• Published 6th Apr 2022
  • 360 Views, 3 Comments

The Majesty’s Arrival - AmethystMajesty25



Follow Amethyst through his start of romance and action while learning the mysteries of Equestrian Magic.

  • ...
 3
 360

Chapter 2

The next day, I was at the dojo using a new item that my senseis installed to practice my climbing skills. Sweet Bolt came by and watched me use the new item until I was done. I landed down and saw Sweet Bolt, “Oh, hey, Sweet Bolt. Check out the new pegboard. It is a great upper body workout.”

“Oh, so that's what that thing's for,” Sweet Bolt noted. “Wisecrack's been drying his sweaty socks on it.”

I began to realize the smell of the pegs and she was right. “Oh, I knew these pegs smelled feety.” I got over it eventually and resumed my training.

Sweet Bolt asked, “So, Amethyst, do you want to hang out with us tonight?”

“Yeah, sure, what do you guys want to do?”

“I was thinking that you and my friends can swing by to the Fall Formal or something,” Sweet Bolt answered as I fell down. “Amethyst, are you okay?”

I got up, “Yeah, uh, I'm fine. But I am not going to the dance.”

“Why not?” Sweet Bolt wondered.

I answered, “Because I have never worn a tuxedo before and I can't dance.”

Sweet Bolt gasped, “Excuse me?!”

“I'm sorry, Sweet Bolt. But that's the truth.”

While Sweet Bolt rolled her eyes, Bright Idea entered the dojo while Zap Jam followed, dancing his way into the dojo.

“Hey,” Bright Idea greeted.

I pointed out, “Seems like you guys probably don't have anything to do tonight.”

Bright Idea replied, “Actually, my friend and I are going to the Fall Formal tonight.”

“What? Really? You guys are planning to go to the Fall Formal?” Sweet Bolt asked.

Zap Jam answered, “Yep. And when we wear out tuxes, the girls will definitely ask us to be our date.”

Sweet Bolt corrected him, “Uh, don't you think you have to ask the girl out first before you go to the Fall Formal?”

“Yeah, but we have trouble asking girls out first,” Bright Idea answered.

“And why are you going, brother?” Sweet Bolt asked again.

“Oh, because Bright Idea's giving me 60 bucks and letting me watch his turtles go at it.”

Then, Sensei Wisecrack entered from his office and looked up to see me. “Ah, Amethyst, glad you're up there. The old swamp foot's kicking up something fierce,” He pulled out his two black socks and asked, “Hang this pair of socks up to dry for me, would ya?” He rolled them up into a ball and threw it right at my face.

“Ugh, they're all wet!” I shouted in disgust.

Zap Jam assured me, “It's just a pair of socks, dude. Man up.” Then, one black sock fell into Zap’s mouth and he screamed in disgust, “AHHHHHHH!” After he took the socks off his mouth, he tasted the sweat from those socks. “It's actually kind of nice.”

Bright Idea, Sweet Bolt, and I were disgusted after hearing what Zap said.


At school, in the cafeteria, Sweet Bolt was getting her lunch when she bumped into Garble and the Red Dragon gang, giving her a grumpy look and icy glares on their faces.

“Garble, what do you want?”

“We just want to let you know, Sweet Bolt, we haven't forgotten how you disrespected us when you walked out on the Red Dragons. You know what they say about payback.” Garble punched his mushy food.

Sweet Boot noticed, “You know you just punched your meatloaf, right?”

Garble looked at his fist on the meatloaf and decided to walk away. After Sweet Bolt got her lunch, she sat with her friends at the table.

I spoke up, “Sweet Bolt, I know you're mad about the Fall Formal, but trust me, you do not want me there. My manners are horrible. At any moment, this finger could be in any hole in my face.”

“Amethyst, believe me, I'm not mad. If you do or don't want to go, that is up to you.”

