• Published 25th Jun 2022
  • 423 Views, 13 Comments

Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Modded - starwars90001



A modded version of Project Horizons, shorter, more explosive, more action pack retelling

  • ...
6
 13
 423

New Game, new opening.

When I plan my attack, I doubt that you're ready

She and her friends stood cold and unflinching with their backs against the gates of the plantation. The Cybermare sat on a motorcycle, two pistols held in the talons of her smooth metallic black limbs, as the engine of the bike revved as if ready to attack. From behind the jet-black visor of her helmet, the cyber mare’s glowing red eyes passed between her companions. To her right, a white and red striped mare covered in dense steel armor that adored a sea of spikes across its back, took up a battle stance as her hoof claws scratched wanting at the ground, glowing pink eyes gazing at all the raiders with smirking glee. To her left, stood the imposing form of a tall unicorn, well dressed in a midnight gown with a bow tie around her neck, a funeral hat slightly hiding the shining cat-like eyes of the mare’s unimpressed stare.

Surrounding them were the toughest Raider tribe in the west, The Gears. They circle the gates like vultures on the gang’s calling card. Motorcycles and jeeps. Tricked out in the typical Raider style, skulls on pikes litter their hoods with weapons wielded on the sides, and their logo a red gear was painted on their license plates. Exhaust ports bellowed fire as the scum waited for their signal to tear through the three mares towards their real target, the large farming community behind the gates.

“Your dead freaks! Nopony gets in the way of the Gears.” From the open ceiling of the biggest jeep, a stallion so large he could smash through brick walls spoked venomously through his hockey mask to a magically held microphone. “We just had ‘disagreements’ with those nice Society ponies. But since you want to stand in our path, you can become dust in the wind of death.”

With a loud battle cry, the Gears descended upon their prey. The mares simply prepared their weapons: The Cybermare clicked her guns, the Striped Mare scraped her hoof claws together, and the Alicorn’s horn shined to life in a light blue haze with a sniper rifle appearing before her.

“Whatcha want to do Jack?” The Striped mare asked her Cyber friend, her hoof cuffs scratching at the ground ready to be unleashed.

“Three Star formation. Whip those bitches and show them who's boss.”

The Striped mare laughed cheerful child-like glee, charging like a raging bull to meet the incoming Raiders. The Alicorn bowed before she and the rifle disappeared in a flash. The motorcycle’s front wheel lifted up as it sprung to life, when the bike came down it sped off leaving a cloud of smoke in its wake.

As the Striped mare charged toward the Raiders they opened up with their artillery. Minigun spray, assault rifle fire, and rockets were blasted from weapons mounted on the sides of the vehicles. The Stampeding mare dodged and weaved with a grace that seemed impossible for the steel armor she wore, but she moved like nothing was there. When bullets found their mark they simply bounced off the heavy dense armor, only leaving a few dents. When a rocket struck her, it blew off chunks of her exposed legs and sent her flying backward, but as she flew through the air she caught herself by flipping upside down and landing on her hooves. To her attackers’ awe, the wounds from the explosion simply began to heal as she started to charge again.

Like a bullet she galloped towards the closest Raider in front of her, the raider following suit. Before they could collide the Striped Mare leaped into the air, smashing her hoof claws into the biker’s face with a sickening crunch turning the raider's head into a fine paste. She didn’t even slow down from the clash, she simply landed and kept tearing through bikers. Smashing right through some and crashing others, she was a Rampaging red glare of death.

The Cybermare circled the other gates like a Hellmare, killing any Raider who dared challenge her. Being outnumbered and outgunned didn’t deter her, she circled around her attackers, picking them off with precise shots between the neck and hooves. Try as they might, the Raiders couldn’t land a hit on her, her bike was too fast as she dodged under fire like it was nothing.

When a jeep tried to ram her, the Cybermare leaped over them, shooting the vehicle's occupants before landing behind them as the jeep sputtered and crashed into the plantation’s walls. Raider after Raider fell as she left a trail of death in her wake.

