• Published 29th May 2022
  • 222 Views, 1 Comments

Angels and Devils - PPEF1



The angels make the story all happy while the devils do the opposite

  • ...
 1
 222

Angels and Devils

Sonata called up both Adagio and Aria on Discord in a group call. Annoyed, both of them accepted the call.

“What is it now?” Aria asked.

“Okay, here me out. So I wanted to know if you guys wanted to play a story game called Angels and Devils.”

“How do angels and devils relate to a story game at all?” Adagio asked as if Sonata was retarded.

“Well the angel starts off with a nice story of, well, anything. But then, when it’s the devil’s turn, they basically ruin the story.”

Adagio and Aria hearing the word “ruin” were now enticed to ruin Sonata’s game so they can go back to doing their own personal stuff.

“The order will start with me, then Adagio, then Ari. Since the game starts with angels, I’ll be the an-”

“Then I’ll be the devil!!” Adagio shouted quickly.

“DAMN IT!!! I wanted to be the devil!” Aria complained.

“Don’t worry Ari,” Sonata reassured, “once everyone’s turn has passed, the roles switched. And since you’re the angel this turn, you’ll be the devil next turn.”

This made the purple-haired girl feel better, not for playing the role she wanted later, but also seeing Sonata, the happy, bubbly girl be a devil made her and Adagio, who overheard Sonata go over the rules, made them want to stay longer, and might even the end of the game… whenever that’ll be.

Sonata then opened up a drawing program to draw out her story. She then draws out a man holding out a tray.

“So Mr… Burrito Man is having a great day.”

This caught the two off guard. “Burrito Man?” Adagio asked, confused.

“Sorry, couldn’t think of a name.”

“No, not that. I thought you would call him Mr. Taco Man.”

“Oh… well I didn’t. Anyways Mr. Burrito is at a baseball tournament.”

The blue-haired girl attempts to draw out a baseball field but utterly fails.

“That’s a baseball tournament?” Aria jokingly asked.

The three all let out a little laugh, then Sonata goes back to the story, drawing burritos on the tray.

“So Burrito Man is happy selling burritos and all that good stuff.”

Sonata then draws a face with the mouth taking up almost the entire head of Burrito Man.

“Oh WOW. That’s happy if I’ve ever seen it,” Aria commented, making everyone laugh again.

“Anyways, so Burrito Man isn’t actually a salesman. He’s just a person that likes burritos.”

“He’s a professional burrito lover?” asked Adagio.

“Yup, basically.”

“You just walk into his house and the walls are filled with burritos,” Aria added.

“I hope so. So he’s selling burritos to this guy and Burrito Man is gonna make the biggest sale in his entire life.”

Sonata then draws a stickman next to Burrito Man and gives him kissy lips making everyone laugh once again.

“This guy is really rich as you can see, he has a bow tie,” Sonata said as he drew a bow tie on the kissy-lipped man. She then drew a speech bubble above his head.

“I want one million burrito,” Adagio said, reading off what Sonata had written, making everyone laugh again due to the bad grammar.

“Okay, I think I’ve gone on for long enough so Adagio, it’s your turn.”

Sonata sent the image for Adagio to continue the story. Adagio, ready to ruin the story, got started.

“Well first let me copy and paste these burritos so there’s a lot more. Now the problem with these burritos is there’s some mold on them as he hasn’t sold any for a long time,” Adagio said while drawing gray dots on the burritos. “So this man with the luscious lips just bought a million moldy burritos.”

“Well that explains why Burrito Man is so happy to sell the burritos,” said Sonata.

“Yeah, he’s like “finally””, Aria added.

“I actually got nothing else so Aria you can continue from here.”

Adagio then sent the image to Aria. Aria, adding a new layer in the drawing program, continued the story.

“So it looks like it’s bad because it’s moldy, but kissy-lips man is no ordinary collector.”

Aria then starts drawing more stickmen with the same lips.

“These people are collectors of the finest moldy foods.”

A little chuckle came out of the three Dazzlings.

“You know how like cheese, the older it gets, the more valuable it is? That’s what’s happening here.”

Aria then draws a bag right below the second stickman’s feet that says “The Finest Moldy Burritos”.

“Now these people are like, “We have never seen such quality mold on a burrito.” Not only is Burrito Man having a good sale, but his manager is inspecting him and is all “Wow you sold one million burritos. You’re gonna have a raise.””