Then, I saw Rarity carrying her tray of lunch while walking towards her table of friends. She glanced at me and smiled while I smiled her back. Then suddenly, Rarity slipped on a puddle of orange juice. I heard her gasp and quickly saved her while using my right hand to catch her food with her lunch tray. Rarity’s friends were surprised and astonished by my talent.

“How did he do that?” The lavender girl asked.

The cotton candy-haired girl answered, “He used his karate senses.”

“Karate?”

The rainbow-haired girl informed her, “It's a type of martial arts.”

“Wow, great reflexes, darling,” Rarity complimented, astonished by my quick thinking. “Thanks.”

I replied, “No problem.”

“See you at the Fall Formal,” Rarity said before walking to her friends.

“Yeah... I'll see you there too.” I smiled.

His karate pals snickered, "Ooooooh..."

Sweet Bolt said, "And here I thought you weren't going to the Fall Formal."

I joked as my face turned red, "Sh-sh-shut up."

The rest of my friends giggled until we resumed eating our lunch.


After school, I was suddenly grabbed by Rarity and took me to her store.

“Hi, Amethyst. Sorry to drag you like this, but can you deliver this tux to Blueblood please?”

I asked, “Um… okay. Where does he live?”

Minutes later, I arrived at a mansion where Blueblood lives. I rang the doorbell and the person who opened the door was Principal Celestia.

"P-P-P-Principal Celestia?"

"Oh, hello Amethyst. Didn't expect to see you here. What do you want?"

"I came here to deliver a message to Blueblood."

"My nephew, huh? Interesting." Then she called, "Blueblood!"

After she stepped out, Blueblood showed up. He looked like any other Prince Charming you've seen in books or other forms of media.

"May I help you?" He sternly questioned, looking annoyed.

"Um, yeah. I came to deliver this tux to you. It's from Rarity."

I offered him the box and Blueblood received it. He opened the box and took out the glittering, blue tux. Blueblood observed it front and back. "Hmm..."

"So, what do you think?" I asked.

Blueblood answered, "You know what I think?" Then, he tore up the tux that Rarity made for him and put it back in the box.

I was completely shocked at his reaction.

"Wh... Why did you do that?! My friend worked hard on that."

"Because it's trash, handmade by a commoner and delivered by a peasant like you."

I replied, "Excuse me?"

"Now get out of here before I call the cops."

"What?! I haven't done anything wrong to you!" I said until Blueblood bluntly closed the door in front of me. I walked away and sighed, "Geez! What is wrong with him?"

Back in his house, Blueblood ran upstairs to his bedroom and threw the package in the trash bin in the backyard.


Back in my house, I walked back and forth, panicking, until my senseis entered the house.

“Hey, Amethyst. What's the matter?” Sensei Quickstrike asked.

I answered, “I thought about not going to the Fall Formal, but now, I have to.”

“Why? Did you meet a beautiful girl at school and told her you'll be there?” Sensei Wisecrack questioned me.

“Eeyup. And I gotta be at the school tonight,” I informed my senseis.

“Not to worry, Amethyst, I'll help you learn how to dance.”

I answered, “Really? That's great. Let's get this started.”

For the next couple of hours, they helped me learn how to dance with a partner and incorporate my martial arts moves into a dance. They called it, breakdancing. After that, I took a nap for an hour. Then I went to take a shower and get dressed for the dance. I wore Quickstrike’s old tux when he was my age.

Sensei Quickstrike complimented, “Wow, you look incredible, my son.”

“Thank you, sensei. I appreciate the compliment. Now, I gotta go. I'm pretty late for the dance.”

“Wait! Gotta take a picture of you before you go,” Sensei Wisecrack spoke.

I sighed, “Fine. But be quick.”


I exited the house and arrived at the back of the school until I saw my karate pals in the forest area, surrounded by Garble, Fume, Charcoal, and Backdraft.

“Hey!” I shouted and jump-kicked Fume from behind. I came to my friends’ aid, “What happened?”

Button Mash said, “Amethyst, the Red Dragons are here to get revenge on Sweet Bolt.”

I asked, “Why?”

Zap Jam told me, “Dude, they locked us in the closet.”

