• Published 30th Dec 2021
  • 331 Views, 3 Comments

In Between - LulaMoonBow



Sunset Shimmer meets her original human self, who is unconciously destroying both the worlds Sunset knows.

  • ...
 3
 331

Chapter 7

“Ah reckon the culprit would have to know ’bout the portal or at least that a pony world exists,” noted Applejack.

“Hmm... I reckon you are right,” Rarity agreed. “That would mean all students and teachers at CHS and Crystal Prep.”

“So, are we like, gonna spy on them or something?” Dash hoped.

“Let’s maybe not spy on them, but we will have to investigate them.”

“Yes, Sunset is right. Getting caught by someone who knows their magic spells would not be pretty,” Pinkie blew through her pipe.

“Um, where did you get that?” Dash asked about her detective costume.

Pinkie Pie was clothed in long, brown boot cut jeans and a leather coat. She had a black T-shirt on under her coat and a plaid hat on her hot pink hair.

“I stash detective stuff all over campus in case of a detective emergency!”

“Even though the costume could use some work, Pinkie‘s got the right idea,” Rarity mentioned. “You know what they say, clothes make the pony!”

“Who says that?” Rainbow asked.

“Um, Rarity?”

“You know, them,” Rarity replied and started to walk away until Applejack stopped her.

“An’ where do ya think you’re goin’?”

“Well, if we’re going to defeat some power hungry villain, we should at least do it in style.”

“Rarity, we’re tryna help Sunset here, not host a fashion show. So let’s try to focus on the task at hand ,okay?”

“Rarity?”

“Applejack’s got a point, Rares. The worlds might be at stake,” mentioned Sunset.

“Fine,” Rarity huffed. “But don’t blame me if I’m not of much use. I simply cannot do anything unless it gives my creative side some inspiration.”

Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes.

“RARITY!!” Fluttershy yelled. Everyone stared at her. “Oops sorry, I didn’t mean to yell, I am really really sorry, and I am also sorry if I interrupted you, I didn’t...”

“Go on, Fluttershy,” Rarity interrupted. “What did you want to tell me?”

“I think that you might’ve accidentally said clothes make the PONY, accidentally, but it’s not really a big deal or anything.”

“I did, didn’t I? Please excuse me, I meant person. Now, where were we?”

“It may have just been a small mistake, but we shouldn’t correct it and then ignore the fact that it ever happened,” Sunset snapped, starting to feel annoyed. “It might be an important clue! It might help us find out what’s going on between the two worlds!”

“Go tell Twilight about your new clue. She’ll be able to figure it out, she’s good with all this egghead stuff,” Rainbow dryly stated, apparently the only one who hadn’t been surprised or effected by Sunset’s sudden outburst.

“Where is Twilight?” asked Sunset, her voice calm but still with a tinge of annoyance.

Dash shrugged her shoulders. “Class started ten minutes ago.”

“Oh.”

An awkward silence hung around them.

“Well, I guess I’ll talk to her during break.”

Comments ( 1 )

Your first chapter started out with good dialogue and scene building, but it’s gotten choppy and rushed as you’ve gone further. Especially in the dialogue between Sunset and Twilight. Sunset had a good motive for not being happy with Twight, but the resolution was a bit dry. It might be worth checking into that and fixing the pacing.

Login or register to comment