For the few that got past the Cybermare to ram the gates, they were met with a bullet to the head. Every raider that approached the gate dropped like a fly with a quiet thud. Bikes and jeeps smashed into each other or the walls as their drivers fell dead from an unseen foe.

From the top of a mansion that sat at the heart of the plantation, the Alicorn silently laid on the roof. Staring down the scope of her sniper rifle, Her shots were perfect, always to the head no matter how fast the Raiders were going. All while quietly humming a nice melody.

When a large wagon sped towards the gate carrying a stack of boxes with one pony inside, the Alicorn broke her peaceful melody in annoyance. Her horn lit up as she reached out with her magic. Before the wagon could touch the gate its mad dash was stopped as the light began to surround the machine. Its rider looked around with confused crazed eyes, even hitting the gas a few times before realizing he was floating. Slowly the wagon lifted off into the air like a bag in the wind until it was a spot in the sky, then it exploded into a beautiful fireball of wreckage and smoke. The Alicorn simply smiled as she returned to her humming and shooting.

The three mares were a force of shock and awe, the Striped mare tearing through ponies as offense, the Cybermare fending off ponies as defense, and the Alicorn the last trump card. The Gears were slaughtered on masse with their herd being reduced to a handful of ponies within a few minutes.

Their leader was seething but even he saw the writing on the wall. the tribal leader looked over to his second in command, a purple unicorn mare in the passenger seat. Even through his mask, the displeasure could be heard as he commanded. “Signal the retreat, we’re leaving.”

She nodded and then rose outta her seat, her horn became engulfed in pure purple light before it blasted into the air. The landscape became a bright parade of various colors with the light transforming into a giant gear symbol in the sky. The Raiders knew what it meant and with angry sighs and displeasure grunts, they started to retreat.

The Gears' leader took one last look at the three mares who had beaten him as his herd fled around him and yelled. “This isn’t over freaks! The Gears never give up, we’ll be back to kill you all over!”

He sat back in his seat and ordered his mare to start driving. As the jeep started to flee, the tires began to whine. At first, the Gears leader thought they were stuck in a ditch, another humiliation of the day, only when the jeep was lifted up did he know what was happening.

The jeep flew through the air like being pushed by a gentle breeze, before twisting around and landing in front of three very scary-looking mares. A mare covered in blood, a mare with smoking guns ready to go, and a mare forming magical arrows.

The leader’s second in command started breaking down at the sight of the mares, the unicorn raider who had seen the toughest fights the Gears had ever been in, was now curled up into a ball panicking like a filly. “They're, they're unstoppable. They're unstoppable!” She frankly tried to flee but was kept in place by the same magical field holding the jeep.

The Gears leader shook his head at his second-in-command's loss of composure. He stood up and bravely faced three mares that any sane pony would be bowing to after what they did. But the large pony stood his ground as he took up a battle stance. “So it's to the death then huh?”

The Cybermare holstered her pistols, got off her bike, and walked on two legs like a Minotaur. She grabbed the handle of a long broadsword that shined like nothing in the wasteland. Her friends stepped aside as the gang leader and Cybermare faced off. He lowered himself ready to charge while she held the blade with two hands. The two stared each other down for a minute until they both charged.

It was finished in a second. The head of the leader was thrown back into the jeep much to his second-in-command’s screaming terror. The Cybermare holstered her blade as she walked back to her bike, turning back to address the last Raider. “That’s a gift for all the Gears. Tell them it’s from your friendly neighborhood Demon Mares.”


Fillies smiled for many things: toys, friends, sweets. But for Charity, it was the beautiful glee of a job well done. She sat back in her chair, looking over the Viewscreens with the biggest grin the filly could muster. Most fillies wouldn’t take such happiness in video footage of mass carnage, but Charity did know her mares had created it. She took pride in their work, they had given her everything, and soon even more.

