• Published 24th Jan 2021
  • 10,641 Views, 616 Comments

Through the Eyes of Nightmare - Mister E-Nonymous



A boy from an orphanage in New York has had a tough life. He lost his parents when he was four, he got picked on by bullies in school, he got kidnapped and forced to steal a diamond, and now, he ends up in Equestria as a filly Nightmare Moon. Oh boy.

  • ...
40
 616
 10,641

Chapter 15

Chapter 15


Moonlight's Dream... July 24th... 6:30 AM...

Moonlight was asleep and was dreaming that she was her former self, Nick. Nick was heading to where he was living in the dream from the park. And as soon as he got home, he headed to the room where he was living. But when he got inside, everything was different. His room was now one of a girl's room. He was confused. Instead of his race car bed with Spider-Man bed sheets, it was an all white bed with pink bed sheets. And instead of his posters of things boys would be interested, they were now posters of things girls would find enjoyable. Where his toy chest that was full of action figures and other things boys his age would enjoy, they were replaced with girly dolls. His blue dresser was now white, and all the clothes in it were girl clothes. His closet had girly dresses instead of some more toys for boys. And standing in front of the closet was a small table with a tea set. Nick was shocked to see so much had changed.

"What... What is this?" Nick asked. He looked around and got a little frustrated. "Where's all the stuff that's usually here?"

"Oh, I got rid of them," came a girl's voice. One where he had been using when he/she was awake. Nick turned around and saw... Moonlight? "They aren't too girly if you ask me. After all, you are a girl now."

"N-no!" Nick said, arguing with the Moonlight standing in front of him. "Just because I look like you when I'm awake doesn't mean I want to become you."

"Oh, don't say that," "Moonlight" said, smirking. "After all, you're already me. Now, I think it's time for you to become who you really are." "Moonlight" then lit up her horn, and then the clothes that Nick was wearing started transforming. Nick's red shirt and blue jeans fused together and changed colors, changing into a human version of the dress that Rarity made for him/her. And the headband for the dress appeared on his head. "There you go."

"N-no!" Nick shouted, trying to get the dress off, but he couldn't.

"Ah ah ah," "Moonlight" said, smiling evilly. "I'm not done yet." "Moonlight" then levitated Nick to the table and was put in one seat. Nick tried to get out of the seat, but something was keeping him there. "Now, it's tea time." "Moonlight" sat in the table across from him. She even had some stuffed animals coming from the toy chest, and placing them in the other seats. And the stuffed animals were alive. "This'll make you start thinking like who you really are, right Mr. Fuzzy?" "Moonlight" looked towards the teddy bear, who nodded and held up his tea cup.

Nick tried getting out of there, but he couldn't. It was like that his butt was stuck to the chair and the chair was nailed to the floor. He then shouted, "Stop it! Stop it! Let me go!"

"Oh, no," "Moonlight" said. "This is who you're supposed to be. I'm just here to teach you on how you're supposed to grow up. Now, it's time to drink your tea." "Moonlight" then filled up the cup that was in front of Nick. The drink was pink in his cup while the other cups were a light brown color. "Now, go on. Drink your tea." Nick refused and crossed his arms. "Oh? You don't want any? C'mon. It's good for you." "Moonlight" then used her magic to move Nick's arm for him, having him pick up the cup of tea.

"N-no!" Nick said, trying to resist as "Moonlight" made him pick up the cup of tea. "St-stop it! Help! Help!" Just then, something licked his left cheek, making him wake up from the dream.


Golden Oaks Library... Ponyville... Equestria... July 24th... 7:00 AM...

Moonlight woke up, shocked that she was woken up. She looked to her left to see Stan at the edge of the bed, panting happily that Moonlight was awake.

"Stan?" Moonlight asked. "What are you...?"

"Twilight told me to wake you up for breakfast," Stan said. "Now, c'mon. I got to get some kibble." Stan then got off the bed, and headed downstairs.

Moonlight then looked across the room to look at the mirror on Twilight's dresser, looking at her own reflection.

"What was that all about?" Moonlight thought to herself. "Why did I have a dream like that? It was so... unnatural. I need to clear my head on this." Then her stomach growled. "After I get some breakfast." She then got out of bed and headed downstairs.

Moonlight walked into the kitchen to see Twilight had placed some eggs and hay bacon onto a plate, and put it in Moonlight's spot. Moonlight headed for her spot on the table, and then Twilight kissed Moonlight's forehead, saying, "Good morning, Moonlight."

"Morning, Mom," Moonlight said. She then yawned.

"Just so you know, we're going to be home late," Twilight said. "We have that fashion show for Rarity, and we won't be home until late. Pinkie got Mrs. Cake to come here and watch over you and Stan."

"Okay," Moonlight said, trying to clear her mind.

Twilight was confused by that, and asked, "Are you alright?" She put a hoof on Moonlight's back.

"I'll... I'll be fine," Moonlight said. She then started eating her breakfast.

Twilight sighed and said, "Alright. If you're going to be alright, I'll try not to worry." Twilight then headed over to Stan's dog bowl, and filled it up with dog food. "Here you go, Stan."

As soon as Twilight put it on the floor, Stan just scarfed it down. Twilight shook her head smiling.

Moonlight was eating her breakfast, trying to clear her head from the dream she had woken up from, thanks to Stan. But for some reason, it just couldn't get out. Something in her head is telling her to say something. But she didn't know why. Then the image of her playing with some dolls came in her head, and for some reason, it was making her want one.

"Mom?" Moonlight asked. "Can... can I have... a doll?"

Twilight was confused by that. She looked over at Moonlight and then asked, "Why? Why do you want a doll all of a sudden?"

Moonlight realized what she just asked, shook her head and said, "Never mind. I... I don't know why I asked that."

Twilight walked up to her and asked, "Are you sure you're alright?"

"I... I'm not sure," Moonlight said. She had already finished her breakfast. "Can I be excused?"

"Sure," Twilight said. Moonlight then ran out of the kitchen and headed to the bathroom. She turned on the faucet and threw water onto her face.

"What was wrong with me?!" Moonlight thought in her head. "Why did I ask that? Why did I think of wanting a doll? Where did that even come from?" She then looked at herself in the mirror. She then went wide eyed, seeing that her reflection was dancing like a ballerina. Moonlight then shook her head again, and splashing more water on her face."No! No! I can't think like that!" She then headed on out of the bathroom, and headed downstairs.

Twilight saw Moonlight heading for the front door and asked, "You going out?"

"Yeah," Moonlight said. "Just... need some air."

Twilight nodded and Moonlight headed out of there. Twilight was starting to get curious about Moonlight's behavior. She hopes that Moonlight will be alright.


Streets of Ponyville... Equestria... July 24th... 8:15 AM...

Moonlight was walking through the streets of Ponyville, trying to clear her head. Moonlight looked around and saw that there were a lot of stands for ponies to buy or sell food. Just then, she saw Applejack at an apple stand. She smiled and walked up to her.

"Hey, Applejack," Moonlight said.

Applejack looked towards Moonlight and said, "Well, howdy, Moonlight. What brings ya 'round here?"

"Is... Apple Bloom around?" Moonlight asked.

"Nope," Applejack said. "Sorry sugarcube, but Apple Bloom's sick in bed t'day. She had a cold and won't be better until the next two days."

"Oh... Okay," Moonlight said, sighing afterwards.

"But don't fret too much," Applejack said. "She'll get better soon and the two o' y'all can have fun t'gether."

Moonlight then turned around and started walking to another part of town, with Applejack looking at her all the way. Moonlight was thinking to herself, "Poor Apple Bloom. I was hoping the two of us would play dress up." She then imagined her and Apple Bloom dressing up in ridiculous outfits. Moonlight then went wide eyed and shook her head, again. "What am I thinking?! I shouldn't be thinking that! What is wrong with me?!"

Applejack was confused on that, thinking that something was wrong with Moonlight. She was going to walk over to Moonlight, but somepony walked up to her stand, asking for some apples. Applejack looked back over towards Moonlight and saw that she was running off somewhere.


Park... Ponyville... Equestria... July 24th... 11:30 AM...

Moonlight was sitting on a swing, trying to clear her head. She sighed that she was getting in such a funk, especially when the rest of the Mane 6 were coming in to talk. Walking through the streets after leaving Applejack, she saw a couple of fillies having a pretend tea party. She then stopped to think of what she was doing. It especially helped when Rainbow Dash came swooping in, telling her that she would be training her on how to fly the next day.

When she saw some fillies collecting some flowers to make flower crowns, she thought about joining in and making one herself, but then she shook her head. Fluttershy walked up to her and asked if she was alright. Moonlight said she was alright and walked off. When Moonlight saw some fillies looking at some cute colts in magazines, she thought about joining them, but then she shook her head. And not because Pinkie Pie threw some water balloons at everypony.

Then she headed for the park, which is near Carousel Boutique. As she was passing the boutique, she stopped at thought of getting something to wear, but then she stopped and shook her head once again. Rarity opened the door and saw Moonlight shaking her head. Rarity asked if Moonlight was alright, but all Moonlight just did was run towards the park.

Moonlight was sitting on the swing, trying to clear her head about what she was going through. She didn't have a clue what was going on. Just then, she felt her stomach growl. She then got off the swing, and left the park. As she just left, she heard a voice that she didn't recognize.

"INCOMING!!"

Moonlight looked behind her and saw an orange filly with a purple mane, riding a scooter, about to crash into her. Moonlight jumped out of the way. The filly on the scooter stopped, got off it, and walked towards Moonlight.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry!" the orange filly said. The filly was a pegasus filly, with wings smaller than any normal pegasus filly her age. "Whenever I ride my scooter, I always have the need for speed. Know what I mean?"

"I... guess," Moonlight said, getting up.

The pegasus filly got a good look at Moonlight and said, "Hey, I know you! You're that filly that looks like Nightmare Moon. Moonlight, right?"

"You... you heard of me?" Moonlight asked.

"Everypony in Ponyville has," the orange filly said. "Listen when I say, I am not like any of those ponies who believe you are Nightmare Moon. I'm Scootaloo, by the way."

"N-nice to meet you, Scootaloo," Moonlight said. "So, what do you like to do?"

"Meh, none of that girly stuff," Scootaloo said. "I prefer riding my scooter through town than playing dress up or tea parties or whatever girls do. I prefer stuff like buck ball, hockey and even some wrestling. No way I wanna dress up all girly. Unless I have to, like if I'm going to a fancy party. Which if I do go, I'd go for seeing amazing pony celebrities like the Wonderbolts. Maybe even Rainbow Dash, if she goes to the Gala."

Moonlight looks up and to the gods, or Celestia in this case, and thinks, "Thank... you. Finally, there's a filly who isn't into girl stuff."

"Again, I am so sorry," Scootaloo said. She then heard Moonlight's stomach growl. "Boy, sounds like you could get some food in ya. Need a lift?"

"Um... sure," Moonlight said. Scootaloo then took off her helmet, and shook it off, having another helmet drop out of it. Moonlight was confused and asked, "You wear two helmets?"

"My aunts wanted me to bring a second helmet in case I offer somepony a ride," Scootaloo said, putting the helmet on Moonlight's head. She then got back on her scooter and said, "Get on, and hold on tight. And make sure you don't push on my wings. Kinda need them to get moving."

Moonlight then got on and wrapped her forelegs around Scootaloo's barrel. Scootaloo then flapped her wings, the two of them heading away from the park.

"Where do you live?" Scootaloo asked.

"The Library," Moonlight answered.

"Oh, I know where that is!" Scootaloo said. "Hang on, it's gonna be a bumpy ride!" Scootaloo then sped up, rushing past Carousel Boutique, and rushed through the downtown area.


Golden Oaks Library... Ponyville... Equestria... July 24th... 11:45 AM...

Moonlight held onto Scootaloo as she went through Ponyville. She eventually stopped right in front of the Golden Oaks Library. Twilight was coming out when she saw Moonlight and Scootaloo coming towards the library, and stopping. Moonlight then got off the scooter.

"Thanks for the ride," Moonlight said.

"No problem," Scootaloo said. "I'll see ya around. Perhaps we should hang out more."

"I'd like that," Moonlight said, smiling.

"Hey, Moonlight," Twilight's voice came to the two fillies's attention. "Who's your new friend?"

"Mom, meet Scootaloo," Moonlight said, introducing her new friend.

"Nice to meet you," Scootaloo said.

"Nice to meet you, as well," Twilight said. She then looked towards Moonlight and said, "C'mon, Moonlight. I got lunch made." She then looked back at Scootaloo and asked, "Would you like to join us?"

"Oh, no thank you," Scootaloo said. "I gotta get home with my two aunts. They're already preparing lunch. See you around, Moonlight." Scootaloo then rushed off on her scooter, heading towards another part of Ponyville.

"Wow," said Twilight. "She seems nice. It was nice of her to offer you a ride."

"Yeah," Moonlight said. Moonlight then walked in, with Twilight following her in.


Moonlight's Dream... July 24th... 9:30 PM...

Moonlight was watched by Mrs. Cake when Twilight and Spike were out with their friends at Carousel Boutique for the fashion show. Stan didn't say a word around Mrs. Cake, since it would reveal his secret. Mrs. Cake made Moonlight dinner, and watched over her until it was Moonlight's bedtime. A little after Moonlight went to sleep, Twilight and Spike came home. But they didn't expect what was going to come later.

As soon as Moonlight's dream came in, she dreamt herself as her human boy version, Nick again. But this time, she was back in the girly version of a bedroom he usually dreamed of, and sitting back in the chair he was sitting in, with the filly he sees everyday since he woke up, sitting across from him, giving him an evil smirk.

"So nice of you to come back," "Moonlight" said to Nick.

Nick tried to stand up, but this time, he was tied to the chair. He looked down and saw that he was tied up, still in that dress that the doppelganger had him dressed in. He then shouted, "Let me go!"

"Sorry, Nick," said "Moonlight". "Or should I say, me. But you really have nerve on trying to prevent us from having real fun. As the filly we are."

"That was you?!" Nick shouted, angrily. "You were making me think of all of doing those things, making me want to do girly things?!"

"It's what you are supposed to do," "Moonlight" said. "You're no longer allowed to do boy things, as long as I am in charge." She then grabbed the pink tea with her hoof, walked over towards Nick, and said, "You are drinking this, and I will finally show you how we're supposed to be."

"No! No no no no no no nooooooo!" Nick shouted, squirming. Just then, his body was shaking, and then he was yanked upward by something.

"Oh, c'mon!" "Moonlight" shouted angrily, just as the room crumbled around her.


Golden Oaks Library... Ponyville... Equestria... July 24th... 9:35 PM...

As soon as Twilight and Spike were coming up to the area where they were sleeping, they saw Moonlight squirming in her bed, Stan was laying next to her.

"Oh, no," Twilight said, running up to Moonlight. She then tried to wake up Moonlight. "Moonlight! Wake up! Wake up!"

Just then, Moonlight opened her eyes, gasping. She then started breathing faster, and she looked over at Twilight. She reached over to Twilight, hugged her, and started crying.

"Shh. Shh. It's going to be okay," Twilight said. "Everything's going to be okay."

"N-no," Moonlight said, crying into Twilight's shoulder. "I've... I've had the worst dream."

Twilight put Moonlight back on her bed and asked, "What's wrong?"

"I've been usually having dreams of me back in my original body, doing things boys like to do," Moonlight said, with tears in her eyes. "But last night, when I headed to a house I was living in, the room was different. Like it was for a girl. I was confused, until... well... a pony showed up, and she looked like... well... how I do now."

"What?" Twilight asked. "What else happened?"

"She... she tried forcing me to do girly things," Moonlight said. "Even dressed me up in that gala dress that Rarity made for me. She tried to make me... girly." She sobbed again, leaning onto Twilight's chest.

