• Published 9th Mar 2022
  • 445 Views, 27 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh Duelist Log - deathflame46



Starshot is a Teen living his best life after a tragic accident that gave him a strange magic and now he has been requested as the leader of the yugioh team for canterlot High

  • ...
 27
 445

Chapter 6: Stolen Friends

“Kicking it off strong, Regal Rainbow strikes big with a 5800 LP lead in only the first turn!” the announcer shouts I watch the video on the TV. normally I would be there to watch these duels in person.

“Hey Star, have you seen Rainbow?” Bow asked as he walked in on me studying the video.

“She said she was going out with some friends.” I tell Bow as he walks out of the room.

“And that is victory number 99 for the Regal Rainbow! Tune in next week to see her 100th match.” The announcer says before the video ends.

“Well guess I missed it. Better head off to bed before.” I thought before a knock on the door was heard. “Just my luck.” I say as I look out the window to see a disappearing rainbow.

“STARSHOT OPEN THE DOOR!” Rainbow says as I walk over to the door, and open it again. “Can you believe it 99 wins ahh she is so cool I wonder if I will ever get to be that strong of a duelist.” She said it was almost too fast for me to pick up.

“Calm down Rainbow before you blow a fuse.” Infinity said as he flew out of his card.

“He is right, who knows what level of energy it could take for you to explode.” I say sarcastically to Infinity’s horror.

“W-Wait people can explode due to a surplus of energy? Glad that didn’t happen to you, Starshot or else we would be out of a job.” Infinity says to a roll of my eyes.

“Alright that’s enough out of you we gotta get some sleep. Tomorrow is the field trip that you have been hyping up for days.” I say as I spin her around, and push her out the door getting ready to close it before she slips past me.

“Nice try but we still have a lot to go over.” She said sitting down on the couch I was using as a bed.

“Like what talking about how you and your friends can grow ears and stuff no thanks I’m good.” I said walking over to the couch and sitting down on the other side of it.

“No, I mean what happened that day with Twilight.” She started before I cut her off.

“So what about the science geek anytime I talk to her she ends up bringing my dad into the picture somehow.” I say holding a card in my hand spinning it around trying to perform a magic trick to get my mind off the conversation.

“No, I want to bring up that she is sorry.” Rainbow started before I cut her off again.

“Oh I know I just don’t feel like accepting her apology right now. Still kinda letting the realization of the fact my father exists hit me ya know? Once that's done I’ll make it up to her” I say before starting to doze off.

“Sure whatever dude.” I heard as I truly drifted away into a deep sleep.

The next day I wake up to a surprise of Soul in my bed not being the little rat like he normally is. “The hell are you doing?” I ask the little Oviraptor pops up.

“Oh hey boss, so you know how the shaddolls share the deck with us. Yeah they got a bit loud last night so I came out here to rest. I hope you don't mind.” He said as he vanished back into the deck leaving small char marks on the couch.

As the raptor vanished the door slammed open as Rainbow burst into the room. “Star you are not going to believe what’s coming up!” She said as I looked over at the clock and read the date that read sunday so it couldn't be school related. “We have our first match against Crystal Prep next month!” She said as I let out a sigh.

“So back to those uptown pricks again.” I say remembering the last time we had a duel with them and the shadow duel.

“Hey at least their star player is on our side.” Rainbow says as she moves out of the doorframe and into the room.

“Doesn’t help when their star almost killed me.” I say with a scowl as I put my hand on her head and mess up her hair.

“HEY at least she said sorry.” She said as she started to move away from me and out of the room. “Look, just get dressed so we can get some training in.” She says throwing me a pair of clothes that had the school’s logo on it.

“Why did you throw these at me? I brought my own clothes, you know.” I said as she just stared at me.

“Because today’s training was set up by the whole Duel team so you are going in school clothes like the team agreed to.” She said as I let out a sigh.

“So you guys planned a group outing, didn't tell me, then tell me to go with you?” I say as I stand up the white shirt and blue shorts to my side.

“Yep. now get dressed cause they are on the way.” Rainbow said as she walked off.

After getting changed into my normal clothes of some jeans, leather jacket, and the school shirt I step out into the hallway to try and sneak out of the house before the others could see me.