As the three mares approached the gates of the plantation, Charity smugly looked over at the three ponies sitting in chairs around a table with looks of relief, worry, and contemplation on them. On the left was an ivory unicorn mare with a cobalt mane done into hair buns that shined, she wore a dress almost too fancy for the simple meeting they were having. On the right was her twin except his hair was left to hang, on top of that he wore an old royal military uniform. But the pony sitting in the middle was a real pony she had words for.

He was the image of clashing ideas, a beautiful design business outfit but wore over a graying coat, a classy hat over a rotting blond mane, beautiful blue eyes on a face that was half rotted away. Prince Blueblood was the perfect incarnation of the juxtaposition of the Wasteland and the Equestria that was, pretty and horrifying.

“So.” The filly purred as she turned to face her future benefactors. “Did my mares outdo themselves?” She had them wrapped around her little hoof by the looks they shared. “That’s our end of the contract, now time for yours.”

Turning her chair while putting on the most professional grin she could manage, her eyes darting to each pony knowing they had only one choice in the matter. “I’m willing to discuss terms if you find the merger too demanding, but first you have to accept. You have become a part of Crusader.INC.”

Prince Blueblood gave one last glance to his co-rulers, the stallion shaking his head, the mare nodding to it, before sighing in exhaustion. “Well, for saving us from the Gears, and hearing of your mares' performance around the Hoof I’ve decided it's to the Society's best interest to sign on with your company. I believe the Society has a bright future under the Crusaders, I accept the terms.”

“I agree too.” The unicorn mare chimed in politely. “For months the Society has suffered to sell our crops around the Hoof with the increase in Raider attacks on traders and caravans. The Demon Mares have done so much to cleanse the Hoof that we’re beginning to make a profit again. Crusader.INC has already proved that their reliable when it comes to protecting their allies and their interest, we’d be fools not to have them.” Princess Grace spoke with such enthusiasm it made her twin brother roll his eyes.

More than any pony at the Society she had been pushing to aid the Demon Mares ever since they had announced to the Hoof their return. Providing safe houses, food, and weapons had been something she spoke freely and done quietly.


Her brother on the other hoof wasn’t so forthcoming. “I say nay to this.” Prince Splendid slammed his hoof on the table to emphasize his point. “We can not surrender our sovereignty over to this fill- I mean mare.” He caught himself before he could finish the wording but continued. “We are the descendants of pre-wasteland nobility. We have spent generations cultivating this land into a living thiefdom. We have the biggest functional farmland in the region, if we surrender all that to her we will give our rightful claim to the Wasteland.”

Charity kept her exasperation at the stallion’s filly comment under her composure, she would show him why he had no choice but to accept a foal as his new boss, but first, she let Grace debate him. “Splendid, you’ve seen how the hoof has been getting chaotic over the last year and a half. The raids from outside tribes is even too much for the Reapers to stop, some gangs are even breaking off to crave their own chiefdoms again. Mutants have been rising in number, and settlements are being attacked weekly.” Grace now slammed her hoof to emphasize her point. “But the Demon Mares have been pushing that chaos back like a shield. Without them we'd be done now, we need them.”

“You just need Blackjack.” Splendid's voice was tangled with venom and sassiness as he leaned back into his chair.

Grace stood in her seat ready to drop a few unprincess-like words, but quickly stopped when she saw Blueblood shake his head. “That is. Not. This is about our future, not me.”

Prince Blueblood gave a long cough, the entire Society was like this. One side wanting to help the Demon Mares, and the other simply wishing to keep to themselves. He assumed the entire Hoof was like this, caught up in events so much bigger than them. “You know when I created the Society from the petty tribe of slavers a century ago I expected we’d gallop into challenges like this. We weren’t the only ponies creating a little kingdom in these blasted wastes. But I thought we’d endure, that no matter what our civilized nature and long laid plans would see us through. Now not is that only not true but we stand on the crossroads between our end and the murky future.”

The Ghoulish two-century pony looked across the table at the very patiently waiting filly. “I accept your offer but such a decision would split the Society in half.” He said with a sorrowful exasperation.

