• Published 25th Jun 2022
  • 423 Views, 13 Comments

Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Modded - starwars90001



A modded version of Project Horizons, shorter, more explosive, more action pack retelling

  • ...
6
 13
 423

Holy book of the false prophet

Your heaven is someone's else hell

The screen before her flashed images of the former battle, the wreckage and remains of what had once been the Gears filled the surroundings of the plantation like the rest of the ruins. She had to admit watching their hoof work for the last year had interested her as to how good they had gotten, from wiping out pirates to ending slavery in the hoof they seemed to have done it all. Yet the question still remains, how did they resurface so fast and get so well-armed?

Dawn looked away from the console losing interest in the images and looking around the large command room, consoles with monitors litter the room with ponies watching all of them, various images from around the Hoof gave her Harbingers eyes everywhere. Looking to her side a young stocky green mare in white combat armor stood watching with a look of fright at the sight, mixing of shock and awe written on her as if she bore witness to Celestia’s fury. Dawn looked at her with a hint of amusement, clearly, the new merc wasn’t expecting this level of death and destruction from just three mares.

“What’s wrong Captain Green Field? Are the Demon Mares that amazing?” Dawn smiled somewhat smugly at the tough as nails mercenary captain. When the Dead Horses had signed on their current job they always mocked that working for the Harbingers would be easy caps, now they’d seen what awaited them on the job.

Green Field snapping to attention tried to put on a more professional face to keep her tough composure. “No Ma’am these “Security Mares” are just overblown mercs, nothing that the Dead Horses can’t handle.” She said with a little hesitation in her voice.

Dawn didn’t mind the merc’s bravo but failed to understand the level of threat before her. She would meet the same fate as the last few mercenary companies that fought against Demons but Dawn hoped they would at least serve some use. “Ms.Green I would like for you to gather your company and the other mercs. I believe it's time to prepare for an attack.” Dawn turned to her in a cold expression, the calm demeanor of the mare leaving for a more commanding presence. “I have important matters to attend to, contact me only when you need me.”

“Yes, Prophet.” was all Green Field said as she watched the graceful form of the pegasus mare trotting out the sliding door.

Trotting through the hall Dawn was always stunned on some level at the simple sight of it, the halls radiant cleanness with a pedestal white that seemed almost heavenly in its design, with pre-war magic tech this based she and her followers took over was a marvel of engineering that made the rest of the wasteland look like a hellhole in comparison. A marvel she wished to spread to the rest of the Wasteland but to do that she needed one thing first.

Passing a hall of windows, she stopped to gaze upon the Wasteland below from her tower. With the blessing of their Goddess, they had claimed the Stable-Tec tower, the largest building outside the Core as their own. Turning it into a temple to their goddess, now this served as both a beacon to the faithful who would come and a barrier against those who would threaten them. Walls of newly made steel surrounded the town with gun towers protecting the outside, inside a makeshift town thrived with hundreds of ponies, griffins, and even zebras making a life here.

She smiled at it, soon the faithful would be rewarded.

But first, she needed to reassure the faithful that her goddess' will was true. Making her way down to the lower tower levels, and down a hallway painted with images of an Alicorn shining light on six ponies. She came upon gilded double doors with two heavy-armed ponies guarding them, they saluted her as she entered the macroscale loud atrium. Rolls upon rolls of ponies sat looking over a stage where worker ponies set up a booth and microphone.

As Dawn approached she took note of the ponies around her. They came from all paths of life, some were filth and despair, some were clean and well kept. Some were simple folk and others were warriors created by the Wasteland. Some were from the Hoof and others from far away. But they all came here for one thing, to seek salvation.

As she trotted onto the stage all eyes fell on her. She wasn’t deterred by it, no she welcomed the attention as her followers watched wantingly. Standing in front of the microphone, at the gesture, the entire room quieted to whispers.

“Welcome My Little Ponies, welcome. Today is a truly blessed day in the eyes of the Goddess, as soon the day of salvation will be upon us.” Whispers of the crowd increased with talk of the holy day. “Soon the gates of Hoofington will open and the wonders of the core will be given to all the faithful. For 200 years our great nation of Equestria has been reduced to a blasted balefire hell escape. For 200 years our children have suffered at the horrors of the Equestrian wasteland, Raiders, Slavers, Steel Rangers, and so much more.” She became firmer and more intense as she preached her hopes and dreams. “Well not anymore! Soon all across the Wasteland shall have wonders that we have here in this tower!”

