• Published 24th Jan 2021
  • 10,662 Views, 616 Comments

Through the Eyes of Nightmare - Mister E-Nonymous



A boy from an orphanage in New York has had a tough life. He lost his parents when he was four, he got picked on by bullies in school, he got kidnapped and forced to steal a diamond, and now, he ends up in Equestria as a filly Nightmare Moon. Oh boy.

  • ...
40
 616
 10,662

Chapter 22

Chapter 22


Schoolhouse... Ponyville... Equestria... August 17th... 8:00 AM...

Twilight walked Moonlight to the Ponyville Schoolhouse. After what Moonlight had went through on the night of the Grand Galloping Gala, Twilight had to make it up to Moonlight. After the two of them got school supplies, Twilight did something that would cheer Moonlight up. She took Moonlight to the video arcade, then the two of them did some fun things in the park. It cheered Moonlight up enough. Then they ended the day by getting pizza.

Today was the day that Moonlight starts school in Equestria. Twilight wanted to make sure that Moonlight would be okay before she leaves her there for the day. They went in and saw Cheerilee writing on the chalkboard.

"Good morning, Cheerilee," Twilight said, smiling.

Cheerilee looked towards Twilight and Moonlight, she then got a heartbroken expression and said, "Twilight. I am so sorry, but I'm afraid that something has come up. I'm afraid that the head of the school board had refused to make Moonlight a student here."

"WHAT?!" Twilight shouted. "How could somepony just do that to a filly?"

"Because this school doesn't accept monsters for students," came the voice of another mare. Twilight, Moonlight and Cheerilee looked towards the voice, and who else would it be.

"You again?!" Twilight shouted.

"Twilight, this is Spoiled Rich," Cheerilee said. "She's the head of the school board. When she saw Moonlight's papers for her to go to school, she just threw them into the garbage."

"Why?!" Twilight snapped towards Spoiled Rich. "Moonlight didn't do anything bad!"

"Yet," Spoiled Rich said. "No way I'm going to let a monster like her do any harm to any students here. As long as I'm the head of the school board, she will not be a member of this classroom."

"Is that so?" came another voice. The four of them looked towards the door to see Princess Celestia standing there.

"Princess Celestia?!" Twilight asked shocked. "What are you doing here?"

"I had a feeling that not everypony in Ponyville is okay with Moonlight being here," Princess Celestia said. "Moonlight Sparkle is going to attend this school."

"WHAT?!" Spoiled Rich argued. "No, I won't let the monstrous pony of Equestria be in a public school. If she thinks coming to school and hurt my daughter, I'll make sure that she gets imprisoned."

"The last time somepony tried to punish Moonlight for crimes she didn't do, or any future crimes she wouldn't do, that pony ended up in the dungeon for life, and loss his credibility," Princess Celestia said.

"So some random pony lost his job and ended up in the dungeon for doing what's right," said Spoiled Rich. "I'm sure that pony will be released by Prince Blueblood." That made Twilight laugh at that statement. Spoiled Rich then looked over at Twilight with an angry look. "What are you laughing at?"

"He's not a prince anymore," Twilight said. "Because that's who Princess Celestia was talking about."

"WHAT?!" Spoiled Rich shouted.

"Now, Moonlight is going to be a student of this school, no exceptions," Princess Celestia said. "If you have a problem about that, too bad. She may be different than all the other ponies, but it doesn't mean she's not like us. So stop treating her so differently."

Spoiled Rich then groaned in frustration. She then walked out of the building. Princess Celestia then levitated the form sheet for Moonlight, approving her as a student of the school.

"Okay," Cheerilee said. "School doesn't start for another half hour. Why don't you go play on the playground until the first bell rings?"

Moonlight nodded. But before she headed outside, Twilight pulled her in for a hug, and nuzzled Moonlight's cheek and said, "You have a good day at school. I'll be back to pick you up."

"Okay," Moonlight said before heading outside.

Princess Celestia smiled and said, "I better get back to Canterlot. I have some important meetings to deal with."

Twilight nodded as Princess Celestia walked out of the building. Twilight followed and Princess Celestia took off into the sky.

Moonlight then looked over at the playground, and headed for the swing set. She got onto it, but fell off, landing on her back.

"Ow..." Moonlight said, laying on her back. She then opened her eyes and saw a set of small white hooves standing in front of her. She then looked up the body and saw a young white unicorn standing there.

"You okay?" the unicorn filly asked.

"Uhh... yeah," Moonlight said. She then rolled over and stood on her hooves. "Haven't really been on a swing like this."

"Oh, you must be Moonlight," the filly said. "My big sister, Rarity, has told me all about you."

