• Published 9th Mar 2022
  • 445 Views, 27 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh Duelist Log - deathflame46



Starshot is a Teen living his best life after a tragic accident that gave him a strange magic and now he has been requested as the leader of the yugioh team for canterlot High

  • ...
 27
 445

Duel 1: The One to Start it All

Author's Note:

if you would like to see the full decks of each character you can always DM me and i can give you the deck list that is used.

“I’m done here Starliege Paladynamo finish him off with Starlight Strike!” The girl shouted at the monster and attacked the man standing on the other side of the stadium. “That's the match!” she said as the stadium erupted into a furious roar of cheering.

“Ladies and Gents, would you look at that this duel makes Regal Rainbow’s total victory’s in a row to 98!” The announcer called out as me and my cards left the stadium.

“What a match!” I hear a female voice call out as I leave the stadium. “She was awesome!” Another says from the same group.

“Do we have to hear this T?” I say walking out of the stadium with the cards I had brought into the match.

“Yes, if we want to win we must watch.” The voice said as a cybernetic voice chimed over it.

“Keep in mind the more we wait here the longer it is.” The cybernetic said as yet another voice rang this one a whisper in my head sounding just out of reach.

“Let's get home and deck build. We have a big day in the friendship games in a week and we can't disappoint our peers.” the voice said from behind me.

“Look T, I, and C could you give me hints on what deck to use or should I enter both of them in?” I ask as the cards begin to walk behind me kinda like ghosts would follow a living soul.

“Start with them and have me as back up.” The large snake-like cybernetic dragon with a black body and red outline said as I walked around the corner and into the house as all 3 disappear to fit inside.

“Got it then Dino and Shaddoll it is thanks for the help Infinity.” I think to myself as I hear the call of a mad mother from behind me.

“Starshot I know you are not going to your room without dinner right!?” I hear her say as I'm about to close the door.

“Ooohhh busted!” I hear hundreds of voices call out to me from my tin.

I'm coming mother, please don't kill me!” I say as I bolt out of the room and into the dining room.

After eating dinner I get to work on deck building taking off the necklace I wear to hear my cards voice so I can be in peace, and after what feels like years I put the decks in a deck box and put my duel disk up for the night as I go to sleep. I wake up the next day realizing that I only have 6 days to get used to this deck. “After all nothing comes without a cost and this one is time.” I think to myself as I put my necklace back on and grab my 2 decks I have. Walking out of my room I pick up the duel disk and head to breakfast before realizing the time. Grabbing my bag to bolt to the bus before it's too late.

“Starshot you knucklehead you almost missed the bus again!” a light blue girl said getting on the bus as i rushed on to the bus.

“Yeah I know but you can blame me for that one Rainbow but hey I'm here.” I tell her as I sit down in an empty seat. “Didn't you say that you will introduce me to the other competitors for the friendship games?” I ask her as I shuffle my cards around in my deck.

“Oh yeah, I'll take you to them after school. but till then you need to teach me more than just XYZ summoning for the 2v2 tournament you said you would take me to if I learned.” she said looking at me with a sinister glare as if to say keep your word or else.

“So what do you want to learn or should I pick for you?” I tell her, giving her the same glare as she recoils a bit.

“How hostile you are to the poor girl.” a whisper says in my ear a whisper I know far too well.

“Construct shut up you have no emotions or extra thinking you are just a doll like you said.” I think in my mind as Cyber Dragon Infinity laughs flying in the sky as he almost hits a pole.

“No, I am very much alive at least I think I am.” construct said as her card began to glow a little bit.

After getting off the bus and having the most boring math class ever i go to dueling class where i don't ever duel anybody in the class because of the requirements to enter the class. To get in this class over the summer, you had to survive the teacher in a duel for 10 rounds and I was the only one to beat the teacher in the whole class. Well me and the girl who won out of luck of the summon of an instant win monster she cheated out of the deck. This girl was Rainbow Dash who insists she is the best in the school but there is a reason why I am in the games and she is not.

“Ok so i was thinking of teaching you how to Link summon, if thats ok.” I tell her as she starts to shuffle her cards.

“Sure, just let's start before we get the quiz on it.” She says with a chuckle in her voice.

“Ok well to Link summon you will need as many monsters as the card says like this Borrelsword Dragon see the bottom of the card and how it says Link-4 thats how many monsters have to be sent to the graveyard to summon it, but you can use monsters like Link monsters for Linking. Lets say I have a Link monster with a rating of 3 then I can use it to count for 3 monsters making a Link-4 only need a Link-3 and any monster to be summoned.” I explain to her as she starts to pick up on it little by little. This went on for a bit till the bell rang and I told her “Bye Rainbow I'll see you here after school.” rushing off to my next class.

After school I had waited outside our dueling class for about 9 minutes and eventually she had grabbed my arm and started to pull me in a direction shouting at me. “Come on, you are being so slow!”

“Well I'm not the one dragging someone to a club room!” I shout back as she stops in front of the door to the club and walks in telling me to stay in the hall as if she never told the other members I was coming.

“Ok, come in!” I hear Rainbow shout as I walk in to see all the other competitors are girls.

“So is this why you had to rush in here without me? You had to tell them so you aren’t teased about how you have a friend who is a guy right?” I say with a smile on my face as the rainbow tries to throw a punch at me for bringing anything like that up. “Whoa hold it, it was a joke!” I say as her punch connects with my shoulder.

“Well Starshot if you could show us what you could do against Rainbow because after the match we saw last night i'm looking to see another good fight!” The pink one says hopping up and down to barely meet me at eye level.

“Only if she is down to duel.” I tell her looking at Rainbow as she almost immediately says yes to try and get back at me for the joke earlier.

After walking outside with some stares from the other kids in the school we reached the soccer field, a spot with a lot of open land and a good view for the duel. As me and Rainbow link our duel disks for the battle I can hear the girls cheering on Rainbow before the duel has even started.

“You go first, your fans are waiting,'' I say, moving to the other side of the soccer field. My Hair started to turn a dark red slowly growing into a lighter red as the Rainbow announced her turn.

Turn 1
Rainbow Dash: 8000
Starshot: 8000

“I'll start by playing the spell Photon Sanctuary allowing me to summon 2 Photon Tokens, then I'll activate the effect of a card from my hand tributing both of these tokens to summon Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon!” she shouts as from the sky a massive dragon flies down from the sky hitting the field with a screeching roar that the whole school hears as a result more people come to watch the duel. “I end my turn by setting 1 card.” she says as her side of the field shows one card in the spell/trap zone.

“My turn I draw!” I shout as I look at my hand seeing the play that I can make turn one. “I activate El Shaddoll Fusion by sending my Ultimate Conductor Tyranno and Shaddoll Beast to the graveyard. I can summon 1 Monster from the extra deck and I pick El Shaddoll Construct!” I say pointing to the sky as a doll on purple wires appears on the field looking lifeless. “I’ll activate 2 effects, first Shaddoll Beast that allows me to draw 1 card from my deck, then I'll play Monster Reborn! To bring my Tyranno from the grave to the field so rise Ultimate Conductor Tyranno!” I shout as a t-rex wearing black armor digs itself out of the ground and tours a challenge to the dragon across from it. “Don’t worry you can if you want my Ultimate Conductor Tyranno attacks with Ultimate Shockwave!” I shout as Rainbow activates her dragons effect.

“Photon Dragon, take it with you using Photon Charge!” She says as both monsters are banished.

“A fair play but you forgot about the Construct who will attack you directly, go Wooden Madin!” I shout as a wooden figure attacks Rainbow punching her right in the chest for 2800 LP. “I end my turn.” Right as I say that the 2 banished monsters come back to the field.

Turn 2
Rainbow Dash: 5200
Starshot: 8000

“Perfect my turn I Draw! I summon Photon Crusher in Attack Position!” she calls out as a green cyborg appears on the field holding a metal rod in its hands. “I activate Galaxy Expedition to summon another Photon Dragon from my deck. Then I'll use my 2 Photon Dragons to create the Overlay Network! Descend from the stars Number 107: Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Dragon!” she called as the two monsters she used for the summon became orbs and a black blur faster than light in the shape of a dragon appeared and took a stance on the field “now attack his Construct with Tachyon Burst!” She called out as I laughed.

“Construct’s effect activates. Allowing it to send any monster that is special summoned and attacks it to the graveyard.” I say as my hair starts to dim down back to its black. “Also let's call the duel off now before something gets realized and this was just to show off our decks.” I say as I look at the crowd that had formed in the stadium.

“Too late for that but I'm going to end my turn with a face down.” Rainbow says knowing what she has gotten into.

“Fine by me I draw and summon from my hand Miscellaneousaurus!” I say as a dinosaur with a body of bones appears on the field, and my hair goes back to its bright red. “Go Construct and attack her Photon Crusher!” i shout as Construct turns her monster into wood and shatters it, having the splinters hit her for 800 LP. “Now dinosaurs attack her and end the duel!” I shout as both dinos charge at her biting her left and right arm dealing the remaining life points in damage “Duel over guys you can leave!” I shout as my monsters walk back to me nodding their heads than vanishing into thin air.

End of Duel
Rainbow Dash: 0
Starshot: 8000

“Wow, Starshot still as good as always!” Rainbow said, almost collapsing from the excitement she had in the duel even though she had lost.

“You are getting better day by day Rainbow but I doubt you could beat me in a duel.” I say with a laugh as the crowd clears out I see the other club members walk up to us as I’m rewatching the duel on my duel disk and Rainbow has already gotten to them. “Hey I never got you guys' names.” I say finishing the duel looking for something in the replay.

“First off you are going to explain how you can use magic like that!” The orange one with red and yellow hair said walking up to me looking both ready to fight and worried at the same time.

“Magic, what do you mean it was a hologram like in the real stadium.” I tell her trying to deflect the question as best I can.

“Whatever I’m Sunset Shimmer then in order is Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Applejack, and Flutershy.” Sunset says as the others just stare at her in confusion.

“I think she is onto you!” Infinity says as the girls look up at him now seeing the massive dragon as he coils around the group.

“What is that!” I hear Rainbow say as I turn to see the dragon for myself as I just look him dead in the eyes as if he has done this before.

“Cyber! Chibi or back in your card!” I yell at him as he turns into a smaller snake like dragon making a mechanical noise as he does so.

“Why do you have to be the worst? I just want to have fun!” Infinity says as he flaps his wings to be at our height till he coils around me.

“How did he do that!?” Sunset says as she stares at me.

“So I lied, I can bring cards to life if I want but recently they have found out how to escape the cards and sometimes that leads to problems but most just go back in after a minute or two.” I say as Infinity pops up.

“And some of us like being out here!” He adds in. “you can tell us to stay hidden all day just till you can duel then we get put up at night!” he says as i just stand there waiting for him to finish.

“So when are you going to teach me that!” Rainbow says as she grabs the dragon from my shoulder.

“Never unless you can use magic but that is highly unlikely.” I say thinking about how I got my magic. “Though as Sunset could sense magic maybe I could teach her though.” i say being able to move now that i don't have extra weight on me.

“Well I would still like to know how you got your magic, are you from equestria!” she says growing ears and a tail.

“No, I was in a coma when I was 8 and when I was in the coma here I was awake in a world of monsters from yugioh or duel spirits they call themselves, and when I woke up I could see and transport things in them to the other one world. like Infinity and the rest of my friends in my decks.” I say as Infinity calls out and his younger brother pops out of his card to try and save him from suffocating in the horde of affection

“Oh well but if you do something wrong they will do something about it.” Sunset said, pointing at the other girls as her ears and tail vanished without her even knowing.

“Brother Help!” Infinity shouts as his brother Cyber Dragon Siger is also caught in the horde.

“Brother why are they like this? We must flee, I mean a tactical retreat!” Siger shouted as he vanished.

“Brother you coward!” Infinity says as he sees the full size Siger slithers away in the spirit world and vanishes to chase after him.

“Good they are gone.” I say as my hair changes back to black like normal and closes the gate between worlds. “I should get going, it's almost dark.” I tell Sunset as I run off hoping I did not set anything off in her head. As I ran I could see Infinity on a Rampage trying to find his brother after leaving him.

“SIGER COME HERE BEFORE I BLOW THIS WHOLE WORLD AWAY!” He shouts as he starts to charge an attack in his mouth.

“Boys will be boys I guess.” I say as I walk inside and go straight to sleep thinking about what might happen in the friendship games.