“Yo Starshot!” I hear as Hyper cross comes out of nowhere on his skateboard. “Good to see you hyped for this hang out sesh!” He said as he grabbed his board off the floor.

“Yep hyped.” I said as Juniper and Sunset arrived. “Funny how Rainbow rushes me out of bed and is this slow to leave the house.” I think to myself as we see Twilight walking up the hill.

“So STarshot guy to guy tell me how did you get to spend a night in a girls house? Let alone her parents being home.” He asked quietly as he could, which was still heard by the rest of the group.

“To put it simply, I just don’t be creepy and don't need anything other than a place to stay. Not overthinking something about other people helps too.” I say patting Hyper on the shoulder.

“Alright now that we are all here, let's hit the mall!” Rainbow said, bursting out the door with a piece of toast and jam.

“Wait before we go. Did you spend all that time burning toast?” Sunset asked as Rainbow tried to ignore the topic as she normally does.

Walking to the mall was a bore and if anything took way longer because of the countless other stores in town that the Girls wanted to look at, the skating store that caught Hyper’s attention, and even the video game store me and Rainbow decided to hit up before we made it to the mall. Though through it all something felt off. When we walked here I kept feeling like we were being followed, not from this side at least but the spirit world side.

“Hey Rainbow, let's go check out the store over there.” I said as I grabbed her wrist and pulled her along with me to the next shop.

“Star what’s going on?” She asked as I got to an employee-only hallway and hid in it with her.

“I’m just going to confirm something so give me a second.” I said pulling out a card and summoning one of my cards.

“Hello Boss, what do you need this time?” the Blue raptor said as he came out of the card.

“Hey Ovi I need you to search around the area in the spirit world and look for anything that might be following us.” I said as the Oviraptor nodded and let out a roar that couldn’t be heard by human ears.

“I got a lock on 3 spirits that are part of our group.” He said as his fire changed from blue to red.

“Thanks Ovi, go back to your card and rest.” I tell the raptor as I pat him on the head.

“Star, are you going to tell me what’s going on?” Rainbow said, snapping me back into reality.

“We are definitely being followed.” I say as my hair turns color in front of her and the area around us changes into a purple haze as a swamp forms around where we stood.

“Starshot wai-” Sunset started to say before me and Rainbow vanished into the spirit world.

“Ok for the last time what is even going on Star you have been acting crazy.” Rainbow said before a mesmerizing song came overhead.

“Look if I knew what was going on I would tell you, but if we are being stalked from this side then they must not want me seeing them.” I said as the song got louder and the tune became more audible.

“Look at them arguing amongst each other.” One voice said as others started laughing.

“Starshot If someone was following us here, why did you bring us here?” Rainbow asked as I turned around to face the voices.

“Wait, why did I bring us here?” I thought to myself as I tried to reason with my memories from the second we entered the mall. “I didn’t bring us here willingly? No, that doesn’t make sense. If I didn’t mean to come here, why would I have brought Rainbow here?” I think as my memories start to clash with each other.

“Having a little crisis down there?’ The orange haired girl said as Rainbow looked up at the three with a face of annoyance and anger.

“I thought we banished you guys!” Rainbow said before connecting the dots. “You guys brainwashed him to bring us here!” She shouted as her deck started to be fueled by her emotion, and started to manifest monsters.

“Rainbow calm down, let's just get out of here.” I say as I try to warp back to the real world to no avail.

“Sorry my guy but no cross world travel works to get out when we are around.” The blue one said as I tried to push through the barrier only to just get denied again.

“The only way you will get out of here is simple duel us and the loser is stuck here forever.” the purple one said as I looked at all three of them.

“What do you want us to do to duel at disadvantage?” I say pointing out the difference in numbers. “Plus if you only duel two of us only two get to leave.”

“Fine, you can bring one more person, but make it quick.” the orange one said as the barrier weakened and I was able to leave.

“T.” I could hear as Sunset ran up to me due to the time difference in the two worlds. “Starshot, where did you go?”

“No time to talk, just come on.” I say grabbing Sunset’s shoulder and warping back to the other side.

Once we arrived the three girls had already set up an arena for the six of us to duel in. “Ah perfect Sunset Shimmer.” one of the girls said as Sunset looked up at them.