The purple-haired girl then draws a stickman with a mustache holding a pencil and clipboard behind Burrito Man.

“Now Burrito Man is getting thousands of dollars. Probably like 100K.”

Aria then draws stacks of money on the floor. She then draws a nametag on Burrito Man.

“Now Burrito Man is Super Manager Burrito Man,” she says as she writes out the words on the nametag.

Everyone’s turn has now passed. Now the roles are switched. Sonata is up next but now she is the devil.

“All’s good for Burrito Man. However…”

Sonata then draws big bulging eyes with small pupils on the fancy stickmen.

“... these people wanted the finest moldy chimichangas.” Sonata then erases the word “Burritos” and writes the word “Chimichangas”.

“Now these people are angry and take back their money and end up buying out the entire stadium.”

“WHAT!?!” Adagio asked.

“Yup.” Sonata then draws a rectangle that has the word “SOLD” on it.

“It’s on a clothing tag,” Aria commented while letting out a little chuckle.

“What these people end up doing is rewriting “Super Manager Burrito Man” to “Super Lame Burrito Man” on his nametag.”

“Oof. That hit hard,” said Aria.

“So not the best day for Burrito Man. He went from making the biggest sale of his life to being demoted to Super Lame Burrito Man and getting his whole baseball tournament bought out.”

Adagio made a new layer for a new scene to continue the story.

“So here’s Burrito Man walking home. He’s sad, he’s crying. Burrito Man walks home to a giant… chimichanga”

“Burrito Man lives in a chimichanga?” Sonata questioned.

“Man, biggest plot twist ever,” Aria added

“Anyways, Burrito Man walks home still sad, and he’s greeted with his wife.”

Adagio then draws a woman wearing an apron.

“So his wife asks, “What’s wrong”, and Burrito Man replies with, “I got demoted”. Then his burrito children are like, “Daddy’s home!””

Adagio then draws two burrito children, one of them being a boy and the other being a girl.

“His children see his badge and are like, “What’s that Daddy”... Okay that sounds weird.”

The three laugh then go back to the story.

“Burrito Man replies with, “I got demoted at work because I sold burritos when I should’ve sold chimichangas to these really important clients so now I’m a super loser”. Then his kids got a marker and crossed out “Loser” and wrote “Dad””.

“Awww, that’s cute,” said Sonata.

“And for once in his life, Burrito Man was happy.”

Now it was Aria’s turn. She finally gets to be the devil. The purple-haired added a new layer for a new scene.

“That’s all happy and stuff, but all good things must come to an end.”

Aria draws Burrito Man with his arms wrapped around his burrito kids outside of their house.

“They look so happy,” said Sonata.

“Don’t get too attached. Now here come the fancy kissy-lips guys.”

Aria drew three stickmen walking towards Burrito Man and his kids.

“Now remember, these guys buy moldy chimichangas. They go, “Um excuse me? Is there mold on your house””.

Aria added gray dots to the chimichanga house.

“The people go, “Yeah, we’re taking your house”. So these people get their fancy crane and start taking his house. Burrito Man says, “No! Don’t take my house! My wife’s in there””.

“OH NO!!!” Sonata exclaimed.

“And then they just walk away.”

Aria erased the house, the fancy people, and the crane, leaving only Burrito Man and his children.

“Well good luck ending this off,” said Adagio.

Sonata was in a pretty tough position but was able to come up with something. She then drew a smiley face on Burrito Man.

“Burrito Man was sad at first but then realized, “Oh wait. I wanted to divorce my wife anyway””.

The Dazzlings then burst out laughing as they didn’t expect that to happen.

“Okay, that was a pretty good save,” said Aria.

“Thanks,” Sonata replied. “So what do you guys think about the game?”

“Admittedly, that was very entertaining,” said Adagio.

“Yeah, I agree. We can probably play this some other time,” Aria added.

The game and story of Burrito Man had ended and the Dazzlings left the call to do their own personal things.

Comments ( 1 )

This had a good premise with lots of potential for character comedy, but unfortunately, I didn't see much of that in the finished product. All three girls feel a bit too samey the way you wrote them, so they lose a lot of the chemistry we know they have with each other. If you had made them more distinct, it probably would have been funnier, as we could see how each of them would direct the story based on their own ideas of "good" and "bad". As it is, the story they come up with is a bit too random to be really funny.

Login or register to comment