• Published 21st Dec 2021
  • 979 Views, 15 Comments

Chad and Spike acting like Brothers for 1,169 words - Alpha Wolf 4500



Chad and Spike consider themselves as brothers, and they act accordingly

  • ...
1
 15
 979

Brothers will be Brothers

Downstairs in Chad’s room, Spike and Chad were playing a fighting game known as Martial Arts Monsters. Chad was using a character known as Metal Tiger, a black tiger with white stripes, a pair of metal wings and a red, right eye. Spike was using a character known as Blue Fire Bovine, a minotaur with lion paws for hind legs and Dragon spines on his back. Spike was spamming a fire ball attack that Blue Fire Bovine could use, but Chad was spamming wing counter, which reflected it back at Blue Fire Bovine, damaging him.

“Come on! Quit spamming!” Spike exclaimed.

“You quit spamming!” Chad exclaimed back.

“That’s the only button you know!” Spike exclaimed before Chad used a charge attack, Knocking Blue Fire Bovine’s health to zero.

“What?!” Spike exclaimed as he stood up. “When does this that head charge attack do that much damage!”

“Since you kept damaging yourself from spamming.” Chad remarked. Spike shoved him and started round two. Chad bumped him back and began attacking. Spike pounced on him and the two started wrestling. Metal Tiger and Blue Flame Bovine went into their idle waiting stance due to not being controlled for a while, which made them look like they were watching the brothers wrestle.


It was late at night and Spike was standing in front of the refrigerator as Chad was on top of it, grabbing a cookie jar. The two of them were being very quiet, not for Twilight and Bandit, but a different reason entirely. Chad dropped it down to Spike, who caught it and carefully walked to a table. Chad hopped down and Spike placed the cookie jar on the table. He took the top off and placed it on the table, only for it to make a faint clink sound. Spike and Chad cringed and Chad began twitching his ears. Two wings flapping, and eight legs were heard making their way to them.

“Nice going Spike.” Chad muttered.

“My bad.” Spike muttered. Achilles, Ace, Klaw, Fang and Owlowliscious came running/flying in. They sat in front of them, clearly wanting some cookies too.

Chad groaned and started handing them out.


At noon, Spike walked to Chad's room, where Chad was peacfully reading a comic book with his tv on as background noise. Spike walked into his room and looked at him. Seeing him in his peripheral vision, Chad looked in his direction and saw him just standing there.

“Uh, yeah?” Chad asked. Spike just knocked his comic books off of a nearby dresser and took off back up the stairs. Chad dropped his comic book and ran up the stairs after him.


Walking through Ponyville, Spike and Chad were headed to Sugar Cube corner for some snacks. As they walked, a mosquito landed on Spike’s back, and Chad spotted it. Chad hit Spike’s back to kill the mosquito with no hesitation, Spike arched his back and turned to Chad.

“OW! What was that for!?” Spike exclaimed.

“You had a mosquito on your back.” Chad shrugged.

“I have thick scales you moron, I wouldn’t have felt it bite me!” Spike told him.

“If your scales were thick enough you wouldn’t have felt that slap.” Chad told him. Spike tackled him.


Chad and Spike were watching a movie in Chad’s room. As they watched, a rather ugly character was shown on screen. Spike nudged Chad and pointed to the ugly character.

“Look Chad, it’s you.” Spike told him. Chad looked at him unamused.

“Oh ha ha.” Chad said as Spike snickered. Then the movie showed a punching bag, Chad paused it and pointed.

“Hey Spike, look it’s you!” Chad pointed out. Spike just looked confused.

“I don’t get it.” Spike said. That’s when Chad punched him in the arm.

“Ow!” Spike said as he rubbed his arm, he glared at Chad who gave a sly smirk. “I’ll give you that one.”


Spike stomped into the kitchen, where Chad was filling Ace’s food bowl.

“Chad!” Spike called. Chad turned to him.

“Yeah?” He asked.

“Did you eat my cookies?” Spike asked him. Chad rolled his eyes.

“No.” Chad answered. Spike obviously didn’t believe him.

“How am I supposed to believe you?” Spike glared at him.

“Because I despise the Bijou Cookie brand and I lose respect for you everytime I see you eating that poor excuse of a cookie.” Chad told him. Spike flicked his nose.

“Hey!” He said as he rubbed his nose. A crunch was heard above them, making them both look at Achilles, who was eating one of the cookies.

“Achilles! Drop that cookie right now!” Spike demanded of his harpy eagle. Achilles looked at Spike and began using his beak to break up the cookie as he dropped it to him. Spike glared at Achilles.

“Not….cool.”


“You have to hit between the second pin and the first pin.” Chad was heard saying to Spike. They were both in the bowling alley and Spike was trying to go for a strike, who hadn’t gotten one the entire game.

“I am aiming between those two pins the entire game!” Spike told him back.

“Yeah, and you’ve been missing, you have to aim before you roll you know.” Chad added, irritating Spike.

“I am aiming!”

“For what the gutter?” Chad asked. Spike rolled again, and only knocked down 4 pins. Chad looked at the remaining pins and then looked at Spike.

“I think you missed a few pins.”

“Shut up.”


At Sugar Cube Corner, Spike was looking at two cupcakes with green frosting on top. He was observing them to see which had more frosting.

“Will you just pick one?” Chad asked.

“Wait, I’m trying to see which one has more frosting.” Spike said, looking at it from the side. Chad looked at them as well.

“The one on the left has more frosting.” Chad told him. Spike went to look.

“You sure?” Spike said, not seeing Chad pick up the one on the right, throwing it in his face.

“Now it does.” Chad said as he snatched the left cupcake and ran as Spike gave chase.


Spike was asleep on the floor back at the library. Chad walked up the stairs and looked at him. Rolling his eyes with a smirk and walked over to grab him and put him back in his bed and placed the blanket over him. He walked off to head to his room and walked past a sharpie. He stopped and remembered what Spike did in Boast Busters and grabbed the sharpie, heading right back up.


The next morning, Chad was laughing at Spike as he was trying to wash the markings off his face. ‘傻子’ was written all over his face.

“You are petty. You are really petty.” Spike said as Chad was still laughing..


In a diner, Spike and Chad were enjoying themselves some milkshakes.

They took a moment to look at one another

gave each other a hoof/claw bump,

and went back to drinking for no other reason other than vibes.

Author's Note:

Art by BrutalWeather, hope you all like this little story, and I'll see you all later!

Comments ( 15 )

Just because of vibes. I love it. Awesome work once again.

Typical brothers if there ever were!

11090443
Sometimes, you just gotta vibe.

Absolutely Adorable XD

It was a peaceful afternoon, and Spike was in his room reading a comic book with his tv on as background noise. Spike walked into his room and looked at him. Seeing him in his peripheral vision, Chad looked in his direction and saw him just standing there.

“Uh, yeah?” Chad asked. Spike just knocked his comic books off of a nearby dresser and took off back up the stairs. Chad dropped his comic book and ran up the stairs after him.

Did you meant to say Chad instead of Spike being in his room reading a comic book?

A lovely short story!

I never realized or questioned this, but
Is Chad a Red Carapace Changeling?
Sorry if I spelled that wrong.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Years.

Login or register to comment