• Published 19th Apr 2022
  • 583 Views, 43 Comments

Mercenary Tales - Slendy



Being a wanted woman in Equestria wasn't easy; keeping your infamy high, evading annoying ponies thinking themselves the heroes, and being consistently reminded how badass you are. W has many stories left to share.

  • ...
1
 43
 583

0-4 Meet the Parent

If you could list W's problems in Equestria, you'd be needing a new quill and a fresh pot of ink. The top five would go as followed; The Elements of Harmony, need she say more? The Royal Guard, as stupid as they are, have numbers, so throwing bodies at W was effective. Cliffheart, a sharp hunter who basically hunted her across the country for weeks, and wasn't as dumb as his lackeys. The Infected, Slugs, and Metal Crabs were one thing, but throw in the likes of The Forsaken or Sarkaz mercenaries and it'll be another story. Kranon, a Vex with shapeshifting powers, may be dead, but at the time, he was the core of all of W's strife.

This situation was to be added to the list. "So, uh... hi?" Sitting on a bench in a lovely garden at Canterlot Castle, W looked at anything but the mare on the opposite bench under a white marble gazebo.

Celestia was quietly admiring the fauna, soon addressing W with a soft stare, but the merc saw it, behind those magenta eyes was the full wrath of the sun that could break loose at any moment. She liked her odds, I mean, she did put a failed creation of the Gods six feet under. But the monarch was still a dangerous card in play, and W's hand was empty.

"W-" The Sarkaz sat a little straighter at that smile, she didn't trust that smile. "-I apologize for calling you to meet me while you recover still, I'm aware your injuries were extensive."

Looking down, W wore baggy trousers and her boots but only a grey sports bra as her stomach, and around her arms to her shoulders were mummified, she didn't feel sore but too much strain was a lot for her to handle. "Eh, I've been through worse, I think you'd know," W replied with a shrug, not wanting to press her luck. "Whazzup?"

"Mm, it's about Sora, if you're willing to answer a few questions I had?" Since the silverette didn't answer, Celestia took that as her turn to continue. "How was he? As a companion, I mean?"

W tilted her head thoughtfully, cross-referencing her memories with the Sora of today. "...a pain in my ass, nagged about my actions, kept the fact he's a Prince secret, worried a lot, and stuck his nose into my business," She was flat, unamused, and yet, her eyes softened at her lap. "...but he's kind, gentle, patient to listen to my constant complaints, he could shut me up when I was wrong too... not to mention strong, smart, helluva fighter to--" She froze, seeing Celestia eyed her silently as a pink blush rose to the merc's face, and her tail quickly dismissed the rest. "He's alright."

"Indeed," Celestia mused.

"Sure thing, Zavala," W waved off with a huff.

"My next question," This was when Celestia sat forward with a tiny smile crawling up her muzzle. "What is your relationship with my son?"

"Crap!" W froze in place, antenna twitching as she grinned nervously, scratching her cheek. "A-ah, well, y'know, we're uh, close I guess... uh, guy listens to me and... stuff, yeah! Just um, close..."

"Close how?" She pressed. "I'm curious, I approached him earlier and he tripped over his words, so I imagined a sharp woman, such as yourself, would provide a far more transparent reply."

"Oh, she's freakin' enjoying this!" W was having a mild panic attack. I mean, how do you say to your partner's adoptive mother that you two banged after getting completely plastered in some town at night? "Should I just say it? I mean, worst that happens, I die and awaken in the afterlife, not a virgin, so hey, silver lining," That was about as good as saying she was rich with only two nickles in her pocket. Stomaching a lump of lead, W's cheeks began to burn a little hotter. "We're... t-t-together... r-romantically...?"

The monarch nodded, eyes warm and understanding. "That's great to hear," That one sentence tore down W's facade with a slack jaw stare.

"You're seriously not upset?" She had to get her ears checked later for damage too.

Celestia sat back, shaking her head. "I may be a ruling body of Equestria, and believe me, the safety of my child, blood or not, is my top priority," Then she smiled more openly. "But I won't jeopardize his happiness, you haven't the slightest idea the kind of discrimination he's undergone before you were brought to this world, it scarred him." There. That right there lit the hellish fire W was afraid to unleash herself. A mother with a hatred for those that hurt her child. W felt it herself with Astra so she could relate to a degree.

"What... exactly happened?" W, no longer sweating up a storm, sat forward with a firm stare. "Sora's open but I feel he skipped a few volumes in the 'my life is shit' chronicles."

Not minding the girl's vulgar words, the Princess exhaled tiredly, looking around the pristine garden. "My ponies are wonderful but the societal norm of what's accepted runs deep in all sentient creatures, when Sora first arrived, he was ostracized immediately, nobles were the most vicious, appealing to lock him up or dare experiment on him," That tone dripped with venom that W nearly choked on. "Verbal, sometimes physical abuse, left him pensive about relationships. A few in my personal staff were all he had, Cliffheart and a maid, Swift, were among his closest companions, but romance? I'm afraid I had no solution to that, I was scared he would never find anypony."

"Then," Her harsh gaze vanished, and a kind warmth stretched between the Princess and the mercenary like a summer haze. "I see him demand from the very ponies he was afraid to confront that they hand over a girl who at the time was a threat to the country. Drawing his weapons no less, if not for the complicated circumstances, I'd have smiled, but back then, I was left speechless for I had never felt so happy for Sora," Celestia closed her eyes with a sweet smile. "I do hope you'll keep bringing out that stronger side of him, Miss W."

Hearing all this made the girl blush, unable to word a real retort or simply brush off the compliments. Just days ago, W demanded the Princess give her whatever she wanted, and the alicorn did so without complaint, hell, if W wished it, she could've milked the pampering for all she could gain. And now, she was sitting here, talking about romance with the millennium-old pony like it was a council session.

Rubbing her nape with her tail, W looked the other way with a wavy frown. "...I'll do my best, Sun-Butt," "I can't even be mad, dammit."

"Then once more, I thank you for your understanding,"

There was silence again, W was staring off into space, and Celestia, well, she had a devious look on her face.

"I would like to know one more thing... how far along are you two into your relationship?" As the Sarkaz sputtered and coughed on her own split, Celestia pressed further, raising a hoof to her smile to fake her shock. "I do hope I'm not expecting grandfoals someday."

"Nope-nope-nope-nope-nope-!" W threw her arms into an 'X', then zipped her lips, then knocked wood twice, crossed her fingers, did a prayer, everything before her arm shot out toward the edge of the garden, a white marble wall that lay against a cliff. "Okay, I'm jumping off that lovely cliff over there, hahaha!" W quickly sped walked away, face blood-red as steam rose from her silvery hair.

End

Author's Note:

Seems Celestia and W are getting along since Kranon's defeat. W may not be able to look at Sora directly for a while. I hope you enjoyed, I appreciate the support as always; seeya in the next chapter, Renegades!