“Adagio Dazzle, Aria Blaze, and Sonata Dusk, what are you three doing here?” Sunset asked as the three girls started to cackle.

“Simple, we want our freedom from this wretched place!” they said as they put their decks in battle position along with the three of us.

“FIne if that’s how it is then guess there is no reason to argue.” Sunset said as she looked over at Rainbow giving her a nod.

“DUEL!” We all say as the field flares to life and we become covered in a musical stadium.

Adagio Dazzle: 8000LP
Sunset Shimmer: 8000LP
Aria Blaze: 8000LP
Rainbow Dash: 8000LP
Sonata Dusk: 8000LP
Starshot: 8000LP

“I’ll go first and summon Soprano the Melodious Songstress in the attack position then I’ll special summon Sonata the Melodious Diva in the attack position as well. That’s all for my turn so I’ll place a face down then end my turn” Adagio says as the two monsters fly out onto the field.

“Well some things never change huh Adagio. My turn I draw! I play the spell Red-Eyes Insight sending Red-Eyes Black Dragon to the graveyard and grabbing Red-Eyes fusion from my deck. Now to activate this fusion spell of mine I can send two monsters from the deck to the grave as fusion material. I'll send Red-Eyes Black Flare Metal dragon to the grave along with Gearfried the Red-Eyes Iron Knight to fusion summon! Dragon clad in armor built to shred those that come near it into pieces rise and rip the competition apart! Rise Red-Eyes Slash Dragon!” Sunset called as the monster rose out of the ground, the metal clanking on its wings as it took off. “With that I end my turn.”

“Guess that means I’m up. I draw. I’ll start with Predapractice to add Predaprime Fusion to my hand. I’ll go ahead and activate Predaprime Fusion, sending Predaplant Squid Drosera and Byblisp to the grave to fusion summon. I summon Predaplant Ambulomelides in defense position,” Aria said at the lizard like plant came out of the ground in bloom “next up I summon Predaplant Spinodionaea in attack and target the predator counter on Slash Dragon'' As she said the a venus fly trap came out of the ground digging it’s way out to reveal the spinosaurus body hidden in the ground. “WIth that I’ll end my turn.”

“Finally It’s my turn draw!” Rainbow said as her face lit up from the boredom that she was experiencing before. “I’ll start with a foolish burial, sending one monster to the grave. Now I play Photon Sanctuary allowing me to get two photon tokens onto the field. Next I'll summon Galaxy Summoner in the attack position, and with doing so her effect activates, this allows me to summon one monster from my grave so come out Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon!” As she called for her flagship monster it flew down from the stars to meet her and gave a small smile before turning to the opposing side of the field. “With that done I’ll create the overlay network by overlaying my two level four Photon tokens. Now descended from the stars rank four, Starliege Photon Blast Dragon! And with the arrival I’ll get to summon from my hand one Photon monster now show yourself once more Galaxy-Eyes!” She called once more as I saw that it was starting to get to her head. “Once more I’m making the overlay network though this time I'm using my two Galaxy-Eyes to summon a monster in defense mode. The Lord of atoms descends upon us with the wrath of a supernova, and with the force of a neutron star, blows my opposition away! Rise Number 90: Galaxy-Eyes Photon Lord! And with that I’ll end my turn.”


“Guess I’ll draw! I’ll start by setting the pendulum scale by using scale eight Pendulum Witch and scale one Performapal Ladyange. Now swing my pendulum! Swing endlessly to the beat of victory! I Pendulum summon Dragoncaller Magician and Xianggsheng Magician! Sadly that is all I can do so I’ll place a card face down and end my turn.” Sonata said as her Magicians gave a wave to her.

“Cool I draw. I’ll start with summoning Cyber Dragon in the attack position. Next I’ll play Cyber Dragon Core in attack allowing me to activate its effect to add a Cyber spell to my hand. Now with these two monsters and the polymerization spell in my hand I Fusion summon.” I say as my white hair and clothes started to blow in the wind. “Cyber Twin Dragon emerge!” I call as the two headed dragon showed up out of a portal from The Workshop the place Cyber Dragons called home. “With that I end my turn.”

