• Published 2nd Apr 2022
  • 386 Views, 4 Comments

Whisper of Words - Richard79



Carousel Boutique is getting to Rarity.

  • ...
 4
 386

This is the only Chapter

Whisper of Words

Spike came in and noticed that Rarity was hard at work making one of her dresses. She was totally focused and didn't even notice him.

"Rarity?"

Her magic didn't even waver in the slightest.

"Hey, Rarity?" His voice was just above a whisper. His heart was pounding the closer he got to her. She had a way of getting to him. "Rarity...I..."

She pulled another fabric and nearly took him off balance.

"Love you-" Spike clamped his claws over his mouth.

"I love y-" Rarity paused when her eyes widened. She turned around and noticed Spike’s jaw drop open. "Spike..."

Was she really replying to me? Being older he now stood eye to eye with her.

"Um...what did you-" She started to reply when he waved a claw.

"I was saying that I was looking for you." He didn't need to hide the blush on his face he found it was happening more and more being around her.

"Oh, I am so sorry darling, I didn't even hear you come in." Rarity could feel her cheeks felt a little warm. I must be hearing things...

"You do get lost in your work." And you didn't hear what I’ve wanted to say to you for so long. Spike thought and added. It was a good way to practice.

"So, my Spikey-Wikey you were looking for me?" She noticed something different about him now. "Spike, you look like you have a sunburn? Can that happen to a dragon?" She also kept hearing what she thought he said to her earlier and felt her cheeks reddening again.

Spike's eyes widened and he shook his head to make the blushing go away. "I'm fine, Rarity I promise." He saw a slight pink on Rarity's cheeks. You did hear me. He blew out a breath. I can't just ask her if she did. "Oh, my reason for coming here. I wanted to ask and see if you wanted to go for a walk in a meadow with me.”

"A walk in the meadow sounds lovely, dear." She glanced around and then turned back to Spike. "My shop is getting to me. I am hearing things."

"How about I can carry you over to the meadow.” Spike smiled. “If you like?"

"Carry me? As in fly over?" Rarity found herself thinking about the offer.

"If my lady won't object." He leveled his emerald gaze on her.

“Have you ever done this?”

Spike shook his head. “You would be my first.” He took in a breath and added. “And don’t worry I couldn’t see myself letting you go.”

Rarity turned to him her eyes wide.

“That sounded better in my...” Spike's voice trailed off when he heard Rarity giggling.

“That is something I’m not going to doubt.”

Spike swallowed the lump in his throat. He turned towards the path that led up to the upper level of Carousel Boutique. “Please, my lady, follow me to the balcony.”

Rarity followed him to the large open window that was in her bedroom, the balcony jutted out giving her a perfect view of Ponyville and it would never feel the same way again. She walked up to him as he scooped her up into his arms. Her soft white fur slid along his scales. She felt softer than he’d imagined. “It’ll be a quick trip,” Spike replied keeping his head clear. He had to be able to fly. Placing a back claw on the ledge he pushed off and opened his wings. A current of wind caught them and lifted them upward. Spike could see the meadow a few yards ahead of them.

Rarity found herself enjoying the rush of wind and the feeling of flying. The meadow came into view, like the ocean moving in a breeze the flowers danced in time with Spike’s wings as he landed on one knee while keeping hold of Rarity.

“We’re here,” Spike said he didn’t feel Rarity wanting to move from his arms. “Are you okay?”

“Of course, Spikey.” She let a little grin play on her lips. “Just…”

“Enjoying this way too much?” Spike could feel his heart ticking a bit faster.

“Couldn’t have said it better myself, darling.” The heat in her cheeks had returned.

“Just like before.”

“What was that Spikey?” Rarity noticed his jaw had dropped open. “Let something slip, did we?”

Spike lowered himself onto his stomach and let Rarity rest between his arms. Her head was laying on his shoulder.

Rarity rolled and turned around to face him. Her tail was stretched out behind her. “Well Spikey?” Rarity noticed the look on his face. “I wasn’t hearing things, was I?”

“You’re the one who responded.”

Rarity took in a deep breath. “It was…what I was hoping I heard you say.” A gust of wind picked up stray flower peddles and deposited them in Rarity’s mane.

“I knew-” Spike paused, and his jaw hit the grass when he realized what Rarity had said. Seeing her with the flower peddles in her mane made her look all the more alluring.

Rarity couldn’t help but giggle a bit. She reached up and put her hooves in his overturned claws. “Ponies always see us together, Spikey, yes I hear the murmurs. At first, I thought it was wishful thinking, of a feeling, but the feeling started to become deeper as the years rolled by.” She held his gaze with her sapphire eyes. “It took everything I had not to act when I heard you earlier.”

Spike lifted an eyebrow he pulled one of his claws out from under one of her hooves and ran it down her cheek. “Mind if I guess what you wanted to do?” The tip of his index claw rested below her chin.

Rarity let out a sigh at the feeling of his touch. “I won’t object.”

Spike used his slightly longer neck to close the gap between them. Breaking the kiss, he said. “I’m glad I came to see you today.”

“As am I, my Spikey-Wikey.” Rarity replied smiling.

Author's Note:

Ah, hearing what you thought you heard. I've had it happen to me more than once. You get focused on doing something and don't quite hear something right.

Comments ( 4 )

:flutterrage: "you are going to love me!!!'

:duck: Did you hear that?

:moustache: Yea, Looks like Guys Night Out is a bust...

:facehoof: Discord, You can't keep hiding behind the Castle - We all know she really like like like like likes you

:twilightoops: She's what??? :fluttercry: I wanted cute little baby bunnies

:twilightsmile: Just wait for those mood swings with chaos magic, Did you try carrots?

11199870
I know in a non cannon comic Fluttershy does have a daughter by Discord. I have wondered if Fluttershy was able to tap into the babies magic while pregnant.

11199825
Can I assume that you liked my Sparity story?

Login or register to comment