• Published 19th Apr 2022
  • 583 Views, 43 Comments

Mercenary Tales - Slendy



Being a wanted woman in Equestria wasn't easy; keeping your infamy high, evading annoying ponies thinking themselves the heroes, and being consistently reminded how badass you are. W has many stories left to share.

  • ...
1
 43
 583

0-8 Rancour

"Man this sucks..." W was sick and tired of being cooped up for so long. She wanted do something! Astra was somewhere in the castle, and Sora was doing prince things and W knew fine rightly he'd be distracted if she was around, not that she thought that was a bad thing, she was a great distraction. Instead, she wandered aimlessly in search for something to do while her body was on the mend. "Maybe I should take a peek at all the chaos in the city? Shit really hit the fan with that Catastrophe..."

Just then, a loud crash was heard, forcing W to turn left instantly at a crossroads to find quite the sight. One of the maids with a baby-blue coat and a darker shade of blue for her silky mane tied back, leaving her pink eyes exposed with embarrassment and shame. At her hooves was a the shattered remains of a vase. "Wait, people still like leaving vases out on pedestals?" She wondered. But there was on other issue here.

"You disrespectful wretch, these artefacts cost more than what you could make in half your lifetime," A guard was barking insults at her as she shrank under his threatening tone. Brown mane, coat, eyes, yep, definitely ran out of ideas when the world created him, W speculated.

"I-I'm sorry, it was an accident!" She tried to explain but was basically against the wall with Mr Jackass right up in her face.

"You'll be lucky if you won't be fined for this, but I suggest looking for a job elsewhere, you bi-"

"Seriously? You're that bent over a piece of ceramic?" W had heard enough, already strutting over with her arms cross, a flat stare present as the two noticed her. "Swift, come on," W's tail wagged for the mare to come over to her but the guard didn't let her pass, shoving Swift back against the wall. "Oi, just cause you're lonely doesn't mean you take it out on a lady, asshole,"

"That's enough out of you, creature," He snorted, glaring daggers up at the Sarkaz. "Canterlot would be better off without you; both you and the 'Prince', tch, as if he is anything but some creature bucking brat that kissed up to the Princesses,"

W whistled at that, "Wooow, that's definitely scathing, long diary entry about that one tonight," She drawled on, "And honestly, you think anyone's gonna give a rat's ass what your opinion on Sora is? Let alone me, I'm a Goddamn hero to this crap world, they'd kiss my feet if I asked," That made her smile wickedly. "Man, I should've gotten Sparkle Butt and her merry band of idiots to do that, tch, missed opportunity."

Then W asked, "Wait, what's your name again?"

"Rocklock-"

"Hear that?" W raised a hand to her ear, looking around with mocked surprise. "No body cares, funny that." With an easy-going smirk, W stepped close enough to use her tail to yank Rocklock's hoof back for Swift to quickly move in behind the mercenary. "You stick with me, Swifty,"

"T-thank you, W-W," She smiled anxiously up at the silverette who watched Rocklock draw his sword.

"Really? A sword?" W was really not in the mood for this.

"The Princess should've killed you while we had the chance, something like you doesn't deserve to be here, any of you! The Prince, that little silver-eyed brat, hmph, Cinder is better off dead-"

*BAM!*

Swift jumped in fright as the wall next to Rocklock's head was splintered by W's fist, blood dripping down from her knuckle as she burrowed her hellish eyes into the stallion's own, pinprick orbs. The demonic pupils dark against the radiant inferno in her irises. "You don't get it, I hate this world, I hate almost ever living creature on this disgusting planet, so if you think you're safe from me because I'm living under the same roof as some bitch who moves the sun then you're woefully underestimating what little patience I have left,"

She leaned closer, wrenching the sword from his hoof and tossing it down the hall. Then, with her right hand, W latch it around the brown pony's throat, dragging him up the wall as his hooves kicked against her sore spots but she didn't even buckle. "Cinder is more of a hero than you could ever hope to be, I could never be like him, so if you dare insult his memory, I swear to you that I'll make you pay-" One last clench forced a strained gasp from Rocklock as hell burned in her eyes. "-and it's gonna hurt,"

Like a sack of bricks, W left Rocklock gasping on the floor as her smile returned, ruffling Swift's mane. "Come-Come, Swifty, we'll get this straitened out - but seriously, who still likes vases presented so precariously? Get a shelf people,"

"Not that I'm not appreciative, but, are you okay?" She asked as W walked in silence for a moment longer. "W?"

"I figured not everyone was happy about me being right, and what I said is true, I won't ever feel comfortable in this place," She motioned to the walls. "But, there's some that I like, congrats, you're on that list, Swifty,"

Swift blinked then let out a small giggle behind her hoof. "Well... the feeling's mutual," Then she scooted closer. "Soooo..."

"What?" W cocked her head at Swift's mischievous smile.

"Duh, you and Sora, come on, he's been avoiding me about the details, spill," She huffed, adamant about finding an answer.

W, for her part, was staring blank for a moment, then, she scratched her pink cheek with a nervous laugh. "W-well... uh, let's just say our first meeting was... deadly,"

"Oooh, go on," Swift wasn't letting up now.

"Oh boy..." W realized staying in her room might've been better for her after all.

End

Author's Note:

Been a while but I did say this was just a place for random takes about Renegade. In this short we see that not everyone likes the awesomeness that is W, shame, and is rightfully put in his place. Anywho, hope you enjoyed, I appreciate the support as always; seeya next time, Renegades!

Comments ( 25 )

Rough and fuelled by anger, but with the silver tongue of a devil and a oh too sweat smile filled with spite.

Sometimes I get the feeling u don't like the Mane 6 do to how you portray them in some of your stories like indomitable or renegade, is there a reason for that I'm curious 🤔

11310264
Actually, not really. For Renegade it suited the purpose of pitting Equestria against W. As for Indomitable, that's just Twilight. Out of all of the Mane 6, Twi can be really irritable at times but I don't outright hate any of them.

Though yeah my stories don't exactly paint a good image of that, huh? :rainbowlaugh:

11310269
Yeah, giving some mixed signals

11310272
Well, if it helps, out of the Six I like Fluttershy the most, but top pony for me is Vinyl hands down.

11310273
You have great taste😉

11310277
Oh, have u heard of punishing grey raven

11310280
Crap, it's a pretty cool game don't know if it your type of thing though

11310286
Perhaps, when I'm not devoted to the game I'm on now I might need to look into this one. Another gacha like Arknights that is actually F2P friendly.

11310288
Gacha, than have u heard of Genshin impact

11310293
I'm not going back there

11310299
Great game but the chances of pulling literally anyone would put me in faster debt than my own country

11310301
Would u still be willing to make a fanfiction about it there aren't that many good ones

11310320
Unfortunately no, I’ve got no knowledge of said game and I’d need to be motivated to do so

11310337
A valiant effort

11310367
Thanks, what games have u heard of, other than the obvious

11310369
If we're talking Gacha games, AFK Arena, Azur Lane, Honkai Impact 3rd

11310376
HONKAI IMPACT 3RD😍😍😍 bruh u really have good taste😎
Even thought about making a story about that for the displaced. Also there is one story that I know on FF.net that's amazing I could show it to you. It's called an Unexpected Impact

11310378
Mind you, I've 'heard' of these, not played them, so again, I'm clueless to what's what

11310393
So am I, although YouTube helps

Login or register to comment