• Published 25th Jun 2022
  • 423 Views, 13 Comments

Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Modded - starwars90001



A modded version of Project Horizons, shorter, more explosive, more action pack retelling

  • ...
6
 13
 423

Blackjack's training Guillotine

Allow me to demonstrate the skill of Shaolin The special technique of shadowboxing

“Center yourself, quiet your thoughts, and reach out.”

That was easier said than done, she tried to clear her head, tried to center herself but her mind couldn’t focus on it. Her thoughts jumbled, too much was happening right now for her just to have a clear head. The coming fight, Dawn, her wife took up space in the Cybermare’s head.

“Reach out.”

She tried and tried again until finally, her eyes shot open. Blackjack looked at the item of her test, a simple five-pound weight. Even knowing her teacher’s glare Blackjack turned around to the expected disappointment on Alicorn’s face. She thought for a minute a little self-deprecation would help lighten the mood but clearly, Lacunae wouldn’t take joking right now.

“I’m sorry Lacunae. It’s just..not clicking.” Hanging her head in defeat Blackjack had long hoped Lacunae would get the picture that she was no good at this stuff, but the Alicorn assured her this was training she needed. “I don’t think this Elements stuff is working out Lacunae. I don’t need it anyway.”

“Oh really, you don’t miss your magic.” Lacunae raised an eyebrow.

“I think these.” Blackjack flexed her cyber limbs. “Make up for it. With all the training I did in the Zebra lands with Big Daddy and Hiroto, I’m more than ready for Dawn.”

Lacunae was no fool, she could see through those boasts was a layer of doubt, and the only way to prove that doubt wrong was to test it. “Then let’s see how good you are.”

“Huh?” Blackjack's confusion raised as Lacunae moved the gym equipment to the corners of the room with her magic. The gym was the largest room in the bunker, big enough for weight stacks and a few exercise bikes but little else, perfect space for combat training.

“Let’s have a little sparring contest. The rules are I can’t use my magic, just my hooves, my tail, and this training stick.” Magically floating two batons from the holder against the wall, floating one into Blackjack’s talons and the other into her mouth, Lacunae readied herself for battle.

Blackjack just stared at her in bewilderment. “You want to fight me? Without your magic, really? I know your a former commando or something Lacunae but I think I’m out of your league.”

The Alicorn just gave a dismissing snort. “You've tested yourself against Arloste, and failed twice, but not me. What are you afraid of getting kicked by a magicless Alicorn and shown to be the third rate of us?”

Blackjack just shook her head before lowering herself ready to strike. “Well, if you want to go then let’s do it.”

Teacher and student eyed each other, both waiting for the other to make a move. Each thinking of the other’s first move, each planning how the battle with playout, and the perfect way to end it.

In a flash, Blackjack struck like lightning, slashing viciously at the Alicorn. Even with the speed Blackjack was moving at Lacunae was able to sidestep the attack, when Blackjack followed up with a jab Lacunae bowed and bucked her chest knocking the Cybermare back. Blackjack caught herself but before she could fully recover Lacunae was on her.

Unleashing a flurry of hoof kicks and swipes that Blackjack formerly would have thought was impossible put her on the defensive. The Alicorn moved with such speed even the Cybermare with all her enhancements found it hard to keep up. Looking for a way out Blackjack dodged to the side by taking a hit to the gut. Rolling onto her hooves the Cybermare collected herself for a second, Lacunae didn’t strike she let her student compose herself.

Blackjack caught her breath, thinking of ways for her to best proceed. She began circling the outer reaches of the sparring area, Lacunae following suit. Then waited until Lacunae was right against the corner to rush her. Blackjack charged the Alicorn, and leaped into the air ready to bring her baton down in a powerful slash. Lacunae geared up for the attack only to be surprised when the attack didn’t come, instead, Blackjack landed in front of her jabbing at Lacunae’s chest. The attack knocked the Alicorn back into the corner, where her student delivered a series of blows that knocked the baton from Lacunae's mouth. Using her wings Lacunae fluttered out of the way of another jab, gliding to the center of the room.

Blackjack smugly laid her baton across her shoulder as if to mock her teacher. “Told you. Sorry if I bruised you too much Lacunae.” the hint of annoyance Blackjack saw in her teacher gave her a sense of pride. Perhaps she had finally surpassed even her. “See, I don’t need to find myself or any of that other nonsense. I’m already tough enough as it is.”

“I think you're celebrating a bit to early Blackjack. I’m only just getting started.” Magically floating a towel over to her, Lacunae wrapped her face in a tight bind to block out any light. “Your talent is amazing my faithful student, but let’s see what it's like when facing the Elements full force.”

Blackjack had to stifle a laugh to make sure her teacher couldn’t hear it. She was already at a disadvantage why add to it? “Eh, Lacunae I think that’s enough hoofcaps. You're making me win too easy.”

“Shut up and fight Blackjack.”

Both readied themselves again, circling each other like prey and hunter. Blackjack charge her like a speeding bullet going for a quick slash to her chin, only to be met with nothing. Blackjack had to blink twice, Lacunae was just there but then she was gone. Her E.F.S showed her Lacunae was behind her.

Turning to face her teacher she saw Lacunae standing in the same stance as if she hadn’t moved. Blackjack didn’t give it much thought, some magic trick or some spell, she rushed her again. This time Lacunae did dodge, with little effort the tall easy-to-hit Alicorn avoided the Cybermare’s strikes as if she wasn’t even paying attention.

Blackjack swiped at her hooves only for the Alicorn to jump, right into Blackjack’s follow-up attack. Blackjack fell back to deliver an upper kick to Lacunae’s jaw, but her backhoof was grabbed by Lacunae’s tail before it could connect. Blackjack was thrown back across the floor, before she could even get up Lacunae was on her. Grabbing Blackjack’s tail with her mouth and throwing her into the air, then following up with a hard buck sending Blackjack crashing into a wall. The air was knocked clean out of the Cybermare but Lacunae was on her again, a series of kicks repeatedly smashed the Cybermare against the wall until the Blackjack lost consciousness.

“Maybe that was a little rough.” Blackjack’s eyes slowly crept open to the distressed voice of Lacunae looking down at her. “Are you alright Blackjack?”

Yes, if feeling like a train hit you was normal. “I just need some spell that’s all.” When Blackjac tried to get up her body fought like hell to tell her to lay down. “Ouch.”

“Let me take care of that.” With a flash of magic, Blackjack was on her feet again.

As she dusted herself off a single thought ran through her mind. “How, how were you that good? Like do you got some weird super spell that lets you see the future?”

“The Elements my dear student. They allow you to see all the paths of the world, to see how the Elements move through everything. In a sense they allowed me to see every path of attack you would choose.”

“So Super Duper Powerful Spell huh?”

Lacunae rolled her eyes and patted her student on the back. “Their more than just powers, they are your connection to yourself and the Universe. Learn to use them and you will be just as great as the users of the Elements of harmony. To truly regain your magic you must center yourself. Learn yourself and your enemy and you will lose no battle. Now come I believe we deserve a snack.” Lacunae said while making for the door.

Blackjack considered that maybe she shouldn’t give up on this Elements stuff. Even if she can’t master it, it still wouldn’t hurt to learn it. Still, the battle with Dawn was soon, not enough time for her to find herself. She can soul search after the bitch that ruined her life is gone. “I’ll think about it.”

Mods:

Magic of the Elements: Unlock new skills, spells, and abilities for all races. Tab into the Elements of chaos, harmony, death, life, and order to make your character a powerhouse! Must be trained by a user of the Elements first.

Get into Fighting games!: new combat animations with the ability to string together combos like a good old fighting game!