• Published 9th Mar 2022
  • 445 Views, 27 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh Duelist Log - deathflame46



Starshot is a Teen living his best life after a tragic accident that gave him a strange magic and now he has been requested as the leader of the yugioh team for canterlot High

  • ...
 27
 445

Duel 5: Dueling Team?

After school the next day I met up with Sunset, Twilight, Dash, and the rest of the friendship club in their club room. “This is a recreation of the device I used in the friendship games though this one is made to detect magic.” Twilight says as she opens the pendant pointing it at Sunset as it glows a bright orange. “See it should work just fine on you.” She said change the target to me as she presses a button to reset the device. “Hold still Starshot.” She says as I feel it scan me. The device had made a sound as Twilight looked down to see a white light slowly change to black and back to white. “Strange It’s picking up a low frequency of magic from you barely enough to read, but it's there.” She says tilting her head. “Maybe if I make it more sensitive we could pick up something stronger.

“How do you know it wasn’t picking up on Sunset?” I ask as the device gets turned off and tweaked.

“The color of the magic is different from person to person. Usually the color of their skin or hair. Sunset’s is orange, Dash baby blue and so on and so forth.” Twilight says as I look at the dull brown on my skin as I think of the two colors that could come out of it.

“Then where did the white come from?” I ask as she rolls her eyes.

“Like I said it wasn’t strong enough so it would pick up and drop the signal over, and over. That and white is the base that I use for when it picks up no magic.” Twilight says as she puts the device back together then pointing it at me once more. “Let’s start again shall we.” She says turning it on as it starts to scan me once more. “Strange It’s picking up on magic more than the normal person but it seems that it can’t pick between red or blue.” She says as I think about the white hair that I got in the other realm.

“Damn science experiment.” I mumble under my breath.

“What did you say?” Twilight asks as she closes the device.

“Nothing, just something my father did popped into my head.” I say as she gives a sigh of relief.

“Speaking of which, your father is an amazing man. I mean making solid vision duel monsters, and moving out of holograms for the monsters.” Sunset says as I scoff.

“Only took him fourteen years.” I say to the disgust of the other two.

“He could win a Nobel prize with this. Why aren't you happy for him?” Sunset says as she gets closer.

“Because I don’t want to be happy for someone I barely remember.” I say giving her a glare.

“Hey Sunset give him a break you won’t change his mind on this anyway.” Dash says from the other side of the room. “I tried to last night and he went even harder on me than normal in Mortal Kombat.”

“I’m just wondering how you could not like one of the greatest scientists in the world?” Twilight questions with Sunset agreeing.

“Good scientist does not mean a good father.” I say as I walk out of the room to see Dash give the others a glare. “Are you kidding me, the greatest scientist? That should go to someone who actually cares for the family, and not some deadbeat dad that leaves their child after turning them into their little science experiment.” I say to myself walking down the hall till the sound of footsteps interrupt my thoughts.

“Ah Starshot.” I hear as I look up to see the Principal and Vice Principal standing before me.

“Yes?” I ask hoping I didn’t break something on the way out of the room.

“Come to my office I need to talk to you about something.” Celestia says as she gestures to me to follow her. “As you know the school is putting a duel team together, and I would like you to be the team leader of the Wondercolts dueling team.” She says as we walk into her office meeting the other two members of the team. “This is Juniper Lily and Hyper Cross.”

“Sup Captain!” The guy said with his amber hair and red skin with a black shirt that said ‘space in wild’ on it.

“Whoa Captain? I never agreed to even join the full team. I joined in the friendship games because I was asked by a friend to participate.” I said looking at who I now know was Hyper Cross.

“Well considering the school gave you a duel runner that was customized for you. I think leading this team of duelists for your last two years of school shouldn’t be hard.” Celestia said with the keys to my runner in her hands.

“You know how to seal a deal then Principal.” I say as she speaks up.

“You also have Rainbow Dash, Sunset Shimmer, and Twilight Sparkle in your team.” Vice Principal Luna says with a devilish grin.

“And this is where we have to step in!” Infinity says manifesting from my deck. “I want to see the style of these Duelists and if you don’t let us see that then the bike will be gone by tonight.” Infinity says to the horrors of the others in the room.

“How I thought the monsters had to be scanned to be summoned!?” Juniper says with her eyes growing wide.

“So you have not heard then? I make monsters physical, but more importantly unlike those scanned mine.” I say as I'm cut short by the sound of the door swinging open.

“Good you are here Starshot!” Dash shouts jumping onto me to the annoyance of Hyper Cross.

“Construct what did we say about copying people, especially her.” I say twisting the head around to reveal a puppet that was the same size as dash but in a deep blue dress.

“But I thought you like h-” Construct starts to say before her wires are cut by Infinity’s wings and she is sent back to her card.

“Sentient. Living breathing monsters that have physical forms though they know not to manifest without permission.” I say looking at Infinity who has wrapped himself around Luna’s neck and fling something at me.

“So these monsters are real, and it wasn’t Midnight Sparkle that manifested them?” Juniper ays as she remembers that day.

“It was a half and half thing. Usually if they do manifest by accident they hold back with attacks but it seems they thought they were holograms or at least U.C.T did?” I say holding my head.

“UCT?” Hyper asks as an egg shell hatches from in my bag and the mini T-rex pops out.

“You called Starshot?” Ultimate Conductor Tyranno says with his normal deep voice.

“Yes, could you please remove the snake from the VP?” I say as he nods and shocks infinity back into his card forcefully only to vanish himself leaving just the shocked faces of everyone else in the room.

“Surprisingly I didn’t feel that jolt despite knowing it’s there.” Luna said as I tried to slip out of the room with the keys in hand.