Twilight was worried for Moonlight. She knew that Moonlight was originally a human boy named Nick. But due to the "Eye of the Night" gem, she ended up in the form she is now. And now, she's losing her mind. She felt bad for Moonlight.

"And... and that's not all," Moonlight said. "She... she started... making me do... girly things... today."

Twilight got confused on that, until she remembered something. She then said, "Was that why you asked for a doll this morning?" Moonlight nodded, still sobbing. "Oh, sweet Celestia. The other girls saw you going to do things you weren't interested in or shaking your head. You're suffering. We can't let you go through with this." She then turned her head towards Spike. "Spike, we need to let the Princess know about this."

Spike saluted, ran over towards a table, grabbed a parchment and a quill, and was about to write. He then said, "Ready when you are, Twilight."

Twilight cleared her throat and said, "'Dear Princess Celestia, it would seem that Moonlight is having trouble with her own mind. According to her, she's somehow getting the urge to do things a filly her age would do, which is making her uneasy because she really wants to continue doing things a colt would do. She's afraid that she'll lose her old personality forever. So, if there's a way for this to stop, and have her do the things she wants to do instead of the girl things, it would really help her a lot. Your faithful student, Twilight Sparkle.' Alright, Spike. Send it."

Spike finished writing it, rolled it up, and blew his emerald flames on it, sending it to Celestia. Just then, the bedroom door slammed open, revealing, not Princess Celestia, but her sister, Princess Luna.

"To what troubles come, thou young filly?!"

"Princess Luna?!" Twilight asked.

"Yes, Twilight Sparkle," Princess Luna said, walking up the steps towards the three in the room. "Our sister was with us whilst the letter was sent to her."

"So, Princess Celestia sent you here?" Twilight asked.

"Our dear sister didn't need to send us," Princess Luna said. "We decided to let Moonlight have nice, calming dreams since she came to Canterlot."

"We?" Twilight asked, confused. But then she asked, "Old time speak?" That made Princess Luna nod. "Okay. We should work on that. Anyway, is there a way to help Moonlight?"

"For some reason, last night, Moonlight's dream was locking us out," Princess Luna said. "It would only work if we were in the same room as Moonlight. Twilight Sparkle, we fear that you must also join us on this expedition into Moonlight's dream. Perhaps, we shall find out what we're dealing with."

"Whoa," Spike said. "So, just you and Twilight are going into Moonlight's dream?"

"It would be better if you stayed out," Princess Luna said. "Tis better to calm Moonlight from the outside if she's squirming. Do not leave her side." Spike nodded, got up onto Moonlight's bed, stood on his knees, and got ready to comfort Moonlight. "Now, tis time we entered the filly's dream." Luna then lit up her horn. Moonlight then felt really tired, fell backwards, her head landing on the pillow. Twilight felt really tired as well, and went to sleep, her head resting on the edge of Moonlight's bed. Princess Luna then used her magic to enter the dream world.


Moonlight's Dream... July 24th... 9:45 PM...

Princess Luna had taken Twilight's self conscious out of her own dream, and the two of them headed into the dream of Moonlight. It was hard for the two to get into the dream, but they eventually did. When they went in, they saw Moonlight's original form, Nick, in a human version of the Gala Dress that Rarity had made. And standing in front of Nick was... "Moonlight".

"What?!" Twilight shouted. "What is going on?!"

"Help!" Nick yelled, trying to squirm out of the ropes. "Get me out of here!"

"What is that?" Twilight asked.

"Tis the original form Moonlight had before waking up here in Equestria," Princess Luna said. "Tis Nicolas. Or for short, Nick."

Twilight walked over towards Nick and asked, "So this was what you looked like before coming to Equestria."

Nick nodded, but "Moonlight" blocked her path, saying, "Stay away! I'm in charge now! He doesn't exist anymore! He's not in charge of the body anymore!"

"You don't get to make that decision!" Twilight shouted at the filly, who was an exact duplicate of what Nick was in the waking world. "Nick, as Moonlight, can make any decision he, or she, wants to make. You can't force him to say or do anything!"

"SHUT UP!!!" the filly shouted, using a really loud voice, pushing Twilight back. Princess Luna came in from behind Twilight, standing her ground, preventing Twilight from leaving the dream. The filly growled and said, "You're ruining everything! You're not supposed to be here!"

"Who are you?" Twilight asked, angrily. "Who are you really? Because you're not really the foal that Nick really is."

The filly smirked and said, "Oh, Twilight Sparkle. You are so... naive. Thinking you can prevent me... from taking on my true form once again." The filly then started getting bigger and older. Then blue armor was levitated towards the growing filly. The filly's voice even started changing. "My days will soon come back. As soon as this form has reached adult age, I shall finally be the queen that Equestria needs! Mwahahahahaha!" The filly grew up and became Nightmare Moon.

"Nightmare Moon!" Twilight and Luna shouted.

"That is correct, you fools!" Nightmare Moon shouted. "And there is nothing you can do to stop me from taking back what's mine!"

"No!" Twilight shouted. "You will never be taking over my foals mind!" She then rushed past Nightmare Moon and hugged Nick as tight as she could. "You're nothing but a monster!" As Twilight was making her speech, Luna noticed that Nightmare Moon's shadow was connected to Nick's shadow.

Princess Luna smirked and said, "Actually, Twilight Sparkle. She's nothing at all. Nightmare Moon is nothing but a shadow. Not a real creature."

"What?!" Twilight asked. She then looked down and saw that Nightmare Moon's and Nick's shadows were connected. Twilight gasped. She then looked at Nick and said, "Nick. You aren't really tied up by her. She's not in charge of you, you're in charge of her."

"I... I am?" Nick asked.

"Yes," Twilight said. "It's up to you to fight her. You're stronger than her."

"I don't think so!" Nightmare Moon shouted. She then stomped towards Twilight and Nick, her horn glowing.

Nick got nervous, but he looked back at Twilight. Twilight kissed his forehead and said, "Human boy or an alicorn filly, I will still love you as if you were my own foal." Twilight smiled at Nick.

Nick smiled. He then thought of something, and then his shadow started turning into a golden color, spreading towards Nightmare Moon. Nightmare Moon stopped in fear, then she tried running for the door, but it was too late. The golden spread started going up her hind legs, going throughout the rest of her body. Just as it reached her face, she gave out one last shout.

"NOOOOOOOOO!!"

Then everything went white. As soon as it cleared up, the three of them were standing in a field, but this time, Nick was back in the body she was used to as she was awake. Moonlight sighed.

Twilight walked up to Moonlight and said, "Like I said, human boy or alicorn filly, I will still love you." Moonlight gave a sad smile, with tears in her eyes. Then the two of them hugged each other, knowing that everything is going to be okay.

"The nightmare is over," Princess Luna said. "From now on, tis your choice on how you spend your life, Moonlight."

"So, she's gone?" Moonlight asked.

"Yes," Princess Luna said. "No more worrying about things thou don't want to do. Live life thou own way." Just then, Princess Luna faded from their sight. The two of them looked at each other.

"So, we got time until we wake up," Twilight said. "What do you want to do?"

Moonlight smirked, and Moonlight transformed back into her original form and Twilight became a human version of herself. Then from around them, they found themselves in an amusement park, Coney Island. Twilight looked around them and was amazed.

"What is this?" Twilight asked.

"Coney Island," Nick said. "I'd thought that the two of us should do something fun from my world. My school teacher took me here one day on Spring Break before I... was kidnapped."

Twilight hugged Nick and said, "It's okay. You don't have to worry about that anymore. Now, how about you and I have some fun here? You totally deserve it."

Nick nodded, then the two of them headed towards the amusement park, Nick especially because he is now finally free of his mental trouble.

Author's Note:

Moonlight was having trouble keeping her boyish interests in charge, she met Scootaloo, and now, she's finally free of those girly interests. From now on, Moonlight is going to be okay.