Sweet Bolt continued, “Luckily, I overheard the Red Dragons’ conversation and I rescued my pals. However, we can't fight inside the school; so, we took it outside.”

“Well, that makes sense. But wait, where's Bulk and Bright Idea?”

Garble chimed in, “Don't worry about them, Amethyst. We'll make sure he will forget you all once we defeat you.”

“Good thing I came here just on time. And from the looks of it, my team isn't outnumbered anymore. And uh, what's with the dragon?” I noticed the parade car that looked like a red dragon.

“Oh, this? This is our weapon and we're going to use it against all of you.” Fume answered.

“Like what? Burn us to death with a fire breath?” Sweet Bolt called.

Garble explained, “No. But we're going to humiliate you with our secret weapon. And you can't stop us.”

I replied, “We'll see about that.”

Both sides collided and began to fight in the forest. Zap Jam kicked Fume two times, but he blocked them and Fume threw a punch, but Zap grabbed his arm and left kicked him in the gut, kicked him on the knee to kneel Fume down, and kicked Fume on the back of the head to knock him out.

Backdraft grabbed Button Mash from behind until Button stomped his foot, twirled him around, and hit him with a jump front kick. Button then dodged Backdraft’s punches until he grabbed his arms and crossed them, turned him around and threw Backdraft down with an arm throw.

Charcoal blocked Sweet Bolt’s kicks until he grabbed her by the shoulders. Sweet Bolt shouted, “Get your grubby hands off of me!” She kicked Charcoal on the kneecap and hit him with a DDT.

Garble and I fought each other and countered every move until Garble caught my foot and tried to slam me down on the ground, but I did a front flip to counter it. My opponent went for a spinning heel kick, but I ducked and leg-swept Garble's left leg, making him fall to the ground. Garble growled, “You're asking for it now, Amethyst? Time for our secret weapon.” He reached for his remote from his pocket and I rushed towards Garble and jumped up for a front dropkick, sending Garble to the front of the dragon vehicle. After that, sewage water was dumped on Garble from the mouth of the parade car.

“Eww,” Sweet Bolt commented, waving her hand while covering her nose.

“This isn't over,” Garble vowed before he and the Red Dragons retreated with their car in tow.

Button Mash said, “Glad that's over. We should probably head back before...”

Then, a bright light began to shine in the sky. Everyone covered their eyes as two streams of rainbows rose up from the other side of the school, creating a vivid heavenly glow which then shot a beam from its light, another rainbow, down into the ground creating a shimmering white spear, almost as if it were touching something. Like it was casting a spell. The light increased before the rainbow

“What was that?” Zap asked.

“I have no idea,” I answered.

Sweet Bolt asked, “It's probably a light show. But still, let's go back and check in with our friends.”

We nodded and ran to the main lobby of the school. From there, we saw Rarity and her friends, as well as Sunset, Bulk, Bright Idea, Blueblood, and other students as they were heading back inside.

I informed my friends, “Um, you guys go on ahead, I'll go talk to Rarity for a bit.”

Zap Jam whispered, “Okay. And by the way, she looks SO hot in that dress.”

“Okay, Prince Charming, back inside.” Sweet Bolt pushed her brother inside the school.

I walked up to Rarity and greeted her, “Hi Rarity.”

Rarity turned to see me and replied, “Hi Amethyst.”

As I looked at her, Rarity looked so beautiful in her Fall Formal dress. Zap wasn't kidding about that.

“Wow, I did not expect you to be this handsome in a tux...” Rarity complimented, blushing.

I embarrassedly chuckled, “I thought so too. Thanks. And you're looking elegant and beautiful in your dress, Rarity.”

“Why thank you, Amethyst. I designed it myself.” Rarity said, proudly.

“Cool,” I smiled. “Say uh, what happened here?”

“It's a long story, darling. You wouldn't believe me if I told you.”

I nodded, “I can understand that.”

We went inside the school and entered the Fall Formal.

“Is it okay if I can dance with you, darling?” Rarity asked me.

“Sure. But uh, I thought you were going out with Blueblood.” I replied.

“I rather not talk about that now. Let's just enjoy the dance, okay?”

“Whatever you say, Rarity,” I answered.

It felt like an eternity since I had fun like this. I used what my senseis taught me and danced with Rarity. Minutes later, I slow danced with Rarity and we both blushed.

I said while blushing, “This is my first time doing a slow dance with you, Rarity. I apologize if I make a mistake on this.”

Rarity giggled, “It's all right, Amethyst. I understand.”

I smiled and continued dancing with her, ignoring the fear and worry in my head. After that, we mingled, took pictures with my friends, and had fun on the dance floor.


After the Fall Formal, I was walking Rarity home, until she asked to stop at a bench.

I asked her, “You okay, Rarity?”

Rarity answered, “I'm fine, it's just these shoes are starting to hurt my feet a bit.” She proceeded to take off her shoes and felt a bit of relief. “Ah, much better.” We sat on the bench for a few minutes as Rarity continued, “Amethyst, remember I said that Blueblood asked me out to Fall Formal?”

“Yes, I remembered.”

“Well, he went out with another girl and his tux was designed by my arch-rival. Suri Polomare.”

“Sorry to hear about that,” I said.

Rarity wondered, “I wondered what happened to the tux that I designed for him. You delivered it to him, right?”

“Yes, but he tore it up in front of me.”

“What?! But why?!” Rarity gasped.

I explained to her, “Because he doesn’t want his tux to be delivered by peasants. Plus, he called me a disgusting, uncivilized barbarian.”

Rarity gritted her teeth, “That jerk.”

“Yeah, I guess I finally know who Blueblood really is. A big, dumb, uncharming snob! Hope he gets hit by a door on his way out.”

Rarity giggled a bit, “You can say that again, darling. Blueblood is just a spoiled brat who thinks he's better than everyone else. But you, you're not like him. You are such a great guy and if he only learned from you he would have much more luck in the dating life, but he doesn't realize that because his stupid ego clouds his thinking, even though he is from Crystal Prep. But, I am glad that you are not like Blueblood and you are a great friend when it comes to honesty unlike how he is.”

I smiled and felt happy about what Rarity said to me. I replied, “Thank you for telling me that, Rarity. It means a lot. But you know, if he tries to disrespect me and our friends again, just say the word and I'll kick his ass for you.”

“That won’t be necessary, darling.”

I nodded, “I understand, Rarity.” Then, I had an idea. “I have an idea. Do you want me to carry you the rest of the way?”

“Are you sure? I can still walk.”

“I understand, but I don’t want you to suffer any more than you need to,” I informed Rarity.

She thought about it and replied, “Well if you insist.”

Rarity climbed onto my back as I piggybacked her the remaining way to her house.


Minutes later, we arrived at Rarity’s house and Rarity got off my back. She told me, “Thank you for the ride, Amethyst, you really are a nice guy you know.”

“What can I say, I tend to help people who need help.”

“I see. Well then, I suppose I should get going.” Rarity said.

I told her, “Yeah, me too. Have a good night, Rarity.”

“Have a good night to you as well, Amethyst.” Rarity said before she kissed me on the cheek and closed the door.

After getting that kiss on the cheek, I felt it through my whole body as an adrenaline rush. I quickly blushed and realized I have feelings for her which I never thought I would imagine in my wildest dreams. I jumped and celebrated quietly until I walked back to my house for a good night's sleep.

Author's Note:

Picture created by ShiningBlueShield

  • The opening scene and the forest fight is based on scenes from the Disney XD show, Kickin' It.
  • Amethyst saving Rarity from falling while catching her lunch with a tray is a reference from the movie, Spider-Man (2002).
  • This chapter coincides with Princess Twilight and her friends defeating Sunset Shimmer at the Fall Formal.
Comments ( 1 )

Glad to see you working on this story and added a new chapter hope to see more soon

Login or register to comment