• Published 19th Apr 2021
  • 2,512 Views, 57 Comments

All Ends With Beginnings - SaltAnon



How did he end up here? What's in that book of his? What happened before he got here?

Comments ( 7 )

I’ll be honest, there was a lot of confusion.

Yay a happy ending for Simon- I mean Anonymous lol

Yeah the ending feels rushed but to be honest it kinda works because there wasn't that much world building to play around with the characters, it was mostly Anon's character building, so I think it works.

Besides for me the heavy and most amazing part was the journey trough the journal since it really did feel like a Silent Hill version of Cry of Fear and it was really cool and gloomy. I even ended up replaying Cry of Fear cuz of this fic.

I'm really glad I found this story and really hope to see more of your work. Cheers and take care!

Pretty good. I visit /mlp/ multiple times a day and didnt see this one there.
I was looking for sad and horror fics here and im glad i finally gave this a chance.

That being said the ending felt kinda weird in my opinion.
I loved the references (and some times direct interpretations) the story has with cry of fear, and for that reason I was expecting something different.
Im personally a sucker for sad endings, thats just how I am and I think that could have shaped my opinion on the fic.
For the ending I was waiting for a bittersweet one after all that has happened. Depression is something complex, something that time and time again i have seen depicted on the media in very poor fashion.
Life isnt a book or a movie, when a movie ends thats it, nothing else happens and stuff gets frozen for all eternity. IRL stuff just keeps rolling, no matter how bad things can get it always goes on and on. Thats why i feel mental problems are hard to depict without watering it down.
I loved cry of fear because even the best ending was a pretty fucked up turn of events all things considered, still i wouldnt have had it any other way. Simon is still an invalid, he killed two cops, her love interest was with another guy, hell probably be in that mental institution for the redt of his life and he is still depressed. And even with that he ended up much better than when started because he realized his problems and started the process of healing.
I feel like there is still chance of something bittersweet with the ending of this fic but maybe thats just me.
Still, great fic i liked it a lot and im gonna check your ponepaste now. Good to see that people still write shit for aie general, everyone seems to be over rgre.

Ps:im so glad you chose luna she is my fav

This reminds me of Silent Hill, which does what most horror games can't do-teach people to be brave.

Dude, he wrote this story then dipped.

Login or register to comment