"You're... Rarity's sister?" Moonlight asked. She then thought about something. She then remembered something from her first day in Equestria. When she was being renamed for the Equestrian public, she recalled that Rainbow Dash coming up with the name, Sweet Dreams. But Rarity remarked that she had a younger sister named Sweetie Belle. This filly was the filly that Rarity mentioned on her first day in Equestria.

"Rarity said not to judge you by how you look, but who you are on the inside," the filly said. "My name's Sweetie Belle. It's nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you, too," Moonlight said. She then tried to get up onto the swings, but her hind legs missed, so her stomach was pressed against the seat. "This is embarrassing."

Sweetie Belle giggled, walked up to the swing, sat on her haunches, and had the flat part of her forehooves against the flat part of Moonlight's forehooves. She then said, "Alright, I'm gonna push you over. Get ready to catch yourself on the ground. One... two... three!"

Sweetie Belle pushed Moonlight over and she got back on the ground.

Sweetie Belle then looked over at Moonlight and asked, "Don't you know how to get on a swing set?"

"I had a lot of trouble getting onto the swing set in the park," Moonlight said. "But, the seat there was bigger than this one." Moonlight patted the seat of the swing.

"Yeah, you have a point," Sweetie Belle said. Then a bunch of other school ponies came to the playground. "Looks like a bunch of other school ponies are coming in."

"Looks like it," Moonlight said. She then felt the urge to go. "Where's the bathroom?" Sweetie Belle then pointed over at the bathrooms on the side of the building. She went into the filly's restroom and headed over to one stall, but it was locked.

"Occupied!" came the raspy voice of a filly.

Moonlight then remembered that voice and asked, "Scootaloo? Is that you?"

The sound of a toilet flushing came in and the stall opened, and out came the orange filly that Moonlight met before. She then smiled and said, "Hey, Moonlight. Nice to see you again. Starting school today?"

"Yeah," Moonlight said. "Although, that mare, Spoiled Rich, tried to keep me out."

"Hey, I get it," Scootaloo said. "You're a filly. And fillies your age should be in school."

"Yeah," Moonlight said. "I just hope that my first day of school here doesn't go on with someone bullying."

"Don't worry," Scootaloo said, smirking. "If somepony's giving you trouble, I'll help out in anyway I can."

Moonlight smiled. She then remembered why she went into the restroom and headed for the toilet, and closed the stall door behind her.

"I'll see you later, Moonlight," Scootaloo said, walking out of the bathroom. Moonlight then relieved herself and sighed. When she got out of the bathroom, the school bell started ringing. She then ran towards the door, seeing a bunch of school foals running in.

As she was about to run in, the door slammed shut on her, and she cried out, "Hey! Let me in!" She then started banging on the door with one of her forehooves. "Miss Cheerilee! Let me in!"

The door then opened up and there stood Cheerilee, smiling down at her. She then said, "I'm so sorry about that, Moonlight. I have no idea who closed the door on you. Come on in so I can introduce you to the class."

Moonlight nodded and walked inside. Most of the fillies and colts inside were surprised at Moonlight coming in. Some were scared, and one certain pink filly was angry that she arrived. Give you one guess on who shut the door on her.

Cheerilee then stood in front of the class with Moonlight standing next to her. She then called out, "Good morning, class."

"Good morning, Miss Cheerilee," the class called out. Well, most of them.

"Alright, class, it may be the first of the new school year, but we have a new student joining us," Cheerilee said. "Her name is Moonlight, and I would like you all to treat her with kindness." Most of the class got nervous when Cheerilee said that. Cheerilee then leaned down towards Moonlight and said, "You go ahead and choose an empty seat."

Moonlight nodded and looked at the class, looking for an empty seat. She then saw one at the back row and walked towards it. As she was about to pass the second row, she tripped on something, yelling as she fell. That made most of the students laugh.

"Who did that?!" Cheerilee asked angrily. She looked over at the two fillies who Moonlight was passing. One being Apple Bloom, and the other one was the pink filly who gave the angry look towards her.

The pink filly then pointed towards Apple Bloom and said, "She did it!"

"What?! No!" Apple Bloom protested. "Ah'd never do that ta Moonlight."

"It was my left leg that got caught on something," Moonlight said.

The class then looked over at the pink filly, and Miss Cheerilee then said, "Diamond Tiara, I am ashamed of you."

"Why does she even have to be here in the first place?!" Diamond Tiara asked angrily, pointing a hoof at Moonlight. "She's a monster! She could attack us at any moment!"

"No I won't!" Moonlight shouted. "You're just like that stallion, Blueblood. He attacked me, tried to punish me for things I didn't do, and you know what happened to him?"

"I'm sure he would've been awarded something good," Diamond Tiara said, smirking.

"Nope," Moonlight said. "He was stripped of his royal title, locked up in the Canterlot Dungeon for life, and was ranked the biggest jerk in Equestria."

"Yeah, right," Diamond Tiara scoffed.

