• Published 24th Apr 2021
  • 757 Views, 3 Comments

A Diamond in the Rough - Lil Sunny



Diamond Tiara still regrets who she was and what she once did, maybe a friend can help her reconcile with the filly she loves.

  • ...
0
 3
 757

A Polished Finish

Randolph had called ahead to make sure there was a table waiting for the young filly he almost considered his granddaughter and her date for the evening. The filly in question, Diamond Tiara wore her signature tiara complete with a small silver dress and a light blush makeup.

“Now that’s my girl, you did a good job, old timer. Go on out there and knock her dead darling. Remember, nothing’s too expensive for my little filly.” Filthy Rich awwed at his daughter before she was to leave for her date.

“I must admit Diamond darling, you look divine. Silver Spoon will be wowed by the effort you went to I’m sure.” Even her mother, Spoiled Rich, hoped for her success that evening. She seemed to have everything going her way and all the support she needed. Now it was up to her.

Meanwhile in another home in Ponyville.

“Silver honey, you look beautiful, your little pink dress is adorable, your glasses are shined, your coat is glossy and you are radiating confidence.”

Silver Spoon blushed. “Thanks mom, I’ll make sure I’m back before it gets too late.”

“Spoony Woony, you don’t have to do that. Stay as long as you want with that fillyfriend of yours, as long as you’re back home by tomorrow afternoon at the latest. I trust you to be responsible and stay with her if you want to.”

“If you say so, thanks Mom. You’re the best.” Silver Spoon hugged her mother before walking out the door towards Sugarcube Corner.

At the cafe she was greeted by Pinkie Pie at the door.

“Hi Silver Spoon, looks like your date isn’t here yet, but don’t worry, I can put you in that nice corner booth over there to wait for her. Randolph called in earlier to reserve a table for you two. So, I don’t think you need to tell me but, do it anyway. Who’s the lucky filly!?”

“It’s who you think it is Pinkie, the only pony who has a butler in town.”

“Yep, that’s me.” Spoke a soft voice behind her. Diamond Tiara had arrived.

Silver Spoon’s eyes widened as she took in what stood before her. Her mouth hung wide open and one could almost see a tinge of red on her cheeks.

“I take it I look good then Spoony? You look beautiful too. Let’s go sit down shall we?”

Silver Spoon shook her head and nodded silently as the two were shown to a booth.

“Hmm, I don’t know what to order, I don’t have a lot of bits to work with so none of their expensive stuff.” Silver Spoon said while thinking out loud.

Diamond Tiara placed a hoof on Silver’s own.

“Spoony, I’m buying. Order whatever you want. Nothing is too good for my fillyfriend.”

“Even that really expensive super triple banana hot fudge sundae?”

“Let’s make it 2.” Diamond Tiara smirked.

After placing their orders the two fillies simply stared at each other.

“So.” Diamond began. “What was all that about earlier? You looked stunned, am I that beautiful?”

“That and so much more Di, you look breathtaking tonight, and you’re being so generous too. But I don’t want to seem like a bits digger who’s only here for your looks and money. I want you to have a great time.”

“Just being here with you is enough for any time to be magical Spoony.”

Their sundaes arrived and after a short while no trace of the desserts remained.

Diamond Tiara had a small patch of cream on her cheek., She reached for a napkin to clean it while blushing with embarrassment but Silver Spoon stopped her.

“Let me get that for you Di.” She smirked, licking the cream from Diamond Tiara’s cheek.

Diamond Tiara recoiled slightly and blushed deeply.

“You might be the better looking pony Di, but I know how to push all your buttons. And I think brains beat physical appearance any day.”

“Yeah? Well... well... You’re a nerd!” Diamond Tiara said pouting.

Silver Spoon giggled. “Guilty as charged, but you still like me anyway. Right Di?”

“No Silver, I don’t like you. If I liked you, I wouldn’t have asked you out. I love you.”

