• Published 25th Jun 2022
  • 423 Views, 13 Comments

Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Modded - starwars90001



A modded version of Project Horizons, shorter, more explosive, more action pack retelling

  • ...
6
 13
 423

good day

I woke up this morning like "I gotta get going!"
Tomorrow's not promised so I live in the moment
It's a good day to have a good day
It's a good day to have a good day_4Qent100

“Got that list of deals you wanted.” Applebot cheerfully hopped into the former communication room turned Charity’s office, the pre-war equipment had been moved to the side and replaced with stacks on stacks of papers.

Charity sat back in her chair looking over several documents, counting costs, and writing her signature across all of them. Sometimes she wondered if trading a desk job for a storefront was a good idea but hey she made more money. “Sugarcube those logs are ready.” Applebot trotted into the office carrying a stack of papers. “Ready to publish and go.”

Charity didn’t stare at the robot filly, the unicorn filly simply pointed her pencil at the building stack to her right. Applebot nodded and use mechanical arms that sprouted out of its body to stack the papers higher. “Golly hon, I think ya need to time off. Maybe you should go with Lacunae to Tenpony.”

Charity gave a wide birth at the idea. “I got work to do, setting up a company ain’t easy Apple.” She did stop to look at the robot with a hint of curiosity. “How’s the love bird doing?”

“She’s enjoying it judging by her last message, I haven’t heard her that happy in years.”


Scores of ponies galloped down the well-cleaned marvel floors of the tower, they stopped shopping in the tower’s classy markets, left their fine rooms, and huddled around one cafe where they stared on in shock at the sight before them. An Alicorn eating pies, cakes, and drinking wine like it was a heavenly gift. Her lover a muscularly large white stallion sat across from her eating a well cooked Radrat steak.

“Aw, now this is the reward worth fighting for. Elements thank you for guiding us, we’re avatars of your will.” Lacunae sent a prayer out before indulging in a cream filled cake.

“I see you're praising the Elements of joy and fun well.” Stronghooves said through bites of meat.

“Yes, I swore I’d praise every Element this vacation.” She said taking a huge bite of her cake before golfing it down with wine.

“To praise the Elements one must live life to its fullest, savoring in all the good and bad. For when one knows the variety of life can one know the Elements path.” Lacunae had to stop mid bite to stare on in shock at the stallion.

“Starreacher 4:17.” she finished. “That’s the prayer of the priesthood how-”

“My dear lady I’ve been studying your faith in a matter to understand your way of life. I’m not sure if I’m an expert yet but I’ve found its tenements quite beautiful.” Lacunae didn’t know what to say, few ponies had ever gone this far to ever understand her. He was always doing this, trying his best to impress her, and making her feel welcome and comforted. He really was a knight.

“So you’ve studied the tenets of the Elements?”

“Enough I could probably recall most of them.”

“Enough to practice them?”

Stronghoove scratched his head. “Uh, I’m not familiar with the methods of worship but I'll study up on them to practice.”

“Oh, I could help, planning to practice the Element of fertility tonight.” Lacunae purred at him. Stronghooves stared confused for a minute wondering what that partell.

“If it would please you I'll partake in it my lady, we can pray together.”

Lacunae burst out laughing much to Stronghoove's complete bewilderment. “Strong, I love you. Never stop being my lovely knight.”

They both shared a laugh, uncaring of the crowds of well-dressed ponies looking at them. They were absorbed into each other and that’s all that mattered.


“Ew, I’ll never get what they see in each other.” Charity mocked finishing another stack of papers.

“you will understand when you're older. One day I’ll have a Stronghoove to take care of you.” Charity rolled her eyes at the robot.

Trying to focus on her work she saw a paper detailing reports of Harbinger camps that were still being cleaned out by the Reapers and Legion, there were still holdouts in the east and west with Rampage leading the charge. “Wonder how that’s going?”


Rampage landed with a sicking crunch on top of a heavily armored pony, the pony becoming a bloody metal splat under her hooves. Rampage was kindly met with a storm of bullets that either bounced or embedded into her armor. She just shrugged at the attempt.

“Ya think Zebs would get this doesn’t work on me but Nah. Ya still just shoot me like it means something.” Rampage rushed another pony impaling them on her helmet spike before throwing their lifeless body at another pony and slashing through them.

She had almost single hoofly destroyed the outer defenses of a Harbinger compound. It was a warehouse on a hill with still standing pre-war walls around it, the Harbingers had built sniper towers at every corner making full assaults useless unless you had Rampage of course. As the stripe zony kicked the 40ft tower over in a single strike scorns of Reapers and legion poured into the breach she made.

“Ah, better let the kids stomp this. Don’t want to baby them.”As Rampage started to trot towards the entrance of the compound shouts for her froze the Zony.

“Ma’am Rampage! Where are you going.?” The red striped zony turned to see Mallet, Smoky, and Cuffs galloping up. The three mares had newly ‘acquired’ power armor thanks to the Harbingers and decided to decorate them with typical Reaper designs, Hoofball icons and hides. “Your leaving already?” Mallet said disappointment in her voice.

“Yeah, we’re having another contest with the Legion. The winner gets all the loot.” Cuff explained excitedly. “Heard the Harbingers still got some heavy stuff, I’ve been hoping I get a minigun.”

Rampage rolled her eyes chuckling at her kid's wanting love for fighting. “Girl yo ass don’t need any more shit. Ya already look like a tin can with chains and axes knives drawn on, yo ass needs a hair kit more, looking at that mess.” She said swirling the turquoise mare’s mane. “Besides, I gotta go, Charity needs me to start packing our things back in the lair. Y’all can deal with this.”

The three knew that trying to argue with Rampage was impossible so they used the only weakness she had, sad filly faces. “Please stay Mama Rampage.” They said in unison while putting on the saddest faces they could.

Rampage had gotten this tactic from many foals throughout the decades, she had built up a resistance to it. “Nah, ya’ll baby eyes ain’t working. Ya ain’t not fillies anymore!”

Their stares just got harder. “Please!”

“No.”

“Please mama.” Their stares only got harder.

“Y’all must think I’ve upgraded from milf to gilf to think I’ll spoil you every time you ask me for something.” They did not stop, they did not falter, their sad stares only bore more into the zony’s soul, and no matter how much she build up resistance Rampage wasn’t immune. “Spirits damn it, you y'all win, just drop that baby act. I spoiled ya’ll too much when you were kids.”

The three mares hugged the Zony, giving her thanks like the mother she was to them. “Alright, let’s get smashing girls.” Rampage grinned evilly at the compound with malicious intent.


Charity sighed as she finished signing the last paper. She started reconsidering that vacation hard, maybe once they took over the city she could take a month off. “Nah, I’ll lose profits that way.” Looking over at Applebot who was humming while playing around with a ball on the floor. The AI had some grasp of how to play the game but kept kicking the ball under her. “No, no, no, no. Your suppose keep it between your forehooves, here let me show you.”

The filly hopped outa her chair and then proceed to take the ball from the bot. She played with it effortlessly, kicking it between her hooves, against an empty wall then back when it rebounded, even bouncing it on her head without even letting it touch the floor.

“Wow, Charity your a pro!” Applebot said in utter amazment.

“The other Crusaders use to call me kickmare, I’d beat every pony who tried to play with me. Did that so much they ban me from playing, that and I got a lot of money from bets.” Oh, the pride Charity took in the mountain of build-up caps from her hoofball days.

Applebot looked at the filly playing ball and saw something she had not seen in the her in a long time. Charity being a foal again, she was still the money obsessed capital horse she was but now there was a sense of return to that good filly she met years ago. It was as if she was finally free from the stress of it all. Seeing Charity playing with the ball did give Applebot an idea.

“Say Charity.”

“Yeah.”

“After we set up in the city can you teach me how to play Hoofball?”

Charity looked at the bot and pondered it. It had been so long since she’d actually trained somepony in well anything, but she guessed she could try at it. “You know what, yeah I help you learn and we play together. Yeah, I’ll take a month off and teach ya.”

Applebot gave a resounding. “yaw!” While jumping around.

“But only if you help me clear out my room before we leave here.” Applebot nodded and galloped to join her in the mock game, missing a lot but being helped by Charity.


Returning to the town she once called home hasn't been easy for her, the cracking of the wood and destroyed or empty buildings gave the town an eerie feeling she didn’t like seeing. But she promised Glory she would do it, that no matter how much she hated her Dawn still deserve a proper burial.

