• Published 24th Jan 2021
  • 10,662 Views, 616 Comments

Through the Eyes of Nightmare - Mister E-Nonymous



A boy from an orphanage in New York has had a tough life. He lost his parents when he was four, he got picked on by bullies in school, he got kidnapped and forced to steal a diamond, and now, he ends up in Equestria as a filly Nightmare Moon. Oh boy.

  • ...
40
 616
 10,662

Chapter 14

Chapter 14


Carousel Boutique... Ponyville... Equestria... July 22nd... 10:00 AM...

Twilight, Moonlight and Applejack were on their way to Carousel Boutique. Moonlight was still unsure about her wanting to wear a dress and go to a fancy ball. As Nick, she had watched how some fancy parties went on TV, and found them boring. She was invited to one, and she has a feeling that she's gonna be bored all night.

"I'm not so sure about this," Moonlight said, sticking close to Twilight.

"It'll be fine, Moonlight," Twilight said. "I'm just going to ask Rarity to fix up this dress for the Gala. And hopefully, she can get you fitted into a dress that you would like."

"I'm... not too sure about this," Moonlight said.

"Ah ain't too keen about fashion mahself," Applejack said, "but it is for the Grand Galloping Gala. We have ta get some dresses if we're gonna attend the Gala."

Moonlight sighed as they came into Carousel Boutique. They went in and went upstairs into Rarity's room. Applejack knocked. But when there was no reply, the three of them just entered the room.

"Howdy, Rarity!" Applejack said as she walked in. Rarity didn't answer as she was creating a dress.

"Shh... can't you see Rarity is trying to concentrate?" Twilight said to Applejack.

"Does she really have complete concentration on making dresses?" Moonlight asked.

"Eeyup," Applejack said. "It makes her one of the best fashion ponies here. She knows what makes a pony very fashionable. Not everypony has a huge state of fashion as Rarity."

"You got that right, darling," Rarity said, looking back at the two mares and Moonlight. She then turned around and said, "Now, what brings you all here?"

"Oh, so very sorry to trouble you, Rarity, but I need a quick favor," Twilight said. Twilight then reached into her saddlebags and pulled out an old, worn out red dress. "Could you please fix the button for me? It's my dress for the Grand Galloping Gala."

Rarity gasped when she looked at the dress like it was a terrifying monster. She then said, "Oh, no, no, no! You can't wear this... old thing. You need a glamorous new outfit for the Gala and I'll make it for you. No problem at all. It will be my pleasure!"

"Oh, that's really sweet of you to offer, Rarity, but I can't let you do that," Twilight politely protested. "It would be so much work. This dress is fine."

"Twilight Sparkle. I insist on making you a new dress," Rarity demanded.

"But..." Twilight tried to decline, but Rarity interrupted her, waving a hoof.

"Not another word! I won't take no for an answer."

"Well, in that case... thank you for your generosity, Rarity," Twilight said, giving in on Rarity's generosity. "Knowing your handiwork, I'm sure it will be absolutely beautiful."

Rarity then looked over at Applejack and said, "Let me guess, Applejack. You don't want a new gown either."

"Gown?" Applejack asked. "Shoot. Ah was just gonna wear my old work duds."

"You can't possibly be serious, Applejack!" Rarity said like she was offended by Applejack's words. "You absolutely must wear formal attire."

Applejack thought about that. "Hm... nah."

"What if I just spruce up your... duds for you a little bit?" Rarity asked, nervously.

"Um... okay, sure, why not?" Applejack asked, a little nervous. "Since you're up for it and all. Just don't make them too... frou-frou-y."

"Deal!" Rarity said. Then she looked down at Moonlight. "Are you here for a gown as well?"

"I... still don't like the idea," Moonlight said.

"Don't worry, Moonlight," Rarity said. "I shall make you look beautiful." Moonlight bit her lip. Just then, Rarity remembered something. "This wouldn't happen to be because of the mud mask and curlers I put on you that night, is it? I truly am sorry about that."

Moonlight whimpered at that and Twilight walked up to her, saying, "It'll be fine, Moonlight. It'll just be for the Gala."

Moonlight sighed and said, "I was gonna consider wearing a suit for the gala."

"A suit?!" Rarity asked, shocked. "As in a tuxedo?! Oh, no no no. I shan't let a filly wear a tuxedo to the Gala. I insist on making you a gown for the Gala."

"I don't know, Rarity," Moonlight said, nervously. She even had her head looking away from Rarity. "I... I really don't like..."

"Don't worry, Moonlight," Rarity said, pulling Moonlight's head towards her so the two were looking at each other. "I will make you look beautiful for the Gala, and then you'll never have to wear it again."

Moonlight looked over at Twilight, nervous about what Rarity was saying. Twilight shrugged her shoulders, telling Moonlight that it was Moonlight's choice. Moonlight sighed and said, "Alright. But just for the Gala. But nothing else."

Twilight walked up to Moonlight and said, "It's just one time. You won't have to wear that dress again after the Gala."

"Look out below!" came the voice of Rainbow Dash. Rainbow Dash then crashed through the window. She peeked her head out of the pile of the mess she was in. "Sorry. New trick. Didn't quite work."

Rarity then started thinking. She then gasped and said, "IDEEEEA! I'll make you an outfit for the Gala too, Rainbow Dash."

"Outfit for the what now?" Rainbow Dash asked.

Rarity than ranted about making dresses for all of them for the gala. Including Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy.


Carousel Boutique... Ponyville... Equestria... July 23rd... 10:00 AM...

