• Published 6th Jun 2021
  • 514 Views, 45 Comments

Along New Tides II: Thalassocracy - Merchant Mariner



In a world left changed and deserted by a magical cataclysm, civilization slowly begins to reassert itself. These are the struggles of those who came first, their fights, travels, and adventures.

Comments ( 11 )

FOOT prints? I would say Baba Yaga or a changeling with bad information, based on the feel of magic and the green flash. Will wait for next chapter!

a grate chapter lots of action.


11106693
i am leaning towards changeling my self one that is pissed off.

Can a changeling get into HRI?

11048199
As for the god Abraham, he can be considered something other than other deities, as in the case of Percy Jackson, where there is evidence of a higher deity in this universe, evidence for this can be found in the book Heroes of Olympus: Diaries of the Demigods, more specifically in the story "The Son of Magic". In it, Hecate appears to the protagonist, Dr. Claymore, in the church. He seems to be praying. When Dr. Claymore asks Hecate, "If you yourself are a deity, who are you praying to?" Hecate replies, "I hope you find out." So the universe was created by God and mankind is the first intelligent species and lesser deities were born from their faiths. As for why God does not intervene, you can follow a similar path to Jack Baker's inquisitorial cycle, where the protagonist's guardian angel revealed to him that God had disappeared. and there are 3 theories in heaven about what happened to him. 1 says god is dead, 2 went to another dimension to see his works do without him, and 3 says god wanted to understand humanity better, so he forgot he was god and was reborn on earth as a human after death. is reborn as a different person with no memories of previous lives, will last until one day god remembers that he is god, among the angels who believe in the 3rd theory there is a group that is looking for a god and when they find him they intend to torture him so that he will never be again he dared to leave his children.
or something similar to this link where the Abrahamic god is the guardian.
. https://mojwlasnyswiat.miraheze.org/wiki/Mag%27azgrad%27letyh_Hraf%27mettg%27lio
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TopGod
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HaveYouSeenMyGod

11118138
With yhr anti magic fields. Who knows. Might work, might make them feel like shit, or it might push them out of their disguise

Comment posted by discord2004 deleted Nov 26th, 2023
Comment posted by discord2004 deleted Jan 28th, 2023

11048199
I have an idea of ​​what a dreamland might look like, in my opinion there should be certain laws in it, such as that night ponies (bat ponies) cannot influence other people's dreams if they do not allow it or use the knowledge they learn there if a given person allows it will not allow .
and this law should be governed by the gods of dreams like morpheus I got the idea from the pandemic universe https://www.fimfiction.net/group/212821/pandemic/thread/420868/night-pony-faq . https://www.fimfiction.net/blog/949142/night-pony-and-pegasi-differences. https://www.fimfiction.net/blog/841045/preview

11048199
and here's an idea for magical artifacts that the characters could encounter https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PublicDomainArtifact?from=Main.ShroudOfTurin

and that's the idea of ​​the kirins
Kirin have similar spellcasting magic as unicorns, although their spellcasting limits are much lower. However, Kirin are fireproof and do start literally flaming when they get angry, highly agitated, or feel threatened. They also have powerful talents in shaping wood .This is not growing wood, but bending it and reshaping it without breaking the wood. They can also increase other items' heat resistance (although if the new threshold for heat is reached the item will instantly and dramatically burst into flames like the kirin village did when they all went nirik at once).

Blanche snorted. "Maybe you shouldn't ask her for help. I ended up with a bag like a kangaroo. I am a kirin!"

Kirins have pouches, Tempest informed her.

Blanche turned her head to look at Tempest. "What?!"

“The Kirin have pouches,” Tempest repeated. “They are the least pony-like of all ponies, hence the reluctance of many ponies to accept them as such. One of the key differences in their tribe is that they do not give birth alive. They lay eggs like a dragon and can breed with dragons and ponies while producing viable offspring. They carry their eggs in a pouch after it is laid and then continue to keep their foal there for months after hatching, only taking them out for a few minutes at a time for the first few weeks. I believe this helps them protect the young and the environment from the influx of foals. Unicorns reportedly had this trait in the past, but lost it after extensive breeding with earth ponies. I doubt the preacher knows Ten.
Blanche stared. "I'm laying eggs?! Am I even a mammal?" This was also new to Charlotte, though she knew little about horsemen. It just wasn't something they taught in most public schools.

"You've got mammary glands in your pouch, so yeah," Tempest said dryly. Then she looked at her intuition. "If you're wondering, Princess Cadence has been keeping information from you. She wouldn't know the magic of transformation from the top of her head. This is something she would have to follow instructions for. He doesn't know how to change you."

idea comes from https://www.fimfiction.net/story/512425/a-shadow-of-myself

I imagine that Charybdis and his troops are like Rangda from the ascendant empire, i.e. magical Necromorphs armed with Tyranid weapons https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/imperium-ascendant-heresy-less-40k.596194/page-103?post=46907353#post-46907353
or https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/imperium-ascendant-heresy-less-40k.596194/page-350#post-64588148
and in my opinion the true form of charybdis looks like this

Their conversations were cut short however as the demon in question decided to show itself. In all its unholy glory, it was a hulking phantasmal mass of intertwined sanguineous bodies of all different species. Ponies, griffons, diamond dogs, their faces crying out in anguish. Its main face appeared formless however. Standing at least seven feet in height, it was horrifying to look at.

this is from The Happiest Place on Earth https://www.fimfiction.net/story/379750/the-happiest-place-on-earth

Login or register to comment