She basked in the roar of praise and stomps that followed, a smile of pride creeping onto her face. “No more rad sickness, no raider attacks, no living in the ruins of the old world! We will return the beauty of the land of Friendship through the faithful! Through virtues of Loyalty, Generosity, and Honesty! For we are the Goddess chosen!

They ate it up, ponies praised her name while the few who didn’t simply nodded along. “But our blessings are not just for us, to celebrate the coming Holy Day we’re opening our gifts to any who come, faithful or not! All may partake in the gifts of the Goddess! For when the day of salvation finally is here all of the Hoof shall know paradise again!”

They were completely hers’, they followed her, listened to her, were her holy soldiers. She could feel it as they cheered her name repeatedly as she left the stage. She was their prophet, no, their Angel from divine will. Soon all in the Hoof would see that, but there was one pony who doubted her in the tower, a pony she needed to show the truth.

Leaving through the backside hallway, she trotted into an elevator that shared the same cleanliness as the rest of the hallway, turning to the elevator's control panel she extended a pure black metal hoof, a talon spilling forth, and pressed the number 13.

When the elevator stopped and opened its door it revealed a harmonic sight of a large living room. A couch and chairs were set facing a fireplace at the center of the room, a small kitchen with several cabinets and a rainbow fridge overlooked already prepared food sat to the far right of Dawn. Stairs lead to a balcony that overlooked the living room below, Dawn trotted up the stairs hearing a faint sound of music playing.

“She’s playing that song again huh?” Trotting through a hall with four doors on each wall, Dawn stopped at the door last on the right. Pushing the already cracked door she was greeted by the sight of a grey pegasus mare laying on a bed curled up into a ball, a radio playing a familiar song.

Dawn looked around the room, it was the perfect filly heaven. A bright pink hue was invented in everything from the beds to the dresser. A bookcase was filled with tons of scientific literature and biology books sat on the right wall, and small model planets and stars hung from in a mock-up of the solar system. The younger pegasus looked almost at peace in the setting if the face of a destroyed mare wasn’t written all over her.

Dawn looked at her, the mirror image of her with a grey coat and purple mane to boot. One could easily confuse them as sisters at a glance only the sights of age telling them apart. Dawn somewhat took pride in that fact. Trotting up to the younger mare Dawn took a seat on the opposite side of her bed and looked at her.

“Listening to that old song again Glory?” She spoke calmly and motherly hoping for some response this time. But none came, instead, the same awkward quiet they usually shared. “The silent treatment this week Glory? Haven’t we been through this before?” Still, she did not answer. “Glory, everything I do is for your and Equestria’s benefit, I didn’t want to hurt you but your friends stood in the way of that quest. I just want you to live in an Equestria where there are no raiders, mutants, Taint, and Magical Radiation. Where you and your sisters can run across the green fields, play in the beautiful sun, and stare at the sky from the ground without that accursed cloud cover. Where glorious technology we access is spread across the land, and ponies live a peaceful life without knowing the pain the wasteland brings.”

A small growl could be heard from the younger mare, and with anger in her tone, she asked. “What about the ponies who don’t follow you? What about the ponies you hurt like Chapel? What about Blackjack? What’s in that world for her?”

At that, Dawn angrily got up and smashed a hoof into the floor. “She's going to die that’s what! I built all of this for you! I betrayed the Enclave, gave my body, and my soul so that my family and Wasteland can have a bright future. If I have to kill one mare and take away my Daughter's wife I will!” Glory gave her a seething glare before turning away from her so-called mother. Dawn simply started for the door. But before she could Glory muttered something under her breath.

“You already did.” was all Dawn could faintly hear. She didn’t turn to face her daughter as she left.

Harbingers redux: Makes the Harbingers even more of a threat, new location with new plotlines, new armor, and NPCs, PNH addon too.

Dawn the true villain: Ever feel Dawn was under used? This mod gives Dawn more plot focus and restats her to make her the true villain, comes with PNH addon