"Actually," Miss Cheerilee said, walking back to her desk in front of the class. She then pulled out a newspaper and brought it back to Diamond Tiara's desk. It showed on the front page that Blueblood was behind bars. "He was. In this article called 'Biggest Jerk of Equestria Locked Up for Life!' And as you can see, it's the former Prince, Blueblood."

"Why would they punish somepony for doing the right thing?!" Diamond Tiara asked, angrily.

"Because it wasn't," Cheerilee said. "There was a law that no pony was to punish Moonlight for crimes she did not commit, Blueblood broke it, and now he's paying the price." She then looked back at Moonlight and said, "Go take your seat."

Moonlight nodded, and headed for the desk she was heading to. She then sat at her desk and looked towards the blackboard. She was hoping to pay attention to Miss Cheerilee's teachings.


Golden Oaks Library... Ponyville... Equestria... August 17th... 2:55 PM...

Moonlight arrived back at the Golden Oaks Library. Spike was there dusting the books and the shelves, standing on Stan's back. Stan looked over towards the door.

"You're home!" Stan said, running towards Moonlight, making Spike jump and hang onto the shelf.

"Hey! Stan!" Spike complained. "Get me down!" Moonlight then lit up her horn, and grabbed a hold of Spike and set him down on the ground. "Oh, thanks, Moonlight." He then noticed that Moonlight had a sad look. "What's wrong, Moonlight?"

"I had a crummy first day of school," Moonlight said. "A pink filly named Diamond Tiara tripped me, called me a monster, she even called me, Apple Bloom and Twist pathetic just because we don't have... uh... what were those things called? The pictures on a pony's flanks?"

"Oh, Cutie Marks," Spike said. "They're a mark that represents a pony's special talent. The pony who has it usually knows what it means." Spike then walked over towards a ladder and climbed up it, then he reached for a book, came down, and showed it to Moonlight. "The Cutie Mark appears when they figure out or find their special talent. They have a magic of their own."

Moonlight thought about it and looked at her own flanks, seeing no mark there. She then sighed and asked, "Does having a Cutie Mark make you better than anypony else?"

"No," Spike said. "It doesn't make you better. Depends on the personality of the pony they are." Spike then put his claws on Moonlight's shoulder. "You know that everypony has different personalities. Besides. You're not a bad pony. You're just... misunderstood."

"The way I've been treated by that filly... it was worse than the bullies at my old school," Moonlight said.

"Don't worry about it," Spike said. "I'm sure that things will get better."

"I hope you're right, Spike," Moonlight said. Stan then started licking Moonlight's left cheek, making her laugh. "H-hey! Stan! That tickles!"

Stan stopped looking and said, "I'm sure that things will get better for you."

"I hope you're right, Stan," Moonlight said. She then headed for the door. "I'm gonna go for a walk."

"Alright, Moonlight," Spike said. "I'll make sure Twilight knows where you've gone. Just be back by dinner time."

Moonlight nodded and headed out the door.


Carousel Boutique... Ponyville... Equestria... August 17th... 4:00 PM...

Moonlight walked through town, hoping to clear her mind of all the troubles she went through that day. At some moment, Rarity saw her and insisted she talk about it, back at her boutique. Rarity offered Moonlight some tea, but Moonlight refused politely, and said that she doesn't drink tea.

Moonlight then told Rarity everything that happened on her first day of school. Rarity then thought of something to cheer Moonlight up.

"You shouldn't let the words of one filly bring you down," Rarity said. "I know for one thing, you are who you choose to be. You don't have to be what other ponies want you to be." Rarity then walked over to Moonlight, rubbed the filly's head, and said, "You're a good foal. Nopony should hate you for the wrong reasons."

"She's right," came another voice. The two of them looked over to where the voice came from and there stood Sweetie Belle. "Some ponies just don't want to hear the truth on certain occasions."

"Thank you, Sweetie Belle," Rarity said. "Now, why don't you go on home and tell Twilight about today? She'll be worrying about you if you keep this from her."

Moonlight nodded and headed out, heading home to talk with Twilight. That is, if Twilight was home.

Author's Note:

It wasn't very pleasant for Moonlight's first day of school, but at least things will get better from then on. Hopefully, there will be things that will bring her spirit up.



Or is it?! A Nightmare Moon filly, huh? Let's see if I can make her experience on true Chaos, and have her cause it. Hahahahahaha!

:twilightoops::pinkiegasp::rainbowderp: Oh, boy. Looks like Discord is up to his evil tricks again. Looks like we're gonna have to find a way to stop him. Final vote. When Moonlight encounters Discord and tries to corrupt her, who helps Moonlight overcome the corruption.

Option 1:

Shining Armor

Option 2:

Spike

Option 3:

Nyx (as a voice in Moonlight's head)

This is the last voting in the story. Remember, one vote for one character. No more than one choice can be made.