• Published 17th May 2022
  • 311 Views, 7 Comments

The day Maud almost died - Susuoan



The odds for someone to be murdered because of geology are low, but never cero.

  • ...
1
 7
 311

Maud isn’t the exception

Maud’s shocked, terrified, wide eyes stared forward as everything unfolded before her.

Sturdy Dust struggled for control over his bat, but it did not wield.

In-between the two, Mudbriar held the bat tightly.

Sturdy Dust grumbled, dropped the bat, and ran away.

Maud approached Mudbriar and hugged him. “Thanks.”

“Anytime.”

“By the way, this is a really good bat. Did he tell you where he got it?”

Author's Note:

This story was inspired by this video and thus, the tumblr post that inspired said video:

Comments ( 6 )

Y'know what? That was the perfect punchline - the sort I should have seen coming yet somehow didn't. Good curve on that one.

Omg I saw that video a long while ago and I knew immediately where it was going hahaha

I've heard the joke before, but forgot it by the time I read the story. Then the comments refreshed my memory. It made for a truly fascinating experience.

That said, you may have captured Mudbriar's interactions with Pinkie a little too well, though that's a matter of personal opinion.

Still, very nice ponification of the gag. Thank you for it and best of luck in the judging.

nice story

“By the way, this is a really good bat. Did he tell you where he got it?”

hahaha, perfect!

This story was inspired by this video and thus, the tumblr post that inspired said video:

ahaha, love this! i can see why you were inspired to write a fanfic based on this, and wow, what serendipity that in the canon Maud is dating a wood-obsessed character? it's almost as if this was meant to be adapted to MLP!

excellent work here, very fun!

Login or register to comment