• Published 14th Feb 2022
  • 253 Views, 1 Comments

Snuggly Wuggly - Lunatic God



When Princess Celestia had a bad day in day court, she turns to her guards for assistance.

  • ...
 1
 253

Snuggle Pile!

Author's Note:

i really really really hope I didnt accidentally leave anything non-sfw in here

Princess Celestia sighed. sighed. It had been an especially long day in court today, having been approached by the usual squabble of uptight nobles and occasional pony with actual manners and common sense, keeping her from going mad. She looked forward to relaxing after today’s duties.

The large wooden doors shut after the noble. After a painfully long couple of minutes, her sun reached the peak of its arc in the sky, and the doors reopened, admitting a pair of her personal guardstallions clad in standard Royal Guard armor, sporting a special golden color crest as opposed to the standard blue Royal guard crest and their unique cutie marks emblazoned on the flanks of their armor, their golden horseshoes clanking on the pristine tile and casting an echo across the large empty throne room as they came to a stop in the middle of the room at the base of the stairs leading up to her throne, then dropped into a low and respectful bow. She let out a heavy sigh and broke her perfect princess posture to lounge back and relax.

“At ease,” she projected softly, allowing her voice to bounce from the walls to their erect ears, sliding off the throne as they rose, her crown slanting a bit as her own golden horseshoes thudded lightly against the red carpet as she landed on her hooves before approaching the two, and her multicolored mane and tail flowing in an ethereal breeze somehow had a few hairs sticking out, and the guardstallions noted in their minds to stop by her personal chambers and fetch her manebrush.

The expression on her low hanging head was of one consistent with a pony coming home after a long day of frustrating work, her ears drooping near horizontally with her eyes half closed and mouth in an uncaring light scowl, her lavender pupils unfocused and staring past them as her hooves practically slid across the carpet, barely lifting off the ground as her wings hung slightly at her sides, creating a very unsavory image unbefitting of a Princess.

“My dearest guardstallions,” she started in a soft tone as she stopped between them, listening to them turn and stand close on either side of her.

“Yes, your highness?” They stated in unison.

“Drop the title,” she mumbled, and they nodded in tandem. She unfurled her already slightly opened wings and draped them across their backs, using the barest amount of effort to pull them against her sides. “Gentlestallions, today has been especially taxing on me. As such, I request your presence by my side this afternoon.” They both nodded again.

“Turn in your armor for the day, clean yourselves as if preparing for a night alone at home, and meet me in the gardens within the hour.” She barely lifted her wings from their backs, and watched as the released stallions nodded and trotted off, before beginning her own trek through the castle.


Half an hour ahead of schedule, the two pegasi exited the castle into the gardens of Canterlot, followed the carefully maintained path for a while, then turned off into the grass as they spotted the Princess beside the clear stream that ran throughout the garden, lying on her back with her limbs and wings splayed out, her eyes closed as her ivory fur, bare of any regalia, soaked in the sun.

“‘Twas quick of you,” Celestia remarked softly in old Ponish and the royal we as they got close. “As we expected. Come, relax with us,” she requested, lazily beckoning them over with a hoof. They sat somewhat near her head, sitting straight and unnaturally still as they scanned their surroundings. Celestia snorted, predicting what they were doing without so much as a peek.

“Relax,” she told them. “Nopony would dare raise a hoof to us solo, let alone with you two handsome rogues guarding us. Now come, snuggle as if we were a plush.” She folded her wings against her sides lazily and moved her forelegs to extend out beside her. Carefully, the two ponies laid down on either side of her, their heads parallel with her flanks and tails curled around their flanks to avoid brushing Celestia’s forelegs as they still scanned their surroundings, facing the opposite direction as Celestia. Without looking, she quietly opened her wings and expertly manipulated them to gently whack the back of their heads.

“Relax, ye colts. Get comfortable,” she ordered. They hesitantly obeyed, shifting into more comfortable positions and slowly laying their heads onto the grass, although still avoiding physical contact with her, and Celestia sighed in satisfaction as her mouth curved upwards in a warm smile.

“There you go,” she said softly, and they laid in silence for a while, listening to the chirping of the birds and the low hum of the stream.

“What are thy names, our little ponies?" Celestia asked.

“Silver Shot," the gray pegasus to her left answered.

“Low Leaf,” the green pony to her right replied.

“So, Silver Shot and Low Leaf,” Celestia started gently, her words slow and thought out. “It has come to our attention that many of our guards have been… gawking at the royal body.” Their eyes shot open in surprise. “Do not worry, our little ponies. Know that we take great pride and pleasure in ponies appreciating the work the hairdressers put into keeping us clean and presentable.” They both quietly sighed in relief. “Do try to keep your staring hidden though, many ponies do not expect or respect that behavior from a guard.” She shifted a little.

“However, that is not the subject of this conversation. It has come to our attention that your admirable duties of keeping us safe has prevented you from anything more than occasional glances. As such, we have an offer for you.” She stated.

“Well… ‘tis less an offer than an invitation,” she corrected herself. “Ye shall, or ye shall not, take this opportunity to garner a closer look at the royal body. Preen out wings, brush our hair, snuggle into our fur…” She listed off. “’Tis all available for ye fine gentlestallions. All ye must do is ask.” Celestia put her hooves behind her head with a smile.

“Your highness–” the one on her left started after a moment.

“Call us Tia,” she interrupted.

“Tia,” he hesitantly corrected himself. “Is this a one time opportunity?”

“We are so glad thou asked,” Celestia giggled. “Fortunately for thee, ‘tis not. So long as ye do not interrupt our activities at the time, thou may gawk at or touch us.”

“Pri… uh, Tia,” the other stallion started softly. “Since I was a wee colt, I have always wanted to um, roll up in one of your wings and fall asleep while snuggling into your soft fur,” he admitted, his tail brushing across the ground once.

“‘Twould be our pleasure,” Celestia giggled, expanding her right wing, draping it over his back. Quickly, he crawled out from under it and then carefully laid against her side, snuggled against her with his head laid atop Celestia’s chest, eyes closed with a smile, which spread to Celestia as she wrapped her wing around him, half of it laying across her belly as he was held tight to her side.

“Tia,” Silver Shot called softly. “I um, have a few friends who have always dreamed of snuggling with you. To be a good friend, may I fetch them?”

“Definitely,” Celestia answered. With a smile, he stood and flew off towards the castle.


Within an hour, pretty much all the Royal Guards in the castle, on-duty and off-duty, mare and stallion, were all snuggling in the garden, forming a snuggle pile of just about one hundred ponies, all centered around Princess Celestia.

Princess Luna flew towards Celestia, lowering herself to hover just above her sister with a confused look, watching as two stallions gently brushed her mane and tail with smiles.

“What is this, sister?” Luna asked.

“Thou cannot see?” Celestia answered. “We are snuggling.”

“Yes, but why?” Luna asked.

“Why not?” Celestia answered.

After a moment of thought, Luna shrugged and lowered herself onto her sister, hugging her and with closed eyes and a smile.

Comments ( 1 )

cute and adorable!

Login or register to comment