The Mane 6, Moonlight, Spike and Stan were at Carousel Boutique. Stan was looking up at Opal as she was hissing down at him.

"This is why I hate cats," Stan said, angrily towards the others. "They hiss and scratch at us for no reason." Opal then scratched towards Stan, making him duck. "See?"

"I'm so sorry about that, Stan," Rarity said. "Opal isn't that much into dogs as much." She then turned towards the girls, who had their eyes closed, and said, "That's it. Keep them closed. Don't look. Okay, you can look now!"

The Mane 6 and Moonlight opened up their eyes. The girls were aw struck at the dresses. "These are your new outfits. What do you think of your old duds now, Applejack? Pretty swanky, are they not? And Twilight! I made this dress for you and I designed each outfit theme to perfectly reflect each pony's unique personality. Oh, it took me forever to get the colors right on this one, Rainbow Dash, but I did it. Oh, and it turned out beautiful, don't you think? And I know you are going to love yours, Fluttershy. It just sings spring! And Pinkie Pie, look! Pink! Your favorite! Aren't they all amazing?"

Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie were speechless. They didn't know what to say about the dresses. Moonlight was a little nervous about what her outfit would be.

"Now, Moonlight," Rarity said, walking up to Moonlight. "Here is your outfit for the Gala." Rarity then showed Moonlight her dress. It was a night themed dress. The dress was mainly dark blue with white twinkling dots and purple trimming. There were purple horseshoes with white stars, and a headband with crescent moons at the ends. And the skirt part of the dress was like the front of the dress. Dark blue with twinkling white stars and black trimming at the end. "Now, I would like for you to try it on and I would like to see how it fits you."

"Oh... Okay," Moonlight said like she didn't have a choice. Rarity then put the dress onto Moonlight, making sure that the wings went in through the wing holes. Rarity then had Moonlight's hooves go into the horseshoes. Rarity then made adjustments to Moonlight's mane before she put the headband onto Moonlight's head.

"Alright, Moonlight," Rarity said. "Go ahead and look into the mirror over there." Rarity motioned towards the mirror in the room.

Moonlight walked up to the mirror and looked at herself in the mirror. She was astonished by how she looked. Moonlight gave a faint smile, thinking that she looked... pretty. Just then, she went to a shocked look, and then shook her head.

She sighed and thought to herself, "What was that? Why did I think I looked pretty?" She then cleared her head, exhaled and thought, "I don't know what happened, but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna forget about it. This dress is for the Gala and nothing else."

"Well, what do you think?" Rarity asked. Moonlight looked at Rarity, thinking she was talking to her, but Rarity was really talking to the others.

"Wow," Twilight said. "She looks... majestic."

"I know, right?" Rarity asked. "She's going to look so marvelous at the Grand Galloping Gala. And I'm pretty sure that you're all going to look as marvelous in your own gowns."

"Oh, yeah!" came Stan's voice. "There's the sugar!"

"You like the dress on Moonlight?" Rarity asked, very happily.

"Yeah!" said Stan. "They're so colorful, and I believe that you can be beautiful in your dresses as well."

"Wait, Ah thought dogs were color blind," Applejack said, trying to point out a fact on dogs. "Ya know, see black and white."

"Oh, no," Stan said. "Dogs can see colors, but only limited colors. Something about cones."

"Oh, color cones," Twilight said. "Most creatures have three color cones, which the colors are red, blue and green."

"The color cones of a dog are blue and yellow," Stan said. "Some colors we can't tell. Now, c'mon. I wanna see you all wear those dresses."

Spike walked up to Stan and said, "I agree. Let's see how you all look in them."


Golden Oaks Library... Ponyville... Equestria... July 23rd... 8:30 PM...

Spike and Stan convinced the girls that they didn't have to change anything about the dresses that Rarity made for the others before they tried them on. Rarity convinced Hoity Toity to come to Ponyville to check out a fashion show for the dresses that Rarity made for them. Rarity gave Moonlight a pass on attending it.

Moonlight then looked at herself in the bathroom mirror at her reflection, thinking to herself, "What was wrong with me, earlier? Did I really thought of myself as pretty? How did that happen?"

"Moonlight!" Twilight's voice came from out of the bathroom. "Are you done brushing your teeth?"

"Yes, Mom!" Moonlight said, heading towards the bathroom door. Twilight then nuzzled Moonlight.

"You should get some sleep," Twilight said. "We have a while to get ready for the Gala, and Rarity is keeping them in her boutique to keep ready for the gala."

"Mom?" Moonlight asked. "I'm not sure that I'm going to enjoy the Gala at all."

"It's my first year at the Grand Galloping Gala as well," Twilight said. "Rainbow Dash wants to go to hang out with the Wonderbolts, Applejack wants to share her family sweets with the other guests, Fluttershy wants to see the animals there, Pinkie Pie wants to go party in the biggest party in Equestria, and Rarity is wanting to go there to meet Prince Blueblood."

"Wow," Moonlight said. "That's... a lot of things they want to do." Moonlight sighed and yawned. "Good night, Mom."

Twilight then kissed Moonlight's forehead and said, "Good night, Moonlight." Moonlight then got into her bed and got under the covers. Stan got onto the bed and laid next to her, the two falling asleep.

Author's Note:

Two small parts of this chapter, I'd like to thank two readers for giving me ideas:
Overlord_Bloodscorn and fluttershyfan3030.

But, there's more from fluttershyfan3030's idea that I will continue. But, I'll have to add some... interesting changes to it. Keep liking and commenting on my story.