“Ahem Starshot, where do you think you are going?” Celestia says as I’m halfway out the door. “Your card had a good point: you should watch a duel between these two, after all they are your team members.” Celestia says with a smile.

“Fine, if they are good I’ll lead the team.” I say as we walk out of the office to the field with a cheer from Hyper. Once we were on the field the Principals went to the stands as I refereed the duel. “Alright you both know the rules of the game so first one out of life points loses begin!” I shout as the duelists ready their hands

Turn: 1
Hyper Cross: 8000
Juniper Lily: 8000

“I’ll start with one monster face down and setting a card face down. I end my turn” Juniper said as she ended her move.

“Ah yeah I draw! I’ll summon Speedroid Den-Den Daiko Dude, and special summon Speedroid Taketomborg! My level three Speedroid Den-Den Daiko Dude tunes level three Speedroid Taketomborg! I synchro summon level six Hi-Speedroid Kendama, then I’ll use it to attack your face down! Go High Speed Blitz!” Hyper shouts the whole time as if we couldn’t hear him.

“Augh!” Juniper shouts getting wind blown into her face.

“I end my turn with two face down cards.” Hyper says as the monster returns.

Turn: 2
Hyper Cross: 8000
Juniper Lily: 6600

“I draw, I'll summon Rikka Petal in attack position. Now I set the field spell Rikka Konkon, and activate its effect by tributing my Petal to add Rikka Glamour to my hand. I’ll end my turn to the tune of a face down.” Juniper says now getting into the duel.

“Thank you for the turn. I summon Speedroid Terrortop, and activate its effect to special summon out Speedroid Red-Eyed Dice. Red-Eyed Dice will use its effect to change the level of one monster on the field. I pick Terrortop and change its level to four. I use level one Speedroid Red-Eyed Dice to tune my level four Speedroid Terrortop. I Synchro summon Hi-Speedroid Hagoita now to attack you directly!” Hyper says as the monster charges in, or shoots a payload at Juniper. “I end my turn.

Turn: 3
Hyper Cross: 8000
Juniper Lily: 2400

“Lucky me I summon Lonefire Blossom then tribute it to special summon Snowdrop the Rikka Fairy, and by her effect I’ll also special summon Mudan the Rikka Fairy, once again an effect activates I get to add a spell or trap that lists Rikka in its text. I pick Rikka Sheet, then I activate Twin Twisters by discarding one card. I can force you to destroy two of your spells or traps.” Juniper says with a determined face.

“Damn.” Hyper says as Luna, and Celestia gives him a look.

“Next is Monster Reborn to summon Snowdrop the Rikka Fairy. Then I will use one Snowdrop the Rikka Fairy, and Mudan the Rikka Fairy to link summon Sylvan Dancepione. I’ll use her effect to excavate three cards from my deck. I special summon Rikka Petal, and Sunseed Genius Loci. Sylvan Dancepione’s second effect will activate turning both these monsters to level eight. With these level eight monsters I create the overlay network. I XYZ summon Teardrop the Rikka Queen! Next her effect will activate allowing me to tribute a monster on your field I pick Kendama. Teardrop attack his Hagoita with Crying Lotus! Sylvan Dancepione attack him directly Grapes of Rage!” Juniper calls out with a bow. “I end my turn.”

“Well looks like that was a bad plan for me. I special summon Hi-Speedroid Kendama, set a card, and end my turn.” Hyper says as he drew a brick.

Turn: 4
Hyper Cross: 5800
Juniper Lily: 2400

“Good I’ll play Sylvian Dancepione’s effect once more. I’ll summon Aromage Jasmine and Rose Girl, with Dancepione’s second effect I set their levels to eight and create the overlay network. I XYZ summon Alsei, the Sylvan High Protector. Now Asei attack his Kendama with Sylvian Pride. Next is Teardrop and Dancepione attack him directly!” Juniper says as hyper is flung a few feet back. “Your turn now Hyper Cross.”

“Damn that was good but I feel like you aren't going easy on me.” Hyper said with a smile looking at his cards. “I’ll use a monster reborn to summon Speedroid Terrortop, and by its effect Red-Eyed Dice is summoned. Because a speedroid tuner monster is on my field I can special summon Hi-Speedroid Hagoita, and increase its level by one I will also increase my Red-Eyed Dice to level two. My level two Red-Eyed Dice tunes level six Hagoita! Become the circuit that leads the future into a new age of fun! I Synchro Summon! HI-Speedroid Kitedrake!” Hyper shouted before stopping to catch his breath. “Now Kitedrake’s effect activates allowing me to destroy all monsters on your side of the field.” Hyper chuckled a massive smile across his face.

“I activate Teardrop the Rikka Queen’s effect, by detaching one overlay unit I can tribute one monster on the field.” Juniper would say in a calm tone.

“Not so fast I’ll chain Infinite Impermanence to negate the effect.” Hyper would say to the dismay of Juniper. “Let’s get in there, Kitedrake finish this off with a Heavy Hurricane!” Hyper would shout as the dragon curled around Juniper moving faster and faster till a tornado appeared around her blowing her to the ground.

End of Duel
Hyper Cross: 5800
Juniper Lily: 0

“Alright, both of you have shown your strengths, and weaknesses. I'll join the team on one condition.” I would say looking at the principles.

“Perfect you six will make the first duel team for Canterlot High!” Celestia would ignore me again.

“Wait six?” I would ask as three familiar faces walked around the corner as if on cue from the two sisters.

“Yo Starshot what’s up!” Dash would say with both Sunset, and Twilight standing next to her in her normal shy posture.

“God damn it.” I mumbled as the girls ran up to him, almost tackling him.