Charity knew this would happen, it had happened with all the tribes and factions of the Hoof. The divide was always strong until she laid the three cards down of their future fate.

“Let me give you three nice fates of what could happen to the Society in the future.” The filly’s tone became more bitter as she told them the undeniable truth. “Path one, you become a part of Crusader.INC the first mega corporation to exist in the Wasteland in two hundred years once I gain control of the Core as a subsidiary, you will enjoy the benefits of having your plantation crops reach far outside the Hoof and getting access to the equipment you need but can’t make. Along with having the complete protection of the Demon Mares and Reapers as they have joined on. Path two, you refuse, and when I gain control of the Core you will miss out on all those benefits while being sidelined by every other tribe or faction in the Hoof as they grow due to our partnership while your dwarf by them.”

Her tone became hateful, her expression darken as she gave the last path. “Path three, Become enslaved to Dawn and her Harbingers.” Charity watched as the three nobles went still at that. “For two years me and my mares had a ‘little’ cat and mouse game with Dawn and her followers over some code. I have the key to the city, she wants it. If she kills me and my mares because we don’t get enough aid, she will gain access to the entire city of Hoofington and all that fine tech. She will become the most powerful pony in the Wasteland overnight.”

She saw how they knew the writing was on the wall but needed to push them further. “You know who hired the Gears to attack you, you know whose causing mutations in the Hoof, you know whose weakening the Hoof more and more. And if Dawn gets my key she will be unstoppable. She won’t take over by force, no, she will pretend to be a defender of any who accepts her goddess. But those who don’t, well those raider attacks are about to get worse. How do you like your plantation getting burned down by raiders with tanks.”

Charity put on the evilest smile she could express, the same smile she always gave when a customer was being unruly. “You can surrender to her of course, but that means she’s going to take direct control of this place. She won’t get rid of you overnight, but slowly she will take more and more control until you nobles have no ground to stand on. Then she’ll either make you puppets or kill you off silently. Tell me, do you want that?”

The atmosphere of the room became filled with dread as each pony knew every word was true. In the last few years, Dawn and her cult had risen to such prominence that she had ponies from outside the Hoof flocking to her. She provided fresh shelter, food, and medical assistance to all who came. In return, they completely surrendered themselves both physically and financially to her church. If the Society bent the knee it would be over for them.

Even Prince Splendid wasn’t so sure about his convictions now. “We should hold a meeting to decide this with the other nobles.” He said before being promptly cut off by Charity.

“No, decide now or never because in a week or so the choice will be made for you!” The filly shouted with all the vulgar she could command. “In a week from now the Demon Mares and the Harbingers will settle a two year long blood feud, and you can either be on the side that wants to help you or get swept aside by the one that wants to destroy you! Which will it be!” she said loud and clear.

Blueblood gave it pause for the last time, Splendid was frustrated but couldn’t object, and Grace was in full agreement. Finally, with a gatsby sigh, Prince Blueblood made the choice for everypony. “As the monarch of these lands, I hereby put my hoof down. We will join, all those who object will lose status for endangering the future of the Society. We are now a part of Crusader.INC whether we like it or not!”

There was no argument, no dejection, just acceptance with Charity holding all the cards. “Welcome aboard, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful partnership.”


Mods:

Project New Horizon: A mod that expends the vanilla’s games quests and allows you to finish the game in different ways. Become a Finder, join the Reapers, take over the Steel Rangers, and join the Crusaders on a crazy new story! Comes with revamping factions and faction quests for more crazy!

Lacunae and Rampage redux: revamps Lacunae ad Rampage’s stats and abilities to make them super pony powerhouses!

Project Steel Horse: adds dozens of cybernetic implants and updates you can get throughout the Wasteland and through quests. PNH addon that connects to expended quest lines.

Drivable vehicles: adds usable vehicles around the wasteland, tired of hoofing around the place well this is for you.

The Gears: new raider faction added to the Hoof, the Gears. A raider tribe made for vehicular combat!