts, she manages to make time for her job as the weather manager in Ponyville, organizing weather schedules and clouds sent by Cloudsdale isn't easy, and also making time for her and the rest of their friends.

Especially after the whole mansion situation in Manehattan.

Rainbow Dash looked a little annoyed after we got out of the mansion. Was it the dress? She thought about it for a moment and chuckled. Probably everything Rose Quartz did to her. Maybe she got embarrassed even though she didn't have to be and-

"Hey, Rarity?"

Huh? She looked behind her to see no one there. It was the same when she looked left and right. Odd. I was sure that somepony called- Ahhh!

She suddenly yelped in surprise as somepony landed in front of her.

"Rarity! I need to talk to you. Got time?" The grinning pegasus said, leaning towards the fashionista, waiting for a response.

"Rainbow Dash! Will you please stop doing that?" Rarity exclaimed to her friend and then picked up the items she let go of from her unexpected encounter.

"Yeah, yeah. As long as you do one thing for me tomorrow,"

"What is it?" The unicorn said flatly.

"Play in the rain with me. I made sure that tomorrow would be the perfect opportunity for it and also because of ~sigh~ the thing we don't talk about that happened in your mansion in Manehattan." The wonderbolt explained.

"No can do, Rainbow Dash. I have an order to finish that is due next week." The seamstress huffed and went around Dash, heading towards her boutique.

"Oh, come on, Rarity! You also have no idea what getting a makeover from a stranger was like!" The cyan pony says as she hovers next to her friend while raising her hooves in frustration.

"I sometimes get makeovers by somepony other than me... In the spa... And! Rose Quartz's rain-themed makeover for you was absolutely divine! I mean, your gown and mane were just gorgeous, and you shouldn't be ashamed of it, darling." The fashionista simply smiled, but it turned into an annoyed expression as a certain rainbow-maned pegasus flew in front of her.

"I-I wasn't embarrassed at all! Oh, uhh ~shakes head~ This would be just a normal fun day in the rain, hanging out together. Like, like... Like a day of fun together! And your order isn't even due until next week!" The brash pegasus pleaded, leaning forward towards the unicorn again.

"A day of fun? That doesn't sound too bad... Well, if you insist, I guess we'll meet each other tomorrow morning when the rain starts near the fountain. " Rarity closed her eyes with a huff as her friend let out a victorious 'Yes!', whilst hovering above her. "Now, if you will please allow me to reach my home."

"Oh, right, sorry." The cyan pegasus said as she landed behind her friend who continued her walk. "Well... See ya tomorrow, Rarity!" She exclaimed, leaving a few specks of dust behind as she shot up in the sky.

"Ugh. I hate the rain." The now grumbling unicorn said as the Carousel Boutique came into view.

_____-----------*********-----------_____

"Bye, Rarity!" Sweetie Belle yelled out as she opened their front door, revealing her friends.

"Goodbye, Sweetie! Don't do anything too dangerous!" Rarity yelled back to her sister, who gave a nod to her as she closed the door. Her sister and her friends were doing a sleepover at Applejack's and will be returning the day after she and Rainbow had their day off... Fun... In the rain.

Rarity groaned and went to her room to prepare for tomorrow. She was going to have 'fun' with her brash friend, and she expected her tomorrow to be chaotic. She also expected to get dirty with all the mud that'll probably get on her mane. She cringed at the thought of dirt getting on her mane and just made sure to have more shampoos, conditioners, soaps, towels, and all the things she might need tomorrow.

As she finished preparing, she was ready to go to bed as the sun set hours ago. But she wasn't sure, considering that she was too busy to realize something was happening but still saw the pegasi weather team preparing clouds for tomorrow so they might've covered the sky and made her think that it was nighttime already. She got in bed and looked at her clock to see what time it was and saw that it was almost 10 o'clock. So, with that, she blew out the candle and shut her eyes as sleep took over her.

_____-----------*********-----------_____

"Alright, Rare's, you ready?" The cerulean pegasus yelled to her friend, who almost didn't hear her over the rain.

"Ready!? It's raining too hard!"

"Ummm... No. This is just how it is, but there is half more water than before since the weather factory workers up in Cloudsdale put more water than normal on the clouds. They apologized, and I forgave them; it's just a little bit of water on the clouds than usual, but everyone makes mistakes, right? This is also perfect for us if we really want to have fun today!" Rainbow explained as she was outside the boutique getting wet while her friend just stood in her house, a few distances from her door to avoid getting wet.

"But... I just... It's-" The unicorn stuttered for an excuse, but the wet pony cut her off.

"You were the one who made me wait for a good 30 minutes near the fountain! You said that we'd meet there but you didn't even go or try to! So... This is an addition to the reason why we're doing this in the first place." The cyan pegasus said, in a matter-of-factly tone, with a little bit of annoyance in her voice.

"Why are we doing this again then?" The unicorn whined.

"We're doing this because of the mansion accident you dragged me into and the thing ~sigh~ you did with Rose... And also because of what happened earlier today."

"Ugh. Fine, let me just put something on, and then we can-"

Rarity was about to turn around and get ready until the wet pegasus cut her off.

"Your gonna put something on? Rarity, we're only going to be playing in the rain, and do you really want to get one of your magnificent dresses wet?" Dash asked as she imitated her friend's voice.

The seamstress thought about it and grumbled in annoyance. She hesitantly stepped outside her door, immediately getting wet from the rain and once her whole body was outside, she closed her door.

"See? It's not that bad," Dash landed next to the scared-looking unicorn and put her hooves over the unicorn for comfort. "And nothing bad is going to happen Rarity. This isn't a storm, it's just a normal, rainy day. With lots of water than anticipated but that's alright too 'cuz I'm here." Reassured the rainbow-maned pegasus.

The unicorn wanted to have a day of fun with her friend but not in the rain! The mud is sometimes hard to clean up when it's stuck on her mane. The thunder and lightning were the scary ones. She knew the lightning was going to be done on the outskirts of town since the lightning accident, where it struck a tree near the library while she and Applejack were having a sleepover with Twilight. She sighed and gave the pegasus a slightly forced smile and gave a nod.

The pegasus cheered and showed her happiness by doing flying techniques and cheering against the wind and rain. Once she was finished, she hovered next to the fashionista. They were on their way to a hill near the apple farm to really begin their day of fun.

The sound of Dash's wing beats and Rarity's hooves meeting the ground somehow calm the both of them and just enjoy the sounds that it brings.

Once they reached an appropriate spot, they just stood there, they didn't know where to start. At least Rarity didn't. She barely went out and played in the rain and when she did, she slightly regrets it. Dash however looked at some puddle that looked more muddy than watery. The unicorn looked confused, why was her friend looking at a muddy puddle and-?

Her thought was cut off as the hovering pegasus looked at her. A moment of silence passed as she looked back to the puddle and then back at Rarity with a grin.

The confused pony just kept looking at the grinning pony, she thought about how Rainbow was looking at her and how she was looking at the muddy puddle earlier.

Click

A thought suddenly presented itself to her mind.

Her eyes widened as she looked back at the pegasus but she wasn't there anymore. She panicked and wheeled her head to where the puddle was.

Rainbow was right there.

"Rainbow Dash! DON'T YOU DARE-!"

A splash and laughter were heard as the now laughing pegasus splashed the unicorn with mud. Rarity closed her eyes as the mud hit her, she felt it on her upper chest, almost half of her face, and was sure she felt it on her mane. She opened her eyes, glad the mud missed them, and looked at the pegasus wheezing on the ground.

"You thought that was funny?" She said as she jumped on the mud puddle and splashed her friend as well. The pegasus had an annoyed expression as Rarity did a little chuckle and laughed. As Rarity laughed on, Dash soon found herself joining in.

"Not bad, Rares." The pegasus said as she splashed a huge amount of mud in her friend's direction. "Take that!"