Carrying the pony size casket on her back as she and the grey pegasus passed a burnout building, Blackjack sighed at what she was doing. Looking at the ruined structure she felt guilty at what had happened here, once the town’s church where she and her friends gathered to seek safety and guidance from Rampage’s late husband, now was a dead shell of its former self. She wondered how Priest would feel seeing his church like this.

Passing out of the dead town the pair trotted up toward a field of gravestones. Most looked whether by time but there were a few that looked well kept and new. There were five of them, all made of marvel with the names: Priest, Harpica, Rose, and P21 written on them. The last name made Blackjack just look away, this place just gave her bad memories.

As Glory and Blackjack stood above the grave, she swung off the casket and gently placed it into the ditch. Blackjack started using the shovel to pile dirt into the grave, remembering a prayer Lacunae knew all too well. “Harmony reminds us that there is no true love without suffering, there is no gift of life without pain.”

Tears began to well up in Glory’s eyes as the words of the prayer filled her. Blackjack embraced her in a hug, she needed to be her wife’s anchor right now, whatever feelings she felt about being here again she fought down, she would be strong for Glory. “It’s okay Glory, It’s over okay. You don’t have to suffer anymore. I will be here to protect you no matter what you hear me?”

“I hate her for what she did to you Blackjack but. She was still my mother, and I killed her, I.” With that the cyber mare sheesh her lover, not wanting her to go down that train of thought.

“You were only defending me, your not a killer Glory. Not like me”

They stood there paying some level of respect to the former prophet, After three years it was finally over, the revenge Blackjack so cling to was theirs now there was only one thing left. Glory left a flower at the gravestone’s base muttering a prayer as she left her behind, all the mares trotted away from the town leaving their former lives behind for good. Instead, they step toward their future.


The Demon Mares stood on a bridge extended over a river to the monolithic walls of the city of Hoofington, beyond them stood the towering form of dozens of skyscrapers, some that pierced the cloud cover like spikes born out of the ground. Charity stood before it with waiting eyes at her prize. She lifted the Pipbuck on her left hoof and she spoke into it with vigorous joy. “Okay, Apple Bloom we’re ready, open that sucker for us.”

The loud screeching sound of metal moving hollowed out as the wall began to part. Slowly opening to the sight of wondrous streets where the lights still flicker in buildings making it seem as if the city never died. But the sighs of Balefire still touched here as the skeleton littered the entire sidewalk, there were ponds of radiation and mutagenic taint flowing everywhere.

Glory turned to Blackjack with a sense of hope in her heart. “We can actually make the Wasteland a better place now. We can make that bright future that Mom wanted.” She’d hope this would make up for it, that her mother’s evil led to good in the end gave her peace of mind.

“Well come then stop waiting.” Rampage galloped off without hesitation leaving her friends stunned. “The first one who finds the best hotel for us to live in gets the best VIP room.”

Lacunae chuckled, never once in their whole friendship did the striped mare fail to brighten the mood. “Artsole wait you don’t know if there are Ghouls here.” the alicorn nodded to Charity, the yellow filly was then lifted onto her back as the Alicorn took flight.

Both Blackjack and Glory laughed, the somber mood lifting as they both chased after their friends toward a brighter future.

End.

Mods:

Project New Horizons: A huge modification to the base Project Horizons, this mod overhauls factions, characters, and the main plot to new twists and turns. Adds new subplots with new endings, fight old enemies in a new way.

Cybermare of the new age: Adds 50 new cybernetics to the game, upgrades your pony with addons that make them jump higher, shoot better, and have upgraded SATS, comes with a patch for PNH.

Alicorn redo: Lacunae gets a facelift in this mod adds more to her, more spells, more power, and more attitude. New improvement Lacunae with PNH addon.

Rampage, the zebra Reaper: Adds more zebra-like fighting abilities, now she can brew potions to use in battle. Has a PNH patch if using that mod

Charity, the capitalist filly: Become a worker for Charity and do quest unlocking new weapons and gear. If PNH is installed this adds her as a choice in the game.

Harbinger holy crusade: Redoes the Harbingers to make them more like a true faction in the wastes. Adds a base for them, upgrades their gear, adds variety to their NPCs, and scales but Dawn to make her more threatening than vanilla.

Comments ( 2 )

Hmm, the spelling and grammar errors can be overlooked, but alas, having the protagonists all be some for of Mary Sue is a bit too much. Oh well... :ajbemused:

Login or register to comment