Adagio Dazzle: 8000LP
Sunset Shimmer: 8000LP
Aria Blaze: 8000LP
Rainbow Dash: 8000LP
Sonata Dusk: 8000LP
Starshot: 8000LP

“Then I’ll draw.” Adagio said before giving a grin looking at me. “Hey Starshot have you ever wondered about that form of yours?” She asked before giggling and continuing her turn. “I use polymerization to fuse my two Melodious monsters int Schuberta the Melodious Maestra! Now for a play you might not have seen before I play the spell De-Fusion on Starshot!” As she said this the confusion on both Rainbow and Sunset’s faces grew as did mine before the spell had made contact with me.

As I watched, the feeling of losing something of mine became ever more present. That was until I noticed the White of my outfit starting to turn back into black my hair doing the same. “The hell?” I said twice as another body was splitting from mine with the WHite hair and outfit I was just sporting. “What did you just do to me?!” I asked as both bodies looked up at the girls as they split apart into two fully formed beings.

“Simple I just split you into who you really were.” Adagio said as the new being formed a duel disk and took my deck I kept in my jacket from his own. “And it seems he is working just as the doc intended.” Adagio said as she gave a whistle and her and her sister’s monsters charged over two the new being.

“Personally I hate it when people jump into things they shouldn’t.” The copy said as around him the now fully formed Ultimate Conductor Tyranno stood proud against the attacks and destroyed the other monsters in one go. “So you are what we looked like?” The copy said as he flipped his whole body over and started flying.

“Starshot what is even going on?” Rainbow asked as I looked up at the copy.

“How the hell am I supposed to know?” I said as the copy started to laugh.

“Isn’t it simple Starshot? I. Am. You. In every quality Though trust me I only took the good ones.” The copy said before putting its hand to its chin. “I should have a name for myself. seeing as I am you but better how is Nova? Yes Nova Zero!” He said before looking at the three girls who knelt down at him.

“Nova your father would like to have a talk with you.” Adagio said as the other nodded before opening a portal.

“Well let’s give the old man a visit.” He said before zipping towards the portal. “Oh and Starshot thanks for the deck.” he said as I noticed the link I had to both the dinos and shaddolls were cut off.

“That fucking bastard!” I shouted as the four of them left through the portal, closing it behind them.

“Starshot look it’s over just get us out of here we can talk about it back at the mall.” Sunset said as I tried to open my own portal.

“I can’t.” I said as I tried to make one with only sparks appearing.

“You’re kidding. You brought me here for a duel that doesn’t even truly start and now you can’t take us back?” SUnset said.

“Look, it's not my fault. I had a feeling someone was calling me here, and they were.” I said as I kept trying to my composure. “And now we lost the one thing that I used to bring me here and it quite literally got up and walked away!” I said as the wall broke and all the bundled rage came out. “So unless you happen to have something that can get us the hell out of here then I suggest shutting up, and start thinking of ways to get out of here!” I shouted as Sunset stumbled backwards only to fall over and into the ground.

“Starshot!” Rainbow said as she held me back from swinging at Sunset. “What is wrong with you man?” She asked as I gave her a glare.

“Dash I have one thing to say to that.” I said as she hovered slightly off the ground. “If someone was to clip your wings and remove your magic how would you feel?” I asked as she pondered for a second.

“Look even if you are angry you can’t just take it out on Sunset.” She said as I turned to her.

“Look I wasn’t going to hit her, you can ask the Cyber…” I said as I noticed even the Cybers had fallen silent. “Infinity? Siger? End Dragon? Anyone?!” I thought as none of the metallic monsters responded to the call. Then it all set in everyone that had been there for me since I was five, the same dragons that supported me for twelve years. The dinos and shaddolls were a massive hit too but as they were more recent the feeling of losing them didn’t hurt as much. Finally through the grief of the loss I was able to make a portal back to the normal world in the back of a book shop, and in front of whom else but Twilight.

Author's Note:

Hey guys I'm in need for a bunch of random names for characters so you you got any send them over!

Comments ( 2 )

Cool in seeing this got a new chapter.

Whats gonna happen next?

11879119
Sweet!

How are things going btw?

Login or register to comment