The unicorn was still chuckling a little bit when the mud made contact. She stopped chuckling as the prankster laughed. Once the unicorn finished getting the mud off of her face, with the help of her magic, she opened her eyes and threw the pegasus with her deadliest glare.

"Oh. It. Is. On!"

The unicorn declared as she tried countering the previous attack but failed as the pegasus dodged it by taking to the sky and diving back towards a muddy puddle and made sure it hit the unicorn but found her plan unsuccessful as the seamstress put up a force field to block the once on coming mud.

Upon seeing this, the pegasus grinned. She had never seen Rarity like this. But at least she got to test her friend's skills. The unicorn relaxed as she saw her friend's grin and smiled back as she dropped her shield and continued the friendly battle.

The battle went on, with laughter and mud splashes after the other. If there were sompony else watching them, they would probably be confused. The two friends had nothing in common, but they somehow got along.

The two spirits of harmony laid down, laughing as the rain continued. Until Rainbow Dash spoke.

"N-not bha... Not b-bad, Rares..."

The unicorn chuckled at this and got back up. "I guess now is a good time to go home?"

"Already?"

"Might as well go home laughing and 'going out with a bang' than going home because there was nothing else left to do, right?"

The cyan pony got up and shrugged.

"Heh. Why not?"

The two friends started their trek towards Ponyville once again, side by side. The fashionista had only just realized how cold it was, she was wet and the wind was blowing. Her friend was in the same situation but she had probably gone used to it by now.

The seamstress began shivering and then bumped into her friend, making the pegasus flinch slightly.

"Are you cold?" The rainbow-maned pony asked as the unicorn nodded. The pegasus then got her wing on top of her friend's back to block her from some water. "Better?"

A smile and a nod.

"You know, I could just bring a cloud down here to block the rain for you if you want..?" Dash asked as the purple-maned pony lifted her head in surprise.

"Oh! You don't have to do that, darling," she said, smiling.

"Really? 'Cuz my wing can only block so little that it won't do any good," the Wonderbolt insisted.

"No thank you, really. Besides, we're almost at the Boutique and I've prepared a bucket full of warm towels." She added, smiling sheepishly.

The pegasus chuckled.

"Of course you did."

_____-----------*********-----------_____

"I guess this ends our day of fun," the unicorn playfully rolled her eyes and chuckled.

The two friends finally made it to the Boutique and are saying their goodbyes.

The pegasus chuckled as well. "At least it wasn't as bad as you thought it'd be,"

They laughed for a little bit when Dash broke it.

"Well, I have to go back with the other pegasi and talk to them about making sure they check Cloudsdale's rain clouds next time and report them to me," She chuckled. "Catch ya later, Rarity!"

The athlete exclaimed but yelped as something pulled her tail and introduced her flank to the ground once again.

"Would somepony please stop doing that!?"

Rarity chuckled as Rainbow grumbled.

"Sorry, darling. I just wanted to ask if we could do this again sometimes..?"

"Oh, of course! This was awesome! I was going to ask but I thought that this was a one-time thing?"

"It was," she then went back outside towards the sitting form of her friend and kissed her on her cheeks, making the pegasus slightly blush. "Thank you for changing that." The unicorn said, slightly blushing as well, and went through her door. "See you later, Rainbow Dash."

Rarity said as she closed the door.

The pegasus was still sitting still, wide-eyed with her mouth slightly opened as her little blush grew, making her face look like a red apple on Applebuck season. Her eyes grew wider as she had just realized what had happened.

"HUH!?"


The End

Author's Note:

Might as well go home laughing and 'going out with a bang' than going home because there was nothing else left to do, right?

This line was basically me imagining why the people in charge of Mlp ended the show while it was still up and running. But it was still great I guess:trollestia:

Sorry this took too long superfun:facehoof:

Anyways, I hope everyone enjoyed this short of a story! Have a great day:rainbowkiss:

Comments ( 2 )

This was pretty fun

11384341
Thanks, glad you enjoyed it:twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment