• Published 11th Mar 2022
  • 985 Views, 7 Comments

If I Could Love Again... - Petalled



Twilight falls in love again but is scared the cycle will repeat itself.

  • ...
7
 7
 985

Epilogue: Shifted Fields

Dear Sunset Shimmer,

So Grogar came back after recovering to his full strength without his bell. He's already taken three of us into darkness and I'm scared that we wouldn't fix this as we've always had.

My faith in Harmony is slowly slipping away. I don't know what to do.

If anything happens to me, or anyone else, or Equestria, I hope you have a way of fixing this for us. Before the darkness seeps into your world or closes the portal permanently, I'll try to cast a spell to close the portal so the darkness won't get into your world.

I love you, Sunset, and I'll always will. Harmony may have shifted, but so has my faith in Harmony. I just hope that one day someone is able to fix this.

- Twilight


Dear Sunset Shimmer,

Grogar has taken more of us and now it's just me facing him with the help of Celestia and Spike.

This would probably be my last message to you so I'll do the spell I told you I would do.

Goodbye, Sunset. I hope we meet each other again. But now is not the time.

Love,
Twilight


Twilight's breathing was caught unsteady and part of it stuck in her throat as she watched her mentor, her friend, the love of her life, get consumed by the darkness, her eyes oozing out tenebrosity. Her whole posture couldn't move, she didn't what to do but just stare.

Watched all her friends get consumed by the darkness right in front of her eyes.

As much as Celestia pained her the most, she still had some of her pieces left but that was only until she watched Spike give into the darkness as well and so did her whole world crumble away.

Each step she took towards the ram felt heavier and heavier and her scowl slowly melted as well as her magic dimmed. She didn't have the energy to fight him and his accomplices off, not alone anyway. She had watched all her friends get consumed in front of her and even if they all believed in her she didn't believe that she could do this alone, without them.

Harmony doesn't work that way.

Harmony? Twilight had lost faith in harmony after seeing what it had done to her friends and family.

Especially Celestia.

And Spike.

Shadow claws had already attempted to approach her and she didn't dare to step back and run away. Instead, she let the darkness consume her too.

Without wincing in pain, she was muted as it swallowed her whole. Her sight turned pitch black and the last thing she saw was the horror of Grogar's grin lingering.


Dear Twilight,

Grogar is back? He's taken everyone away? Hold still, Twilight. I'm coming to save you all, just don't let the darkness get to you too.

Don't lose faith in Harmony. You were the one who taught me the Magic of Friendship, remember? Without you, I... I don't know what I'd do. You're my whole world and if you're gone, so would I. So please, hold on.

- Sunset


Dear Twilight,

No, don't close the portal! I'm coming to save you and you can live here with me and then you can close the portal. I know it will hurt you knowing you've lost everyone you love but you can renew memories with their counterparts!

Shit, you've closed the portal.

Twilight? Please reply...


Author's Note:

So I finished What If... and If I Can Love Again... and since those two stories are connected, I'm going to write about how the Guardians of Friendship were separated in the lands of unicorns, pegasi, and earth ponies. Living with guilt, they roamed through the town in invisibility form.

That was until Sunny and her friends brought the tribes together and magic back. And blah, blah, blah, you get the picture.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment