• Published 24th Jan 2021
  • 10,649 Views, 616 Comments

Through the Eyes of Nightmare - Mister E-Nonymous



A boy from an orphanage in New York has had a tough life. He lost his parents when he was four, he got picked on by bullies in school, he got kidnapped and forced to steal a diamond, and now, he ends up in Equestria as a filly Nightmare Moon. Oh boy.

  • ...
40
 616
 10,649

Chapter 7

Chapter 7


Golden Oaks Library... Ponyville... Equestria... June 9th... 7:30 AM...

The group had came back from Canterlot the previous day. Moonlight was happy that she was adopted by Twilight. She was spending as much cuddle time as possible. Shining Armor was a bit hesitant that Twilight had adopted a filly that looks a lot like Nightmare Moon, but he got to know her and how she lived her life before coming to Equestria. Since then, he decided to help Moonlight get used to her new family.

After that, Moonlight had stopped having terrible nightmares. She started sleeping more in peace when she slept with Twilight. Twilight wanted to do something special for Moonlight, so she and the family and friends took her to an ice cream shop in Canterlot. Moonlight was so happy that she was getting some ice cream.

After spending a couple of days in Canterlot, the Mane 6, Spike, Apple Bloom and Moonlight made it back to Ponyville. They all went back to their homes. Twilight was happy to have given Moonlight what she really needed. A family. She was happy to give a filly what she needed.

Twilight came down the stairs, leaving Moonlight upstairs to keep sleeping. They arrived back at the Golden Oaks Library late the previous night, letting the two fillies sleep as they were headed back to their homes. As soon as she got downstairs, something hit the door. Twilight opened the door to see a gray pegasus in a mail uniform flying away. But she crashed into a sign on the side of a building.

"Ooh, that's gotta hurt," Twilight said. Then she looked down and saw a newspaper at her hooves. She used her magic to lift it up and took it inside. Twilight headed into the kitchen and started reading it. Twilight was surprised that she and Moonlight were on the front page. It read:

Princess's Student Adopts Filly with a Cursed Form

Twilight Sparkle, the current prized student of Princess Celestia, has adopted the filly that has been cursed with the form of Nightmare Moon, the darker self of Princess Celestia's sister, Princess Luna. Princess Celestia has declared that the pony is not to be harmed, nor cruelly punished, in any way. To those who attack the filly currently known as Moonlight Sparkle shall be punished for the action of harming a foal.

Twilight sighed as she read the article. Hopefully, she won't have to worry about protesting ponies trying to hurt Moonlight again. Twilight then continued reading the paper.

In other news, Zesty Gourmand, Canterlot Food Critic, has been fired for abusing her power and threat to close down restaurants to be exactly what she wanted. Nopony can tell somepony how to run a restaurant or serve food the way one pony wants all food to be served.

"Yes," Twilight said. "Finally, somepony got what she deserved. At least the hayburger in Canterlot can go back to the way it was before."

Twilight's ears then twitched when the sound of Moonlight's voice came up.

"Mommy? Is everything okay?"

Twilight looked towards Moonlight with a smile. Twilight got up, and walked towards Moonlight and said, "Yes, Moonlight. Everything is okay." She then leaned her head down and nuzzled Moonlight. "I think it's time we get you to the doctor's for a physical."

"The doctor's?" Moonlight asked nervously. "You mean... like needles?"

Twilight giggled and said, "It'll be alright. How about this? You go to the doctor's, and after that, we'll go get some ice cream? Does that sound good?"

Moonlight was still nervous about going to the doctor's office, but she thought about the ice cream. Moonlight smiled and said, "I guess I could go for some ice cream."

"That's the spirit," Twilight said, rubbing Moonlight's head. "I'll make sure you are well taken care of." Moonlight smiled. Twilight then got up and said, "Now, c'mon. We got to get some breakfast in your stomach." She then headed for the pantry, and opened it up. She got out stuff for pancakes.


Middle of Ponyville... Equestria... June 9th... 2:30 PM...

Twilight, Spike and Moonlight were walking down the streets of Ponyville, passing ponies that were going about their day. But when they saw Moonlight, they got a strange expression. Twilight looked at all of the ponies and sighed.

"Look, everypony," Twilight said to the ponies. "Moonlight is not Nightmare Moon. She just looks like her. She's had a tough life before she even came here."

"We know," said one of the ponies. "A gem that can transport a creature and transform them into an age equivalent copy of a monster? That's so sad."'

"We're so sorry for how we were treating her the other day," said another pony. "Hopefully, you can forgive us."

Twilight was shocked by that, but recovered and said, "Well, I guess we can forgive you. As long as you convince ponies that still don't believe the truth that it's all good."

"We promise, Twilight," the first mare said. But then the ground started shaking.

"Mom?" Moonlight asked, getting scared. "What's happening?"

"STAMPEDE!!" came the voice of Rainbow Dash from above.

The ponies looked around and saw a stampede of cows running through town. All of the ponies were running, trying to get out of the way of the stampeding cows. Twilight moved ponies out of the way with her magic, trying to keep them from being trampled by the cows.

Applejack and Winona came in, herding the cows away from the town. Everypony was impressed by how much Applejack did with calming them down.

"Wow!" Moonlight said. "That was amazing!"

"It sure was, Moonlight," Twilight said. "Now, it's time for your physical. Better find the doctor's office."

Pinkie zoomed in and pointed towards one road, saying, "Oh, the hospital isn't that far from the library. It's just southwest of Sparkling Lake."

Twilight groaned and facehoofed. Then she grabbed Moonlight with her magic, and teleported out of there.


Golden Oaks Library... Ponyville... Equestria... June 11th... 1:30 PM...

Twilight and Moonlight were on the balcony. Twilight was reading some normal books while Moonlight was reading some comic books. Just then, something hit the railing, startling them both. They looked over and saw Rainbow Dash, bent over on the rail.

"Can I help you?" Twilight asked.

"What happened?" Moonlight asked, worried for Rainbow.

"Let's just say, I was trying out a new trick that didn't go so well," Rainbow said. "Not on my part, mostly because I wasn't ready."

"Applejack?" Twilight asked.

"Yep," Rainbow Dash said.

"What has been going on with Applejack?" Moonlight asked. "She looks exhausted."

"Now that you think about it, she does seem a little bit off," Rainbow Dash said, getting off the railing.

"Since her brother, Big Mac, has been injured, Applejack is determined to do the harvesting all by herself," Twilight said. "She hasn't been wanting anypony's help, even though, it's clear that she needs it." Then the three of them started thinking, putting a hoof to their chins.

Moonlight got an idea and said, "What if... we help with the harvesting without Applejack knowing? You know, making it more easier for her."

"Actually, Moonlight, that's not a bad idea," Twilight said. "Rainbow Dash, get Rarity, Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy."

"But we don't know where to put the apples," Rainbow said.

"But, I know somepony who does," Moonlight said.


Sweet Apple Acres... Ponyville... Equestria... June 12th... 7:30 AM...

Twilight, Moonlight, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Fluttershy and Apple Bloom were bucking the apple trees of Sweet Apple Acres. They continued doing it before Applejack could come. Or wake up.

Pinkie Pie wasn't able to join them because of the "baked bads" that Applejack had made with her. A quarter of the town got sick. So, they had to do the job as quick as possible. Moonlight almost knocked down an entire tree if Twilight wasn't able to keep it up. Basically, they left five trees left unbucked, having Applejack ready to do those ones herself.

"That was close," Twilight said as the seven of them were headed for the exit. "Thanks for letting us know where to take the apples, Apple Bloom."

"No prob', Twi," Apple Bloom said. "Ah'll try ta explain why we had ta help Applejack with 'er chores."

"A big job like that can't be done by one pony," Rarity said.

"Yeah," Rainbow Dash agreed. "Not even the Wonderbolts are a one pony show. There are some tricks that have to be done in groups."

"I doubt even Princess Celestia can handle that much pressure of ruling Equestria all by herself," Twilight said. "Now, how about we go get some breakfast?"

"Can we check on Pinkie Pie first and see how she's doing?" Fluttershy asked.

"Good idea," Twilight said. "We might as well see how she's doing."


Sugarcube Corner... Ponyville... Equestria... June 12th... 8:00 AM...

Twilight, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie and Moonlight were at Sugarcube Corner. Pinkie Pie had gotten better overnight. She just had to wait out the bad muffins that she consumed the previous day. Spike came in, eating those same muffins. When Pinkie Pie saw them, her face turned green and she had the urge to throw up. She rushed towards the bathroom so she could spew.

Just then, Applejack slammed the door open, and walked over towards her friends with an angry look.

"Y'all mind tellin' me why ya bucked mah family's trees when Ah said that Ah didn't need help?!" Applejack shouted.

"Applejack," Twilight said, a bit angry. "You actually did need help. You couldn't possibly buck all of those trees by yourself. And it was proven when you were trying to do other activities with the others."

"You launched me up into the sky when I wasn't even ready for my trick yet," Rainbow Dash gave her example.

"You poisoned ponies with those awful muffins," Rarity said. "Including Pinkie Pie."

"You had the baby bunnies run through town, making them eat all of the flowers that the florists worked so hard on," Fluttershy said.

"Isn't it obvious, Applejack?" Twilight asked. "You needed help. You were just too proud to accept it."

Applejack looked at her friends, showing how much they were concerned for her. She then lowered her head and said, "Ah... Ah guess y'all were right. Ah was wantin' ta prove that Ah could handle all o' the chores bah mahself, and be with mah friends, that Ah couldn't focus. Ah'm sorry."'

"It's okay, Applejack," Twilight said. "Next time you're feeling a little overwhelmed, come and find us and ask for help. We'd be happy to help you."

"You got it, Twi," Applejack said.

"And, I believe that would be a good friendship lesson," Twilight said. "Spike, prepare a report."

"Hang on, Twilight," Spike said, grabbing another bad tasting muffin. "Just one more muffin." Then the muffin was grabbed in a light blue aura, along with the bag containing the rest of the muffins, and they were taken out of Spike's claws.

Moonlight took the muffins, put them on the ground in front of her, and jumped on them multiple times. Moonlight sighed and said, "You do realize it was these muffins that made those ponies sick, right?"

"Really?" Spike asked. "How come I wasn't..." Then his stomach growled, hurting him. "Oh... boy. I need to go to the bathroom!" He then rushed towards the bathroom, but it was locked. He banged on the bathroom door. "Pinkie! Open up! Those muffins are making a run back up!"'

The group of ponies looked at each other, and they all started laughing. Guess not even a dragon can't handle the muffins. It just takes time for them to affect him.

Author's Note:

At least things are starting to clear up for Moonlight. Sure, it's going slow, but at least there are some ponies who are willing to give Moonlight a chance.

And to make things interesting, I've decided to make it in the exact order of the show that red4567 used in the story: Spike The Brony Dragon. Not going to let it go too far of script.