Silver Spoon blushed and cleared her throat.

“What exactly do you see in me Di? I’m not popular, or overly rich despite my upbringing. And I’m not exactly a looker.”

“You’re beautiful to me Spoony, and I don’t want some rich suitor Daddy decides to marry me off to. I want the pony I choose to be mine. I don’t care about popularity either, anymore. You’re perfect just the way you are, and you have a kind spirit. Kind enough to give even a monster like me a try. But what do you see in me?”

Silver Spoon reached for Diamond Tiara’s hoof and held it between her own.

“I see a filly who had a heart of coal, who was pressured into being perfect, and tempered her heart into a diamond. I see somepony who needed a friend, who needed guidance. Who needed to stand up for herself regardless of who stood in her way. I see somepony I was proud to call my friend, and that I’m more than happy to be together with.”

Diamond Tiara shed a single tear. “Do you really mean that Spoony?”

“Yes, Di. I do. I wish this night didn’t have to end. I’d love to cuddle with you or something.”

“Y’know, I do have a pretty big bed back home Spoony, if your mom’s ok with you staying over.”

Silver Spoon smirked. “Well she did tell me I could stay with you if I wanted as long as I was back before tomorrow afternoon.”

Diamond Tiara smirked back. “Well, I guess we’re going back to my place then.”

They paid for their food and began walking back towards Diamond Tiara’s home.

“Princess Luna makes some really pretty nights, doesn’t she Spoony?”

“Yep Di, she sure does. Look at those twinkling stars, and a beautiful waxing moon.”

Diamond Tiara smirked. “Nerd. But I still love you Spoony.” She kissed Silver Spoon’s cheek.

When they got to Diamond Tiara’s house, her father had left for an emergency with his brother in Manehattan. Her mother was there to greet them.

“Welcome home Diamond dear, I see you have company. Make sure you two behave, you are only fillies after all, I don’t want you to rush into something you’re not ready for.”

Diamond Tiara blushed. “Mom, it’s not like that. We’re just going to cuddle and go to sleep. We had a nice date and we just want to relax together. Sorry if you were expecting something beyond our age group.”

“Far from it dear, I expected you to be a proper lady and you certainly have been. I could ask for no more my dear daughter. Go on and get some sleep together, I’ll send up Randolph with some extra blankets later, it looks like it’s going to be cold tonight.”

“Thanks mom, come on Spoony.”

“I told you not to call me that in public!”

“Technically we’re at my house, not in public. And you only said not to say it in front of our classmates. You didn’t say anything about my mom.” Diamond Tiara stuck her tongue out at Silver Spoon as the two climbed the stairs to Diamond Tiara’s room.

Diamond Tiara removed her dress and hung it up. She looked expectantly at Silver Spoon.

“Aren’t you going to take your dress off?”

Silver Spoon smirked and made a show of slipping out of her dress, wiggling her flank in Diamond Tiara’s direction causing the filly to blush deeply.

“Like what you see Di?”

Diamond Tiara just wordlessly nodded as her fillyfriend climbed onto the bed beside her.

Silver Spoon scooted beside Diamond Tiara and nuzzled her neck, leaning her head into a crook underneath Diamond’s chin.

“This is nice, I could stay like this all night Di. I’m glad we worked things out. I should’ve said something sooner, but it was worth the wait anyway.”

Diamond Tiara lay her head atop Silver Spoon’s neck as the two snuggled close to each other.

“Yeah, I gotta remember to thank Apple Bloom for inspiring me to talk to you again. Let’s get some sleep Spoony. I love you.”

“I love you too Diamond.”

The two fillies fell asleep and later that evening, Randolph and Spoiled Rich both carefully placed blankets over their sleeping forms. They were happy together and only wish it had happened sooner.

Comments ( 3 )

Hey... this seems familiar to one of my stories. Not complaing though

What a clumsy and awkward story about clumsy and awkward young love. It couldn't fit better. :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment